Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
ringsandroses
Earning My Ears

Need Advice - Formal Pictures

I am going to WDW in August and my daughter will turn 1 year old during the week of our stay. I'd like to get formal pictures taken to mark her first birthday and I had hoped that I could do this during our vacation. But in looking online, the only option I have found is the Disney PhotoPass, which sounds great, except that their options for photo packages are so limited. I would like a package with several sheets of wallets and this is not an option. I don't want to spend a lot of money on a package that won't give me what I want.

Any advice on other options would be much appreciated! FYI, we are staying at the Pop Century and will not have a car, so any photographer would have to be available through Disney transportation.
ringsandroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
snowy76
I do a panic dance
OMG I looooved my K Tel records!

Try this:

http://disneyeventphotography.com/index.php

Click on "Contact Portraits."

CR 12/82 ... CR 12/84 ... Offsite 7/89 ... Swan 8/03 ... AKL 6/04 ... BWV 6/05 ... POP 10/08 ... DTD Hilton 10/09 ... Offsite 8/11 ... DLR 7/12 ... DLR 8/13
snowy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2011, 10:23 PM   #3
ireland_nicole
No brainer- the fairy wins it
Personally, I'm an on site girl

There are also resort photo sessions available which can be booked at several of the deluxe resorts. It recently changed a bit, but you can search in the photo thread and find the info.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:33 AM   #4
annacali
DIS Veteran

If you prepurchase the photopass CD you can then have the pictures printed however you want, where ever you want after you get home.
annacali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:48 AM   #5
LilGMom
It makes me want to Kiss on the lips!
I have caught myself laughing more than a few times

You might want to look into the photo sessions that they offer at some of the resorts. I know that they offer them at the Poly, WL, GF, & AKL. My family had a portrait session at GF four years ago and it was wonderful. It you just your family and the photographer for 30-45 minutes. They offer photo suggestions and are open to taking pictures that you want too. You pay for the CD and are given ownership rights to the CD with all of the pictures that were taken. You can then have your pictures printed anywhere like Sam's Club, Target, Snapfish, CVS, etc. When we did this I ordered the pictures from Sam's Club, had around 20 prints done (everything from wallets to 8"x10"), picked them up and it cost around $30.
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo, Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (aka "Home"), Bay Lake Towers, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas, Carribean Beach, The Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Old Key West, Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside, Saratoga Springs (aka "Home"), Shades of Green, Swan, Treehouse Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, & the Disney Dream.

Upcoming trips: Whenver we feel like it. Living close has its perks.
"Well if there's enough room for a chowder-head like you, then there is more than enough room for a dragon" - Pete's Dragon
LilGMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:09 PM   #6
littlejen22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy76 View Post
Try this:

http://disneyeventphotography.com/index.php

Click on "Contact Portraits."
If you want formal photos I would not use photopass, they are not good photos but good keepsakes, get a real photographer that knows how to use their camera and not keep it on auto.
littlejen22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
photopass, photos

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: