Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2011, 10:55 AM   #1
Jonesloonybin
DIS Veteran

Now Showing...Our first trip out of the Loonybin! May 2011 *Completed:7/27*

This will be our trip of firsts!
-First trip to SC, GA, & FL
-First trip to WDW
-First Disney trip for our youngest (We took our oldest to DLR)
-First Dining report

We are staying on-site at Pop and will have the Deluxe plan for part of our trip. The other part will be OOP.

CAST:

I am Terri (35), and I grew up going to DLR. I am a homeschool Mother. I have IBS that is currently under control (mostly), so I have to be somewhat careful about what I eat. I like a lot of different foods. I am planning on trying new things on this trip.

DH(44) also grew up going to DLR. He works in the IT field. He will try anything! He is the one that has to taste new foods first. (but since he will also eat cold Chinese food, we don't always trust his taste buds!)

DD15 - Super picky!! She will be the hardest to please. We figure if nothing else, she can switch with DD7.

DD7-Good eater. She likes some kiddie type food, but will try new things an usually prefers the adult food.

We are going May1-10 and here is a list of our ADR's:
Drive down food
Raglan Road
Akershus
Chefs de France
Snacks from French Bakery
Teppen Edo
Crystal Palace
Liberty Tree Tavern
Kona
Tusker House Breakfast
Tusker House Lunch
1900 Parkfare Dinner
Pop Breakfast
Snacks at MK
Pop Lunch
Via Napoli
Rose and Crown
1900 Park Fare Breakfast
Wolfgang Puck CafeSnacks at MK
Pop Food Court Dinner
Cape May
Snacks @ DHS/Catalina Eddie's
Sci-Fi
Sunshine Seasons
Garden View Tea Room (Mother's Day)
Earl of Sandwich
Dessert at Pop
Breakfast/Lunch at Pop
Snacking around the World Showcase/Late night snack at Pop
Goodbye Breakfast at Pop
Snacks for the Road
Trip home food

Red means we cancelled that ADR!
We will be taking lots of pictures too!!!

Just 6 more days until we leave!! We are driving from NC.

I will look for a picture of us to post!

Terri

Trips: May 2011 Pop/May 2012 Pop/February 2013 POFQ
Dining report:May 2011
May 2012 PTR: Don't tell them we are going back!

Last edited by Jonesloonybin; 07-27-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Jonesloonybin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:20 AM   #2
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Sounds like a great line up!

My DS has always been like your DD7 ... he always preferred filet mignon to McDs! Now he is 15 and uses our trips as a chance to try new things we would never have at home. I am sure both of your DD's will find plenty to eat!

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2011, 11:35 AM   #3
Jonesloonybin
DIS Veteran

Here is a picture of us.

I have lost 50lbs so far, but still have a ways to go. I am working on letting myself be in more pictures. Usually I am the one with the camera, that way I won't be in any of the pictures. I am determined to be in some of our Disney pictures!! I know I am not at my ideal weight yet, but so what!!

Oh, and my oldest has some purple streaks in her hair!!

Terri

Old 04-25-2011, 11:40 AM   #4
Jonesloonybin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
I'm in! Sounds like a great line up!

My DS has always been like your DD7 ... he always preferred filet mignon to McDs! Now he is 15 and uses our trips as a chance to try new things we would never have at home. I am sure both of your DD's will find plenty to eat!
My first poster!!

That is how our dd7 is, and we are working on DD15. She is getting better about trying new things, but it is slow going. She really doesn't like seafood, but we are hoping she will be willing to be a little adventurous this trip. It is not like she will go hungry on the DxDDp if she doesn't like one of her meals.

Terri

Old 04-25-2011, 02:25 PM   #5
LuvsTigger80
Mouseketeer

all your choices sound yummy!! can't wait to hear how your first trip went....

You'll love the afternoon tea! We did that on our last trip and now we must do every trip. My hubby/son would be upset if we didn't go again!

DVC members as of 5/22/11! Home resort SSR!

Past trips: 4/15-23 2008, 1/27-2-4 2009, 12/2-12 2009 All POP
Next trip: April 25th to May 4th at the Kidini Village-Savannah view

LuvsTigger80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #6
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesloonybin View Post
My first poster!!

That is how our dd7 is, and we are working on DD15. She is getting better about trying new things, but it is slow going. She really doesn't like seafood, but we are hoping she will be willing to be a little adventurous this trip. It is not like she will go hungry on the DxDDp if she doesn't like one of her meals.

Terri
That is actually one thing DS and I have in common ... neither of us really like seafood but we both want to so we keep trying. We do like scallops and stuffed or fried clams but no shrimp or crab. Hoping to try something new this year and actually like it!

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:11 PM   #7
Granfan
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your weight loss and upcoming trip. It sounds great!
Granfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:49 PM   #8
DisneyMamato4
Disney Obsessed!

Looking forward to following your report! Congrats on your weightloss, thats awesome!
This will be our first trip as well in about a month, so I'm having so much fun living through everyone else for a while.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:59 PM   #9
Linda T.
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to your report - have a great trip!!!
May, 1979 - Offsite; June, 1995 - CBR; June, 1997 - CBR; June, 1999 - POR; July, 2001 - CBR; April, 2005 - Disneyland; July, 2005 - CBR; July, 2007 - CBR; July, 2010 - CBR; July 2011 - CBR; July, 2013 - CBR; Next Trip - Christmas, 2014 - BCV

Linda T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:45 PM   #10
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Looking forward to your upcoming reviews!! Have a magical trip!!!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:01 PM   #11
deenbrad
DIS Veteran

Great that you're doing a DR! I keep tossing the idea around!

We'll be there at the same time...so far the weather looks good. Now I'm just hoping for no love bugs!

Have a great time!
off-site many times 1989-2009 (including half of our honeymoon in 1996!), Pop Century May 2011
deenbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:32 AM   #12
Jonesloonybin
DIS Veteran

I am so excited that I have posters!!

I am keeping a close eye on the weather and so far it is looking pretty good. Hot, but no real rain.

I am also keeping my fingers crossed for no love bugs!! That is one experience that I would like to avoid.

I started the girls and DH on some probiotics today. I take them everyday for my IBS. I am hoping this will keep the tummy troubles away since we will be eating quite differently than we do at home.

Ok people, we are down to 4 days!!

Terri

Old 04-27-2011, 08:50 AM   #13
deenbrad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am keeping a close eye on the weather and so far it is looking pretty good. Hot, but no real rain.
So far so good! Wish I could say the same about here today! Tornado watch and threats of really bad weather around bedtime (hate it at bedtime )!!

Quote:
I am also keeping my fingers crossed for no love bugs!! That is one experience that I would like to avoid.
When we went same time in 2008 there were quite a few and my DS HATES bugs - especially the flying variety. It was his first trip and not so great. I would've been better off banking the thousands and taken him to play mini-golf closer to home!

I have read that they are out but not so bad

Quote:
I started the girls and DH on some probiotics today. I take them everyday for my IBS. I am hoping this will keep the tummy troubles away since we will be eating quite differently than we do at home.
Do you find they help the IBS (sorry if personal). I don't feel like it helps mine at all but I do take them daily because they seem to keep everything else at bay (viruses, colds, all the germs from elementary school)!!
off-site many times 1989-2009 (including half of our honeymoon in 1996!), Pop Century May 2011
Old 04-27-2011, 09:03 AM   #14
Jonesloonybin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deenbrad View Post
So far so good! Wish I could say the same about here today! Tornado watch and threats of really bad weather around bedtime (hate it at bedtime )!!

We are having that tomorrow. I feel bad, a lot of homes near here were damaged in the big tornadoes that we had on Sat. I hope the weather is not as bad as they are saying. I do agree that I really hate the PM tornado alerts!!

When we went same time in 2008 there were quite a few and my DS HATES bugs - especially the flying variety. It was his first trip and not so great. I would've been better off banking the thousands and taken him to play mini-golf closer to home!

I have read that they are out but not so bad

My youngest also hates bugs! I cannot imagine how it will be if they are out in full force. Ok, who am I kidding, I also hate bugs.

Do you find they help the IBS (sorry if personal). I don't feel like it helps mine at all but I do take them daily because they seem to keep everything else at bay (viruses, colds, all the germs from elementary school)!!
I feel that they help but I do many things so I am not sure that alone they would make that much of a difference. I take a waterpill everyday and I have limited my diet. I also have some medication that I take from my doctor. It has been a real struggle. I am pretty nervous, since this will be the first long vacation that we have gone on. And the first that we will not be making our own food.

Terri

Old 04-27-2011, 09:17 AM   #15
deenbrad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I feel that they help but I do many things so I am not sure that alone they would make that much of a difference. I take a waterpill everyday and I have limited my diet. I also have some medication that I take from my doctor. It has been a real struggle. I am pretty nervous, since this will be the first long vacation that we have gone on. And the first that we will not be making our own food.

Terri
Good luck! Sometimes my stomach is so much better on vacation . I often wonder if the water here has something to do with it since I'm not a native! Not leaving though!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: