Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
njcarita
BL II - Red Team
If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?
the name DANNY TERRIO pooped into my head
I swear I am full of useless information...

my aunt took swiped my kids pictures off my piano ( update post 54)

....and Im still in shock...

My aunt and uncle came over to visit with my parents.... my aunt is from out of state and I see her only once a year ...

well at the end of her visit she walked over to my piano ... and commented about how she loved my kids pictures that were on top of my piano... she asked me why she never got a copy of these pictures.... told her I would look for extra copies and if I found where they were i would send her some... she proceeded to than take the pictures that were on top of my piano... frame and all and shoved them in her pocket book.... I thought she was joking... when i told her your not taking them.. she said she was and walked out the door....my mother was in the bathroom when all this transpired..

so I told her what happened... she looked shocked and told me don't worry I'll get them back... haven't heard from mom is the last 3 days...

my kids ... my husband and I are all still shocked.... short of tackling my 65 year old aunt at the door...not sure what I could have done....

I am not a big picture person and they are the only pictures I have up of my children... so its not like she thought i had tons up i wouldnt miss these...

i am just shocked at the audacity.... we are suppose to go to my parents for Easter and It really makes me feel like not going... I know its only 3 pictures but there are a few other things going on with my family that makes me just want to stay home with husband and kids.... but than i feel guilty cause none of these family issues have anything to do with my parents and they would be dissapointed if we didn;t come....

before 1988 didn't keep track- must have been over 20 times to disney- went every year with family

Here we go again!!!!
starting weight
Jan 1 2013 194.8lbs Height 5'9" BMI 28.8

Jan 1 2014 187.4 BMI 27.7Goal 150[/COLOR][/FONT]

Last edited by njcarita; 07-14-2011 at 03:48 PM.
njcarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

I can understand how you feel butyou are right, it's not your parents fault. I would go to your parents for Easter so to not punish them. If you see her there, ask for your pictures.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2011, 06:53 PM   #3
ilovepete
DIS Veteran

Wow I can't eve believe it! That is crazy!
Old 04-23-2011, 06:55 PM   #4
njcarita
BL II - Red Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pletprincesses View Post
I can understand how you feel butyou are right, it's not your parents fault. I would go to your parents for Easter so to not punish them. If you see her there, ask for your pictures.
oh she'll be there cause she's staying with my parents while they are up...

before 1988 didn't keep track- must have been over 20 times to disney- went every year with family

Here we go again!!!!
starting weight

Old 04-23-2011, 07:01 PM   #5
dfchelbay
DIS Veteran

Can you find them and take them back from wherever you aunt has them at your parent's house tomorrow? Tell your mom to find them while your aunt is in the shower or something. See where she stashing them, then in all the commotion of tomorrow's holiday, just take them and put them in your pocketbook this time...and take them back!
dfchelbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:05 PM   #6
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Go and get the pictures back tomorrow.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:09 PM   #7
njcarita
BL II - Red Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfchelbay View Post
Can you find them and take them back from wherever you aunt has them at your parent's house tomorrow? Tell your mom to find them while your aunt is in the shower or something. See where she stashing them, then in all the commotion of tomorrow's holiday, just take them and put them in your pocketbook this time...and take them back!
I am betting on that my mom already took them back from my aunt...we will see.... but it just makes for a very uncomfortable Easter dinner.....

Here we go again!!!!
starting weight

Old 04-23-2011, 07:15 PM   #8
crisi
DIS Veteran

Is it possible that your aunt is suffering from some sort of dementia or a stroke? Or is this "typical" behavior for her.

If its typical, I simply wouldn't allow her in my own home any longer. Just don't invite her. If, for some reason, she were to show up uninvited, a "oh, we were just walking out the door" and then grab your purse and keys and start leaving will work.

If its an age thing, I'd try and be understanding.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:31 PM   #9
njcarita
BL II - Red Team

see red notes
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisi View Post
Is it possible that your aunt is suffering from some sort of dementia or a stroke? Or is this "typical" behavior for her.

not the case.... my side of the family just have boundary issues..... my 15 year old summed it up pretty nicely.... my side of the family love them ( my 3 kids) sooooooooo much they steal pictures of them...while dads side of the family we couldnt get them to take a picture if we tried...lol

If its typical, I simply wouldn't allow her in my own home any longer. Just don't invite her. If, for some reason, she were to show up uninvited, a "oh, we were just walking out the door" and then grab your purse and keys and start leaving will work.

she lives on the other side of country.. so i only see her once a year or so

Here we go again!!!!
starting weight

Old 04-23-2011, 07:45 PM   #10
FredinFL
DIS Veteran

Well...you could look at it from the point that she wanted recent photos of your children so much she just took them. Maybe she figured if she didn't, she'd never get them. Is she right?
FredinFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:46 PM   #11
girlieeee
Mouseketeer

Sounds like she's a bit of a bully. I understand wanting to not go tomorrow night but I assure you if you don't, she ultimately wins. Don't let her get the best of you. Go in and if your mom hasn't already asked her for them make a fuss, she will be embarrassed and give them back. Offer again to make copies for her but you want YOUR pics back.

May 2011 -8 Nights Boardwalk Villas "Just the 4 of us" //May 2007 -8 Nights Pop Century with lots of family // May 2005 - 6 Nights Pop Century //August 2002 - Disneyland (only 1 day) // Many times when I was little @ Disneyland
girlieeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:53 PM   #12
njcarita
BL II - Red Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredinFL View Post
Well...you could look at it from the point that she wanted recent photos of your children so much she just took them. Maybe she figured if she didn't, she'd never get them. Is she right?
actually they probably have more pictures of my kids than I do.....and their son is a photographer who takes tons of pictures at every get together ...so no thats not the case.... she just wanted those pictures...

Here we go again!!!!
starting weight

Old 04-23-2011, 07:53 PM   #13
telephoneman66
Mouseketeer

Glad I'm not the only one with total nuts in my family. Thanks for posting.
telephoneman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:09 PM   #14
bdcp
DIS Veteran

The only one that should feel uncomfortable is her. Do whatever it takes to get them back. She STOLE from you and don't let anyone tell you any different. She doesn't care about your feelings or your possessions so don't let her walk all over you.
Shades of Green Nov 08

Shades of Green Oct 11
Shades of Green Nov 13
bdcp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:15 PM   #15
MamaOdie
Earning My Ears

Wow, are we related?

My mom's side of the family is like that, but the funny thing is that I've never thought of it as a bad thing because they have always shown us so much love. As weird as it is, the joke in that side of family is to hide anything you aren't willing to give up because someone WILL ask for it. I've had aunts give me the jewelry or clothing off their body if I mention I like it so I consider it "paying it forward" when someone comments about something of mine and wants to have it.

It's good that your son realizes she did it because she loves them. So as crazy as it might have been, just remember that you are fortunate enough to have family that loves your kids so much. You see your kids everyday and she just wanted a small reminder to take home with her. Don't make her feel bad for loving your kids that much. Just move on and see if you can find more pictures or have new ones taken

My dad's side of the family...we'd have to pay them to take one of our pictures too! That is why I'm so much closer to my mom's side of the family.

Last edited by MamaOdie; 04-23-2011 at 08:23 PM.
MamaOdie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: