Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2011, 02:36 PM   #61
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey22 View Post
I just read thru your whole PTR! We are going to be there the same time as you...we drive down on the 5th from CC, NV to bishop, then head onto LA from there to the PVI. We actually leave 6/12 to go on our first cruise to the MR...we will have to look for you in the parks. Also, about your food choices..you know that there will be two new choices over at the DL hotel..Trader Sams and can't remember the other ones name. We are going to try and hit one of those while we are there. We will be seeing WOC for the very first time........so DH will be standing in line to get FP. I have, and kids have some food allergies for the meals, so a no go for that way to get FP. I so understand for your friend and food allergies...I had GB two years ago, and developed a dairy allergy, and cannot eat alot of things DL serves. I usually do the toddler meals, kids meals (just switch with one of my kids) or bring my own. Now I just have to get my rear-end in gear and start pack for essentially two trips.....
Thanks for joining in!

My friend keeps telling me over and over not to worry about the food so besides listing them on our reservations I think I will stop worrying!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:40 PM   #62
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

So the last time I posted I was debating on the Fantasmic Dessert. I have pretty much decided not to spend the money on it. Since Monday is our travel day and I'm not sure how tired we will be I don't want to spend that much and possibly not end up making it to the show.

Instead we will hopefully do the Parade and then just go find a good spot to watch the show (if we are still awake!). Since Fireworks are being shown every night and Fantasmic just a few I think we will do the F! the first night and then the Fireworks the second or 4th night.

WoC is still set for Wednesday!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2011, 03:32 PM   #63
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
So the last time I posted I was debating on the Fantasmic Dessert. I have pretty much decided not to spend the money on it. Since Monday is our travel day and I'm not sure how tired we will be I don't want to spend that much and possibly not end up making it to the show.

Instead we will hopefully do the Parade and then just go find a good spot to watch the show (if we are still awake!). Since Fireworks are being shown every night and Fantasmic just a few I think we will do the F! the first night and then the Fireworks the second or 4th night.

WoC is still set for Wednesday!
Not that I think you'd be up for going to the 2nd showing of F! on your travel day, but if you want to try...........before the first showing ends, go past the crowds to the Critter Country side, hang out in the area & wait for the show & fireworks to end. When the masses head back towards Frontierland.......move on down & get great seats!!!! It works like a dream....but you have to be willing to be up for the later show. (maybe a different night???)
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:35 PM   #64
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Not that I think you'd be up for going to the 2nd showing of F! on your travel day, but if you want to try...........before the first showing ends, go past the crowds to the Critter Country side, hang out in the area & wait for the show & fireworks to end. When the masses head back towards Frontierland.......move on down & get great seats!!!! It works like a dream....but you have to be willing to be up for the later show. (maybe a different night???)
That is another good way to get a sitting area at the ROA for the 2nd show of F!. I have seen people wait around CC for the 2nd show of F! and get to the viewing area first. Since the CMs don't let any of the guests that are coming from Frontierland until the first F! guests leave the area. YOu can go there and get a good spot. Hope everything goes well for you Paula during your visit.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:34 AM   #65
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

Whew! All caught up. It sounds like you are in for a wonderful trip! How exciting that you get to take such a long trip. You have a lot of things on your to-do list that I've never done as well. I didn't realize there was so much I hadn't done until I read your list!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:27 PM   #66
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. We will see what happens that day! And the following.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejdigsdis View Post
Whew! All caught up. It sounds like you are in for a wonderful trip! How exciting that you get to take such a long trip. You have a lot of things on your to-do list that I've never done as well. I didn't realize there was so much I hadn't done until I read your list!
Thanks for reading! I'm loving your TR. I hope mine becomes as interesting!

I didn't know there was so much I hadn't done either.... and that doesn't include things like finding the Dapper Dans and any other street performers!

In the next few days I will be posting a preliminary agenda... you all can give me criticism!
Old 05-14-2011, 12:42 PM   #67
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Preliminary Plan for the first week.

Here is my Preliminary Plan for the first half of my trip. It is the time I will have my Best Friend with me!

Arrival Day - Monday June 6th

My friends flight arrives at SNA at 12:15pm. I arrive approx 20 minutes before her.

Take the shuttle from SNA to PPH (I haven't decided which shuttle company to use yet.)

The first objective after checking in will be to find some food. Is there anyplace in the PPH that has food for lunch?

Next objective (hoping our room is ready!) is to take a nap. I will have been awake since 9pm the previous night and my friend will have been up since before dawn in Texas.

The rest of this plan is completely tentative and will be decided upon if we have the energy. Provided we get a little nap this is what I am thinking....

Mickey's Soundsational Parade is at 4pm and 6:30pm. If we have energy we will attempt the 4pm Parade and then I would like to do dinner at Goofy's (if we can get a last minute PS)

If we don't have the energy for the 4pm Parade than hopefully we can make the 6:30pm.

I am hoping regardless of which Parade we make we can head to ROA and catch the 9pm Fantasmic.

If we do the 4pm Parade, dinner at 5pm at Goofy's, back to ROA by 7pm.

If we do the 6:30pm at ROA by 7:15ish allowing for crowds walking the same direction. If this option we will grab some CS food and take it to wherever we find a spot for F! and eat sitting there.

After either choice is will be back to the room for sleep as soon as possible after F!

Day 2 Tuesday June 7th

Get up early in time for my first MM!

Arrive to gates by 6:30am for 7am entrance.

Peter Pan First
Dumbo
Matterhorn
Mr Toad
etc

8am get to Star Tours for FP
(grab FP for Space when possible)
(get FP for Indy when possilbe)

10am Breakfast at Minnies

After Breakfast cross over to DCA
(grab FP for Soarin)

12:40pm Aladdin
(grab FP for ToT)

After Aladdin head back to room to rest.

5pm head back to the parks. Use FP collected in the am.

Dinner ???

Fireworks??

Close out the parks

Day 3 Wednesday June 8th
(A Grad night)

Arrive to gates by 6:30am for 7am entrance
FL rides again, possibly Finding Nemo

Grab FP for Space or Star Tours at 8am then run to Toon Town for TTMM

9:15 head to DCA. 9:30am get FP for Soarin and possibly ride it.

Get in line for Little Mermaid?

Get FP for Screamin

Lunch at Pacific Wharf area (with the choices hoping friend can find something to eat)

We have 6pm PS for Ariels Grotto for WoC

After dinner get in line for WoC

enjoy WoC

Back to room for sleep!

Day 4 Thursday June 9th

Sleep In!

Arrive to gates by 8ish
9am Opening
Head to PFF!

Do whatever we want....

Lunch at Carnation Cafe at ??

Do Whatever we want ....

Dinner @ Cafe Orleans at ???

Fireworks if not seen earlier in the week

Park closes at 9pm

Day 5 Friday June 10th

Sleep In!

Arrive to gates by 8ish
9am Opening

First thing! Head to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad... this is the only day my friend is there that it is open. Obtain FP. Ride... Obtain FP... Ride!

Lunch at Big Thunder Ranch BBQ

Rest in room

Dinner at ???

Day 6 Saturday June 11th

My friend Kim goes home. Right now her flight is booked for super early in the morning. Hoping we can change it to later in the day. If we have to keep the early one she will leave and I will change hotels.

If we get her a later flight I want to end her trip with breakfast at Surf's Up. (If her flight is not changed we will do a 7am PS for Surf's Up on Friday instead of sleeping in.)

I am obviously not stuck to a strict plan! After being organized for the morning we will then just wing it the rest of the day. Utilizing FP as much as we can.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:19 PM   #68
DizNee Luver

Lunch choices at PPH.....not really. The restaurant is closed until dinner, but there is a small "lounge" that has food across from the gift shop. GCH & DTD would probably be a better place to find food.

You have arriving Weds at 6:30 for 7am opening (but noticed some other mornings opening at 9? MM is on the T & S days....so hope that's not your plan for Weds (unless they've changed the schedule??)
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

Old 05-14-2011, 01:29 PM   #69
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lunch choices at PPH.....not really. The restaurant is closed until dinner, but there is a small "lounge" that has food across from the gift shop. GCH & DTD would probably be a better place to find food.

You have arriving Weds at 6:30 for 7am opening (but noticed some other mornings opening at 9? MM is on the T & S days....so hope that's not your plan for Weds (unless they've changed the schedule??)
They did change he schedule because of Grad Nights. MM is on Tuesday & Wednesday that week.

Bummer about no lunch choices at PPH... I was hoping to get a nap in ASAP so we can enjoy the evening.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:02 PM   #70
DizNee Luver

Quote:
They did change he schedule because of Grad Nights. MM is on Tuesday & Wednesday that week.

Bummer about no lunch choices at PPH... I was hoping to get a nap in ASAP so we can enjoy the evening.
Well, then it sounds good!!

The Surfside Lounge actually has more options for lunch then I realized....we grabbed a quick breakfast there one morning but here's their lunch menu:

Hail "Mexican" Caesar - Grilled Chicken, Creamy cilantro dressing, Pico de Gallo, Roasted Corn and Tortilla Strips. $10.99

All-American Classic Burger - Beef, Turkey or Vegetable Patty. An enduring Classic with or without Cheese. $8.99

Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwich - Topped with Roasted Chilies, Lettuce, Tomato, Guacamole, and Jack Cheese. $11.99

The PCH Club - Double-Decker of Turkey, Lettuce, Tomato, Bacon and Mayonnaise. $10.49

The PCH Cobb - Chicken, Blue Cheese, Bacon, Tomato, Egg, Avocado and Blue Cheese Dressing. $11.99

Big Kahuna - Half-Pound Ground Beef with Crispy Bacon, Cheese and Avocado. $11.99

PCH Patty Meltdown - Beef Patty, Turkey or Roast Beef grilled with Cheese and Onions. $10.99

So hopefully you can find something & can get that nap in!!

Old 05-14-2011, 04:21 PM   #71
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
I would definitely go to the lounge for lunch. Get that out of the way so you can get a nap in. Don't spend time walking here and there, just get youreslf taken care of quickly.

Think either of you will sleep on the plane? That might alter those nap plans.

On day three do you know for sure when TTMM will be? I wonder if it will be later despite the early opening. If it's at 9am that might make is hard to get into DCA at 9:30. Maybe don't try TTMM and DCA early for LMAUA on the same day?

If it looks like you can't do surf's up on the last morning maybe make it special dinner the night before to finish on a high note?
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:34 PM   #72
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, then it sounds good!!

The Surfside Lounge actually has more options for lunch then I realized....we grabbed a quick breakfast there one morning but here's their lunch menu:

Hail "Mexican" Caesar - Grilled Chicken, Creamy cilantro dressing, Pico de Gallo, Roasted Corn and Tortilla Strips. $10.99

All-American Classic Burger - Beef, Turkey or Vegetable Patty. An enduring Classic with or without Cheese. $8.99

Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwich - Topped with Roasted Chilies, Lettuce, Tomato, Guacamole, and Jack Cheese. $11.99

The PCH Club - Double-Decker of Turkey, Lettuce, Tomato, Bacon and Mayonnaise. $10.49

The PCH Cobb - Chicken, Blue Cheese, Bacon, Tomato, Egg, Avocado and Blue Cheese Dressing. $11.99

Big Kahuna - Half-Pound Ground Beef with Crispy Bacon, Cheese and Avocado. $11.99

PCH Patty Meltdown - Beef Patty, Turkey or Roast Beef grilled with Cheese and Onions. $10.99

So hopefully you can find something & can get that nap in!!
A lot of those optios look pretty tasty to me! Hopefully there is something my friend can eat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
I would definitely go to the lounge for lunch. Get that out of the way so you can get a nap in. Don't spend time walking here and there, just get youreslf taken care of quickly.

Think either of you will sleep on the plane? That might alter those nap plans.

On day three do you know for sure when TTMM will be? I wonder if it will be later despite the early opening. If it's at 9am that might make is hard to get into DCA at 9:30. Maybe don't try TTMM and DCA early for LMAUA on the same day?

If it looks like you can't do surf's up on the last morning maybe make it special dinner the night before to finish on a high note?
That is why I asked about options at PPH Matt because I don't want to walk all over the place.

My friend may be able to nap on the plane but I know her flight has 2 stops so that makes it harder. My flight is only an hour long so kinda hard to get a nap in.

I thought TTMM did not change its schedule with Grad nights? I guess if it is not at 8am on Wednesday then we will do it on Friday...
Old 05-14-2011, 05:45 PM   #73
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I hope there is something your friend can eat. Otherwise nap time might get a little switched around.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:58 PM   #74
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I hope there is something your friend can eat. Otherwise nap time might get a little switched around.
I think she would be able to do the salads just without the dressing or a sandwich without the bun (or I have heard that a lot of Disney locations have gluten free buns)

Otherwise we will go for a walk to get something.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:01 PM   #75
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
I think she would be able to do the salads just without the dressing or a sandwich without the bun (or I have heard that a lot of Disney locations have gluten free buns)

Otherwise we will go for a walk to get something.

This is a link to Molly's thread and she can help you find the way to find out those places. She is a whiz at these things.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: