Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #61
MamaSue
Earning My Ears

Saying "Hi"

Hi Gang! We will be flying in from So Cal. This will be our 3rd cruise. We had originally booked a 4 day cruise on the Dream but then I figured with a 4 year old and a long flight and time difference it might be a bit too much for him to handle so we changed it to this itinerary. I did the FE's on the last 2 cruises and it's a lot of fun and took some work but we loved coming back to our room to find goodies in our FE. Even hubby thought it was fun. My Mom made our FE and it's really cute. I thought I'd only be using it for one cruise, but we are hooked on Disney cruises! I am still trying to figure out the logistics of booking travel (flight, hotel, transportation) but there is still some time for me to get that done. Looking forward to chatting with you all on the board.
Oct. 2012 - Disney Magic, Western Caribbean
Sept. 2013 - Disney Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean
Feb. 2014 - Disney Wonder, Western Caribbean
Oct. 2015 - Disney Wonder, Mexico (Cabo)
MamaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:09 AM   #62
shaned
Mouseketeer

Hi MamaSue,

Welcome to the cruise, I have read about the FE's sounds like fun, but I'm assuming there isn't a list for this cruise, not that I've found anyways.

Dena
shaned is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #63
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSue View Post
Hi Gang! We will be flying in from So Cal. This will be our 3rd cruise. We had originally booked a 4 day cruise on the Dream but then I figured with a 4 year old and a long flight and time difference it might be a bit too much for him to handle so we changed it to this itinerary. I did the FE's on the last 2 cruises and it's a lot of fun and took some work but we loved coming back to our room to find goodies in our FE. Even hubby thought it was fun. My Mom made our FE and it's really cute. I thought I'd only be using it for one cruise, but we are hooked on Disney cruises! I am still trying to figure out the logistics of booking travel (flight, hotel, transportation) but there is still some time for me to get that done. Looking forward to chatting with you all on the board.
Welcome Unfortunately I have also become addicted to Disney cruises Good for the stress level, bad for the wallet! It's good to see more and more folks joining this cruise, I'm excited to have the Magic sailing from so close to home, and the more that join in the more likely we get to have her back.

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston
ukintheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #64
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaned View Post
Hi MamaSue,

Welcome to the cruise, I have read about the FE's sounds like fun, but I'm assuming there isn't a list for this cruise, not that I've found anyways.

Dena
I didn't realize that we don't have an "official" FE list going. I don't mind organizing it - I've never organized one before, but we've participated in one and I still have all the info from that one that I can use to figure out how it's done. I was thinking it might be fun to do one on this cruise seeing as we will be driving down so I don't have to worry about packing as much. Plus it's first cruises for Mum and sister.

Anyone that wants to participate just send me a PM with the following info:

Room # -
Last Name -
Email Address -
Names of people in party -
DD/DS and ages for kids with their names -
Celebrating anything -

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston
Old 03-05-2012, 07:24 AM   #65
shaned
Mouseketeer

221 days !!!!
Old 03-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #66
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Has anyone sailed out of Galveston before and have any tips on parking etc? We'll be driving down that morning, and I've looked at the Galveston website for parking, but there appear to be several options. I wonder if boarding time will be the same as Port Canaveral?

I'll have to go and stalk the other cruise meet threads for those that are doing the first few cruises from Galveston.

Jenny & Scott
Old 03-06-2012, 07:54 AM   #67
shaned
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukintheus View Post
Has anyone sailed out of Galveston before and have any tips on parking etc? We'll be driving down that morning, and I've looked at the Galveston website for parking, but there appear to be several options. I wonder if boarding time will be the same as Port Canaveral?

I'll have to go and stalk the other cruise meet threads for those that are doing the first few cruises from Galveston.

I see that the Fantasy is in port already this morning.
I debate whether to have our daughter drop us off or park, not sure though.

Dena
Old 03-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #68
deanna23
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone, We have been busy with school and work and getting ready to plan our summer trip. I see that alot more people have made plans to cruise. Right now, I am the only one excited. It is to far away for the rest. We have cruised out of galverston on the conquest. We stayed at a hotel and they drove us to the ship and pick us up after the cruise and we got to park the car for free.
I have one child nervous about missing school because he is in the ap classes and is a junior but the teachers keep telling me that they will help me with classwork. I don't know how many days we will miss because the calender for next year is not out so hopefully in March they will plan it out. The other child could care less about missing school, he likes mental days and he will be a freshman.
OK, I think I have told you enough for now. I just cannot wait. I could leave today. Deanna
deanna23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #69
Sharry77
Earning My Ears

Cruising for the first time...

Hi all!! My hubby and I will be joining all of you on our first cruise, ever! We are both so excited and can't wait. We don't have any children, but we already have so many plans to decorate our door and participate in the FE activities. There is also another couple coming with us. We live in N Ft Worth, so it is great that Disney finally decided to come to TX!!
Sharry77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:15 AM   #70
shaned
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharry77 View Post
Hi all!! My hubby and I will be joining all of you on our first cruise, ever! We are both so excited and can't wait. We don't have any children, but we already have so many plans to decorate our door and participate in the FE activities. There is also another couple coming with us. We live in N Ft Worth, so it is great that Disney finally decided to come to TX!!
Hey Sharry77, Welcome aboard !! LOL- Sorry for lame welcome Hubby and I have never cruised before also. We are traveling without kids also. Ours are grown. But hubby makes up for the kid part. He's gotten older but refuses to grow up. I think Disney brings out the kid in everyone.

Dena
Old 03-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #71
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome No kids for us either, but we still have a BLAST on the Disney cruises and love every bit of it! Our first cruise was on the Magic also a couple of years ago Be prepared for a new addiction!

Jenny & Scott
Old 03-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #72
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

FE List

Just a reminder that I have started a Fish Extender list (FE) for anyone that's interested.

Anyone that wants to participate just send me a PM with the following info:

Room # -
Last Name -
Email Address -
Names of people in party -
DD/DS and ages for kids with their names -
Celebrating anything -

Jenny & Scott
Old 03-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #73
Sharry77
Earning My Ears

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I am getting so excited making all the plans!! It's great to hear that we will not be the only ones without kids, even though we too may act like kids when we hit the ship!! Does anyone have any secret tips for motion sickness??
Sharry77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #74
Mau Loa Disney
Mouseketeer

Hello All,

We have booked this cruise and we are so excited We are from Texas and have been waiting for Disney to sail out of Galveston. We will still have over a 4 hour drive, but so happy we dont have to deal with the airport for this vacation. I think the planning is so much fun and I cant wait to go on this cruise. This will be the first Disney cruise for DH and me. We are going with Sharry77 and we have been talking almost non-stop about our trip.

1st trip on Disney Cruise scheduled for October 2012
Mau Loa Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:39 AM   #75
shaned
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I am getting so excited making all the plans!! It's great to hear that we will not be the only ones without kids, even though we too may act like kids when we hit the ship!! Does anyone have any secret tips for motion sickness??
I plan on taking Dramamine, most everything I've seen you start taking it from a day to 2 days before the cruise and then every day, or night which ever works. Also read something about ginger - this is suppose to help calm the stomach, I will probably take peppermints,

Dena

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: