Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
bigbro501
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Gay_Dayz_Disney/

Mears shuttle from airport

I arrive June 2nd at 1230pm. I am not renting a car. I was looking into getting from the airport to the Downtown Disney Wydnham where I m staying using MEARS shuttle. Anyone had any experience with MEARS? Just wondering how long it may take and such.

Sean
bigbro501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:52 PM   #2
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

you are probably better off askin this in the transportation section of the board as I suspect you will get more replies... however, anybody who rides DME is actually riding a MEARS bus... we've never had issues with either DME or using MEARS back in the day when transportation was not included with Disney resort stays.
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration/15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2011, 04:02 PM   #3
DrGaellon
Disney Fan - Westgate Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbro501 View Post
I arrive June 2nd at 1230pm. I am not renting a car. I was looking into getting from the airport to the Downtown Disney Wydnham where I m staying using MEARS shuttle. Anyone had any experience with MEARS? Just wondering how long it may take and such.Sean
Check with the Wyndham first. Almost all the DD area hotels offer shuttle service from the airport; you may be able to get a free ride to-and-from.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #4
Schotz
Mouseketeer

I used meats many times. Sometimes you can get that angry Haitian driver that is new to the country and doesn't seem to like people in general. Most of the time you get friendly knowledgable drivers. The shuttle bus is a van that is a bit cramped but extremely good deal for solo people. You will have a long trip because it's a shared van and goes to other hotels. The taxi is fastest and cheapest but looking at almost $100 usd. The meats town car is the way to go just about $110 usd. The driver waits for you at the baggage claim takes you luggage for you and your off in style in a waxed Lincoln navigator or town car. I love paying for the town car for the airport trips they are always on time which you don't want to be late for your hotel or flight home. The shuttle will save you $70 but you may wait for hours and you don't be late going home.
Schotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:41 PM   #5
ConcKahuna
Corn was on sale, 10 ears for $3, of course it was cheaper at The Root Of All Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schotz View Post
I used meats many times. Sometimes you can get that angry Haitian driver that is new to the country and doesn't seem to like people in general. Most of the time you get friendly knowledgable drivers. The shuttle bus is a van that is a bit cramped but extremely good deal for solo people. You will have a long trip because it's a shared van and goes to other hotels. The taxi is fastest and cheapest but looking at almost $100 usd. The meats town car is the way to go just about $110 usd. The driver waits for you at the baggage claim takes you luggage for you and your off in style in a waxed Lincoln navigator or town car. I love paying for the town car for the airport trips they are always on time which you don't want to be late for your hotel or flight home. The shuttle will save you $70 but you may wait for hours and you don't be late going home.
Holy crap, who did you use that it cost you $110? I can get you a luxury towncar for about $50

Working on Hotel Plaza now, and dealing with various transport people all the time, I have numbers for everything from 15-passenger vans to towncars if anyone needs them LOL

ETA nm you're talking about round-trip.
ConcKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:56 PM   #6
DOPEYLUVER
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcKahuna View Post
I have numbers for everything from 15-passenger vans to towncars if anyone needs them LOL
David, do you happen to know the cheapest way to get from the airport in Sanford to WDW? Time isn't really a concern as my son will be arriving by plane in the middle of the afternoon and the rest of us will be driving and not arriving till about 8PM. Hmm, maybe he can walk.

DOPEYLUVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:38 PM   #7
Schotz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcKahuna View Post
Holy crap, who did you use that it cost you $110? I can get you a luxury towncar for about $50

Working on Hotel Plaza now, and dealing with various transport people all the time, I have numbers for everything from 15-passenger vans to towncars if anyone needs them LOL

ETA nm you're talking about round-trip.
Aye its $56 each way for a Town Car with mears from MCO Airport to Double Tree host hotel. Don't forget to tip, the drivers are always pleasant (except some of the taxi drivers).

I chose mears because I have a charge account with them. Some times when I make a reservation for a taxi they send me a town car at no extra charge.
Schotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:52 PM   #8
L&Lfan
DIS Veteran

I've taken Mears when I've stayed at Universal and I've never waited more than 15 minutes for the shuttle to show up. It can get a little cramped when it's a full load and you're searching for the seat belt, but my experiences have all been positive.
L&Lfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: