Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES! > disABILITIES Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2011, 08:45 PM   #1
disneynp
Mouseketeer

just a vent

no flames please. so i have to work and my husband has to work and the dd has to go to speech and the grandparents said it is not there responsibility. I know it isnt but we could lose our house at most and at least job if we miss work. so we are not asking them to do this all the time. this is the first time since she started. Now for a little history the mil did use to help a lot but now no help at all.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:21 PM   #2
bookwormde
Heading out now, another adventure
Have a good time, WDW is a magical place

Sorry to hear this, i am blessed with a very supportive extended family and it makes all the difference.

Maybe a heart to heart talk would help, being honest about the challenges that your child and your family face.

bookwormde
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2011, 09:46 PM   #3
nycdisneygal
Mouseketeer

i am so sorry. it really does take a village and i am so sorry you dont have help
nycdisneygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:02 PM   #4
disneynp
Mouseketeer

thanks

My mil knows everything. Her not helping is punishment for my husband and i not living how she thinks we should. However, this asking is a one time thing since she works mon thru fri and i am usually off but i have a chemo class that is mandatory. It is more frustrating because we had a family meeting sunday and the message was about being there for one another even when u dont want to. When my husbamd broight it up to his parenta he had the nerve to say the message was not for us as if we didnt matter. These are the same ones who dont miss church but will not even entertain the idea of taking their grandkids with them. Im just getting frustrated with all the this is what God would do and their preaching but condemning us for not going to church every sunday but u cant help with anything important that is hypocritical.like i said i need to vent to someone and yall dont know.her so i feel safe.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:50 AM   #5
brat
DIS Veteran

Sorry they are not living the values they preach.Praying God helps them show his love in actions of kindness.
brat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: