Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 11:06 PM   #106
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

So I sit here reading and posting

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:06 PM   #107
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
I just don't like going to bed with so much thunder going on... never quite know if it will turn into something more
I'm still winding down from the Seder and post-Seder cleanup. Just relaxing and watching Glee. And finishing up the bottle of Riesling we opened for the Seder. Wouldn't want that to go to waste. Just like I didn't want the last of that Malbec to go to waste before I finished it of . . .
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2011, 11:06 PM   #108
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Check out Stopher trying to catch up to Dave for the top spot
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 04-19-2011, 11:06 PM   #109
stopher1

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

and watching the weather out the window. Still lots of lightning, and LOUD thunder

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:10 PM   #110
stopher1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRitz View Post
I'm still winding down from the Seder and post-Seder cleanup. Just relaxing and watching Glee. And finishing up the bottle of Riesling we opened for the Seder. Wouldn't want that to go to waste. Just like I didn't want the last of that Malbec to go to waste before I finished it of . . .
NO - don't let them go to waste.

We were invited to a Seder this year by some friends. I wasn't able to go, but my wife did. The hosts even let her light candles. She enjoyed it.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:10 PM   #111
stopher1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Check out Stopher trying to catch up to Dave for the top spot
Ok.

It's entirely possible - though not necessarily my ambition.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:12 PM   #112
stopher1

Though I am currently holding the top spot for IX... and of course there is that whole 11,000 thing looming on the horizon (of course I have to get past 10,800 first, and add a few more after that...)

Old 04-19-2011, 11:13 PM   #113
stopher1

I could just start posting pictures. That's always fun.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:15 PM   #114
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Stopher, tell us about your last trip
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 04-19-2011, 11:15 PM   #115
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Can't sleep either. Watching Deadliest Catch. Haven't gone to a Sader in a few years. As a history buff, I was facinated at my first Sader with the historical ties of the meal.

Keep your head down Christopher. Keep us posted.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:16 PM   #116
stopher1

Here's one from January

Old 04-19-2011, 11:28 PM   #117
DisDr.
Caution: Doors Open Automagically Toward You

Had a nice evening with friends. Lots of hot, spicy crawfish and Abita Amber.

Rode around with DW today checking out schools for DS6 since we are moving this summer. We went to 6 different schools today (3 public/3 private).
DIS Dad's Club Member #475 DISDads Facebook Group Member

Old 04-19-2011, 11:28 PM   #118
stopher1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Stopher, tell us about your last trip
Oh yes, sorry Ron. I did see you asking about that somewhere in the last thread...

We enjoyed it - a lot.

This trip was a basically no parks trip, though we did go to Typhoon Lagoon. It was something that my DW and I have done previously - but never the kids. So it was more or less a test to see how THEY would do not going to the theme parks. They had a great time. Sure my DD missed the MK, and some of the other park attractions that she likes - but all in all it turned out very nicely. At dinner just last night, my eldest said we didn't even have enough time to do some of the things that we would have liked to do - and we probably should have skipped the water park.

We had investigated a number of off-site activities, events and destinations to explore and enjoy (thanks for the many suggestions to many of you) - but honestly - every single one of those suggestions will have to wait for a future no parks trip. We did not leave WDW property until it was time to drive home.

We enjoyed the Community Hall at the resort quite a bit. Played some mean air hockey with my sons and my wife. Shot a bunch of pool. Did some pin trading - even made our own buttons. We enjoyed the pool. We rented a Surrey Bike and rode it all over that place. We did Downtown Disney. We ate at two table service restaurants - Whispering Canyon Cafe and BOMA. We ate at Earl of Sandwich. We enjoyed sundaes at Ghirardelli (in lieu of dinner on our last night). We made some terrific meals in the room, and enjoyed a few on the balcony. We watched movies we brought from home, borrowed from the Community Hall and had in our Owner's Locker. We enjoyed the campfire and made s'mores. We rode the boats, buses and the monorails with no destination in mind. We checked out a couple of the resort lobbies, and got a Dole Whip from the self-serve machine at the Polynesian. We pool hopped over to the Wilderness Lodge. We slept in, we stayed up late. We laughed, we had a lot of fun. DD and I played hide and seek in the room (those 2 BR villas at OKW are ginormous!). We baked cookies, we had birthday cake for my DD who turned 7 while we were there. We shopped, and colored in the "family coloring pad" that we keep in the Owner's Locker - with drawings that my kids have made on numerous trips over the years (kind of a different scrapbook momento). We made sure to take our typical photo of the kids over at the "Happy Holidays" statues at DTD. We went to Winter Summerland and played some minature golf, and enjoyed some of the entertainment on the Boardwalk. We played tennis, and swam with the sharks at TL. We took a whole bunch of pictures (as always), and bought a bunch of stuff. And the trip was entirely too short (as they always are).

Old 04-19-2011, 11:28 PM   #119
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
I could just start posting pictures. That's always fun.
Speaking of . . . how about contributing a picture to disdads.com for tomorrow's Wordless Wednesday post?
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!

Old 04-19-2011, 11:29 PM   #120
stopher1

Here's another one I like

Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, dis, laws, man

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: