Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2011, 02:46 PM   #76
amazingact21
Upendi

The Aladdin themed food sounds delicious!!! That stinks about your A/C, but at least you had some cold ice cream to cool you down!

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:04 PM   #77
Lullabee
Earning My Ears

Thanks for doing the chapter links. Its a huge help to those joining the party late (didn't realize your link was for a NEW trip). Have you considered Kona for Wednesday? Its one of my favorites for breakfast.
Lullabee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2011, 07:06 PM   #78
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

Joining in! Your Aladdin nights sounds great - I think I am going to do this as part of our countdown to help make the 6+ months go by faster!
Old 05-05-2011, 07:06 PM   #79
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Love the Aladdin theme night, one of my favorite Disney movies! I wish I could get Brandon to participate in theme nights, but I'll be lucky if I can get him to watch a Disney movie once a week.

I can't believe it's hot enough for AC already where you live, I'm sorry it's broken! It's still kinda cold here in CT, we'll get one nice, warm day, and then 3 days of cold and rain, I'm SO sick of it!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:11 AM   #80
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Woohoo! Free trip to Disney!
I forgot to include the fine print!

*All expenses paid for by translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
The Aladdin themed food sounds delicious!!! That stinks about your A/C, but at least you had some cold ice cream to cool you down!
It was great!! Plus it had us cooking at home which I need to get in the habit of The A/C should be fixed today, fingers crossed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lullabee View Post
Thanks for doing the chapter links. Its a huge help to those joining the party late (didn't realize your link was for a NEW trip). Have you considered Kona for Wednesday? Its one of my favorites for breakfast.
Better late than never glad to have you reading along...I love having the chapter links in reports that I read, thankfully Nermel9 taught me how to add them!!

We were thinking about Kona first, but if we did that than we would be missing rope drop at MK, so we decided against it, one of these days I am going to try Kona though I hear great things about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess View Post
Joining in! Your Aladdin nights sounds great - I think I am going to do this as part of our countdown to help make the 6+ months go by faster!
Glad to have you joining in

It was really fun to do and we are already planning the next one...it really keeps you in the Disney spirit while waiting for your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Love the Aladdin theme night, one of my favorite Disney movies! I wish I could get Brandon to participate in theme nights, but I'll be lucky if I can get him to watch a Disney movie once a week.

I can't believe it's hot enough for AC already where you live, I'm sorry it's broken! It's still kinda cold here in CT, we'll get one nice, warm day, and then 3 days of cold and rain, I'm SO sick of it!
I wasn't sure how excited Tim would be to do it, but he ended up being really excited about it and enjoyed it! I think it will be even better when we do movies we haven't seen before....you could just surprise Brandon with it - he cant say no then

Well its cooled down now to the low 60s but it got pretty hot earlier this week...I grew up in MA so I'm still getting used to it getting warmer here sooner
Shannon84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:51 PM   #81
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

True to my word, I just got all caught up on your PTR! And I can't believe I didn't start it earlier!

First- I am so happy for you and Tim. I love that you met on the DIS!

My DH and I met online (but we aren't as cool as you guys and just used a regular old dating site) and moved in together after about 6 months. When you know, you know. You know?

I am jealous of everyone who is going to WDW in October. I have never been then and it is something I want to do very, very much. So I will live vicariously through you, and the other wonderful DISers who have trips planned for that time.

Can't wait for more!
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #82
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
True to my word, I just got all caught up on your PTR! And I can't believe I didn't start it earlier!

First- I am so happy for you and Tim. I love that you met on the DIS!

My DH and I met online (but we aren't as cool as you guys and just used a regular old dating site) and moved in together after about 6 months. When you know, you know. You know?

I am jealous of everyone who is going to WDW in October. I have never been then and it is something I want to do very, very much. So I will live vicariously through you, and the other wonderful DISers who have trips planned for that time.

Can't wait for more!

We are so glad to have you reading along with our PTR!

Well I am glad to see other online dating stories that worked out well with the quick timing

I am so excited to go in October and attend my first MNSSHP too! We were torn between Halloween or Christmas time...so maybe next time I will let Tim win and we will go during the Christmas decorations
Old 05-13-2011, 01:04 PM   #83
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

We had so much fun during our first theme night, we decided to make it a regular occurrence as we count down to our October trip!
I let Tim pick the movie again and he chose one of the many we borrowed from his parents. And this was the winner…

I had seen the beginning of this movie about 10 different times and always fell asleep about 15 minutes in, so I didn’t have high expectations for it. I don’t think Tim did either. Surprisingly we both really enjoyed it and I shed a few tears at the end…ok I shed tears at Disney commercials, but still!

For dinner we made Hot dogs and lightning BOLT French fries (crinkle fries) …for dessert we had Dr. Calico's Cookies n Cream gelato with Angel Food cake (ok I am really stretching it with the names here )

Tim's mom also bought us fresh guacomole from the store and chips the other day when she was out shopping...when Tim brought it home he told me she said we could fit it into theme night...I was dying to hear her explain how (both of our parents have great senses of humor and are rarely serious) She told us "Bolt poop" I couldn't stop laughing...too bad the guacomole wasn't very good and not just because she named it that

We didn’t decorate this time or take any pictures of the food…but I did snap a picture of our guest watching the movie with us

This is how our cat Allister looked the other day when the A/c was broken and it was almost 90 degrees outside

Thank goodness the A/C is fixed now!!

Also I have to show you all what I found at Ross the other day (Ross is a store like Tj Maxx or Marshalls) I was out shopping for a dress to wear to a wedding we are going to this weekend and stumbled across the Disney related item of course...

Couldn’t resist buying that!!

I received an offer in the mail to get a Disney Visa the other day and I am still weighing my options…just not sure I need a new credit card right now when I am paying off debt from school, etc. but it’s a Disney Visa

Well enough of my random update for now!
Old 05-13-2011, 01:41 PM   #84
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I just read your whole PTR and thought I'd say hello!

Because I am from Canada and speak French, I have not had the pronunciation problem with le Cellier, but I love the suggestion of asking for "a table in Canada, eh?" I say eh ALL the time lol

Anyway, your report is really charming, and it is nice to see 2 Disney loving people come together.

Looking forward to more!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:50 PM   #85
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, Shannon. Love the theme this week! And poor Allister with no air...glad Allister can now be comfortable.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:21 PM   #86
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
I just read your whole PTR and thought I'd say hello!

Because I am from Canada and speak French, I have not had the pronunciation problem with le Cellier, but I love the suggestion of asking for "a table in Canada, eh?" I say eh ALL the time lol

Anyway, your report is really charming, and it is nice to see 2 Disney loving people come together.

Looking forward to more!
Welcome!! Glad to have you reading along!!

Maybe I need to practice using "eh" now so I have it ready for the trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Shannon. Love the theme this week! And poor Allister with no air...glad Allister can now be comfortable.

He is my little baby, so I felt bad when he couldn't handle the heat...but he is happy now...even though his water bowl is always full I caught him drinking out of my glass of water in the bedroom the other day

Old 05-13-2011, 05:22 PM   #87
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Yay, your latest theme night sounds like fun! I haven't seen Bolt yet, but it looks so cute!

Aww, your poor kitty, he looks so hot! Glad the AC got fixed! Love the picture of him drinking out of the cup, one of my cats does that too! Doesn't matter if I just filled up the water bowl, she wants water our of the faucet or out of a cup I'm drinking from!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:41 PM   #88
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Love your cat! I miss having a cat, the kids and I love them but my DH not so much. Last spring we found 3 kittens in our shed when DH went to use the mower for the first time of the season. They were so cute but DH wouldn't even consider it He's just a dog person.

Anyway love the Bolt night, it is one of my DS's favorites so we'll be doing it this summer probably. Going to steal your lightening Bolt fries and hot dog ideas

Can I really keep my mouth shut for the next 6 months?
Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June 2011 TR

Becc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:20 AM   #90
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Love the Bolt theme night though laughed out loud at Tim's mums comment on "Bolt Poop!" Hilarious!!

Your cat looks cute. Am glad the A/C is fixed and yay on purchasing those lip balms!
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: