Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2011, 11:06 PM   #31
Dsnygrl1205
DIS Veteran

Hi I followed along your last TR and really enjoyed it! It's so cool that you met someone great on the boards! It must be so great to have a significant other that loves Disney as much as you do. My DF likes it enough but doesn't quite get my obsession.

Dsnygrl1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:39 AM   #32
20thingamabobs
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Your plans look great so far! I also have to admit that I too used to mispronounce Le Cellier as well until the lady at Disney Reservations very politely corrected me .We ate there for the first time last month and LOVED it! I was able to get a 4:00pm reservation when someone cancelled it so I'll be eating there in exactly 11 days and cannot wait! The rest of you reservations look great too! My favorites are Kona Cafe and the 'Ohana breakfast, have you ever tried those? Can't wait to hear more!
Past Trips:Summer '87: Don't know the details - I was one..., Summer '90: CBR, Summer '95: Dixie Landings, Summer '00: Dixie Landings, Summer '03: AKL, August '05: Offsite, March '07: POR, March '08: POFQ, May '08: SSR, October '08: ASSp, March '09: POFQ, April '10: Poly, June '10: ASMo, November/December '10: CSR, January '11: BLT, March '11: Offsite/Disney Dream/Boardwalk, May '11: AKL-Kidani, DL Sept '12: Offsite, Sept/Oct '11: ASMu, Dec '11: Offsite, WDW Jan '12: Caribbean Beach , DL Jan '12: Offsite, Feb '12: Beach Club , May '12: AKL, June '12: 1 Day Disneymoon, Sept '12: offsite, Oct '12: Pop, Dec '12: Offsite, DL Jan '13: GC, Feb '13: PO-R
Upcoming Trips:WDW July '13, DL Sept '13: GC

20thingamabobs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2011, 09:43 AM   #33
jenneth79
DIS Veteran

Great ADRs! I studied French for years, and while La Cellier I pronounce properly, my DH makes fun of the fact that I say "Bistro de Paris" as opposed to "Bisto de Paree".
jenneth79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:23 AM   #34
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Your ADRs look great!
50's Primetime is a favorite of ours. Fingers crossed that you get an awesome server.

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:55 PM   #35
Dsnygrl1205
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20thingamabobs View Post
I'm here! Your plans look great so far! I also have to admit that I too used to mispronounce Le Cellier as well until the lady at Disney Reservations very politely corrected me .We ate there for the first time last month and LOVED it! I was able to get a 4:00pm reservation when someone canceled it so I'll be eating there in exactly 11 days and cannot wait! The rest of you reservations look great too! My favorites are Kona Cafe and the 'Ohana breakfast, have you ever tried those? Can't wait to hear more!
Hey girl! I can't believe your trip is so soon!!!

Dsnygrl1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:02 PM   #36
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Shannon, sounds like some great places.

We love LeCellier, although this is the second year we aren't going.

We'e not done 50's Prime Time in ages (let me know what you think as I'd like to get it back on the list).

We've not done any of your others. We've skipped signature restaurants and Chef's menu just hasn't appealed to us. One of these days I want to get to Ohanas.
Any dish you guys particularly like at Le Cellier??

'Ohana is a lot of fun, though it can get loud in there on some nights, but I like the family atmosphere. I will let you know how 50's Prime Time goes...its always hit or miss for me

Jiko was Tim's top pick and Le Cellier was mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
You have some great ADR's there girl Our must do is Le Cellier if we can get it!! We also never miss going to WPC at DTD....I do love the Macadamia Nut Crusted Chicken and carrot cake
I am so excited to try new restaurants this time around! That chicken and carrot cake at WPC sounds yummy!! I should not be writing about food when hungry at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnygrl1205 View Post
Hi I followed along your last TR and really enjoyed it! It's so cool that you met someone great on the boards! It must be so great to have a significant other that loves Disney as much as you do. My DF likes it enough but doesn't quite get my obsession.
Glad to have you following along again!! It is great, he gets the little details thats I love about Disney and doesn't think its too weird when I say certain smells remind me of Disney He also was equally excited to watch the vacation planning dvd with me which I love!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20thingamabobs View Post
I'm here! Your plans look great so far! I also have to admit that I too used to mispronounce Le Cellier as well until the lady at Disney Reservations very politely corrected me .We ate there for the first time last month and LOVED it! I was able to get a 4:00pm reservation when someone cancelled it so I'll be eating there in exactly 11 days and cannot wait! The rest of you reservations look great too! My favorites are Kona Cafe and the 'Ohana breakfast, have you ever tried those? Can't wait to hear more!
YAY glad you came over to my PTR I am so excited to hear about your trip coming up...and all the future trips planned!!

I am so glad I wasn't the only one walking around pronouncing it incorrectly...at least most people I talked to about it had never been to Disney, so they wouldn't know anyway

Are there certain things on the menu you guys liked the best at Le Cellier?

I haven't tried either of those...we were hoping to do Kona for breakfast, but it opens later than we hoped (we want to see rope drop at MK that day) so we are going to be eating Tonga Toast from Captain Cooks (Tim has had it, I haven't tried it)

The good thing about this trip is I can eat/drink what I want since I don't have a race this time around...but the bad part is I still have to run some, because I'll be in the middle of training for the Richmond half marathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenneth79 View Post
Great ADRs! I studied French for years, and while La Cellier I pronounce properly, my DH makes fun of the fact that I say "Bistro de Paris" as opposed to "Bisto de Paree".
Your DH would probably cringe if he heard the way I say both of those restaurant names. Tim was very polite on our first date and didn't make fun of me when I said Le Cellier incorrectly...but he loves to laugh at me about it now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Your ADRs look great!
50's Primetime is a favorite of ours. Fingers crossed that you get an awesome server.
Thanks!! I am so excited we got everything we wanted! I always have a good meal at 50's, but its hit or miss on the service ...I love when they really interact with you and have fun
Shannon84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:02 PM   #37
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Yay on getting Walt Disney specials! We don't get such programmes in the UK - have to get my fill on you tube or other internet sites!

Love all the ADRs!! Lol at La-Cell-ar!!
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:07 PM   #38
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Yay on getting Walt Disney specials! We don't get such programmes in the UK - have to get my fill on you tube or other internet sites!

Love all the ADRs!! Lol at La-Cell-ar!!

Bummer!!! I am glad you can still see them online though I love when they come on randomly, its a nice treat, though its usually the same ones over and over again (but I still watch )

Even though Tim taught me how to pronounce it correctly, I have been saying it wrong for so many years that I can't help but still say it the wrong way
Old 04-25-2011, 02:01 PM   #39
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
Thanks!! I am so excited we got everything we wanted! I always have a good meal at 50's, but its hit or miss on the service ...I love when they really interact with you and have fun
I agree! The food is good, but your experience is really based on the server. We have been pretty fortunate and have had animated servers .

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:24 PM   #40
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

I'm here. It sounds like a fun trip. Ohana and Le Cellier are two of our favorite dinner spots.
PirateKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:14 PM   #41
nicole3202
Earning My Ears

great pre trip plan!

Hi! I'm also going to DW in October, the 7-14th. I'm pretty new to dis, but man do I love it here. I loved reading your ptr.

I tried to write a pre-trip plan, but after reading a few I realize I did a pretty poor job. Oh well, That's why they have the edit button! Here's mine if you're interested....
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2708175
nicole3202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:19 PM   #42
jenneth79
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I agree! The food is good, but your experience is really based on the server. We have been pretty fortunate and have had animated servers .
I have heard great things, but I'm so scared one of the servers are going to single us out or something. I like to eat quietly, but think the place would be fun if I could just watch then fun going on around us, but not be part of it. I guess I'm a bit of a fuddy duddy!
jenneth79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:11 PM   #43
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Your ADR's look great! Le Cellier is my favorite! (I pronounce it wrong too, but I do it on purpose...I'm not French, so it sounds weird to me when I pronounce it the right way! I usually say it the way it's spelled! )

I love 'Ohana also! And I still need try to squeeze in Chefs somewhere in my itinerary...it's so hard though, there are so many places I want to eat at Epcot AND I still need room for Food and Wine goodies!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:23 AM   #44
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Hey there, I just got all caught up on your report. Love the way you met your DBF, your a lucky girl because I know there are alot of us that need to train our guys into liking Disney Great ADRs, I am now rethinking our Le Cellier plans, I had made them for lunch (because I'm cheap and didn't want to use 2 credits) but my DH said he'd rather do dinner at Tutto de Italia, which I had made a dinner ADR. I've been a horrible Dis'ser and haven't canceled my lunch ADRs yet just in case I could change DH's mind, after reading you report I'm going to push for Le Cellier a little more

Can I really keep my mouth shut for the next 6 months?
Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June 2011 TR

Becc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:54 AM   #45
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My parents still talk about the time we went a couple years ago and how funny our server was. He even fed me my veggies because I tried to hide that I didn't eat them

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKate View Post
I'm here. It sounds like a fun trip. Ohana and Le Cellier are two of our favorite dinner spots.
I cannot wait to go! At least I have TRs like yours where you are visiting soon, so I can live through you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole3202 View Post
Hi! I'm also going to DW in October, the 7-14th. I'm pretty new to dis, but man do I love it here. I loved reading your ptr.

I tried to write a pre-trip plan, but after reading a few I realize I did a pretty poor job. Oh well, That's why they have the edit button! Here's mine if you're interested....
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2708175
Awww you're leaving just a couple days before we get there, I wish I was going at the same time as others on here to meet some fellow DISboard people (I did last year and it was great) Glad to have you reading along!! I will come check out your report today, I LOVE reading PTRs and TRs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenneth79 View Post
I have heard great things, but I'm so scared one of the servers are going to single us out or something. I like to eat quietly, but think the place would be fun if I could just watch then fun going on around us, but not be part of it. I guess I'm a bit of a fuddy duddy!
You're not a fuddy duddy (though that phrase is hilarious sounding ) We are both from loud, animated families, so this is right up our alley in terms of entertainment! But I can understand how that's not for everyone too, but then again you would probably be the ones they pick on the most for being the quiet ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Your ADR's look great! Le Cellier is my favorite! (I pronounce it wrong too, but I do it on purpose...I'm not French, so it sounds weird to me when I pronounce it the right way! I usually say it the way it's spelled! )

I love 'Ohana also! And I still need try to squeeze in Chefs somewhere in my itinerary...it's so hard though, there are so many places I want to eat at Epcot AND I still need room for Food and Wine goodies!
I think I will always pronounce it the wrong way, but thats ok, I am not alone

Trust me it was difficult to narrow down the ADR choices, we really wanted to try all new stuff, but I had to sneak 'Ohana and 50's in there (at least Tim has never been to 'Ohana so that will be new) Plus I have never really taken the time to try different things at Food and Wine festival...I will be waddling by the end of the trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becc1 View Post
Hey there, I just got all caught up on your report. Love the way you met your DBF, your a lucky girl because I know there are alot of us that need to train our guys into liking Disney Great ADRs, I am now rethinking our Le Cellier plans, I had made them for lunch (because I'm cheap and didn't want to use 2 credits) but my DH said he'd rather do dinner at Tutto de Italia, which I had made a dinner ADR. I've been a horrible Dis'ser and haven't canceled my lunch ADRs yet just in case I could change DH's mind, after reading you report I'm going to push for Le Cellier a little more
Glad to have you reading along!! I am very lucky to have met another Disney person, it is great Plus we have a lot of other common interests and similar sense of humor...so it randomly all worked out wonderfully!!

I am so excited to try Le Cellier for the first time, I hope that it as good as all of the hype around it I forgot about Tutto de Italia...I haven't even checked out their menu, I will have to look at that!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: