Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2011, 01:54 PM   #16
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Hi Shannon! Am joining in - loved reading the story about how you and DBF met!

Your title pulled me in and I love the buddy you met at the museum!
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:48 PM   #17
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Yay so happy you figured out the chapter links! The only thing I cannot figure out that drives me nuts, is how to get the chapter link to be the same color as the other font you're using, it's always black, no matter what I try! But it's a small thing, as long as the links work, that's all I care about!

I can't believe I'm missing you by a week! It would have been fun to meet up and hang out at the Food and Wine festival!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2011, 12:26 PM   #18
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Hi Shannon! Am joining in - loved reading the story about how you and DBF met!

Your title pulled me in and I love the buddy you met at the museum!
Thanks!! I am so glad to have you reading along!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Yay so happy you figured out the chapter links! The only thing I cannot figure out that drives me nuts, is how to get the chapter link to be the same color as the other font you're using, it's always black, no matter what I try! But it's a small thing, as long as the links work, that's all I care about!

I can't believe I'm missing you by a week! It would have been fun to meet up and hang out at the Food and Wine festival!
I couldn't figure that out either even though I got my PTR link in my signature to change color, don't know how to do it with the chapter links

I know, it would be great to meet you guys!! I think you need to tell Brandon that you need another week of vacation...then you guys can try AKL that week I don't think I remember reading in any of your reports where you guys are from?
Shannon84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:56 PM   #19
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

So I suppose you are on the edge of your seats wondering where we are staying and what we have planned so far!

We are staying at….drum roll please….

(Photo courtesy of the internet)

Shannon why are you showing us this sign on the backside of POP’s lobby? Because that’s the view I will have while I am drinking a margarita in the Hippity Dippity Pool, that’s why!!

We knew it would be a value resort for us and POP was the only option in our minds…though I have never tried the other values so I have no comparison, I just love POP for some reason!

Here is what we have planned for each day so far….

Sunday October 16th – Arrival day!!!! Fly into Orlando from Richmond…take Magical Express to POP! (still wishing they would give me some wine during this trip…just sayin’ it’s the Food and Wine festival season and all…geez ) and checking in. We are going to walk around Downtown Disney that afternoon, have lunch there, and then getting ourselves ready for MNSSHP that evening!

Monday October 17th – EPCOT - no real game plan, just enjoying the park and making a mad dash for Soarin’ like everyone else! Hopefully catching Illuminations that night

Tuesday October 18th – DHS – Mad dash to TSM, followed by whatever else we feel like doing (I like those kinds of plans sometimes) We decided to skip Fantasmic! on this trip. We have seen it before and while we agree it’s an amazing show…we just don’t want to deal with the crowds that come along with it

Wednesday October 19th – Magic Kingdom – this will be our full day of MK fun…there is so much to see and do here (plus its Tim’s favorite and tied as my favorite with EPCOT and DHS, with AK right behind those ) We also wanted to go on a night with no MNSSHP so that we can see the regular version of Wishes

Thursday October 20th – Our “rest day” … rest on vacation?!? I know it’s absurd!! We may try to go to Typhoon Lagoon for part of the day…otherwise time will be spent lounging in the pool with a drink in my hand, relaxing

Friday October 21st- Our second day at EPCOT – hitting up whatever we missed earlier in the week… taking our time walking around the Food and Wine Festival

Saturday October 22nd – Animal Kingdom – We will probably finish with this park fairly quickly, if so may ride a few favorites over again at other parks

Sunday October 23rd – Departure day Wake up…cry a little…check bags for our flight home…cry a little …visit MK for a few hours of magic before we have to return home…start planning for next trip on flight home (ok maybe not…but a girl can dream)

Up Next: We formulated a plan...let the ADR craziness begin!
Old 04-22-2011, 01:21 PM   #20
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Shannon, I had NO idea you had a PTR going. But I'm here now, off to lunch and then I'll be back to read later this afternoon/tonight and catch up.

Last edited by KatMark; 04-22-2011 at 10:16 PM.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:18 PM   #22
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Shannon, I'm all caught up. Great intro (nice to meet you Tim); your plans sound great. We've never done F&W (I think we miss it by just a few days again this trip).

Looking forward to more, and glad to have you back.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:12 AM   #23
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Great plans! We stayed at Pop twice and quite liked it too!

How great that you're going to MNSSHP...I love that party! Should be a great time!!
I LOVE POP! But one of these days I will stay in a deluxe

I am excited for the party...we were throwing around some possible costume ideas too...but haven't decided if we are dressing up or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Shannon, I'm all caught up. Great intro (nice to meet you Tim); your plans sound great. We've never done F&W (I think we miss it by just a few days again this trip).

Looking forward to more, and glad to have you back.
Thank you!! Glad to have you reading along!

I love the F&W, but it usually starts at the end of my trip or I rush through it...so this time we want to make a point to take our time checking out the different food/drinks
Old 04-24-2011, 09:48 AM   #24
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Yay, am so happy to hear that you love Pop!! We are staying there for our first trip in Sept!

Love the plans, esp being able to experience the Food and Wine festival!
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:40 AM   #25
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Yay, am so happy to hear that you love Pop!! We are staying there for our first trip in Sept!

Love the plans, esp being able to experience the Food and Wine festival!
I have stayed at POP around 5 times and have had a great experience each time, I am sure you guys will love it too
Old 04-24-2011, 11:52 AM   #26
KatMark
DIS Veteran

HappyEaster, Shannon.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:02 PM   #27
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Thank you!! Hope you and Mark had a great Easter weekend!
Old 04-24-2011, 09:12 PM   #28
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Ok what should we eat with our wine?!?

As I am writing this next update, there is a special on Walt Disney playing on CNBC...I am DVR'ing it for Tim and I to watch next weekend

Back to our regularly scheduled program...

I knew I was in love with Tim when he mentioned Le Cellier at dinner on our first date (shhh don’t tell him that, I made him sweat it out in the beginning) Tim probably didn’t know the craziness he was getting himself into on that first date, ok maybe he had a clue, when I pronounced Le Cellier as La-Cell-er. I always knew I was pronouncing it incorrectly, but no one else ever knew because they had no clue about restaurants at Disney World. My poor grandma who moved from Canada to raise her family here in the U.S. is probably cursing me from heaven as I am writing and admitting this

After we plotted out which parks we are visiting on each day, we began to go through which restaurants we wanted to try. We were looking to try restaurants that we haven't visited before, with an old favorite thrown in there

The planning part was easy, the waking up at 5 a.m. was not!! Since we still live 3 hours away at this point (until next week) we called each other and then attempted to make ADRs online We wanted to make sure we got every ADR we wanted, well we did and pretty easily actually! I have visited the last few times during a free dining period so I was a little anxious about ADRs going fast, but it was painless and back to bed we went for a quick nap before work. I am sure Tim is still wondering why I insisted we get up so early, but usually it’s a race for the ADRs you want

Here is what we have planned…

Sunday October 16th – We are walking around Downtown Disney in the afternoon and eating counter service there….then hitting the MNSSHP at night…so most likely eating a counter service meal at MK for dinner

Monday October 17th – EPCOT - Dinner at Le Cellier (say it with me folks LA CELL ERRRRRRRR )

Tuesday October 18th – DHS – Lunch at 50’s primetime and hoping that we get a waiter/waitress that is lots of fun and interacts with us

Wednesday October 19th – We don’t have any ADRs planned this day either, we are spending our day at MK and nothing jumped out to us. We are going to try and have breakfast at the Poly at Captain Cooks

Thursday October 20th – Our rest day…we are eating at 'Ohana for dinner

Friday – October 21st – Lunch at Les Chefs de France (does Remy still come around and if so, does he during lunch?!?)

Saturday October 22nd – Dinner at Jiko

Sunday October 23rd- the day we leave…also the day I am too upset to eat (ok I’m rarely too upset to eat, but it sounded more dramatic that way)

Anyone have favorites that we are missing out on?? I like to hear what places people can’t miss at Disney
Old 04-24-2011, 10:30 PM   #29
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Shannon, sounds like some great places.

We love LeCellier, although this is the second year we aren't going.

We'e not done 50's Prime Time in ages (let me know what you think as I'd like to get it back on the list).

We've not done any of your others. We've skipped signature restaurants and Chef's menu just hasn't appealed to us. One of these days I want to get to Ohanas.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: