Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2011, 03:07 PM   #31
sukhakuli
I guess I'm funny like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandysbuddy View Post
Any word on when Disney will release the details/blackout dates for the military promotion for Oct 2011 - 2012? The website still just says to check back soon. We are debating going back after Thanksgiving to see the Christmas decorations and would love to know if we can use the military discounts for those dates. I am having a hard time being patient!
I just booked our room today (Ft Wilderness Cabins!! Nov 19-Dec 3 ) and the CM told me the details for the military salute are not out yet. She recommended that I book the room only now, and then add the discount later when the details come out. She also said that we can book a package through the military salute, but it does NOT include tickets, so we would have to get the at the base. I was wondering if we would have to spend extra for the tickets to get dining added on, but we won't. That's all the info she had for me. Hope it helps.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:29 PM   #32
bellemeeko1
Shades of Green our home away from home

This is the latest on Shades of Green website: black out dates are listed at the end

Walt Disney World's Armed Forces Salute 2011 /2012

From October 25, 2010 through Sept. 30, 2012 active and retired U.S. military personnel (including National Guard and Reservists) or their spouses can purchase:

Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Park Hopper Option for $138 each
Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Water Parks Fun and More Option for $138 each, AND
Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Park Hopper and Water Parks Fun and More Options for $165 each
Offer Details:

Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased Oct. 24, 2010 to Sept. 30, 2012 at Shades of Green ONLY by Eligible Service Members (defined below) or their spouses (but not both), for themselves and other family members and friends, as provided herein. These Tickets may not be otherwise transferred, distributed or resold.
"Eligible Service Members" are active or retired members of the U.S. military, including the National Guard, Reservists and the U.S. Coast Guard.
Shades of Green will require that Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) present valid military identification to purchase Disney Military Promotional Tickets.
Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) who purchase Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Walt Disney World Resort for themselves and their family members and friends will be required to activate those Tickets at Walt Disney World theme park ticket windows, no later than Oct. 1, 2012, in order for those Tickets to be used. Valid military identification will be required.

No more than six (6) Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased and (if applicable) activated by any Eligible Service Member or spouse (regardless of the place of purchase and whether purchased by that person or that person's spouse), and all six (6) must be purchased at the same time. Accordingly, no Eligible Service Member (or spouse) may purchase Disney Military Promotional Tickets at any military sales outlet if that person (or that person's spouse) previously purchased Disney Military Promotional Tickets (whether at that same military sales outlet or at any other military sales outlet or at any other place). In addition, one of the six (6) Tickets purchased must be for use by the Eligible Service Member or his/her spouse.

Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Walt Disney World Resort will not be valid unless and until activated (no later than Oct. 1, 2012).

Each Disney Military Promotional Ticket must be used by the same person on any and all days. Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be used ONLY by the Eligible Service Members, spouses, other family members or friends for whom they are purchased. In addition, a valid military ID may be required for admission.

Disney Military Promotional Tickets (including any options) expire and may not be used after Oct. 1, 2012. In addition, Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets (including any options) for the Walt Disney World Resort may not be used on the following blockout dates: July 4, 2011, December 26 - 31, 2011, April 1 - 12, 2012 and July 4, 2012 at Magic Kingdom Park.

Shades of Green 94,96,98,2000,2004,2006,2007,2008,2008,2009,2010,2 0100,2011,2012

2002CR 2009CBR 2011WL 2013 FW

bellemeeko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2011, 02:32 AM   #33
alby87a
Your Friendly Neighborhood Asian Cast Member :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeJad View Post
Is the military 4 day ticket for $138 good for 14 days from the first use as long as it is used before the special ends?
They are good til Oct 1st. You can use the tix for 4 days non consecutively. So if you only end up going to the parks for 3 days you can come back anytime to use the last day before or on Oct 1st Reminder they are park hoppers for the regular 4 parks (it doesn't include waterparks or disneyquest)

Army Reserve (going on 6 and 1/2 yrs)
alby87a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:42 AM   #34
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Following are errors in Post 32 or apply only to Shades of Green and not Disney ticket windows. It appears that the military have stricter rules for some features and looser rules than Disney for others.

1. The tickets may be activated at any WDW ticket or Guest Relations Office. In addition to the theme park ticket windows, this includes the water parks, TTC, DTD and may be at a Guest Relations window also.

2. At the WDW windows all the tickets do not have to be bought or activated at the same time.

3. The limit of total tickets which may be activated by a service member is six; for a spouse (or unremarried widow) the limit is five.

4. The tickets may not be used after September 30, 2012. The are not valid beginning October 1, 2012.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:28 AM   #35
tammymacb
Under da sea, under da sea, darlin' it's betta down where it's wetta take it from me!

I think I'm in a dead zone.

I'm going to F&W the first week of October. When I'd first heard the news of the extension, I thought that I'd be able to get Military Salute passes. Now it looks like the first promo ends and then new one starts a few weeks later, and I'm in the middle with no passes. Awesome.
tammymacb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:02 AM   #36
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

The following was added yesterday to the official internal ticketing notice about the Armed Forces Salute Tickets:

"Guests may participate in this offer as often as they wish as long as no more than six (6) tickets are sold in each transaction."

So there is no longer any limit, although the number of tickets activated by a service member will still be tracked.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:58 PM   #37
cmhand30
Princess & The Lost Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
The following was added yesterday to the official internal ticketing notice about the Armed Forces Salute Tickets:

"Guests may participate in this offer as often as they wish as long as no more than six (6) tickets are sold in each transaction."

So there is no longer any limit, although the number of tickets activated by a service member will still be tracked.
Love that rule! 4 days after I renewed my annual pass. I could have saved $$$ by just getting 2ea Military 4 day tickets for the next year (only have 2 trips planned). Just don't tell my family, they will all want to come down. We already used the military passes once for family, this past February while we had an annual pass.
2008 - Jan - YC CL, Oct - ASM, Dec - POP
2009 - Feb-POFQ, April-BWV, May-BC CL, June-DCL Magic, July-GF CL, Aug-BLT, Sep-BLT, Oct-POP, Dec SSR
2010 - Apr/May - POP/SSR, May - HHI/GF CL, July -SSR, Aug- WL CL, Oct-OKW, Dec-Poly CL
2011 - Feb -OKWX2, Mar - CSR, May - SOG, Jul-GFCL, AUG - CBR/ASSR, Oct -DCL Magic/BCR, Dec - WLR
2012 - Jan-POP/ASM, May - BLT/VWL, Aug-OKW
2013 - Mar - YC CL/BCV, July - SSR, Aug - DCL Dream - 2014 - Sep - DCL Magic - Southern Caribbean
cmhand30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:39 AM   #38
pokeysmom
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if the military spouse has to go every day that the tickets are used, or just the first day to activate them? FIL is currently in Iraq, MIL will only be staying a few days, some of those at the beach, her work wouldnt allow her to take more vacation days. So we will be going the rest of the days without her, what happens if she isnt there to show military ID every day? will we have a problem. These tickets would save us a ton of money!
pokeysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:23 AM   #39
Mrsjvb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeysmom View Post
Does anyone know if the military spouse has to go every day that the tickets are used, or just the first day to activate them? FIL is currently in Iraq, MIL will only be staying a few days, some of those at the beach, her work wouldnt allow her to take more vacation days. So we will be going the rest of the days without her, what happens if she isnt there to show military ID every day? will we have a problem. These tickets would save us a ton of money!

once they have been activated you are fine. she does not have to be there every time you go through a turnstile.
Mrsjvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:30 PM   #40
DisneyScraps
DIS Veteran

We are just back We got the 4 day pass with the pluses. We have one day left on a ticket and 2 plusses on each ticket. When will those expire? I figured it was 9-30 but since they extended it are the tickets still going to be good? We are going back in October so would love to be able to use them.
DisneyScraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:29 PM   #41
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyScraps View Post
We are just back We got the 4 day pass with the pluses. We have one day left on a ticket and 2 plusses on each ticket. When will those expire? I figured it was 9-30 but since they extended it are the tickets still going to be good? We are going back in October so would love to be able to use them.
You will be fine, they don't expire until Oct 2012.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:21 PM   #42
Mrsjvb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyScraps View Post
I got a separate ticket with mine that listed all the blackout dates and clearly stated that they were good until October 2012
Mrsjvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:26 AM   #43
Cinderella_68
Mouseketeer

So excited! This just reduced the cost of our trip for next year by a ton! We decided to stay at SoG, too, to save more and stay longer. I have a Critical Care Nurse's conference next May, we are so going to need a good, long family vacation after this deployment!! It has been the hardest in 16 years!
Cinderella_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:14 AM   #44
famouschinesec
Mouseketeer

Clarify please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post

Cheshire; If I bought and used 5 tickets in June 2011, am I eligible to buy buy 4 more tickets and use them in late October? And if so, do I need to wait until the current promotion ends ( Oct 1st) and then purchase, or can I purchase them at any time?
Thanks.
famouschinesec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:50 PM   #45
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by famouschinesec View Post
Cheshire; If I bought and used 5 tickets in June 2011, am I eligible to buy buy 4 more tickets and use them in late October? And if so, do I need to wait until the current promotion ends ( Oct 1st) and then purchase, or can I purchase them at any time?
Thanks.
You can buy 7 more until Oct 2012. I got a update on Facebook about this from SoG. Below is what SoG actually posted on Facebook

We have just received the following update from our friends at Disney. We have been assured this is the final change to the program...

"In order to further clear up any confusion related to frequency of purchase/activation/utilization of “Salute” tickets now that we have extended the validation date until September 30, 2012, I’ve attached a tangible example...

EXAMPLE: If a qualified military Guest used two tickets last Fall (anytime after the October 3, 2010 “Salute” start date), that same Guest would be eligible for another ten tickets (for twelve total tickets) over the life of the promotion (which now ends in September 30, 2012). We will continue to keep track of utilization at our ticket windows. We will have a limit of activation of six tickets maximum per day. Once a Guest has reached their allotment of twelve tickets, they will not be able to purchase/activate/utilize any further “Salute” tickets.

Qualified military Guests are eligible for twelve total “Salute” tickets throughout the life of the promotion (October 3, 2010-September 30, 2012). They may never purchase/activate/utilize more than six per day."

Last edited by PrincessSuzanne; 07-05-2011 at 03:02 PM.
PrincessSuzanne is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: