Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2011, 10:42 PM   #121
mickey2minnie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dededisney View Post
Here is the link for the tye dye shirts...it is very well written, so hopefully you will have good luck with it...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2028914

(hopefully I did the link right and you can click on it, if not it is under the community forum and then arts & crafts)
I would much rather order, lol. Let me know when I can pre order. I do not want to end up on a waiting list.

PM me if you decide to share your talent. I would end up the dyeing everything but the shirt.
June 2010 3 nights at the Poly w/ DH
Oct/Nov 2009 8 nights at the Poly GVCL
Oct/Nov 2007 9 nights at the Poly

Me DH DS 16 DS 13 DD 11 Sebastian 5
mickey2minnie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:57 AM   #122
Figment_Fan
DIS Veteran

Dededisney, the link worked

Thank you for the pointer. Still here.

Yes, the future holds many more trips. Hoping for Europe in early summer of 2013. -- Disney cruise of course.

My DS is now 17, so I understand about the lower intellegence thing. My IQ has been going down about 30 points a year since he was 12. I'm in negative numbers now. I'm surprised I have any more ability than an amoeba.

I keep hearing that in another few years my IQ will return. By then I'll be a mumbling idiot trying not to drool on the front of my shirt. Okay, I admit, I have very few shirts that don't have some food, oil, gas, paint, or blood stain on them (why is it I can't work on the lawn without bleeding???) However, no drool stains! Thus my interest in tye dye. I can use the colors of my favorite foods. Nobody will notice. Luckily, martini's have no color.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2011, 09:28 AM   #123
QuiltTeddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment_Fan View Post
.Anyway, I too would like to know how you overcame my lurking subscription??????
What insane powers do you have over the boards to delete lurkers?
You weren't the only one....seems he somehow got the notifications to avoid both of us! As a side note, until the post just before mine, I didn't get a notification that there had been other posts.....again.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyZell View Post
You know I can't let you in on your question about shirts. come on! DW posted the link to make these shirts....you should do that.
Geezeeeeee, you went and got me into the magnets by making those for me....

Quote:
Anyway, welcome back aboard, I'll try to get a new episode up this weekend!

DZ
So I guess the no installment for the weekend meant that you were so highly concerned for all of us on the east coast and were glued to the weather channel prayinig for our safety, you didn't have time for your TR?

Seriously, though, thankfully it wasn't much worse and perhaps in the foreseeable future my town will have power back and the roads will be passable again.

WDW Honeymoon - 1981
WDW - 1999 & Joined DVC
BWV - December, 2000 & December, 2005
WDW/Magic - Eastern - 2002
WDW/Magic - Western - 2003
25th Anniv. Cruise to Alaska on HAL- 2006
30th Anniv. Cruise to MR- Wonder - 04-03-11
Dream Cruise 03-22-12
Magic Southern Carribean 09-20-14
QuiltTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:09 PM   #124
DisneyZell
Likes Adventures on the High Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment_Fan View Post
Thank you for the pointer. Still here.

Yes, the future holds many more trips. Hoping for Europe in early summer of 2013. -- Disney cruise of course.

My DS is now 17, so I understand about the lower intellegence thing. My IQ has been going down about 30 points a year since he was 12. I'm in negative numbers now. I'm surprised I have any more ability than an amoeba.

I keep hearing that in another few years my IQ will return. By then I'll be a mumbling idiot trying not to drool on the front of my shirt. Okay, I admit, I have very few shirts that don't have some food, oil, gas, paint, or blood stain on them (why is it I can't work on the lawn without bleeding???) However, no drool stains! Thus my interest in tye dye. I can use the colors of my favorite foods. Nobody will notice. Luckily, martini's have no color.
ha! If I had a dime for every time my 12 year old looked at me like I was a complete and total moron I'd be rich. I have to get better at not getting completely ticked off about it as well. I don't take it well, and need to realize that it will only get worse as he gets older! *sigh* teenagers...or almost teenagers at this point.

As far as injuries go....I'm the same way, just ask DW. I get hurt thinking about doing a project. Not sure why or how, but it's tradition that I must walk away with a ding or scrape of some kind. Generally it's not life threatening (well, ok, last December I did go and get 12 staples and a stitch in my head). I'm hoping my general lack of coordination does not pass along to my kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiltTeddy View Post
You weren't the only one....seems he somehow got the notifications to avoid both of us! As a side note, until the post just before mine, I didn't get a notification that there had been other posts.....again.....

Geezeeeeee, you went and got me into the magnets by making those for me....

So I guess the no installment for the weekend meant that you were so highly concerned for all of us on the east coast and were glued to the weather channel prayinig for our safety, you didn't have time for your TR?

Seriously, though, thankfully it wasn't much worse and perhaps in the foreseeable future my town will have power back and the roads will be passable again.
Yeah...I didn't quite get around to doing another entry. But in my defense we were not home that much this weekend, so I didn't have time. OK, OK, I *did* squeeze in some call of duty. I suppose my call of duty should have been to the computer and my TR...especially since I'm not at home this week I'm travelling. Perhaps I can get DW to scan her journal and e-mail it to me, and upload the next set of pictures....if we all ask nicely I'm sure she will do that.

Thanks for the comments...are you receiving notifications now? I'm being serious. Seriously. I am!

DZ
DisneyZell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:56 PM   #125
dededisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Perhaps I can get DW to scan her journal and e-mail it to me, and upload the next set of pictures....if we all ask nicely I'm sure she will do that.

DZ
Do you know who you are talking to? Probably one of the least computer literate person of all time...I never have to know how to do anything on the computer b/c you are around! You'll be banging your head on the computer trying to tell me how to scan the journal in.
dededisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:56 AM   #126
DisneyZell

Quote:
Originally Posted by dededisney View Post
Do you know who you are talking to? Probably one of the least computer literate person of all time...I never have to know how to do anything on the computer b/c you are around! You'll be banging your head on the computer trying to tell me how to scan the journal in.
This is probably the case. And just as well, I'm home now and typing away!
Old 09-02-2011, 12:09 PM   #127
QuiltTeddy
DIS Veteran

WDW Honeymoon - 1981
WDW - 1999 & Joined DVC
Dream Cruise 03-22-12
Old 09-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #128
DisneyZell

Chapter 4: Day 3, Magic Kingdom

So today was the Magic Kingdom. A lot of people really like this park...it's not in my top 3 to be honest. The main reason? It's always crowded. And for some reason it's always hot and crowded when I go. Yeah, I'm a whiner! One note right up front...do not...I repeat do NOT get cups of water in the Magic Kingdom. Yuck, yuck, yuck! You know how water sometimes tastes like the pipes it come out of? That's what you taste here. I'm not sure why it's different than the other parks except that it's older...so maybe that's it. But if you do cups of water be sure to bring the packets of flavoring...your gonna need 'em!

After being out late at Epcot we did something on this day that we rarely do at Disney...we decided to sleep in as long as needed. Our original intention was to then close down the park which I think was supposed to be open until 1am. That didn't happen. I'm pretty sure DW and I are getting really old. Sad!

DW slept in and managed to stay in bed until 7:30. Believe it or not, that is really sleeping in for her. I, however, managed to sleep until 9am, which is early for me. Ha! really, I like to sleep. I would sleep until noon. Frankly that only thing that gets me out of bed is I feel guilty for continuing to sleep!

Nick made it to 9:15, and Connor, a boy after my own heart, slept until 9:45. Nice! So now we had to power down breakfast and head to the Magic Kingdom. At this point we knew we were screwed...but if you go in knowing that's the case I think it ends up being better!

Here we are....where it all started in Florida.

Had to hop on the tram to the transportation center.

If you don't already know it, when you visit the Magic Kingdom you can't just walk to it. You have two options, take the Monorail, or take the boat. I highly recommend doing both at some point, they both have cool stuff to offer. The Monorail is just a cool train...you don't get much better than that. But the boat is cool too, you feel like you are on an old fashioned boat leisurely making your way over.

The Monorail was jammed with people so we figured we would try the boat. It was full too, but not as bad...so we figured this was a genius move on our part. We didn't fit on the first boat....but we did on the second and we were on our way.

This is not our boat. But it looks just like it!

It was crowded!

We went up to the front for two reasons. One is that you get to feel the wind as you cross the lake...but the other is that it docks on the opposite side from where you got on...so you can get off quicker. Well, as quickly as they will let you in. In this case we made it across the lake, but for some reason the boat on the other side had not left. So we sat and waited...and waited...oh wait, there goes the monorail. We waited...and waited...oh wait, there goes the monorail again. We waited and waited...oh wait, there is the Monorail again again. Yeah, clearly the boat was not the best choice.

About 20 minutes later we finally were able to dock and make our way into the park.

This picture was actually taken as we were leaving the park. Huh...if I had not just told you that you wouldn't know that anyway. DOH!

Goal #1 was Fast Passes for Space Mountain so we headed that way and bumped into our first piece of pixie dust for the day...a family headed the other way handed us 3 FP's for Space Mountain. How cool! As I've said before I think that's so cool. We still got another set for Space Mountain...we now had two. Very nice! Neither of the FP's (fast passes for those of you not following along!) was due yet...so we headed over to the Buzz Lightyear ride to do standby since it was only a 15 minute ride.

DW and Connor. DW claims that she won the battle...I, of course, do not believe her as we all know that I win all battles. So I'm not sure what she was thinking when she wrote it down in her journal!

I love Buzz Lightyear. To me it is one of the most thought out rides in the park. I do wish they had copied Disneyland in California completely...At Disneyland you actually hold the blaster in your hand and can move it easier. But either way it's a great story and a lot of fun for all ages. Apparently including 40 year old’s. Yikes, that still scares me.

One of two dream scenarios for me on this day. Don't worry, it will make sense the next time I bring this up.

Next we figured we would go get FP's for Splash Mountain so we headed that way.

on the way we found some mist. These are beautiful stations on a hot day! We are in there...just look for the blue shirts of the day!

We grabbed our FP's for Splash Mountain and it was time for lunch. Finding a shaded spot for lunch is really difficult at MK. So we tried to do what we did at Epcot and sneak into a restaurant...but they have restaurant Nazis keeping you from going into the restaurant if you didn't buy food. I'm pretty sure our 4 free waters did not qualify Eventually we made our way outside to the patio and did find a bit of shade. We thought the lunch Nazis would come and get us out there to but they didn't. As no one else wanted to eat outside I think they figured it was ok! This was, of course, where we drank the dreaded water. Yuck! My mouth puckers just thinking about it now. PHLEH!

The boys at lunch with their toxic cups of water. Yes this made a big impact on me!
Old 09-02-2011, 01:24 PM   #129
DisneyZell

After lunch we wandered back over to ride on Space Mountain. On the way we were looking for photopass photographers...and we found this.

Dream scenerio #2 for me. If you don't know what I'm talking about I just can't help you!

The riverboat scene

This is the crud I have to put up with. Really, like they can't believe I'm strong.

And again. My psychy has now taken a beating.

apparently Tinkerbell followed us over to MK

It was time for Space Mountain! We never went standby, but it looked like they added video games for those who had to wait standby. I thought that was a nice touch. Disney definitely likes to keep people entertained. However, don't go standby unless you have to...again it's just a waste of time! We got to walk right up..and waited only a few minutes and jumped on.

OH, you know how every now and again you see a picture and realize you shouldn't put it on the internet or, oh I don't know, in a trip report? Yeah...I don't have those feelings.

Perhaps not the best picture of DW.

Space Mountain is a great ride...but a bit uncomfortable for those of us who are tall. They definately did not make it with me in mind!

Once again I can't believe anyone would take a picture of the photo that Disney wants you to buy. This one isn't good. Apparently my photog abilities have gone downhill on this trip!

After Space Mountain we went to the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. If you have never done this you must! I love this. The best part is that each show is different because they pick on different people, people text in jokes that they use in the show, etc. I'm not sure how they do it, but they can clearly see the audience and interact with them. In each show they always pick on one or two people...one of them is "That guy". Guess who was "That guy"???

Yup me. I got picked out through the whole show...remember that this was after my psychy took a hit when my family made fun of my muscles! But it is really funny, and you should hit the Laugh Floor!!!

After that it was time for more pictures...

The boys looking cool

Good family pic

And another one

Obviously I brought my balloons with me to sell at MK as well. It's expensive here you know!

We headed over to Splash Mountain to use our fast passes...and then...well...it was time to go. Yup. We are wimps. It was hot...crowded...we were all tired so we decided to leave.

Took the Monorail out!
We went to Giorganos to have some Chicago Style pizza (yum! my favorite!)

We then decided to go check out Disney Quest. I had been seeing this building in Downtown Disney for years. I saw several reviews online that said that it is dated and needs to be upgraded. But we had time to kill and two "fun day" passes (I think that's what they were called, DW will weigh in), so we headed in. We had a great time.

First we went on Buzz Lightyear astroblaster which is sort of a bumper cars game, but you also have two people in the car, it's enclosed, and you actually shoot rubber balls at the other teams. the driver has to run over the balls which then get sucked up into the car where they are loaded and then shot. If you hit the team on the stars their car will spin out of control. Needless to say, DW and I enjoyed shooting our kids!

After that we did the Mighty Ducks Pinball Slam which was like a full size stand up pinball machine (the action is up on a screen, but you control your ball by leaning each way. There were bumpers to hit for points, and if you go into the goal you got a lot of points (there is a goalie who was very good). Connor beat everyone. Very nice!

After that we went to Virtual Space Mountain. here you get to design your own roller coaster, and they load you into a machine, strapping you in and you get to "ride" the roller coaster. This was so cool. You went upside down, side to side...it was a great simulator. What DW and I didn't know was that you want to make it as scary as possible, with as many loops as possible. Nothing, I repeat, nothing tame or it's boring in the simulator. The upside down part is the best.

Then we went and did Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride which had a virtual reality headset which was heavy and very uncomfortable. This was pretty fun, though as you had to solve a puzzle along with your team of 4. you could look at them and see them virtually (well, see cartoon characters they were playing). This was neat.

After that we went to the race zone (basically video games). We raced motorcycles (I believe I won not that I'm competitive or anything), Tanks (I think DW won that one, that was cool too because it took a picture of your face and every time you killed someone it showed you who killed you), and finally cars. Yeah, I won the cars too. I rock! We basically closed the place down, and were kicked out at 10pm.

We jumped over to Goofy's Candy Kitchen to get some treats. Here I have to complain. For a long time Goofy's Candy Kitchen had caramel apples that were to die for. I think for around $6 you got a caramel apple and you could ask for a ton of stuff to put on it. We would get all different kinds of chocolate, and 4 different kinds of candy. Now they charge more, I want to say $8, and you only get one kind of chocolate and one kind of candy. It's still good, but I think Disney took away the last thing that was a really good deal, and that was too bad.

We got a caramel apple with milk chocolate and oreos, and we also got a Mickey rice crispy treat with milk chocolate and reeses pieces.

That's it...off for home...to try to rest. Tomorrow is an easy day...we are hitting a water park...but we also had to subject ourselves to the timeshare presentation...ouch!

Thanks for hanging in, let me know if you have any questions!

DZ
Old 09-02-2011, 04:42 PM   #130
QuiltTeddy
DIS Veteran

....................... .................................

WDW Honeymoon - 1981
WDW - 1999 & Joined DVC
Dream Cruise 03-22-12
Old 09-03-2011, 02:06 PM   #131
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Love it so far!!

Kaitlin: Directioner and a Huge Jonas Fan
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, ?/14 DLR: Too Many too count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14
DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #132
DisneyZell

Putting that picture in was not very nice...I would never do something like that to you
Old 09-11-2011, 04:16 PM   #133
3dog2kidmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What better place to go to get your food cheap than Walmart? We found one right down the road on Vineland avenue in Kissime. HOLY COW, what a mistake. This place was an absolute Zoo, and I wouldn't wish our experience on anyone. NOT MAGICAL AT ALL!!! There were 10,543 people packed into this store...all of whom were rude, oblivious to the world and just plain pushy. But we needed to get our food...and we did. By the time we were done we didn't want to stop anywhere for dinner...so we bought a few things to eat in the Villa. This short period of time was the most exhausting of the whole trip. Can you believe that? Anyway, avoid this walmart at all costs. I surely won't ever return there! Sheesh!
We were on your cruise

What is up with that Walmart?! DH and DD went there the night after the cruise to get some groceries for our villa (we spent 5 days at WDW afterwards), and I think there were 15,143 people there that night. It took what felt like hours.
3dog2kidmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:10 AM   #134
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

Please come back... I want my TR!!

Old 09-12-2011, 10:34 AM   #135
DisneyZell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DedeDisney View Post
Putting that picture in was not very nice...I would never do something like that to you
uh, yeah. your...uh...right? um...well...moving on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dog2kidmom View Post
We were on your cruise

What is up with that Walmart?! DH and DD went there the night after the cruise to get some groceries for our villa (we spent 5 days at WDW afterwards), and I think there were 15,143 people there that night. It took what felt like hours.
I know. Few things scare me as much as that Walmart. Makes me shiver just thinking about it. Maybe if enough of us let people know how scary it is they won't go and it will get less scary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkLoverSam View Post
Please come back... I want my TR!!

OK, ok, I'm here.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: