Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #271
Figment_Fan
DIS Veteran
 
Figment_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 542

I have to say: Thank You. Both of you, great trip report.

I really like Blue Collar Radio as well. To bad my free subscription time ran out.

Now, July 25, 2013 - Mediterranean. Think about it. 12 days on the Magic. You could really have a loooong TR. Just sayin'.
__________________
Me, DW, DS (20), DD (14)
Figment_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #272
DisneyZell
Likes Adventures on the High Seas
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Brentwood CA
Posts: 1,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment_Fan View Post
I have to say: Thank You. Both of you, great trip report.

I really like Blue Collar Radio as well. To bad my free subscription time ran out.

Now, July 25, 2013 - Mediterranean. Think about it. 12 days on the Magic. You could really have a loooong TR. Just sayin'.
Thanks for the compliments and your contributions of course.

You have no idea how tempting that is. DW will tell you that I've said for a long time that 7 nights just isn't long enough. At about day 6 I'm just really getting into the relaxation mode. Then I'm getting off the ship. 10 nights is good, 12 is even better. But what I really want to do is the 15 day, either panama canal or to Hawaii. Nice! So who knows when the next trip will be!
DisneyZell is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-03-2012, 05:25 PM   #273
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession
 
CRSNDSNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,740

I really enjoyed your entire trip report! I just found it today....your sense of humor is awesome - especially between you and your wife.

The trip out from NH to CA sounds like some really special bonding time with your son.

THanks for sharing with us!
__________________
DVC Members since 2003: 7 Disney Cruises and Counting: AP holders
CRSNDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #274
DisneyZell
Likes Adventures on the High Seas
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Brentwood CA
Posts: 1,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
I really enjoyed your entire trip report! I just found it today....your sense of humor is awesome - especially between you and your wife.

The trip out from NH to CA sounds like some really special bonding time with your son.

THanks for sharing with us!
you are welcome! and yes it was a very special time!

DZ
DisneyZell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:42 PM   #275
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Japan
Posts: 625

First of all I have now gone back and read all your TRs.

I know you don't have a plan for another DCL vacation soon, but I was wondering...can you pretend that you just went on another trip and write another report. I realize that it would be totally fiction, but hey for my entertainment that is ok.

Also I wanted to ask you a few questions. I was hoping that if I sent you a PM you would answer them. you and I seem to have similiar family values and lifestyles so maybe your answers would help me the best.
__________________
DIS Dad's Club Member


Join THE DIS DAD'S CLUB Here![/QUOTE]
tokyodisneydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:54 PM   #276
Grooovertoo
DIS Dad #572
 
Grooovertoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Posts: 2,019

There must be something wrong with my in-box because I kept getting posts that someone, something was adding to your TR, but no way it was an update our actually the infamous DisneyZell himself. No, couldn't be....can't be!!!

To my surprise, it was! You had returned to finish the TR and I must say to you a job well done!!!

Please let us...ummm loyal fans know when the next trip is planned so we can expect a TR, to follow, not real soon after, but a TR non the less.

By the way, not too far from me in South Denver we got our first S&S. The place has been packed for months at all hours, ridiculous.

Also, did you happen to notice that Brian Burns (Cruise Confidential) released another book? "Ship for Brains". It's his story about being the art auctioneer on board the ships. Looks like another good read. Thanks again for that little insight of a read. It really gives a good perspective of what the life is like below the waterline.

Here's mud in you eye!
__________________
DisDAD Member #572 Dave Darla & Dana (9)
Grooovertoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #277
dededisney
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Northern Calif.
Posts: 244

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyodisneydad View Post
First of all I have now gone back and read all your TRs.

I know you don't have a plan for another DCL vacation soon, but I was wondering...can you pretend that you just went on another trip and write another report. I realize that it would be totally fiction, but hey for my entertainment that is ok.

Also I wanted to ask you a few questions. I was hoping that if I sent you a PM you would answer them. you and I seem to have similiar family values and lifestyles so maybe your answers would help me the best.
DH does have a great imagination, so I'm sure he could come up with a doozy(sp?) of a TR! We are going on a short 3 night Carnival cruise in July for a family reunion, so he can always pretend that it is DCL Maybe he'll even do a comparing TR...the possibilities are endless!
dededisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:19 PM   #278
DisneyZell
Likes Adventures on the High Seas
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Brentwood CA
Posts: 1,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grooovertoo View Post
There must be something wrong with my in-box because I kept getting posts that someone, something was adding to your TR, but no way it was an update our actually the infamous DisneyZell himself. No, couldn't be....can't be!!!

To my surprise, it was! You had returned to finish the TR and I must say to you a job well done!!!

Please let us...ummm loyal fans know when the next trip is planned so we can expect a TR, to follow, not real soon after, but a TR non the less.

By the way, not too far from me in South Denver we got our first S&S. The place has been packed for months at all hours, ridiculous.

Also, did you happen to notice that Brian Burns (Cruise Confidential) released another book? "Ship for Brains". It's his story about being the art auctioneer on board the ships. Looks like another good read. Thanks again for that little insight of a read. It really gives a good perspective of what the life is like below the waterline.

Here's mud in you eye!
yes, it is me. I always try to take my time. Why rush a good thing? Wine is better with age...bathrooms smell better with time. I think both of those things apply quite well to this circumstance.

Thanks for the tip about Brian Burns...he is entertaining I'll have to look for that one.

S&S (I'm embarrassed to say I had to ask DW what that stood for. OOOOOhhhhh, Steak N Shake. Ha! I'm glad there isn't one by me. But then again maybe that wouldn't make a difference. We now live hear In-N-Out which I always craved, but now we don't ever go. So maybe if I was near one I wouldn't want those yummy skinny fries. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Thanks for sticking with me through the TR...however painful it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyodisneydad View Post
First of all I have now gone back and read all your TRs.

I know you don't have a plan for another DCL vacation soon, but I was wondering...can you pretend that you just went on another trip and write another report. I realize that it would be totally fiction, but hey for my entertainment that is ok.

Also I wanted to ask you a few questions. I was hoping that if I sent you a PM you would answer them. you and I seem to have similiar family values and lifestyles so maybe your answers would help me the best.
Why thank you. I'm about 1/2 way through yours...and then got roped into a bunch of work. My goal will be to read it next week. I enjoyed what I saw...you spin a good yarn...of course it seems your family definately helps you with a good story! Do they know you write? It must be odd being in a family of folks who's native language is different. I realize you speak some...but still that must be odd at times. But how cool to be completely immersed in a different culture like you are. I'll be there are a ton of things you miss about being in the states all the time...but if you move back there will be a ton you miss about Tokyo!

On the trip...I have offered, for a price, to write a TR for someone else so it would be like they went. But that turned into a whole thing about me going with them on a cruise...hiding in a trunk...and a really excellent exchange (Hi Quiltteddy! ). But alas I won't make one up! As DW said, we are doing a 3 day...so maybe I"ll do a comparison TR like the one going on now about Royal Carribean. But it will likely be me whining (see...wine!)!

You can definately PM me...then we can exchange e-mails which are much easier to go back and forth with. I'd post it here...but I get enough spam as it is!

Thanks again for your comments...and I can't wait to finish your TR!

DZ
DisneyZell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #279
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Japan
Posts: 625

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyZell View Post
yes, it is me. I always try to take my time. Why rush a good thing? Wine is better with age...bathrooms smell better with time. I think both of those things apply quite well to this circumstance.

Thanks for the tip about Brian Burns...he is entertaining I'll have to look for that one.

S&S (I'm embarrassed to say I had to ask DW what that stood for. OOOOOhhhhh, Steak N Shake. Ha! I'm glad there isn't one by me. But then again maybe that wouldn't make a difference. We now live hear In-N-Out which I always craved, but now we don't ever go. So maybe if I was near one I wouldn't want those yummy skinny fries. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Thanks for sticking with me through the TR...however painful it was.



Why thank you. I'm about 1/2 way through yours...and then got roped into a bunch of work. My goal will be to read it next week. I enjoyed what I saw...you spin a good yarn...of course it seems your family definately helps you with a good story! Do they know you write? It must be odd being in a family of folks who's native language is different. I realize you speak some...but still that must be odd at times. But how cool to be completely immersed in a different culture like you are. I'll be there are a ton of things you miss about being in the states all the time...but if you move back there will be a ton you miss about Tokyo!

On the trip...I have offered, for a price, to write a TR for someone else so it would be like they went. But that turned into a whole thing about me going with them on a cruise...hiding in a trunk...and a really excellent exchange (Hi Quiltteddy! ). But alas I won't make one up! As DW said, we are doing a 3 day...so maybe I"ll do a comparison TR like the one going on now about Royal Carribean. But it will likely be me whining (see...wine!)!

You can definately PM me...then we can exchange e-mails which are much easier to go back and forth with. I'd post it here...but I get enough spam as it is!

Thanks again for your comments...and I can't wait to finish your TR!

DZ
It is great to experience a totally different culture. I can communicate well enough in Japanese, but will never truly speak like a native Japanese person. It does present problems, especially when the wife gets angry and starts yelling in Japanese. I miss alot about the states, mostly just the variety of things. Also Krystal hamburgers. By the way I had to Google In and Out....never heard of it. Hope you don't hold that against me.
I will PM my email to you so that we can keep in touch from time to time.
Thanks again for the TR.
__________________
DIS Dad's Club Member


Join THE DIS DAD'S CLUB Here![/QUOTE]
tokyodisneydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #280
dededisney
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Northern Calif.
Posts: 244

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyodisneydad View Post
It is great to experience a totally different culture. I can communicate well enough in Japanese, but will never truly speak like a native Japanese person. It does present problems, especially when the wife gets angry and starts yelling in Japanese. I miss alot about the states, mostly just the variety of things. Also Krystal hamburgers. By the way I had to Google In and Out....never heard of it. Hope you don't hold that against me.
I will PM my email to you so that we can keep in touch from time to time.
Thanks again for the TR.
Well, since you had never heard of In N Out before, now you have a destination when you make it out to Disneyland in California! But you have to know how to order, so make sure you email us to get the "correct" way
dededisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: