Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2012, 09:51 AM   #1
toontoy
Mouseketeer

Our Wonder Family travel trip January 29 2012

So we joined my brothers family and my parents on a "wonder"-full trip on the Wonder In january. My other brother decided to join us with his wife and then My sister decided to go to Cabo the same week with her Family so we all met up in Cabo for the 2 days which was fun. Well thats a little background on us.

On the ship it was 3 little kids and 8 adults. It was kinda funny when my brothers kids were often thought as being one of our own. The kids just looked and laughed.

The kids club was great, so much so that the 4 yr old boy never wanted to leave, except to eat. In the dining rooms they wanted to eat fast and then go play. We did first dining as with my parents they need to eat late and dinner was at the same time as we are at home. Mst time. You would think we would be used to the time on the ship and we laughed when we said we were getting used to it, our excuse for sleeping in.

The wonder is in great shape. This was only our 2nd trip on her but the last was when she was brand new back in 1999. This was with my parents as their first cruise and they took the 3 boys with them when we were in High School. I guess that shows our age but it was nice to have that nestalgic memory of the ship and it lived up to our expectations and our wives and the little kids,

The ship may be a bit older in spots but she is very classic and well maintained. We did have a sewage smell in our cabin on the 1st sea day and within a half hour when we were going out, Maintenance came and took care of it and it was the last we smelled it. That was great and quick.

Our room steward made us feel great and took extra care of us and made us muliple towel animals which were fun. We did get info on Disney's Best kept secret every day on our bed with the Navigator and had to laugh. The kids kept saying if they always put posters on the bed its not really going to be a secret.

The dining rooms were nice and great. We did like the food and only had to send some raw steaks back a couple of times. The only annoyance was our drink server rarely kept water in our glasses and we had to always ask for a refill to our drinks. we always ordered the same things but they were never on our table when we were ready to come in like on our last cruise. This I am happy to say was the only major problem.

I wasnt sure about the new pirate night, I like the stage show I remembered on the magic, but this was a dance party. The kids got bored and left for the fireworks. We really enjoy those and the last time we went for the party was a while ago so I am not sure when they changed it. We always see the fireworks though. I do think seeing them in the Adult area is the best and its a bit more romantic but we had fun with the family

The funny thing was we booked the cruise last min in December while my dad had an ER Scare and we all thought Mexico wasn't our fist choice but the ship and entertainment and being with the family made up for it. We also reshopped our fantasy cruise onboard and with all the savings we could say the wonder cruise was almost free, well at least one person.

All in all I would say its a great cruise and very reasonable. I can see why disney is moving out as the prices are so low we jumped on them. Its a great cruise to just cruise around. The ports are fun we did get off and explore ziplining, whale watching and lovers beach. The repeat it cabo was fun in our case since we met up with my siiter and her family, but otherwise we all would say they need another port.

I say keep cruising and one thing they do is a great show when they want to, the stage shows are fun I just wish they had more of them then the 3. Toy story was ok and the other 2 were great. The movie for the nightime show was annoying and we all thought they need 7 shows for 7 nights and real shows, not the little one at the end and beginning. we really didnt care for the variety acts in the theatre as they were the same as in the club the time before. Our only complaint for entertainment.
toontoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
SanDiegoSteph
Mouseketeer

Navigators?

Thanks so much for starting your TR - great info and perspective!

Did you happen to bring home your Navigators and, if so, could you scan and upload them?

We are sailing in a couple of weeks and are dying to see the latest schedule of the open houses in the kids' clubs.

Many, many thanks!
Stephanie

"The twilight bark? But dear, that's only a gossip chain" ...Perdita

Disney Wonder through Westbound Panama Canal - May 6 - 20, 2013
Disney Wonder to Hawaii - April 29 - May 14, 2012
Disney Wonder to Alaska - August 2-9, 2011
SanDiegoSteph is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: