Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2011, 02:57 PM   #1
DawnM
Dawn

At what age do you stop giving Easter Baskets?

My older two said they didn't want Easter Baskets this year but would I please still give them candy!

Did you stop at a certain age with your kids if you do Easter Baskets in your house?

Dawn

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:00 PM   #2
LuvOrlando
DIS Veteran

Stop, why stop... what is this you are saying? That's like saying there is an age to stop getting Birthday Cake or Halloween Candy Corn, or to stop hanging Candy Canes.... or stop loving Mickey Mouse. No such thing, if it makes me happy it stays
1993 WDL & WDW PORR for Honeymoon,94 PORR,95 OKW,96 PORR,98 Hilton, 2000 PORR,03Poly&Univ Porto, 04 WL & 04 Cont & Univ Porto,05 AKL&Univ Porto & Poly,06PORR&UnivRP, 07AKL&UnivPorto&Poly,10Hilton&PORFQ,11Hilton&Poly, 12Poly,13CB&Univ Porto (I think I'm missing a few trips in there LOL)
LuvOrlando is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2011, 03:04 PM   #3
DawnM
Dawn

Yeah, that is why I was surprised when they said it. I think they just mean they don't want the cute grass and stuffed eggs, but they will get them anyway if they wish to have candy!

I was curious if anyone did have an age where they stopped.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvOrlando View Post
Stop, why stop... what is this you are saying? That's like saying there is an age to stop getting Birthday Cake or Halloween Candy Corn, or to stop hanging Candy Canes.... or stop loving Mickey Mouse. No such thing, if it makes me happy it stays

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:07 PM   #4
luvsJack
DIS Veteran

Well, all my kids from my 29 year old son to my 1 month old dgd will get "something". Dd and both dgd's will actually be IN a basket. I do different things for the older ones.

For instance, one ds got a car washing set for easter one year--bucket filled with sponges and all kinds of car cleaning supplies.

10 pounds closer to Skinny Island!
luvsJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:07 PM   #5
Kat77
Now if I could just remember how to spell and how not to write in run on sentences....

My kids are ages 11-13 and I still fill their baskets. It's pretty basic- small chocolate bunny, cadbury eggs, jelly beans, peeps and a yogurt shop gift card. We still dye eggs as a family the day before Easter. I agree with others, why stop?

Last edited by Kat77; 04-17-2011 at 03:19 PM. Reason: How could I forget to list peeps?
Kat77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:18 PM   #6
ChristmasElf
Will be packing TP in her purse if Sheryl Crow gets her way!

I do one big family Easter basket. Chocolate bunnies and other chocolates line the edges and jelly beans and smaller chocolates in the center.
A few marshmellow chicks here and there.
ChristmasElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:20 PM   #7
Poohforyou
DIS Veteran

My DD is 11 but I can't imagine ever stopping giving her something for Easter. My mom still sends me a little package of dark chocolate eggs (a favorite) to me every year and I always looks forward to it.
Poohforyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:23 PM   #8
dislaney
faithlovepixiedust

Gosh, I still get an Easter basket myself and I'm old as dirt! Mine all still get Easter basket too!
Old 04-17-2011, 03:33 PM   #9
Meriweather
Maybe we will have an arrival or two today
Time to share your chocolate!

I still do baskets....for me, DH (in our 50s), DS (31), DDIL (32) and DD (28)....so I guess the answer is never

I do use useful things for the "baskets". This year it is plastic totes.
Fill them with candy of course, and odds and ends of things I know they will use....and usually a gift card.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:36 PM   #10
momof1princess
i feel like i'm going to explode if i don't get it out right that second!

well, DD is 13, and we stopped baskets when she was about 7, because she didn't care for the stuff in them, to be honest, lol. she's not much of a candy eater, and doesn't care for coloring books, cheap toys, etc., like you find in the pre-made baskets, and the only thing she ever liked from the baskets i put together for her was a "carton" of sidewalk chalk shaped like eggs.
what we started doing was just having the Easter bunny bring her a gift-a new DVD, gift certificate or purse. she much prefers this method, lol. this year, she's getting a Thirty-One skirt purse.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #11
disneybound2010
DIS Veteran

My mom stopped with all of us around the time I was 12 or 13. I remember being so disappointed and even as I hit my early 20's was still disappointed that my adult friends got baskets, but there was nada at our house.
DS benefits from my lack of baskets! I go on complete basket overload(mostly with games and books and trinkets,not a lot of candy) I have a feeling this year's basket is going to be overflowing onto the table

I don't see myself EVER giving up the tradition. I enjoy hunting and making the baskets and then watching his face when he finds it!

disneybound2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #12
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

WAIT? What do you mean? Doesn't the Easter Bunny bring the baskets? Not me!!

Funny you should ask. I just sealed the "Easter box" that I am sending to my 26 year old daughter who is in Grad school. Putting it in the mail tomorrow so she gets it in time for Easter.

DH & I give Easter Baskets to each other, too.

Last edited by disney1990; 04-17-2011 at 03:48 PM.
disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:42 PM   #13
Goofyluver
Knock Knock
edited to make myself look better!rrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwwrrrrr
...pssst pssst...
toilet paper is dangerous

I have "kids" from 14 through (ahem) 45ish+ that are going to be getting Easter baskets this year.
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
It will be in the valley of love and delight.
Goofyluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:46 PM   #14
cglaura
I still love the smell of Love's Baby Soft

DD is 19, she will get a basket until I am dust.

The baskets however change each year. I try to make it something useful, like a pretty bowl, or a decorative storage container...something she can use all year.

This year I am giving them to her two best friends as well. They are each getting colored totes with some candy and WaWa gift cards (nice because can be used for store or gas).

The hardest thing about having a plant-based only lifestyle is waking up at 5am to milk the almonds

************************************************** ****************************************

The pessimist complains about the wind... The optimist expects it to change... The realist adjusts the sails.

************************************************** ****************************************

A clever person turns great troubles into little ones... and little ones into none at all.

cglaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:49 PM   #15
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Say it isn't so .....our family has no age limit !! Easter bunny brings DH & myself a basket of goodies - we're still going strong at 64 & 74yo.
I also make my dear 81yo Mom a basket, she loves good chocolate, those cute lil fuzzy yellow chicks, and some peeps!?
Our grands all get baskets/buckets, etc. of candies, GC's, asst stuff, the oldest is 23yo, ~ Easter bunny hasn't heard any complaints yet.
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50 Golden Years & Anniv. cruise gift....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: