Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2011, 12:34 AM   #16
Coastingthru
Earning My Ears

From this post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...65&postcount=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4disneykids View Post
I emailed Disney Cruise Line and the pillows are from Harbor Linen Company in Cherry Hill, NJ. 1-800-257-7858. You can place an order from www.harborcareathome.com
Coastingthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:00 AM   #17
Petals & Pixie Dust
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastingthru View Post
Which on is it???
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2011, 06:22 AM   #18
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizpinfriend View Post
http://www.disneyresortcollection.com/index.aspx

This site may possibly have what you are looking for... I haven't been on the Dream yet, so I cannot say for sure - but the site has some pretty nice looking stuff
I'm not sure this collection is from Wamsutta, another poster said DCL was from Frette. I don't recall the bedding at the resorts being as nice as they were on the ship last week.

iankh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:19 AM   #19
MagicRat
Mouseketeer

I, too, would love to know the manufacturer/make of the Dream beds. My wife loved the bed and I'd love to surprise her with it. Better yet, if someone could put together a "menu" necessary to make the Dream bed, linens, etc. that would be awesome!
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:05 PM   #20
Mindyjoy
DIS Veteran

I just got off the Wonder yesterday and I agree about the pillows. I have such a hard time finding comfortable pillows at home. Also, on Day 2 they replaced our blue duvet with a yellow blanket, and I swear it was the most comfortable blanket I've ever encountered. I cuddled up in it every single day and was so sad to leave it behind. I would love to buy one. I wanted to stow it away in my suitcase but DF warned me DCL has our credit card info!

Does anyone know if the bedding is the same across the three ships?
Mindyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:43 PM   #21
iankh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindyjoy View Post
I just got off the Wonder yesterday and I agree about the pillows. I have such a hard time finding comfortable pillows at home. Also, on Day 2 they replaced our blue duvet with a yellow blanket, and I swear it was the most comfortable blanket I've ever encountered. I cuddled up in it every single day and was so sad to leave it behind. I would love to buy one. I wanted to stow it away in my suitcase but DF warned me DCL has our credit card info!

Does anyone know if the bedding is the same across the three ships?
I was on the Wonder on the 4/3 sailing. I wish I had asked when I was onboard about the bedding. I sent DCL a message yesterday. Waiting to see what they reply.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:51 AM   #22
Mindyjoy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
I was on the Wonder on the 4/3 sailing. I wish I had asked when I was onboard about the bedding. I sent DCL a message yesterday. Waiting to see what they reply.
Any response yet??????
Mindyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:34 PM   #23
iankh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindyjoy View Post
Any response yet??????
No, but my experience is that depending on the inquiry it can take up to a week to get a response.

I have friends leaving on Tuesday for a back to back LA repo and Alaska. I've given them strict instructions to grill everyone necessary on board to get the make and model of the pillows, duvet and bedding!

Old 04-30-2011, 08:42 AM   #24
gunghomom
Mouseketeer

DCL posted on their cruise line that other ships are switching over to the Dream's bed linens manufacturer, and referenced them as Frette.
gunghomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:58 AM   #25
iankh

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunghomom View Post
DCL posted on their cruise line that other ships are switching over to the Dream's bed linens manufacturer, and referenced them as Frette.
I havevfriends on the Wonder niwvwhobare under strict instructions to get make, model and style forveverything. I'll post here.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:01 AM   #26
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunghomom View Post
I read that they are in the process of switching all the Wonder bedding to Frette this month.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:49 PM   #27
iankh

The Bedding "Menu"

I finally have all of the information and can post the "menu" of all of the bedding in one place!

Pillow: The pillows are made by Harbor Linen and are part of the "New Generation" collection. Their website is www.harborcareathome.com or call 1-800-257-7858.

Linens: according to DCL, "The sheets are from Frette and are 600 thread count Egyptian cotton, the Duvet and cover are also made by Frette but are not availablefor sale to the public." The website for Frette is www.frette.com. As DCL said, these are made for them and I believe also have subtle Mickey head woven into them. The style that looks closest is the Hotel Charme but I believe those are a 200 thread found rather than 600.

Duvet/Comforter Insert: According to DCL "is an Aquaplush king comforter/duvet insert that may be found with an online search." Well I did a search and I believe it's made by a company called "Down Etc.". Here is a link to their online store, though they are sold elsewhere as well:

http://www.downetc.com/boutique/inde...emart&Itemid=5

I was able to find it on Amazon a bit cheaper.

I hope this helps folks in creating their dream Disney Cruise bed on dry land.

Last edited by iankh; 05-10-2011 at 09:16 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #28
Mom 3 mouseketeers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristieseem1 View Post
My wife and I bought the mattress that are on the Dream. I have NEVER slept better
Can you tell me who makes the mattress? I don't remember a time I slept so wonderfully or woke up with no pain in my back. Would love to buy it!!!

Mom 3 mouseketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:57 PM   #29
Mom 3 mouseketeers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
I finally have all of the information and can post the "menu" of all of the bedding in one place!

Pillow: The pillows are made by Harbor Linen and are part of the "New Generation" collection. Their website is www.harborcareathome.com or call 1-800-257-7858.

Linens: according to DCL, "The sheets are from Frette and are 600 thread count Egyptian cotton, the Duvet and cover are also made by Frette but are not availablefor sale to the public." The website for Frette is www.frette.com. As DCL said, these are made for them and I believe also have subtle Mickey head woven into them. The style that looks closest is the Hotel Charme se' but I believe those are a 200 thread found rather than 600.

Duvet/Comforter Insert: According to DCL "is an Aquaplush king comforter/duvet insert that may be found with an online search." Well I did a search and I believe it's made by a company called "Down Etc.". Here is a link to their online store, though they are sold elsewhere as well:

http://www.downetc.com/boutique/inde...emart&Itemid=5

I was able to find it on Amazon a bit cheaper.

I hope this helps folks in creating their dream Disney Cruise bed on dry land.
Thanks for the info! Can't wait for my new pillows!

Mom 3 mouseketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:15 PM   #30
Dizpinfriend
Sarcasm, just another free service I offer..

For anyone interested, I discovered that Frette has an outlet shop in Woodbury Commons - Central Valley, NY - kinda happily discovered it by accident this afternoon...

I spoke with the manager, and asked her about the bedding supplied to the Dream - she knew all about it, said she had several other folks come in and ask about it - so she had to call corporate to find out the exact products being used. She was super friendly and knowledgeable!!!

At first glance on the Frette website, my jaw hit the ground when I saw the prices - however, the outlet shop has quite a bit of it at clearance prices... I walked out with a pillow and a king size sheet set for my bed - I know I will be DREAMing sweet tonight!!!

If interested, they will do orders over the phone 845-928-4866 - she also said they were the only outlet shop in North America.

Why do you have to "put your two cents in".. but it's only a
"penny for your thoughts"? Where's that extra penny going?
Dizpinfriend is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: