Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2013, 10:18 AM   #946
piratemamaof3
wields a plunger like a magic wand

I am going to have to make a check list for my trip. I have a growing interest board dedicated only to the cupcakes I want to try.

May 3-10 '09 wonderful 1st family trip at Pop Century.

Ready to take over Halloween at CBR
piratemamaof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:21 PM   #947
skellinton
Mouseketeer

Love the cupcake pictorial guide!
skellinton is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2013, 12:24 PM   #948
piratemamaof3

I saw further in the post people were looking at ways to make them more portable. I searched on Amazon and they had plastic disposable carriers. might be a big short but I didn't check the size. They came in packs like 24 and averaged .50 each. Might be nice for those times you want a cup cake but don't want to eat it right away.
HEre is a example its $29 for 100 cupcake holder 3" tall

Last edited by piratemamaof3; 07-29-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:08 AM   #949
jsebsirois
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post
Thought I'd share this on here...there have been so many new cupcakes over the past year, I put together a new version of the WDW Cupcake Photo Guide I did last summer!

Oh my god, this is just amazing. I'm going to eat so much sugar!!!

WDW : October/November 2013 (MNSSHP and MVMCP) March 2013, October 2011 (MNSSHP), November 2010 (MVMCP), October 2008, October 2006 (MNSSHP) and July 2005 DLR : October 2012 (MHP), July 2010 and September 2009
jsebsirois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #950
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratemamaof3 View Post
I saw further in the post people were looking at ways to make them more portable. I searched on Amazon and they had plastic disposable carriers. might be a big short but I didn't check the size. They came in packs like 24 and averaged .50 each. Might be nice for those times you want a cup cake but don't want to eat it right away.
HEre is a example its $29 for 100 cupcake holder 3" tall
They give you a plastic cupcake container if you want. You can sort-of see it here under the carrot cupcake. The lid flips over and keeps it closed up. The "feet" come up around the bottom to steady it.

IMGP1259 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Old 08-21-2013, 07:55 PM   #951
bocaj1431
Mouseketeer

First of all, I love the cupcake guide. What a creative idea.

I am so looking forward to trying some of those cupcakes.

I have a question about purchasing the cupcakes. I do not like to eat too much sweet stuff during the day while walking around in the parks. Especially when the weather is so hot and humid. I would love to purchase the cupcakes and bring them back to the hotel to eat later. However, I know that some of the bakeries close early and others sell out of certain cupcakes early in the day.

Does any have any ideas about purchasing the cupcakes early and keeping them refrigerated until I leave park. Will the place you buy them from store the cupcake so that you can pick them up right before closing? Any ideas?

This may seem a little extreme but I have been dieting and lost thirty pounds;and the one thing that kept me going was that I was going to treat my self to some cupcakes while at Disney. YUM!
Old 08-22-2013, 06:27 AM   #952
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocaj1431 View Post

I have a question about purchasing the cupcakes. I do not like to eat too much sweet stuff during the day while walking around in the parks. Especially when the weather is so hot and humid. I would love to purchase the cupcakes and bring them back to the hotel to eat later. However, I know that some of the bakeries close early and others sell out of certain cupcakes early in the day.

Does any have any ideas about purchasing the cupcakes early and keeping them refrigerated until I leave park. Will the place you buy them from store the cupcake so that you can pick them up right before closing? Any ideas?

This may seem a little extreme but I have been dieting and lost thirty pounds;and the one thing that kept me going was that I was going to treat my self to some cupcakes while at Disney. YUM!
TOTAL guess on this one .... but when you buy merchandise and have it sent to your resort room (or if you're staying off site, they send your items to the front of the park for pick-up when you're leaving) they keep it stored indoors "somewhere". Maybe if you do that, it will at least be inside in the air conditioning and not out-and-about in the heat and on rides with you -- tipping over in a bag, etc. The cupcakes don't HAVE to be refrigerated, so I would think they'd be fine till the end of the day.

Just a thought. Maybe someone else will have a better idea.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:02 AM   #953
MOM POPPINS
I keep getting SOUVENIRS (wink) when I go to WDW!

I am not sure what to suggest but I do know they will not transfer food to the front for pick up

Me DH DD24 DD19 DD16 DD12 DS10
2000 Dixie Landing HIFS '01 Contemporary/Dolphin 2 Trips '02 Dolphin '03 Dolphin '04 BWV/WLV '05 BWV/BCV 2 Trips '06 BWV/Dolphin/Saratoga/OKW 3 Trips '07 BWV/SSR 2 trips '08 BWV May/November '09 BWV March/May/Nov 2010 20th. POR AKL Villa's May 2011BWV September 2011 BWV January 2012 AKL Villa's May 2012 SSR December 2012 May 2013 AKL BC Sept 2013AKL March 2014

MOM POPPINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #954
geek+nerd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocaj1431 View Post

I think your best bet is to bring a mini cooler and have them package it up for you.

1987 Off-property; 2008 Off-property; June 2011 DFTW!!! POR & Off-property; December 2011 POP; June 2012 POP; June 2013 POP; December 2013 AoA
geek+nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #955
Dislover1991
DIS Veteran

I tried the mocha cupcake (I think that's what it was called) at Boardwalk Bakery last April. I'm a HUGE fan of buttercream - it's my weakness and I am a health nut and worry about my weight all the time. When I bit into the cupcake, it just had whipped frosting so I said "oh this isn't too tempting, one more bite and i'm done". I took another bite - and this tiramisu mousse was in the middle - I almost died. BEST. THING. EVER.

I only ate about 3/4 of the cupcake
Old 08-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #956
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

We got two cupcakes at BOG. The first was lemon meringue, which our server described as, "light, fluffy and yellow - like Belle's dress!"

The second was chocolate and very rich! Even my chocoholic DD couldn't make a dent!

Planning a "super-secret" October F&WF weekend!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #957
fisherjenn
Caught the running bug <3

Subscribed!
Nothing I love more than Disney sweets, especially their cupcakes. I had my first one at the Boardwalk Bakery (it was the oreo cupcake) and it was delicious!

Fox on the run
Turkey Trot 5 Miler November 2013
Cheddar Challenge 5k June 2014
runDisney Castaway Cay 5k July 2014
fisherjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #958
Dislover1991
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleStinkerbelle View Post
We got two cupcakes at BOG. The first was lemon meringue, which our server described as, "light, fluffy and yellow - like Belle's dress!"

The second was chocolate and very rich! Even my chocoholic DD couldn't make a dent!

The chocolate cupcake looks incredible! Now i'm regretting that we aren't going to BOG.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #959
piratemamaof3

they look amazing!! Some night when I am working (retail) and I need to escape mentally I think of what cup cakes I can buy w/ the money I am making. LOL

Old 08-22-2013, 10:08 PM   #960
Lynnilou
Earning My Ears

AGPrincess - LOVE that cupcake guide!

A couple of my favorites are the Darth Vader and the Butterfinger (and I don't care for butterfinger)cupcakes from Starring Roles. The newer Mickey and Minnie Mousse cupcakes from Capn' Cooks were awesome as well.

Lynnilou is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: