Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #781
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddhatir View Post
Another thing that is important about cupcakes and cakes- IMO, they need to be eaten at room temp. I think the flavor of the cake and the icing is much better that way. I don't like cold, hard icing and cake
So very true! Much like with ice cream, proper temp makes all the difference. As for frosting - if you ever watch shows like Cupcake Wars, you can see that the fillings and frostings are the stars of the show. I think that's because that's where the decorator touches come in, and there can be a lot more variation in frostings than in cake. I live near a bakery that won Cupcake Wars and their everyday offerings are the same idea - it's all about the fillings and frostings. Their fillings and frostings are quite good (they use quality ingredients), although their cake, to me, is eh. I like Duncan Hines just as much. For anyone who wants to make a truly outstanding cupcake at home, I highly recommend Gina Neely's banana cupcakes. PHENOMENAL. I don't do her molasses frosting though - I use buttercream or buttercream with a hint of maple.
1/31-2/9/14
fuzzlekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #782
MOM POPPINS
I keep getting SOUVENIRS (wink) when I go to WDW!

December takes a holiday favorite  gingerbread, and tops it with cream cheese icing, holiday sprinkles and a festive Minnie Mouse hat. This cupcake are $4.99 and count as a snack on the Disney Dining Plan. Theyre available at Backlot Express, Studio Catering Co., Pizza Planet and ABC Commissary.

And on January 17, the Capt. Jack indulgent cupcake debuts, chocolate with chocolate buttercream fudge icing, topped with chocolate shavings, a chocolate trio of a coin, map and key, and edible golden pearls tucked in a pirates treasure chest. Cost is $8.99 and available at Backlot Express, Studio Catering Co., ABC Commissary; Starring Rolls, and Sweet Spells.

Me DH DD24 DD19 DD16 DD13 DS11
2000 Dixie Landing HIFS '01 Contemporary/Dolphin 2 Trips '02 Dolphin '03 Dolphin '04 BWV/WLV '05 BWV/BCV 2 Trips '06 BWV/Dolphin/Saratoga/OKW 3 Trips '07 BWV/SSR 2 trips '08 BWV May/November '09 BWV March/May/Nov 10 20th. POR AKL Villa's May 11BWV September 11 BWV January 12 AKL Villa's May 12 SSR December 12 May 13 AKL BC Sept 13AKL March 14 OKW June 14Boardwalk January 15

MOM POPPINS is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #783
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!
Pirate lovin', freebie posting, Susan Lucci wannabe of the Tag World

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOM POPPINS View Post
And on January 17, the Capt. Jack indulgent cupcake debuts, chocolate with chocolate buttercream fudge icing, topped with chocolate shavings, a chocolate trio of a coin, map and key, and edible golden pearls tucked in a pirates treasure chest. Cost is $8.99 and available at Backlot Express, Studio Catering Co., ABC Commissary; Starring Rolls, and Sweet Spells.

I can't see buying this just to sit there are eat it. It's too pretty! lol. It would make a cute gift, but good luck getting it home. {{squish}}

......Me and DH
maddhatir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #784
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

whats the cupcake crawl list? I need this I think! it's sad that I'm planning my next trip around cupcakes
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #785
hogwartsdropout
You can't run away from trouble...ain't no place that far..

That Christmas cupcake looks amazing! too bad I'm there in November and not December!!
2000, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside
2009 - Saratoga Springs
2008-2009 UK World Showcase CM (stayed at WL, POR, GF, CR, ASSp, ASMo, CS, CB, YC, Pop)
2011 - ASSp and WL
2012 - ASSp and AKL
2014 - ASSp
hogwartsdropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #786
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
whats the cupcake crawl list? I need this I think! it's sad that I'm planning my next trip around cupcakes
2011 http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/0...cupcake-crawl/
2012 http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/0...cupcake-crawl/

Some of the cupcakes on the list are not always available.

I never used to eat junk in Disney. I knew these cupcakes were out there, but never tried them. This last trip, I made it a point to try some. It was fun.

Have fun

......Me and DH
Old 11-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #787
Cydsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddhatir

2011 http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/0...cupcake-crawl/
2012 http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/0...cupcake-crawl/

Some of the cupcakes on the list are not always available.

I never used to eat junk in Disney. I knew these cupcakes were out there, but never tried them. This last trip, I made it a point to try some. It was fun.

Have fun
I agree! We went around specifically to try as many cupcakes and pastries we could find and had such a good time doing something new! We found so many yummy things for good prices too! 99% of them were snack credits. I can't wait to do it again next year!
DD 7
Cydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:52 PM   #788
MOM POPPINS
I keep getting SOUVENIRS (wink) when I go to WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogwartsdropout View Post
That Christmas cupcake looks amazing! too bad I'm there in November and not December!!
I thought it was odd that this one still looks like Halloween but it states it's for November!

Next up for November, a fall classic: pumpkin with maple icing topped with sugared pecans and Mickey Ears.

Me DH DD24 DD19 DD16 DD13 DS11
2000 Dixie Landing HIFS '01 Contemporary/Dolphin 2 Trips '02 Dolphin '03 Dolphin '04 BWV/WLV '05 BWV/BCV 2 Trips '06 BWV/Dolphin/Saratoga/OKW 3 Trips '07 BWV/SSR 2 trips '08 BWV May/November '09 BWV March/May/Nov 10 20th. POR AKL Villa's May 11BWV September 11 BWV January 12 AKL Villa's May 12 SSR December 12 May 13 AKL BC Sept 13AKL March 14 OKW June 14Boardwalk January 15

MOM POPPINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #789
mandas08
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just got back from Disney! Thought I would try a "few" cupcakes on my trip.

PB Cupcake- BW Bakery.

TA-DA!!! So sweet of him

BTW- When I got home I weighed myself......I LOST 3 lbs
They really dont have this anymore I was so excited to try it after reading about it on the blog
mandas08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:13 PM   #790
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOM POPPINS View Post
December takes a holiday favorite  gingerbread, and tops it with cream cheese icing, holiday sprinkles and a festive Minnie Mouse hat. This cupcake are $4.99 and count as a snack on the Disney Dining Plan. Theyre available at Backlot Express, Studio Catering Co., Pizza Planet and ABC Commissary.

Will this be available at magic kingdom??
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #791
maddhatir

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandas08 View Post
They really dont have this anymore I was so excited to try it after reading about it on the blog
They didn't when I was there. Honestly, they should get rid of the Oreo Bonbon and replace it with the PB. The Oreo was not good. Maybe you can get it at another location in Disney. The CM did ask the baker that question, but instead of answering, he just made if for me.

Starring Rolls has the Chocolate PB cupcake. Totally different, but if you are craving PB- I think it will satisfy you. The inside was like a glob of chocolate PB. You can just smell the PB when you pick up that cupcake.

......Me and DH
Old 11-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #792
princessap
DIS Veteran

Best place to get cupcakes at Magic kingdom is where?? do they carry PB ones?? I LOVE anything PB and Chocolate!!
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #793
maddhatir

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
Best place to get cupcakes at Magic kingdom is where?? do they carry PB ones?? I LOVE anything PB and Chocolate!!
The cupcake crawl says they have a PB cupcake at the MS Bakery. It just looks like the frosting is PB. I didn't look when I was there.

They have a chocolate PB at Starring Roll- DHS.

......Me and DH
Old 11-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #794
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Starring Rolls has the Chocolate PB cupcake. Totally different, but if you are craving PB- I think it will satisfy you. The inside was like a glob of chocolate PB. You can just smell the PB when you pick up that cupcake.
I tried the Chocolate PB Cupcake from Starring Rolls in September and it has got to be my favorite cupcake ever. When I first saw it, I thought it would be too rich and chocolaty, however, I found it to be just right (I washed it down with white milk which helped a lot). Now I am craving one of those but unfortunately we will not be returning to WDW until 2014....I wonder if they sell something similar in DLR .
Old 11-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #795
MinnieM21
I've been to Disneyland a billion times but I don't even know what WDW looks like! (psst...there are tons of pictures of WDW on the Internet!)
Loves to ride Bud Light with her mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
Will this be available at magic kingdom??
No, they're only available at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Above each photo, it says exactly where in DHS the cupcakes are available at.
MinnieM21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: