Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #736
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!
Pirate lovin', freebie posting, Susan Lucci wannabe of the Tag World

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
Wow, yea that cotton candy cupcake looks a bit disappointing. The dumbo one in the background doesn't really look like more than a cupcake with a dumbo shaped chocolate on the top. They all look the same flavor with the same 'circus' swirl icing. And at 3.99 each....I think that I'll stick with the fancier cupcakes when using snack credits.
I think these cupcakes will appeal to the kiddies since they are in Fantasyland.
Parents, get ready to pony up $4 for a cheesy cupcake LOL

For the calories and the money- I am sticking to the grown up cupcakes.

......Me and DH
maddhatir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #737
Mamapapa
Twins fill our house with chaos, and our hearts with love.

Quote:
I don't know if anyone has reported it yet but they discontinued one of our favorite cupcakes - the chocolate raspberry from Sunshine Seasons.
Darn it! I looked for that cupcake about 6 times on my last trip, this explains why they never had it! I was hoping they were out because it was so good and sold out quickly....
2008 - POLY (1st "Family of Three" Trip) <> 2011 - PopCentury (Hurricane Irene) <> 2012 - POFQ (Mother/Daughter Trip!!) <> 2013 - Dream Cruise, 1 day MK (with Grandma) <> 2014 - AKL (with Grandma!!) <> 2015 - AoA (1st "Family of 5" Trip)
Mamapapa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #738
serene56
DIS Veteran

that cotton candy one looks a lot smaller then the ones we got back in August.

are these cupcakes shrinking?
Old 10-03-2012, 02:38 PM   #739
loganjared
Mouseketeer

pizza planet...

I see several comments and pictures on here about cupcakes at Pizza Planet. I went to studioscentral.com and the pizza planet menu only lists rice krispie treats and cookies under dessert, which is all that we have ever seen when we have been there. How do I get the cupcakes?

6/1994 Honeymoon CBR; 6/2004 DS's first trip/10 yr anniversary CBR; 6/2005 ASMo; 2/2007 ASSp; 6/2009 15 yr anniversary ASMo; 6/2010 POFQ; 6/2011 POFQ

loganjared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #740
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganjared
I see several comments and pictures on here about cupcakes at Pizza Planet. I went to studioscentral.com and the pizza planet menu only lists rice krispie treats and cookies under dessert, which is all that we have ever seen when we have been there. How do I get the cupcakes?
Sometimes Internet menus are not accurate. As of Sunday night, the 2 dessert options were the cappuccino cupcake and a chocolate chip cookie.

Last edited by AnotherPrincess; 10-05-2012 at 07:16 PM.
AnotherPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #741
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!
Pirate lovin', freebie posting, Susan Lucci wannabe of the Tag World

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
that cotton candy one looks a lot smaller then the ones we got back in August.

are these cupcakes shrinking?
The cupcakes are probably shrinking while the prices stay the same

......Me and DH
maddhatir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:07 PM   #742
julirina
Close your mouth, Michael. We are not a codfish.

Just had to let you all know...we're at WDW right now, spent today at AK and if it hadn't been for this thread, I would have walked right past the Kusafiri bakery. They didn't even have cupcakes listed on the menu board! But i peeked in the window and saw them, so i got the adorable cottontop tamarin one, much to the delight of my kids and the awe of the guests around us. We split it 8 ways so i can't give it an honest review as I didn't really get enough for myself to make an impression, but what little i got tasted good to me! Thanks for sharing -- it was a high point of our day.

julirina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:16 PM   #743
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julirina View Post
Just had to let you all know...we're at WDW right now, spent today at AK and if it hadn't been for this thread, I would have walked right past the Kusafiri bakery. They didn't even have cupcakes listed on the menu board! But i peeked in the window and saw them, so i got the adorable cottontop tamarin one, much to the delight of my kids and the awe of the guests around us. We split it 8 ways so i can't give it an honest review as I didn't really get enough for myself to make an impression, but what little i got tasted good to me! Thanks for sharing -- it was a high point of our day.
We tried the Tamarin and the White Elephant one on our recent trip. The Tamarin is good maybe even very good but the White Elephant one is even better!
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies

Our new favorite thing to do (between Disney trips) is posting DHs photos on foap - he's under guanojoe (how funny is that?!)
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:20 PM   #744
got2travel
Disney lover
Waking Tink's a special treat

Has anyone tried the King Cupcake at POP? I just heard about it yesterday and am looking forward to trying it in 10 days.

Chocolate cake, banana custard filling, peanut butter icing and candied bacon.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/0...entury-resort/

Next: Oct '14 WDW / Jan '15 DCL B2B Caribbean
Past:Mar '14 DL / Jan '14 DL / Dec '13 DL / Jun '13 DL / Oct '12 DL then WDW / Jun '12 WDW & DCL Fantasy / Mar '12 DL / Dec '11 WDW / Mar '11 DCL Dream / Jan '11 DCL Wonder / Oct '10 DL / Sep '10 DCL WBTA / Apr '10 DL / Mar '10 DL / Jan '10 DL / Sept '09 DL / Mar '09 DL & Club 33 / Feb '09 / Nov '08 / Aug '08 DL & DCL PC Repo / Mar '08 DL / Aug '07 DL Paris-DCL Med Repo / May '07 AWE Red Carpet at DL / Apr '07 DL B-day trip / Nov '06 DL / Oct '06 DL / Aug '06 DL / June '06 WDW / Jan '06 DL / Nov '05 DL Tokyo / Oct '05 DL / July '05 DL / May '05 DL / Feb '05 1 day DL solo / Jan '05 DL / Dec '04 WDW / Oct '04 DL / June '04 DL (2 separate weekends) / April '04 DL & Club 33) / Jan '04 DL / Nov '03 DL / Oct '03 WDW / Aug '03 DL / Jun '03 DL / Apr '03 DL / Jan '03 DL.....many more DL visits, too numerous to list
got2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #745
LauraLouLovesPooh
Mouseketeer

Haven't tried it, I actually didn't even see it when I was there three weeks ago! It will definitely be something I try next year! Let us all know how it is!
PaulLaura
LauraLouLovesPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #746
disney212
DIS Veteran

Cupcake help!

Due to a stomach issue all I can handle will be 1 or 2 cupcakes for our 9 day stay in December. Last trip I had the black forest from CR. YUM. If you could only choose 1 or 2 during a visit what would they be and why. The more sinful the better!
I am game for anything but uncooked banana as I am allergic to those. Cooked banana is fine, no one knows why....

Last edited by disney212; 10-05-2012 at 08:44 PM. Reason: forgot to add allergy
disney212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #747
Dalamara
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney212
Due to a stomach issue all I can handle will be 1 or 2 cupcakes for our 9 day stay in December. Last trip I had the black forest from CR. YUM. If you could only choose 1 or 2 during a visit what would they be and why. The more sinful the better!
I am game for anything but uncooked banana as I am allergic to those. Cooked banana is fine, no one knows why....

I'll be going in early Dec., and i plan on hunting down the strawberry cupcake and the vanilla caramel cupcake. I think the strawberry one may be at the Boardwalk Bakery, and the caramel is in Epcot at the German caramel bakery... Sooooo excited lol, my two favorite flavors! I've also never tried either of them so it'll be even more fun when I finally do.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #748
disney212
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalamara View Post
I'll be going in early Dec., and i plan on hunting down the strawberry cupcake and the vanilla caramel cupcake. I think the strawberry one may be at the Boardwalk Bakery, and the caramel is in Epcot at the German caramel bakery... Sooooo excited lol, my two favorite flavors! I've also never tried either of them so it'll be even more fun when I finally do.
both sound good, be sure to post how they are, we are not going until December 15th. Eat as many types as you can find and let me know how they are. It could be considered your good deed as you are helping someone out who has serious stomach issues .
disney212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #749
Dalamara
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney212

both sound good, be sure to post how they are, we are not going until December 15th. Eat as many types as you can find and let me know how they are. It could be considered your good deed as you are helping someone out who has serious stomach issues .
LOL... Well... Since I'll be helping someone out, I guess I can make the sacrifice
Old 10-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #750
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

I had a few on my August trip and the Cappuccino Cupcake at PP and Red Velvet at Starring Rolls were my faves.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: