Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #721
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Two weeks or so ago, at Main Street Bakery, they had just one Halloween-themed cupcake. It was a "Candy Corn" version (mounds of orange, yellow and white icing and topped with candy corn) in either yellow or chocolate cake. I was definitely expecting more of a variety.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #722
NC State
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Two weeks or so ago, at Main Street Bakery, they had just one Halloween-themed cupcake. It was a "Candy Corn" version (mounds of orange, yellow and white icing and topped with candy corn) in either yellow or chocolate cake. I was definitely expecting more of a variety.
Me too, I was disappointed.

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #723
Mamapapa
Married to a Disney-Hater... :(

Just back a few weeks ago. Managed to try the PB from Starring Rolls, it was amazing! So rich I couldn't finish it. Plenty to share with a friend, but we ate lunch there and used a QS credit so we each got a PB cupcake as our dessert! Tried the Strawberry and Oreo Bonbon from Boardwalk, both were ok. I agree with PP that the cake would be better chocolate for the Oreo one. I liked them, but didn't love them. Then I got the strawberry lemonade from CR. I can't comment on this one as I left it in the fridge when we checked out of POFQ!!! I actually thought about calling them to see if they'd ship it to me.....
2008 - POLY (1st "Family of Three" Trip) <> 2011 - PopCentury (Hurricane Irene) <> 2012 - POFQ (Mother/Daughter Trip!!) <> 2013 - Dream Cruise, 1 day MK <> 2014 - AKL (with Grandma!!) <> 2015 - WLV (1st "Family of 5" Trip)
Mamapapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:42 PM   #724
FancyNancy
Princess

My DD's birthday cupcake from Princess Storybook Dining in Epcot

FancyNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #725
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
My DD's birthday cupcake from Princess Storybook Dining in Epcot
Now THAT is WAY more impressive than the kids' dessert at CRT, which doesn't make sense to me. We're looking forward to doing Akershus for the princesses this time around.
1/31-2/9/14
fuzzlekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #726
FancyNancy
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzlekins View Post
Now THAT is WAY more impressive than the kids' dessert at CRT, which doesn't make sense to me. We're looking forward to doing Akershus for the princesses this time around.
Good choice! My daughter absolutely LOVED the princess interaction there and she enjoyed her meal as well! The cold buffet is fabulous as are the desserts!

FancyNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #727
OhhBother
Mouseketeer

New cupcakes! We were in the new shop that just opened yesterday in Storybook Circus in Fantasyland. The shop includes a whole counter of candies, apples and cupcakes like the Confectionery.

In addition to Halloween cupcakes, there was a cotton candy cupcake, a caramel corn cupcake and a Dumbo cupcake. These three were much smaller than the others -- about the size you'd bake at home. They were chocolate or vanilla cupcakes, buttercream frosting and a topping -- either cotton candy, caramel corm or an edible photo print of a Storybook Circus character.

My DH had the caramel corn one and liked it. I went with the traditional ghost cupcake. Yum.

Sorry for no pictures!
OhhBother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #728
knottmel1
Mouseketeer

I cannot wait to get my hands on a disney CUPCAKE!!!!

knottmel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #729
Dalamara
Mouseketeer

I'm hoping they'll have some fun Christmas ones as well... This year will be my first Christmas in Disney :D
Old 10-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #730
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhhBother View Post
New cupcakes! We were in the new shop that just opened yesterday in Storybook Circus in Fantasyland. The shop includes a whole counter of candies, apples and cupcakes like the Confectionery.

In addition to Halloween cupcakes, there was a cotton candy cupcake, a caramel corn cupcake and a Dumbo cupcake. These three were much smaller than the others -- about the size you'd bake at home. They were chocolate or vanilla cupcakes, buttercream frosting and a topping -- either cotton candy, caramel corm or an edible photo print of a Storybook Circus character.

My DH had the caramel corn one and liked it. I went with the traditional ghost cupcake. Yum.

Sorry for no pictures!
Oooo, that sounds good. Especially the cotton candy one.

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #731
The Rolands
Earning My Ears

Please HELP! I had wanted to get cupcakes AFTER the 6:30pm fireworks at Hollywood (in Nov) but it appears Starring Rolls will be closed AFTER the fireworks. Where all else would everyone recommend to get awesome cupcakes? Thanks!
The Rolands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #732
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!
Pirate lovin', freebie posting, Susan Lucci wannabe of the Tag World

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhhBother View Post

Sorry for no pictures!

Does anyone have pics of the Cotton Candy Cupcake?
Old 10-01-2012, 09:22 PM   #733
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

I don't know if anyone has reported it yet but they discontinued one of our favorite cupcakes - the chocolate raspberry from Sunshine Seasons

It was a great cupcake!

Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #734
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!
Pirate lovin', freebie posting, Susan Lucci wannabe of the Tag World

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddhatir View Post
Does anyone have pics of the Cotton Candy Cupcake?
Found it. Not very impressed. Looks like they just threw some cotton candy on top of a cupcake.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:46 PM   #735
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Wow, yea that cotton candy cupcake looks a bit disappointing. The dumbo one in the background doesn't really look like more than a cupcake with a dumbo shaped chocolate on the top. They all look the same flavor with the same 'circus' swirl icing. And at 3.99 each....I think that I'll stick with the fancier cupcakes when using snack credits.

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: