Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #616
jonnytr
Earning My Ears

Can't wait to get my hands on one heuuuu no two cupcakes. My favorite for now the the caramel one in Epcot.
jonnytr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #617
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

So .... without reading every single page of this thread, where are all the places you can get these fabulous cupcakes WITHOUT being in a park? My DD18 and I are going down in September for 2 days , but we're only going to Blizzard Beach. None of the main parks.

So, I know Boardwalk Bakery is one of the places .... where else???

THANKS

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #618
DancinDaisyDuck
Nothing left for me to do but dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
So .... without reading every single page of this thread, where are all the places you can get these fabulous cupcakes WITHOUT being in a park? My DD18 and I are going down in September for 2 days , but we're only going to Blizzard Beach. None of the main parks.

THANKS

I think all of the monorail resort counter service places have their own version of a cupcake. They also appear to be seasonal. Right now I think one of the summer flavors you can find is Strawberry Lemonade. From what I've been able to tell, Captain Cooks has chocolate macadamia and lemon ginger, Gasparilla has a strawberry one, Roaring Forks may have a s'mores one, and Contempo Cafe has strawberry and chocolate peanutbutter. Again, the flavors appear to vary pretty frequently so it's tough to tell what you'll get.

This thread is really worth looking through, for the pictures, and there's a chart someone made (and one on the Disney Food Blog) that shows where all the cupcakes are and what flavors.
One Short Day in the Magic Kingdom: March 2007, South By Southwest: October 2007, June 2008 BFF Trip, Five Cougars and a Mouse: October 2009, Sisters in the World: March 2010, October 2012 Semi-solo adventure

DancinDaisyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:05 PM   #619
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:

THANKS

Many of the resorts have a special cupcake or two. The Contempory,
Wilderness Lodge, POP century (the new "Elvis" is there). Happy Hunting!

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Marblies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:20 AM   #620
Ilivetogo
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Thanks you guys!!! Very helpful. My DD and I will have fun looking for great cupcakes and you can be sure I will post photos of them when I get back!!!

Old 08-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #621
Tammyepolytinkfan
Mouseketeer

Wow they all look yummy! Can't wait to try some of those cupcakes.
Disney College of Knowledge Graduate 2005

Tammyepolytinkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #622
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

If I had to recommend one cupcake in all of WDW, it would be the chocolate peanut butter cup at the Contempo Cafe. OH MY GOODNESS. If you're a chocolate peanut butter fan, you must get this on your next trip. MUST.
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #623
DancinDaisyDuck
Nothing left for me to do but dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
If I had to recommend one cupcake in all of WDW, it would be the chocolate peanut butter cup at the Contempo Cafe. OH MY GOODNESS. If you're a chocolate peanut butter fan, you must get this on your next trip. MUST.
I so hope it's still there when I go at the end of October! I'm afraid it will be gone and replaced with a seasonal one. Although I'd love a fall-themed cupcake like pumpkin spice, gingerbread, caramel apple pie, or something.
One Short Day in the Magic Kingdom: March 2007, South By Southwest: October 2007, June 2008 BFF Trip, Five Cougars and a Mouse: October 2009, Sisters in the World: March 2010, October 2012 Semi-solo adventure

DancinDaisyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #624
mickeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomFanatic View Post
Ok, so I accidentally found this thread, and now I am deliberately posting my plan.We go at the end of August and are one the Deluxe Dining Plan. I know that we will be full from all the food, but I will at least nibble on a few of them. Our breakfast that we have planned for our DHS day is snack credits buying cupcakes. Have a great trip when you go!
I have mine already picked out and the kids are now getting excited since I showed them this thread. they are like "Mom, you're really gonna let us have a cupcake for breakfast?", I was like "IN Disney, sure!!!" They were like "WOOHOO!!!!!"
We have never had any cupcakes in Disney besides the usual celebration ones that some restaurants give you when there is a birthday or something that you list on your ressie. Now I will begin to live the real cupcake life...
Hello Norristown from Philly Area!!! I've been to WDW over a dozen times and never even knew about all of these gourmet cupcakes!!! We're making up for this in Nov. Thank goodness for this thread! I just hope that most of these classics are still available. Have a great trip when you go.
Yes everyone, I'm still working on my 'Cupcake Transport System' and it's almost done. I will show it on here with instructions when it's finished. I'm sorry that it's been so long, but unexpected family matters came up. I can't believe how many wonderful pages I've missed.

mickeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:56 AM   #625
Ilivetogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeye View Post
Hello Norristown from Philly Area!!! I've been to WDW over a dozen times and never even knew about all of these gourmet cupcakes!!! We're making up for this in Nov. Thank goodness for this thread! I just hope that most of these classics are still available. Have a great trip when you go.
Yes everyone, I'm still working on my 'Cupcake Transport System' and it's almost done. I will show it on here with instructions when it's finished. I'm sorry that it's been so long, but unexpected family matters came up. I can't believe how many wonderful pages I've missed.
Very interesting .... I can't wait to see this. Hopefully you can show it before I leave in 2+ weeks!!! We just might be able to bring more home with us!

Old 08-15-2012, 07:14 AM   #626
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblies View Post
Many of the resorts have a special cupcake or two. The Contempory,
Wilderness Lodge, POP century (the new "Elvis" is there). Happy Hunting!
Okay...how have I missed the 'Elvis' cupcake? I didn't see a post about it....and usually POP just has those swirly tie dye looking cupcakes.

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:20 AM   #627
Ilivetogo

Hi DisneyMomFanatic!!

I'm from Horsham!

Old 08-15-2012, 11:06 AM   #628
DisneyMomFanatic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi DisneyMomFanatic!!

I'm from Horsham!

Hi Horsham! (livetogo), apparently there are 3 of us on this thread from the same general area. Mickeye is also from the philly area as well. Do you have a trip planned? (I can't see signatures right now). We leave in 8 days for our trip. I will be doing a dining review as we will have 4 disney adults on the deluxe dining plan for 8 nights and 9 days. Can't wait. We do intend on doing breakfast at starring rolls on our DHS day and maybe a few other cupcakes as snack credits. We shall see. Thanks for saying "hi"
Me, DH, & DS: Dec '99 off prop (parent's house), Nov '00 Contemporary, April '02 POR
Me, DH, DS, &DD:April '03 off prop (parent's house), April '05 off prop (parent's house), June '06 off prop (parent's house), August '07 POP, Dec '08/Jan '09 POP,August '10 Contemporary, August '12 AoA, July '14 POR

Where is the funnel cake?
DisneyMomFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #629
loveysbydesign
I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream for miles!

Didn't read through them all yet but I love the Red Velvet from MK bakery better then Starring Rolls, for some reason it seemed fresher. My kids love the marble and Bf ones from SR. Also loved the Cotton Top Tamarin cupcake from AK as it was very rich, moist and chocolaty!

Also I have read they have other flavors at the Gasparilla Grill at the Grand Floridian!~S'Mores, Cherry Berry, German Choc. cake etc!
http://apinchofpixiedust.blogspot.co...e-cupcake.html

May 2006-1st family trip to WDW! Loved Windsor Hills! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$1800
Nov. 13-22 2007-2nd trip to WDW with Baby Hartley #3-it's a boy!!! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$2200
May 2009- 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at SSR and then our 1st Disney cruise on the Magic! Total cost for 2 Cat. 12's -upgraded to Cat. 10's=$2900

June 11-20 2010- Our super cheap, surprising the kids, 1st time driving, celebrating Ryan's 3rd birthday trip! Total cost=$950
Nov.12-22, 2010 Took our in-laws along for their 1st trip ever! Stayed at Indian Creek and had a blast!
Oct.10-15, 2011 Crazy Columbus Crowds(did YES program) & cruised on the Dream Oct. 16-20
Oct. 19-29, 2012 Our trip re-do w/the in-laws, swam w/ the manatees & drove home through Sandy!
June 21-30, 2013 Celebrating our 17th anniversary!

Last edited by loveysbydesign; 08-15-2012 at 01:13 PM.
loveysbydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #630
FourFireworksFans
Earning My Ears

I had heard about some cupcakes available a a counter in the back of the old circus tent ( behind Mickey & Minnie's houses) which is no longer there.....wonder if it will be in the new tent?
FourFireworksFans is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: