Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #571
mickeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Speaking of Contempo Cafe, I highly recommend the Dos Leches Caramel Cupcake. Yellow cake with a caramel frosting, hollowed out with some liquid caramel inside that oozes out like a molten lava cake. Super sweet, my wife hated it (too sweet), I thought it was the best dessert I had on the whole trip. I went back for another one later in the week.
Oooh, thanks for the info. We love caramel and will be at the CR on our last day so I think some of those luscious goodies will be flying home with us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post

Just wanted to let you all know, thanks to your brilliant suggestions, the "Cupcakes of WDW" graphic is now available as a poster in my etsy shop! I don't think I'm allowed to post the link, since I'm selling it, but my etsy id is in my signature, or feel free to PM me!
Those Art of Animation cupcakes are so cute, what a pity they're not more exciting!
Well, are you the one who did all of that for the Disney Food Blog? I saw it there and I must say that you did a beautiful job on it. Thanks!
I have been to WDW for more than a dozen times and NEVER knew about these cupcakes. But don't worry fellow Disers; I'm going to more than make up for that injustice when we go for Christmas this year!
BTW, I'm still working on my handmade 'Cupcake Transport Container', so don't think that I've forgotten you peeps. As soon as it's done I'll be posting pics and instructions here in this thread for all of you.

mickeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:31 PM   #572
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeye View Post

Well, are you the one who did all of that for the Disney Food Blog? I saw it there and I must say that you did a beautiful job on it. Thanks!
I have been to WDW for more than a dozen times and NEVER knew about these cupcakes. But don't worry fellow Disers; I'm going to more than make up for that injustice when we go for Christmas this year!
BTW, I'm still working on my handmade 'Cupcake Transport Container', so don't think that I've forgotten you peeps. As soon as it's done I'll be posting pics and instructions here in this thread for all of you.
I am the one who did the cupcake infographic that was on the Disney Food Blog -- I actually made it for my blog and they shared it over there, which was fantastic. Glad you like it -- and I know, new cupcakes seem to be cropping up every day. It's tough to keep track of them all, but hey, it's definitely a worthwhile mission we're all on!

VERY interested to hear about your cupcake transport container as well...some Disney bakeries have really good cupcake to-go boxes, but others have nothing at all...
AGPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #573
Tink-n-MrIncredible
DIS Veteran

Just a little FYI. I was in Bed, Bath and Beyond and they had a cupcake keeper. I do not know what the official name was or the price. It was made of plastic, it was shaped liked a cupcake and it seperated into two parts.
Tink-n-MrIncredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:01 PM   #574
MissDisney121
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-n-MrIncredible View Post
Just a little FYI. I was in Bed, Bath and Beyond and they had a cupcake keeper. I do not know what the official name was or the price. It was made of plastic, it was shaped liked a cupcake and it seperated into two parts.
I got those containers and they are way too small for most of the cupcakes. Maybe not if you aren't trying to save the whole thing but I tried putting one of the dhs red velvet cupcakes in one and it was way too small. I don't know if all places have them but I got some great to go containers from roaring forks at wl.

MissDisney121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:23 PM   #575
Master Grayson
Haunted Mansion Ghost Host

Parents are down at DHS went into Starring Rolls and asked for a Red Velvet Cheesecake CC and they were told they havent had them for awhile??? Is this true or did they get aCM who was clueless?
Old 06-21-2012, 01:13 PM   #576
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Grayson View Post
Parents are down at DHS went into Starring Rolls and asked for a Red Velvet Cheesecake CC and they were told they havent had them for awhile??? Is this true or did they get aCM who was clueless?
Perhaps she meant they were out of them for the day?
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:50 PM   #577
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDisney121 View Post
I got those containers and they are way too small for most of the cupcakes. Maybe not if you aren't trying to save the whole thing but I tried putting one of the dhs red velvet cupcakes in one and it was way too small. I don't know if all places have them but I got some great to go containers from roaring forks at wl.
The Contempo Cafe also had the great to go containers for their cupcakes. So it's simple -- buy a bunch of the caramel cupcakes there, eat them all, rinse out the containers, and then you're all set for the rest of the trip!!!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:07 PM   #578
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"

probably won't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
The Contempo Cafe also had the great to go containers for their cupcakes. So it's simple -- buy a bunch of the caramel cupcakes there, eat them all, rinse out the containers, and then you're all set for the rest of the trip!!!
I haven't been to the Contempo Cafe, but I bought a German Chocolate Cupcake at the Beach Club Marketplace. Here's the container:

I don't have a picture of the Starring Rolls cupcakes, but here's a Peanut Butter Cupcake from the Main Street Bakery:

Even if I had washed out the cupcake container from the Beach Club Marketplace and taken it to the Magic Kingdom with me, the Peanut Butter Cupcake would have been much too tall for it. As I recall, the Starring Rolls cupcakes are at least as tall as the Peanut Butter Cupcake.

Best Aunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:07 PM   #579
helenb
Wishing for the World...

Thanks to this thread, we heartily enjoyed Butterfinger cupcakes while watching the Beauty and the Beast show at DHS. Yum!!!

My DD wanted to chime in here that she thinks the brownies (with their thick layer of fudgy icing) at Starring Rolls are just as good as a cupcake, if not better!
helenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #580
bangzoom6877
DIS Veteran

Anyone know if the smores cupcake is back at Boardwalk Bakery? We're leaving in 2 weeks and my niece and I are on a cupcake mission!

8/1985, off-site; 8/1989, off-site; 5/1992, HS trip off-site; 5/1994, HS trip off-site; 7/2008, 1st family trip Pop Century; 7/2010, 1st DVC trip BWV; 7/2012, 2nd DVC trip BWV; 7/2014, next DVC trip
bangzoom6877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #581
MissDisney121
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure if the boardwalk bakery has the smores cupcake but roaring forks at the wilderness lodge has them when I was there less than a month ago.

MissDisney121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #582
psac
DIS Veteran

Contempo Cafe Update

Had a quick stay at the Beach Club last week, and none of their cupcakes looked particularly special, so I didn't try any. However, after a california grill dinner, we picked up cupcakes to go from Contempo Cafe. When we were there in April they had a Red Velvet, some yellow lemon cake (forget the exact name), and the super awesome caramel dos leches. When we went last week, they still had the red velvet, but the other two were replaced by a "strawberry lemonade" (Strawberry cake with strawberry-lemon icing with a piece of fresh strawberry on top, did not try it), and a chocolate peanut butter cup cupcake, which was chocolate cake, with peanut butter icing and a more intense peanut butter filling, with a fun size reese's on top.

I asked about the Caramel cupcake, and they called over the cupcake person, and I asked about the caramel cupcake I had in April, and he said he wasn't there in April, so he had no idea what I was talking about. The Reese's cupcake was very good, but not as good as the OMG caramel one. The Red Velvet is a solid red velvet, but not necessarily go out of your way for. In general the contempo cafe cupcakes are on the sweet side, which may be a good thing (for me) or a bad thing (my wife doesn't really like them.)

I guess things like this can make advanced cupcake planning difficult.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #583
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Holiday Cupcake

This is one of the best cupcakes I have ever had. It is the Holiday Cupcake, it came with our counterservice meal at Hollywood Studios Backlot Express. It is gingerbread cake with a cheesecake frosting. It was so good!!

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:20 PM   #584
GoofyontheHiSeas
Do you know the Nutmeg Man.. The king of whats left

Chocolate Peanut butter from Contempo Cafe

GoofyontheHiSeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #585
DisneyMomFanatic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyontheHiSeas View Post
Chocolate Peanut butter from Contempo Cafe

This looks so very yummy. My mouth is watering now!!!
Me, DH, & DS: Dec '99 off prop (parent's house), Nov '00 Contemporary, April '02 POR
Me, DH, DS, &DD:April '03 off prop (parent's house), April '05 off prop (parent's house), June '06 off prop (parent's house), August '07 POP, Dec '08/Jan '09 POP,August '10 Contemporary, August '12 AoA, July '14 POR

Where is the funnel cake?
DisneyMomFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: