Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #556
sweeteypie1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelmjfan View Post
Me too. The bacon makes it unappealing to me. It sounds like the monkey cupcake at Caribbean Beach that AGPrincess mentioned below is the same cupcake w/o the bacon. That would be a better option for me.
I loved the monkey cupcake! We stayed at CB over the summer. I wasnt expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised. Especially the frosting. YUM

This time...Port Orleans French Quarter

Ressies at Liberty Tree, Narcoossees, Tusker House Breakfast, Yak&Yeti, 50's Prime Time, HOB Gospel Brunch, Rose & Crown, Crystal Palace Breakfast, California Grill, San Angel Inn, Biergarten, Dine w/ Imagineer Brown Derby, Via Napoli, Kona Cafe,TT Dessert Party
sweeteypie1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #557
staceyhzoo
Mouseketeer

That poster if FAB!! I think I may have nibbled on my sceen...

Heck with food/wine countdown. I need a cupcake countdown!
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #558
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

I can not wait to get to Disney again to try some of these cupcakes! All of them look amazing!

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 06-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #559
imaprincez
Earning My Ears

Remember folks, cupcakes have no calories when on vacation ...one of the many reasons why Disney is so magical
2012- Caribbean Beach Resort
2013- ?????
imaprincez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:03 AM   #560
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaprincez View Post
Remember folks, cupcakes have no calories when on vacation ...one of the many reasons why Disney is so magical
Exactly.

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:17 PM   #561
dkostel
Future owner at CRV? VCR? I don't care lets call it Bob as long as it happens!
I have great appreciation for anything that can make me laugh when I'm out in 10 degree weather

Just got back from the World and had an amazing pineapple/coconut cupcake at Sunshine Seasons (sorry if already covered I searched thread for pineapple). I didn't take a picture, but I can tell you it was fabulous. Best cupcake I had on my trip by far!
Old 06-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #562
DisneyMomFanatic
DIS Veteran

Ok, so I accidentally found this thread, and now I am deliberately posting my plan.

We go at the end of August and are one the Deluxe Dining Plan. I know that we will be full from all the food, but I will at least nibble on a few of them. Our breakfast that we have planned for our DHS day is snack credits buying cupcakes. Not a breakfast I would normally allow, but when on vacation... gotta live a little on the edge and outside the box.

I have mine already picked out and the kids are now getting excited since I showed them this thread. they are like "Mom, you're really gonna let us have a cupcake for breakfast?", I was like "IN Disney, sure!!!" They were like "WOOHOO!!!!!"

We have never had any cupcakes in Disney besides the usual celebration ones that some restaurants give you when there is a birthday or something that you list on your ressie. Now I will begin to live the real cupcake life...
Me, DH, & DS: Dec '99 off prop (parent's house), Nov '00 Contemporary, April '02 POR
Me, DH, DS, &DD:April '03 off prop (parent's house), April '05 off prop (parent's house), June '06 off prop (parent's house), August '07 POP, Dec '08/Jan '09 POP,August '10 Contemporary, August '12 AoA, July '14 POR

Where is the funnel cake?
I found the funnel cake, now where is the chocolate covered pineapple?
DisneyMomFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #563
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Any other coconut cupcakes besides the ones they had at Easter? I love me some coconut cream
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #564
Sara1Babe
Mouseketeer

So excited we're planning a trip in Aug. A cupcake or two WILL BE MINE!!!!!!!!

Sara1Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #565
shalom
DIS Veteran

Another new cupcake, this one at the Art of Animation resort:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/0...rt-food-court/

It's a macaroon cupcake -- the almond kind, not coconut macaroon. I dunno -- I think I'm more excited by "The King" cupcake, myself. I think I don't get as excited about the ones with cookies on icing; I intellectually know the cookies get soft, but I'm always disappointed when they do!
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #566
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

Cupcakes from Art of Animation's Landscapes of Flavors

Oreo Mickey Mouse Cupcake:

Macaroon Cupcake:

Both pretty boring, but moist and sweet. Tasty, just rather plain.
BlovesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #567
MissDisney121
DIS Veteran

So I am just back from my trip and I was not able to try all of the cupcakes that I wanted to but I did get to a few. I tried the infamous Red Velvet cupcake from Hollywood Studios which was so delicious, I really liked the frosting. I also had the cappuccino cupcake and Darth Vader cupcake from there. As far as chocolate cupcakes go I liked the Darth Vader cupcake better, it had great peanut butter frosting. I also tried the vanilla caramel cupcake from the Germany pavilion and the smores cupcake from Wilderness lodge. I think that is all of them that I got to try and maybe next trip I can try more because they were all really good.

MissDisney121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #568
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

I caught on to the cupcakes last year but we only mangaged to try the ones at Starring Rolls....it was tough to convince DH that he HAD to have one as his dessert. We got the Red Velvet, PB chocolate and the Butterfinger. Red Velvet was the, hands down, winner. We also intended to go to the Contempo Cafe but never made it.....Dole Whip at the Poly won out that night. Real shame that we didn't get to try more....we were on the QSDP. Normally, we wouldn't get many desserts.

This year, thanks to this thread, we will have several new ones to attempt. I'm really hoping to get to visit AoA just to have a look around but after seeing 'The King'.....I'm sooooooo there.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #569
psac
DIS Veteran

Speaking of Contempo Cafe, I highly recommend the Dos Leches Caramel Cupcake. Yellow cake with a caramel frosting, hollowed out with some liquid caramel inside that oozes out like a molten lava cake. Super sweet, my wife hated it (too sweet), I thought it was the best dessert I had on the whole trip. I went back for another one later in the week.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #570
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlovesC View Post
You seriously need a cafe press store or something like that, because I would buy a poster of this in a heartbeat!

What a fun tool for a cupcake hunt! Man, I thought I'd covered around 80% of the Disney cupcakes, but this shows me that number is closer to 40%. Caribbean Beach Resort, really?! Well, cupcake hunting is a tough job but luckily we're all up for it, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeynutty View Post
If you do end up making a poster, I would love to buy one! It is so creative and colorful!
Just wanted to let you all know, thanks to your brilliant suggestions, the "Cupcakes of WDW" graphic is now available as a poster in my etsy shop! I don't think I'm allowed to post the link, since I'm selling it, but my etsy id is in my signature, or feel free to PM me!

Those Art of Animation cupcakes are so cute, what a pity they're not more exciting!
AGPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: