Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2011, 05:15 PM   #301
bangzoom6877
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobrosmom View Post
I was actually thinking of skipping HS on our next trip....now I'm not so sure. May have to make a trip over just to get a Butterfinger cupcake!
We'll be staying at our DVC home, BWV...and I will have an AP. I will probably boat it over to DHS every day!

8/1985, off-site; 8/1989, off-site; 5/1992, HS trip off-site; 5/1994, HS trip off-site; 7/2008, 1st family trip Pop Century; 7/2010, 1st DVC trip BWV; 7/2012, 2nd DVC trip BWV; 7/2014, next DVC trip
bangzoom6877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:30 PM   #302
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangzoom6877 View Post
We'll be staying at our DVC home, BWV...and I will have an AP. I will probably boat it over to DHS every day!
Heck, cupcakes is one major reason for buying PH!

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Marblies is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2011, 05:46 PM   #303
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
I'm prepared with 4 Cup-A-Cake containers and 2 Tupperware Cupcake containers...LOL My husband has threatened to have me committed but we always have leftover cupcakes and then 20-30 minutes after we leave the bakery we regret throwing our leftovers away LOL I saw the Cupcake containers with the little prongs inside that hold the cupcake in place and they snap closed.....figured it would be PERFECT for storing a leftover cupcake or two in our bags without making a mess and without having to shove it in a ziplock.
if you buy your cupcakes (and yes, they ahve the same cupcakes as they sell at starring rolls) at disney quest they pack them in these type of containers. last trip i bought a cupcake at staring rolls and they packed it in a chinese take out box type container. i wanted to take it home with me the next day to dh. that evening i stopped at disney quest and bought the same cupcake in the cupcake container to take home to dh. brought them both home but the one in the cupcake container made it the best. it was pretty much perfect when i got it home and i flew.
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:09 PM   #304
bangzoom6877
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblies View Post
Heck, cupcakes is one major reason for buying PH!

And they are also a great reason for staying at BWV! I was looking at some of the pics of the cupcakes from Boardwalk Bakery...I may not need to go to DHS any extra times...we're already going there twice on next summer's trip! My niece will be with us one of the days (she'll be 11 by then)...she is obsessed with cupcakes, even cupcake jewelry! I told her about this thread, and the various types of cupcakes at WDW...I will have to make sure to bring her to Starring Rolls. And...she and her sister, my sister and my parents are all staying at the Dolphin, so we will also have to make sure to get to Boardwalk Bakery together and get some cupcakes! I told her she is my cupcake buddy!

8/1985, off-site; 8/1989, off-site; 5/1992, HS trip off-site; 5/1994, HS trip off-site; 7/2008, 1st family trip Pop Century; 7/2010, 1st DVC trip BWV; 7/2012, 2nd DVC trip BWV; 7/2014, next DVC trip
bangzoom6877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:49 PM   #305
moonpie85
DIS Veteran

So many cupcakes...so little snack credits
October 2011- Pop Adoption Celebration Trip
December 2013- Pop Holiday Palooza

Me DH DD3 Pommie Weenie

moonpie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:52 PM   #306
Cupcake Princess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpie85 View Post
Ain't that the truth!

We did it! We bought Paradise!
Cupcake Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:12 PM   #307
GoofyontheHiSeas
Do you know the Nutmeg Man.. The king of whats left

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink,too View Post
Those are the most awesome examples of food photography my eyes have ever encountered!

Can't wait to try one of those "calorie free" treats next Easter.
Thank you!!

I now examples of each of these have been posted before but I thought I would post my versions. Never can have enough cupcakes now can we.

Butterfingers-Starring Rolls

Red Velvet-Starring Rolls

Chocolate Peanut Butter-Starring Rolls

Carrot Cake-Roaring Fork WL

GoofyontheHiSeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:26 PM   #308
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpie85 View Post
and next year will be tougher when they take away a snack credit from QSDP - guess we'll be eating more sandwiches at Starring Rolls to get cupcakes as dessert! Funny how much better they taste as a credit rather than paying $3.95 plus tax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyontheHiSeas View Post
Thank you!!

I now examples of each of these have been posted before but I thought I would post my versions. Never can have enough cupcakes now can we.
[/IMG]
Drool, slobber, yummmmmmm. All my favorites in one post - wicked!

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Marblies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:39 PM   #309
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Many more yummy things to write down on my list of yummy things to try on our trip next year...

Drool...
Drool...
Drool...
Old 08-28-2011, 07:45 PM   #310
brobrosmom
DIS Veteran

What's on the outside of the red velvet cupcakes? My husband says they look like some sort of nut but I wasn't sure about that.

brobrosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:25 PM   #311
SPOERLX3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What's on the outside of the red velvet cupcakes? My husband says they look like some sort of nut but I wasn't sure about that.

chocolate toffee bits.......like a crushed up heath bar. YUM!!!! My favorite but have to get there early, try to be there before 2 csince they run out and then you have to dream about them all night
Old 08-28-2011, 08:44 PM   #312
mickey2minnie1
DIS Veteran

I wish they could ship them. I want the butterfingers one right now.
June 2010 3 nights at the Poly w/ DH
Oct/Nov 2009 8 nights at the Poly GVCL
Oct/Nov 2007 9 nights at the Poly

Me DH DS 16 DS 13 DD 11 Sebastian 5
mickey2minnie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:50 PM   #313
srauchbauer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
I'm prepared with 4 Cup-A-Cake containers and 2 Tupperware Cupcake containers...LOL My husband has threatened to have me committed but we always have leftover cupcakes and then 20-30 minutes after we leave the bakery we regret throwing our leftovers away LOL I saw the Cupcake containers with the little prongs inside that hold the cupcake in place and they snap closed.....figured it would be PERFECT for storing a leftover cupcake or two in our bags without making a mess and without having to shove it in a ziplock.
what a great idea, putting cupcakes in a ziplock is way to messy. Where did you find the wonderful find?
Disney Cruise 2012 (Wonder, Fantasy), 2013 (Wonder)
srauchbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:56 PM   #314
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

I looked those containers up on Amazon. The size that they are listed under seems a bit too small for the cupcakes at Starring Rolls. Can you get them in different sizes somewhere else? I think it said they were like 2 1/2" by 2 3/4". My starring rolls cupcake was probably 4" high. (I think at least)

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
LOVEMY3KIDDOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:46 PM   #315
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Quote:
OMG....Thank you so much for posting this. Never heard of a Cup-A-Cake but now I will be on the hunt! Where do they sell them?

You can find them on Amazon or you can buy them directly from Cup-A-Cake http://cupacake.com/shop.asp and they take Paypal so that was nice. They have a 4 pack special on their ordering page, all light blue, for 7.99 plus shipping, 5.80. They also have other colors and sets, as long as you keep it under 9.99 the shipping stays the same. They shipped pretty quickly and I liked them better than the Range Kleen ones that open from the top (hard to get a cupcake out from the top without getting icing everywhere LOL). The tupperware ones I got from eBay....they are discontinued or something I think? They are cute...but I may have to cut (aka: eat) some of the icing off the top of the larger cupcakes to get them to fit.

Can't wait to pull out a cupcake at a parade or after lunch and have my husband tell me how crazy I am then....yea, well you can't have a bit of my leftover cupcake LOL

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: