Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2011, 12:24 AM   #196
OhdahLolly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy View Post
Jumping in on this thread a little late. My observations from my trip two weeks ago:

Butterfinger cupcake from DHS: Yum! Yes, one person can eat the whole thing, and I did it for breakfast. I will say that I didn't feel so great for a few hours after that - LOL! The only thing that would have made it better is if wasn't served quite so cold. It makes it a little hard to eat.

Oreo Bon Bon cupcake from Boardwalk Bakery: Biggest dessert disappointment from my trip. They don't use real icing but some sort of whipped cream ickiness. There was a tasteless blob of something in the middle of the cupcake which had no flavor whatsoever. Two soggy oreos stuck in the whipped cream ickiness. I ended up throwing half of it away. Trust me, I love my sweets, and I hardly ever throw away any part of a dessert. Now, if you really don't like sweet icing, then you will probably love this cupcake.

Strawberry cupcake from Contempo Cafe: OMG, this was a little piece of heaven. Strawberry buttercream (yes, it was sweet!) and even some real pieces of strawberry in the middle of the cupcake. I hope this one isn't seasonal, because I will definitely make a special trip back there this fall just for this cupcake alone!
Thank you for telling me that! I am so not a fan of whipped cream type of icing, and would have been way disappointed even if it was covered with oreo!!

Now if anyone can confirm how the new smores cupcake tastes.....

Poly/2011

OhdahLolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:41 AM   #197
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

We just got back a week ago from Disney and I had a few cupcakes myself while I was there. I didn't take pictures but we tried the Star Wars cupcakes at the Back Lot Express and they were really good. It was a chocolate cupcake with chocolate & peanut butter icing. I hate peanut butter so I ate around it but the chocolate was great!

Then we tried a cupcake from Staring Rolls. I just had a regular yellow cake with butter cream icing because they were out of my favorite white chocolate. It was good, but I had to let it sit for a few minutes because it was to cold to eat.

Later in the week I had another cupcake from the little bakery by Staring Rolls. This time I had a chocolate and it was yummy.

Several places that we had dinner gave my DD a small cupcake because we were celebrating her graduation. I tasted one and they were not the best in the world.

Out of all of my cupcakes that week, the one I crave right now is the Star Wars cupcake because the chocolate part was delicious!

My cupcake regret. I wish I had tried a strawberry cupcake from the Contemporary. It looks amazing!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2011, 01:17 PM   #198
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Starring Rolls Bakery DHS - SWW

Darth Vader cupcake- dark chocolate with a white chocolate Darth Vader topper. The frosting was chocolate with a layer of peanut butter under and the cake had a chocolate-peanut butter fudgy center.
jegsnakkernorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:19 PM   #199
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Starring Rolls Bakery DHS - SWW

I had the marble cupcake which had a white butter cream frosting surrounding a chocolate fudge center, for the cake part it had vanilla cake surrounding a chocolate cake core. It was fabulous. These are cupcakes you eat with a knife and fork! They are massive!

jegsnakkernorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:48 PM   #200
sunshineNJ
DIS Veteran

Can you get the Butterfinger cupcake anywhere else besides Starring Rolls. Starring Rolls is always so crowded. What about Writers Stop? thanks
sunshineNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:28 PM   #201
MsPlutoNJ
Aca-awkward

I'm so glad I am not the only cupcake addict out there.

Wow, these pics are awesome. I just have to share my Main Street Bakery cupcake story. So, my first solo visit, about four years ago. I stumble upon the cupcakes in MSB and I get one. So started the beginning of my obsession with the very big, very good cupcakes (that were considered a snack). Anyways, about two days later, at 6:30 p.m., on a night that MVMCP was going to start at 7:00, I took the monorail over to MK, to get another cupcake, and was reminded that MK would be closing early. I assured the woman I was only there for a cupcake and would be right out. And, I was. And, on my way out of MK (cupcake in hand) a man on the street seemed to be staring at me walking down the street. I stopped and said, You're staring at my cupcake, aren't you? And, he said, Yes, I was. We both laughed. I jumped on a bus back to my hotel, only to find out that the bus was mostly full. And,now another man, offered me his seat, for my cupcake. Needless to say, I stood the whole bus ride back.

Nobody better lay a finger on my cupcake.

Oh, and that strawberry shortcake is all mine come November (enter Evil Queen laugh here).

TRIPS TO WDW: Ft Wilderness, '84; Ft Wilderness, Aug. '86; CB, Aug. '96; ASM, June '05; ASM, Dec. '07; ASM, Oct. '08; Pop, March '09; Dis Wonder w/ 2 days at Pop, Jan. '10; Pop, Oct. '10; Pop, Nov. '11; Pop, Dec. '12; & Pop, Dec. '13.
MsPlutoNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:47 PM   #202
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

I was looking at the cake thread bit there is just 2 of us so this will work even better and I can have one every day!
CruznLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:08 PM   #203
Faline
Mouseketeer

Monkey cupcake

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...2&postcount=43
This is a link to a picture of the monkey cupcake which looks fabulous. I have to try that next time.
Faline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:58 AM   #204
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Wow that Monkey Cupcake looks yumma, DF would love that what with it having bananas in
Stefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:45 AM   #205
pussicat1
Earning My Ears

Strongly agree! This monkey cupcake looks delicious, I can't wait, I think I am gonna try it at home, it must not be soo difficult... Cause I am not just a cupcake lover, I am a maker!
pussicat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:57 AM   #206
doclegler
DIS Veteran

We got 2 Star Wars cupcakes as dessert at Pizza Planet last week. Wasn't all that impressed with the peanut butter layer. Kind of weird for me. Guess the chocolate was good though.
I absolutely LOVED the marble, red velvet, and butterfinger cupcakes at Starring Rolls though (yes, shared them all with my boys!) for breakfast!!
doclegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #207
Snurk71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineNJ View Post
Can you get the Butterfinger cupcake anywhere else besides Starring Rolls. Starring Rolls is always so crowded. What about Writers Stop? thanks
Only currently available at Starring Rolls.

We've never had a bad there, by the way. The place is so small that even if it's crowded, the wait shouldn't be that long. You can't fit more than about 20 people shoulder to shoulder in there.
Snurk71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #208
ilike2decor8
Earning My Ears

Just how BIG are these?

We are going in Sept for the first time with free dining.We never normally get snacks so this is all new to me. I would like to get one of these cupcakes " to go". I think someone mentioned that they don't have closing to go containers.I was going to bring some plastic storage containers to put them in. How big of a container would I need? ( how high, how wide approx ?)
Thanks
ilike2decor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:12 PM   #209
DisGal520
surviver of Hurricane Charley @ WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilike2decor8 View Post
We are going in Sept for the first time with free dining.We never normally get snacks so this is all new to me. I would like to get one of these cupcakes " to go". I think someone mentioned that they don't have closing to go containers.I was going to bring some plastic storage containers to put them in. How big of a container would I need? ( how high, how wide approx ?)
Thanks
I don't know which shop or restaurant you are referring to. At Starring Rolls in DHS I always request and get mine to go in a clear plastic "clam shell" type container.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:08 AM   #210
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Anyone heard/seen the burger and fries cupcake at the Main St Bakery? Disneyfoodblog posted about it, is kinda strange when you first read about it, but it is a little cute too

The burger buns are cake, the meat is brownie and the fries are cookies with cinnamon sprinkled on them.
Stefy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: