Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2011, 07:01 AM   #1456
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Doesn't it just make you kind of mad now...but who would've ever even known about ebay back then. (or at least back then for me )
Yeah, I'm still bummed about it, cause we've passed on the Star Wars bug to my son and he would be over the moon if he had all of my old toys.

Even though the brown hair was worn off of Leia's cinnamon bun 'do, she was still my favorite!

Love the BBB pics! The princess looks so grown up!

I can't wait to see who your server is at CRT. We know someone from up here that moved to FLA several years ago and she works there.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #1457
shelbecat
Earning My Ears

Love all of your cruise info. I read all of the posts you linked at the beginning - great way to get all the info without having to scroll forever!

We are on the Dream in August and I finally understand the boarding process from all of your pics and description. Glad you had a great time - we are getting excited for ours now!

2008: POP; 2009: CBR; 2010: POFQ (MNSSHP); 2011: DCL Dream/CSR; 2013: DCL Fantasy
MagicalTrips.ca ...make your next vacation magical!
shelbecat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #1458
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Yeah, I'm still bummed about it, cause we've passed on the Star Wars bug to my son and he would be over the moon if he had all of my old toys.

Even though the brown hair was worn off of Leia's cinnamon bun 'do, she was still my favorite!

Love the BBB pics! The princess looks so grown up!

I can't wait to see who your server is at CRT. We know someone from up here that moved to FLA several years ago and she works there.
We had Gustuvo....which is who we had last time as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbecat View Post
Love all of your cruise info. I read all of the posts you linked at the beginning - great way to get all the info without having to scroll forever!

We are on the Dream in August and I finally understand the boarding process from all of your pics and description. Glad you had a great time - we are getting excited for ours now!

Thanks so much for joining in. I am glad I helped answer some questions and gave a bit of an idea what goes on when boarding. You will have a ball!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:53 AM   #1459
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

For those who have been there, you know you see Cinderella in the lobby first. Since we were just making it to that seating, we didnít have to wait for Cinderella at all.
Claire went right up to her long lost sister.

We then headed upstairs and were seated at the last table in the line upÖright next to the doorway.

We had Gustuvo again. (sp?) He was very friendly, but I think he was a bit more forgetful this time. He did seem really busy too.
We made our orders.

Dad wasnít too hungry for some reason, but he still ordered something too.

The appetizers came out pretty fast.

Soon it was time for the wishing ceremony. They did not do this last time we were here. I donít know if that was the norm back then when they used to have the Fairy Godmother for dinner or if we were in just so late that they didnít do it.

Claire took her wishing seriously

Snow White was near us and danced a little during the ceremony.

Soon after the ceremony Snow White made it to our table. We were very UN impressed with her. She talked a very high pitched baby talk. I have met a few Snow Whites in the pastÖand NONE talked like this. My Mom was about to start laughing right then and there and I was holding back my chuckles.

Claire liked her though because she kissed her autograph book and made big red lips in it.

Ariel was next. She had a baby voice too, but not nearly as bad. But I still found it weird.

Old 07-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #1460
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I think my favorite picture of the bunch is the one of Claire making her wish during the Wishing Ceremony. Like you said, she was taking it very seriously. You aren't the first person who said that Snow White and Ariel talked like a baby. I've read that in a couple of reports.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:47 AM   #1461
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I think my favorite picture of the bunch is the one of Claire making her wish during the Wishing Ceremony. Like you said, she was taking it very seriously. You aren't the first person who said that Snow White and Ariel talked like a baby. I've read that in a couple of reports.
I love that picture too.
I thought it was weird...almost comical how they talked.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:07 AM   #1462
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I love the pic of Claire making her wish...she is so into it.

Is it just me, or are the "selection" of princesses not what it used to be? Some of them don't even come close to looking like the princesses like they used to in my opinion.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:19 AM   #1463
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

What great pictures! As everyone have said... the one of Claire wishing is priceless. As for the voices... I just assumed it was something Snow White did. I think we have ONLY had Snow Whites who talked like that. Of course... on our spring 2010 trip.. we had one who not only talked like that... but was a bit spacey too. She asked dd if dd knew about all of her friends the dwarfs... and then proceeded (in her squeaky voice) to attempt to list her friends. It made dh She listed one and then another and... another... and started.. to... forget. In the end covered it up by saying, quite enthusiastically something to the effect of "and the rest of them". yes, I think Kathy is right... maybe the princesses are not quite the caliber that they may have once been.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:23 AM   #1464
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Since we were just making it to that seating, we didnít have to wait for Cinderella at all.
Claire went right up to her long lost sister.
I love it. My momma said similar about me at the Halloween party last year. She said the way I chatted to the princesses and the smile it brought was like I was meeting up with long lost friends or something!
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:45 PM   #1465
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I love the pic of Claire making her wish...she is so into it.

Is it just me, or are the "selection" of princesses not what it used to be? Some of them don't even come close to looking like the princesses like they used to in my opinion.
I agree...some are not so pretty anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
What great pictures! As everyone have said... the one of Claire wishing is priceless. As for the voices... I just assumed it was something Snow White did. I think we have ONLY had Snow Whites who talked like that. Of course... on our spring 2010 trip.. we had one who not only talked like that... but was a bit spacey too. She asked dd if dd knew about all of her friends the dwarfs... and then proceeded (in her squeaky voice) to attempt to list her friends. It made dh She listed one and then another and... another... and started.. to... forget. In the end covered it up by saying, quite enthusiastically something to the effect of "and the rest of them". yes, I think Kathy is right... maybe the princesses are not quite the caliber that they may have once been.
This was just the worst. I guess because it sounded so fake, that might've been part of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
I love it. My momma said similar about me at the Halloween party last year. She said the way I chatted to the princesses and the smile it brought was like I was meeting up with long lost friends or something!
Aww.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:51 PM   #1466
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

The pictures of the Cinderella twins are awesome! But then you knew I'd like those, right???? That costume really is so pretty!

So I know you're leaving again soon, but any thoughts about when you'll be able to get back again with your own little princess in tow?
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:34 PM   #1467
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

I was SOOOOOOOOOOO far behind, but am all caught up!

Thanks for posting so many photos of Claire's princess transformation and especially the reveal! How cute!

Guess I WOULD have laughed hearing the princesses baby voices! And now that I am all caught up ........ please continue!

BTW - got your PM and will answer as soon as I can find Tom's number!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:32 PM   #1468
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
The pictures of the Cinderella twins are awesome! But then you knew I'd like those, right???? That costume really is so pretty!

So I know you're leaving again soon, but any thoughts about when you'll be able to get back again with your own little princess in tow?
I hope soon, but right now I am trying...hoping to go on a 5 night Dream next March. my mom also wants to go. If we do, we may also go to Universal and skip WDW altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I was SOOOOOOOOOOO far behind, but am all caught up!

Thanks for posting so many photos of Claire's princess transformation and especially the reveal! How cute!

Guess I WOULD have laughed hearing the princesses baby voices! And now that I am all caught up ........ please continue!

BTW - got your PM and will answer as soon as I can find Tom's number!
I'm trying to pump out the updates so I can at least get closer to being done before I leave! It's still not going as fast as I hoped. And we are gone all day tomorrow. I have one more ready to post and then I'll get working on the next!
Old 07-15-2011, 04:13 PM   #1469
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Claire is so pretty with Cinderella! Her dress looks so nice!

So did you enjoy the food. The last time we went it wasn't that great. They really need to improve in that category since they charge so much to go there.

I've also heard others complain about the baby talk.
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:23 PM   #1470
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Claire is so pretty with Cinderella! Her dress looks so nice!

So did you enjoy the food. The last time we went it wasn't that great. They really need to improve in that category since they charge so much to go there.

I've also heard others complain about the baby talk.
No the food got worse. It was pretty decent in 09, but they changed the menu and it was not that great at all.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: