Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2011, 12:04 PM   #1426
pjstevens
Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder for our 25th!
Now the proud grandparents of Isabella Grace

I love her expressions in the reveal and those caught in the mirror are priceless. Can't wait for our granddaughter's first trip!
Our First Trip HOME (May 09) DFTW VR (Sept 08) Christmas 2007 August 2007
Off-site 1992; off-site 1999 (w/o the kids) off-site 2000; All Star Movies 2005; Pop 2006; Pop Aug-2007; All Star Music suites Dec 2007; DFTW – DCL – Pop 2008; Pop – Jan 2009; AKV – May 2009; Grand Californian Aug 2009; BWV – Jan 2010; AKV Dec 2010; AKV – Jan 2011; Disney Dream/AKV Sep 2011; Dec 2011 AKV; Magic-Canada June 2012; Fantasy-Eastern Carribean December 2012; SSR August 2013; Wonder-Alaska June 2014
pjstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:54 PM   #1427
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Claire looks so happy & Princess-esy! (yes, thats a word!) I supose if the girls can't look in a mirror, it would be a big suprise!

Kadence just looked through and with a big gasp, said " she's so beautiful"
She askes me, how much does that cost? Can I do that on our next trip?

I may have to seriously look into it for Sept. I mean how much longer is she going to be in the princess stage. She's 7 now, by the time we go in late 2012/ early 2013 she'll be 9! She just might think she's too old
My DDs were just turned 10 and about to turn 8 when we did it in March and they LOVED it. I also thought that would be our last chance - especially with DD10. My younger DD thought it was so cool that a little boy said to his mom - Look, there's Belle!! They both enjoyed the extra attention for sure!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2011, 05:49 PM   #1428
Tinkerbellcrafter
DH & DD getting tagged by Dreammakers after me!!

Absolutely,, DO IT!! Claire looked so pretty! My dd 11 is past that dress up stage for princess. She won't go near them or stand in line for autographs, nothing. The opportunity goes by way too fast and I'm glad that we got it done when she was 8.

1983 Disneyland, 1985 - offsite, WL-9/1995(Honeymoon), CB-09/04, VWL-7/05, WL-9/05(10th Anniversary), POR-2/06, OKW-8/06, CB-12/06, BWV-5/07, OKW-7/07, POR-12/07, SSR- 4/08, OKW- 8/08, SSR- 12/08, VB/AKV- 2/09, THV- 6/09, BCV-10/09, SSR-12/09, AKV-3/10, Fort Wilderness/VB/Disney Wonder/WL 8/10 to 9/10-15th Anniversary, Adult only SSR-12/10, The Fort-3/11, FW/DDream/BWV-9/11, FtWilderness 12/11, Treehouse villas5/2012, WL, DisneyDream & AKV 9/2012, AKV/SSR 12/2013
Tinkerbellcrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:25 PM   #1429
hardingk
DVC Member since 2007 AKV & BLT

Quote:
Claire looks so happy & Princess-esy! (yes, thats a word!) I supose if the girls can't look in a mirror, it would be a big suprise!

I may have to seriously look into it for Sept. I mean how much longer is she going to be in the princess stage. She's 7 now, by the time we go in late 2012/ early 2013 she'll be 9! She just might think she's too old
Do it!!!
WDW:7/14 BLT, VBR & POP, 8/13 BLT, 7/13 AKVK, 6/3 BWV, 12/12 AKVK, 11/12 BLT, 9/12 AKVJ, 2/12 AKVJ, 12/11 SSR, 11/11 AKV, 10/11 BLT & VWL, 9/11 AKVJ, 3/11 VBR & AKVK, 8/10 AKVK, 7/10 POFQ, 5/10 AKVK, 1/10 AKVJ, 12/09 OKW, 11/09 AKVK, 9/09 BLT, 8/09 POP, 5/09 AKVK, 1/09 AKVJ, 12/08 AKVJ, 11/08 OKW, 04/08 SSR, 9/07 WL, 8/07 CBR, 7/07 SSR & POP, 05/07 POR, 4/07 CSR, 5/05 CSR, 1/03 AS Sports, 7/90 CR, 7/86 POLY, 7/83 CR, 7/79. DLR: 7/11 PPH & VGC, 7/09 GCH, 3/07 DCL: 9/11 Dream, 8/12 Magic, 9/12 Fantasy, 2/13 B2B Wonder, 12/13 Dream
Cast: Me , DH , DD
hardingk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:09 PM   #1430
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Ahhhhhhhhhh.......... SO pretty! Aren't you glad you got to do this again??? I mean even with limited park time.......... the park will still be there years from now. But this chance goes SO fast. I'm really surprised Katie still wants to go. For most, it's over much sooner........

Which leads me to Carey.........

Yep. Do it NOW! You will absolutely regret it later if you don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
My DDs were just turned 10 and about to turn 8 when we did it in March and they LOVED it. I also thought that would be our last chance - especially with DD10. My younger DD thought it was so cool that a little boy said to his mom - Look, there's Belle!! They both enjoyed the extra attention for sure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellcrafter View Post
Absolutely,, DO IT!! Claire looked so pretty! My dd 11 is past that dress up stage for princess. She won't go near them or stand in line for autographs, nothing. The opportunity goes by way too fast and I'm glad that we got it done when she was 8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardingk View Post
Do it!!!
Ok, I'm calling tomorrow! KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:04 PM   #1431
BelleTinkMom
DIS Veteran

Claire's BBB pics are great! Sorry I've been MIA for awhile. Summer has just been so busy. I'm trying to catch up.

Alll your photos are great. I'm taking a couple of classes on learning to use my camera. I did one already and learned so much.
I am nuts....for bringing the in-laws-a May/June 2011 TR. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post41825167
BelleTinkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:32 PM   #1432
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
You know, boys are expensive too. My son was always costing me money. He wanted toys that were always more expensive than basic dolss like you buy girls. LOL! And he broke a lot of stuff.

I actually tried to talk Claire into pirates league, but she wouldn't go for it. I told her they had a girly pirate and she still said no.
Max cost me a fortune in Legos. He had to have all those big expensive sets, and the Lego Mindstorm and he built all the city sets and has a set up in his room that looks just like Main Street in the MK complete with crowd waiting for parade!! Other than Legos though, he really has been a low maintenance kid. Boys scouts, even all the way through Eagle wasn't really very expensive compared to what friends paid for other activities that Max wasn't into such as non-scout related sports.

I can NOT convince Heidi to do the BBB. She screams when I have to put her hair up in a bun for ballet recitals. I showed her Claire's picture too. I think if they offered a Rapunzel package with maybe a braid down her back and lots of flowers (without any putting up in a bun) then she probably would go for it. She has waist length blond hair, so she looks more like Rapunzel even though she's Tinkerbell sized.

Mindy5767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:23 AM   #1433
HeyyCali
Earning My Ears

Your TR is so inspiring! I am just starting to read up on cruises and now I have my heart set on a Disney cruise! You guys look like you're having so much fun! My DS is only 2 so I think we'll wait a little longer, but, hey...a girl can dream, right?
HeyyCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:36 AM   #1434
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Aww her expression is just priceless You got some great photo memories there
Stefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:57 AM   #1435
Beth D
DIS Veteran

I LOVE the one with the caption "I'm A Character". She's got this little grin like she's got a secret that nobody else knows.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:41 AM   #1436
coneygoil
Mouseketeer

Claire looks so pretty I too do not like the hair bubble. It's just blah. I hope if my Cady ever does the BBB that she'll pick the other hairstyle. It's more appealing!

Was the FGMT better this time? I remember you said in your last TR that she wasn't all that great.

Zorro Gets The Ladies (10-2-09 MNSSHP)
Hopping a Plane Alone with a Toddler...Yep, I'm Crazy (Jan. '13 TR)
Cast Member Appreciation! In memory of Mr. Bob who worked on Main Street USA
coneygoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:47 AM   #1437
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toria View Post
She just looks gorgeous!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Claire looks amazing in her princess gear!
Thanks.

Quote:

You have to take her. She will LOVE it! I agree. I don't know when we wil lbe back and if Claire will want to do it then either, so I thought I better grab this chance...it may have been our last one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Ahhhhhhhhhh.......... SO pretty! Aren't you glad you got to do this again??? I mean even with limited park time.......... the park will still be there years from now. But this chance goes SO fast. I'm really surprised Katie still wants to go. For most, it's over much sooner........

Which leads me to Carey.........

Yep. Do it NOW! You will absolutely regret it later if you don't.
I am so glad I did it. At first I kept thinking we would never have enough time...but then I thought, I know how much she loves this, and I started seeing other little girls being done on different TR's and I got sad. It was so worth it to see her little smiles and all night she felt so special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBetsy View Post
I love the reveal! Claire looks so happy!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I smiled all the way through the reveal. Claire looked so excited and I can't blame her. She looks so pretty!
Thanks Lisa. I smiled a lot too. She was very happy with it.She knows this is something special to do and she really enjoys it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjstevens View Post
I love her expressions in the reveal and those caught in the mirror are priceless. Can't wait for our granddaughter's first trip!
Thanks. It makes me so happoy to watch her face light up like that. Al lthat Mom Love pours out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I love all the attention they get after too. Claire walks around like she's the only princess in the park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellcrafter View Post
I know what you mena..Do it while you can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardingk View Post
Do it!!!

Quote:
Let us know..... I know she will love it and you won't regret it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleTinkMom View Post
Claire's BBB pics are great! Sorry I've been MIA for awhile. Summer has just been so busy. I'm trying to catch up.

Alll your photos are great. I'm taking a couple of classes on learning to use my camera. I did one already and learned so much.
Thats OK. I try to get on every day and I am stil lbehind on all my subscribed threads. It's hard to keep up. And I wil lbe busy the rest of the day too.
I took a few classes as well in the past and it does really help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy5767 View Post
Max cost me a fortune in Legos. He had to have all those big expensive sets, and the Lego Mindstorm and he built all the city sets and has a set up in his room that looks just like Main Street in the MK complete with crowd waiting for parade!! Other than Legos though, he really has been a low maintenance kid. Boys scouts, even all the way through Eagle wasn't really very expensive compared to what friends paid for other activities that Max wasn't into such as non-scout related sports.

I can NOT convince Heidi to do the BBB. She screams when I have to put her hair up in a bun for ballet recitals. I showed her Claire's picture too. I think if they offered a Rapunzel package with maybe a braid down her back and lots of flowers (without any putting up in a bun) then she probably would go for it. She has waist length blond hair, so she looks more like Rapunzel even though she's Tinkerbell sized.
Michael was very expensive too. He always wanted every video game out there. We did have a lot of legos, but luckily we had a lot saved from when I was a kid, so that helped keep some of the cost down. We still have most of them for Claire now too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyyCali View Post
Your TR is so inspiring! I am just starting to read up on cruises and now I have my heart set on a Disney cruise! You guys look like you're having so much fun! My DS is only 2 so I think we'll wait a little longer, but, hey...a girl can dream, right?
Welcome to Dis and thanks so much for reading. I think you will have fun with him at any age. So go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Aww her expression is just priceless You got some great photo memories there
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
I LOVE the one with the caption "I'm A Character". She's got this little grin like she's got a secret that nobody else knows.
I love those little grins too.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:54 AM   #1438
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by coneygoil View Post
Claire looks so pretty I too do not like the hair bubble. It's just blah. I hope if my Cady ever does the BBB that she'll pick the other hairstyle. It's more appealing!

Was the FGMT better this time? I remember you said in your last TR that she wasn't all that great.
YES! She was much better. more friendly and looked liek she enjoyed her job. I think she did a better job on the hair as well. I know it was in tighter..which is good and bad.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:24 AM   #1439
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Let us know..... I know she will love it and you won't regret it.

I did it! We have an appt! Details on my TR. I can not wait!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:09 PM   #1440
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Seeing photos like those of Claire is when my girl envy kicks in! If I had a daughter she would have been so spoiled!!
I still have the boys Legos in the closet along with some other things.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: