Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2011, 06:26 PM   #1411
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMouseCD524 View Post
I just found your trip report and love it I've read every entry. Your DD is so cute, and I must agree with you on the cotton candy puff whenever we go I talk my nieces out of it all the time.
Thanks so much for joining in! I don't know why they think the bouffant do looks good, but try as I might they won't make it spikey for me. But the important thing is that Claire loves it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Aww bless she looks so adorable A little Princess
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBetsy View Post
Yay, I've finally caught up. I love the pictures with Tiana and Naveen, they are so cute! And Claire looks absolutely adorable as a princess!
Thanks. She loves to be a princess so it's my job to document the whole thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardingk View Post
She looks amazing!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjstevens View Post
Claire looks beautiful!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellcrafter View Post
Great TR! Love the BBB sequence! We did BBB for Dd and she brought her own Tinkerbell outfit. I am so glad they let you do that instead of having to buy the whole thing. If you can ever get her to do Pirate's League, that is so much fun, DH, Dd and I have been there. You can also reuse many of the supplies to dress up again later.
I prefer to bring our own as well. In 2008 we had an appointment and I bought the Aurora dress a few days prior for her to wear. (I loved that dress back then, which they no longer make). But my mistake was making the appointment for the last day and Claire was so tired and cranky and only 3, that when we got there she cried and we ended up not doing it. I wasn't going to force her. Of course she regretted it afterwards. In 2009 we brought our own dress and I loved how special she felt. She almost got a little more attention for having a unique dress.
We have since sold that dress and the Aurora, both to the same person and she is taking her grandaughter in a few weeks. It was sad to sell them, but I know they will get great use and make special memories for her as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Such great BBB pictures! The photographer did a great job. I agree the blonde is much better than the pink! And not gonna lie when I saw the "bubble" I was totally thinking of your last TR when you said you hate the bubble look! She looks great though!
I tried to persuade her to go with blonde before we went...and thank goodness she listened.
At least the blond bubble didn't look EXACTLY like cotton candy.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:41 PM   #1412
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I have been waiting to see your bbb pics. Omg...amazing! That dress is beyond beautiful. I have a dress for my dd... But I am not sure I want to use it... I keep thinking it needs to be an "official" wdw dress. Yours isn't , right? I think it looks way better than the Disney ones I have been seeing. Claire is quite the princess...and while I agree with you on the puff ball... It really is cute on her , which also makes me realize that if my dd goes with it....it probably will be fine.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2011, 08:54 PM   #1413
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Great BBB pictures!!!
What a beautiful little princess you have!!!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:12 PM   #1414
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Awwww, what a beautiful little princess Claire is! I hope BBB stays around for a few more years because I am determined to take my niece there when she gets old enough!
Old 07-11-2011, 06:57 AM   #1415
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I have been waiting to see your bbb pics. Omg...amazing! That dress is beyond beautiful. I have a dress for my dd... But I am not sure I want to use it... I keep thinking it needs to be an "official" wdw dress. Yours isn't , right? I think it looks way better than the Disney ones I have been seeing. Claire is quite the princess...and while I agree with you on the puff ball... It really is cute on her , which also makes me realize that if my dd goes with it....it probably will be fine.
Thanks. No my dress is not official. I have come to like the dresses that are NOT official. It kind of makes your child more unique and stand out. I think the only park official one we had was the Tiana dress we had on the cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Great BBB pictures!!!
What a beautiful little princess you have!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Awwww, what a beautiful little princess Claire is! I hope BBB stays around for a few more years because I am determined to take my niece there when she gets old enough!
I think it wil lbe. It still seems to be pretty popular.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:59 AM   #1416
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Time for the Big reveal!

For those who are not familiar with BBB, They never let the child see themselves in the mirror the whole time. So until she turns Claire to face the mirror she really doesn’t know what she looks like. I always love the look on her face when she sees it for the first time. Photopass can usually capture it pretty well too.

Claire was VERY Happy with her result!!
Old 07-11-2011, 07:14 AM   #1417
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

She looks beautiful and I love her expression in the reveal! My DD is so bashful that she wouldn't smile like that.

Got a question on the puff ball..... will they at least not make it so big if you ask them to? In all the pictures that I have seen, it looks like they just poof it up too high. I think I could deal with it if they didn't try to frizz it up so high. I know you said they wouldn't leave it spiked, but I wonder if they would smoosh it down some? I know that's the style that DD will want if we go though because she wants "long hair like Rapunzel". And it will turn out fine even if they make it sky high. Claire looks like a doll in hers, so I know it will be ok. I think the crown makes it look really good. I'll have to remember that. I was planning to use the little tiara that she got at BBB last time, but the crown seems more balanced with the poof ball.
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:20 AM   #1418
hardingk
DVC Member since 2007 AKV & BLT

She looks amazing and so happy!!
WDW:7/14 BLT, VBR & POP, 8/13 BLT, 7/13 AKVK, 6/3 BWV, 12/12 AKVK, 11/12 BLT, 9/12 AKVJ, 2/12 AKVJ, 12/11 SSR, 11/11 AKV, 10/11 BLT & VWL, 9/11 AKVJ, 3/11 VBR & AKVK, 8/10 AKVK, 7/10 POFQ, 5/10 AKVK, 1/10 AKVJ, 12/09 OKW, 11/09 AKVK, 9/09 BLT, 8/09 POP, 5/09 AKVK, 1/09 AKVJ, 12/08 AKVJ, 11/08 OKW, 04/08 SSR, 9/07 WL, 8/07 CBR, 7/07 SSR & POP, 05/07 POR, 4/07 CSR, 5/05 CSR, 1/03 AS Sports, 7/90 CR, 7/86 POLY, 7/83 CR, 7/79. DLR: 7/11 PPH & VGC, 7/09 GCH, 3/07 DCL: 9/11 Dream, 8/12 Magic, 9/12 Fantasy, 2/13 B2B Wonder, 12/13 Dream
Cast: Me , DH , DD
hardingk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:11 AM   #1419
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
She looks beautiful and I love her expression in the reveal! My DD is so bashful that she wouldn't smile like that.

Got a question on the puff ball..... will they at least not make it so big if you ask them to? In all the pictures that I have seen, it looks like they just poof it up too high. I think I could deal with it if they didn't try to frizz it up so high. I know you said they wouldn't leave it spiked, but I wonder if they would smoosh it down some? I know that's the style that DD will want if we go though because she wants "long hair like Rapunzel". And it will turn out fine even if they make it sky high. Claire looks like a doll in hers, so I know it will be ok. I think the crown makes it look really good. I'll have to remember that. I was planning to use the little tiara that she got at BBB last time, but the crown seems more balanced with the poof ball.
Thanks. I don't know if they will push it down or not, but you can after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardingk View Post
She looks amazing and so happy!!
Thanks
Old 07-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #1420
Toria
DIS Veteran

She just looks gorgeous!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:57 AM   #1421
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Claire looks amazing in her princess gear!
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:05 AM   #1422
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Claire looks so happy & Princess-esy! (yes, thats a word!) I supose if the girls can't look in a mirror, it would be a big suprise!

Kadence just looked through and with a big gasp, said " she's so beautiful"
She askes me, how much does that cost? Can I do that on our next trip?

I may have to seriously look into it for Sept. I mean how much longer is she going to be in the princess stage. She's 7 now, by the time we go in late 2012/ early 2013 she'll be 9! She just might think she's too old
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:20 AM   #1423
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Ahhhhhhhhhh.......... SO pretty! Aren't you glad you got to do this again??? I mean even with limited park time.......... the park will still be there years from now. But this chance goes SO fast. I'm really surprised Katie still wants to go. For most, it's over much sooner........

Which leads me to Carey.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I may have to seriously look into it for Sept. I mean how much longer is she going to be in the princess stage. She's 7 now, by the time we go in late 2012/ early 2013 she'll be 9! She just might think she's too old
Yep. Do it NOW! You will absolutely regret it later if you don't.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:34 AM   #1424
PrincessBetsy
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

I love the reveal! Claire looks so happy!!
PrincessBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:46 AM   #1425
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I smiled all the way through the reveal. Claire looked so excited and I can't blame her. She looks so pretty!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: