Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2011, 02:00 AM   #1366
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Another great update, love the photos with Tiana and Naveen
Stefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:05 AM   #1367
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerberdaisy1234 View Post
Great shot of the hidden Mickey lock
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifred View Post
As many times as I have been on that ride and I never noticed the lock before. Learn something new everyday. Awesome!

I never noticed that either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Another great update, love the photos with Tiana and Naveen
Thanks.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2011, 11:58 PM   #1368
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Ewww for the hairy line hugger! Thats great you said something to her. River didn't use a stroller when we went to Universal bu they closed at 8:00pm so he was fine. When we go next June he will be 8 and I will get one for out late MK and Epcot nights when he gets tired he can get in and rest and the grownups can keep having fun and everyones happy!

I loved the Splash Mountain and Pirates pics. We didn't get to do MK this past trip and I miss it

Great pics with Tiana we never got her because her line was always so long. But I did get pictures of her with other peoples kids I'm afraid when we go next time River won't want to do any of the "girls" because he'll be an 8yr old boy. I guess I'll just have to tell him I want to get my picture with them and he has to come with me
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:45 AM   #1369
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Ewww for the hairy line hugger! Thats great you said something to her. River didn't use a stroller when we went to Universal bu they closed at 8:00pm so he was fine. When we go next June he will be 8 and I will get one for out late MK and Epcot nights when he gets tired he can get in and rest and the grownups can keep having fun and everyones happy!

I loved the Splash Mountain and Pirates pics. We didn't get to do MK this past trip and I miss it

Great pics with Tiana we never got her because her line was always so long. But I did get pictures of her with other peoples kids I'm afraid when we go next time River won't want to do any of the "girls" because he'll be an 8yr old boy. I guess I'll just have to tell him I want to get my picture with them and he has to come with me
We didn't take it on the cruise portion, because I knew she could handle that well and it would be a pain. She did fine. But that day at MK, especially in the late evening her rear was glued to it.
I think your idea is good. Mom really wants to see her is a good con....
Old 07-09-2011, 06:50 AM   #1370
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

More photopass pictures.

And mine.

I’m not sure why Claire is making all these weird faces.

I don’t think Claire wanted to leave.

Claire seemed to be having a good time with them. They did a lot of talking, but I have no clue what the conversation was about.

Next stop was a quick potty break and then we checked in for our BBB appointment. I let them know that we had our own dress and would need to get changed as well. The appointment was for 5:55. We checked in a little early.
I debated on actually doing this. Claire LOVED it when we did it in 2009. But we had limited time in the parks this trip and I wasn’t sure I wanted to try and fit this in as well. Claire talked about it all the time though as the trip approached. She was convinced we would be doing it. So a few weeks before we left I made the call. I figured a later appointment would work for us. At the time, I was going with the assumption that we wouldn’t be eating till 9:30 at CRT, so I tried for the latest possible appointment. 5:55 was the latest they could get us, and it actually worked out great.
I never wrote about it in my PTR, I decided I would let it be a surprise for my TR. I also never told Claire that it was actually booked. I told her we “might” try to do it. So when she got the note in that morning about her appointment, she was very excited.
While we waited I tried to take pictures of the current dresses. I got a few and then it became more crowded and I gave up.

Claire spotted the crowns and wands. She “had” to have one of each. I let her know it would come out of her spending money and she was fine with that. We told them at the desk and they handed them to us.

A few more before getting called back.

Soon we were called back to the dressing room to change.

Last edited by jenseib; 07-09-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:25 AM   #1371
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Oh, the pictures with Tiana and Naveen are fabulous! It's too bad that they removed him from the meet and greet

I love the gloves and handbags at BBB! It's probably a good thing that I don't have a girl, I'd go broke buying all that cute stuff.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:30 AM   #1372
coneygoil
Mouseketeer

I thought Naveen stopped making appearances a while back. Oh well, it'd be great if he still was coming out with Tiana! My best friend and I met them last year. The CMs really spent time talking to us, and since I am from New Orleans, Tiana really liked talking to me : And Naveen was doing "vogue" poses with my friend. It was hilarious!

That last pic of Claire...she looks like she has attitude in it

Zorro Gets The Ladies (10-2-09 MNSSHP)
Hopping a Plane Alone with a Toddler...Yep, I'm Crazy (Jan. '13 TR)
Cast Member Appreciation! In memory of Mr. Bob who worked on Main Street USA
coneygoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:56 AM   #1373
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Oh, the pictures with Tiana and Naveen are fabulous! It's too bad that they removed him from the meet and greet

I love the gloves and handbags at BBB! It's probably a good thing that I don't have a girl, I'd go broke buying all that cute stuff.
Is he gone now for sure? I knew they took Flynn out, and wasn't sure if Naveen was gone at the same time or if he got to hang out a bit longer.

It's hard not to just go an buy it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coneygoil View Post
I thought Naveen stopped making appearances a while back. Oh well, it'd be great if he still was coming out with Tiana! My best friend and I met them last year. The CMs really spent time talking to us, and since I am from New Orleans, Tiana really liked talking to me : And Naveen was doing "vogue" poses with my friend. It was hilarious!

That last pic of Claire...she looks like she has attitude in it
He's been thre till recently. I'm not for sure if he is gone now, but if he isn't he will be gone soon. I like the Princes...it adds a litle something different.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:09 AM   #1374
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Is he gone now for sure? I knew they took Flynn out, and wasn't sure if Naveen was gone at the same time or if he got to hang out a bit longer.

It's hard not to just go an buy it all.

He's been thre till recently. I'm not for sure if he is gone now, but if he isn't he will be gone soon. I like the Princes...it adds a litle something different.
Love all the Tiana photos! From what I heard from a friend who works in the MK, there are only 2 men who play Naveen, so that could be why they are removing him. But again that could just be a CM rumor. I know he was there in June when my friend went to visit.....without me!
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:15 AM   #1375
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

You got a great Tiana and Naveen. They both look perfect for the part, and all the pictures are really cute. I love the PP borders on those too.

Can't wait to see your BBB pics. I am debating doing this on our trip as well. My DD is 7 now and I just feel like this might be the last time she would be interested in doing it. I think I might regret it afterwards if we don't do it. The last time we did it, she was 4. Did you do the photo session afterwards? We did that last time but I don't know where it is anymore. In '08 it was in Exposition Hall. Do you know where it is now? Is it still "free" to add to your PP card?
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:28 AM   #1376
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Love all the Tiana photos! From what I heard from a friend who works in the MK, there are only 2 men who play Naveen, so that could be why they are removing him. But again that could just be a CM rumor. I know he was there in June when my friend went to visit.....without me!
Shame on your friend. Tell her next time to book her trip through me! LOL! That could be true about Naveen. it seems like every picture I see of him looks pretty much the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
You got a great Tiana and Naveen. They both look perfect for the part, and all the pictures are really cute. I love the PP borders on those too.

Can't wait to see your BBB pics. I am debating doing this on our trip as well. My DD is 7 now and I just feel like this might be the last time she would be interested in doing it. I think I might regret it afterwards if we don't do it. The last time we did it, she was 4. Did you do the photo session afterwards? We did that last time but I don't know where it is anymore. In '08 it was in Exposition Hall. Do you know where it is now? Is it still "free" to add to your PP card?
That was my fear too. I didn't know when we'll be back and she made NOT want to do it in the future, so I figured I better get it in again before she's "too cool".
We did do the photoshoot as well. And yes you can add it to your photopass. It is now in the spot where Tinkerbelle treasures used to be. I think it's called Castle Couture. Behind the castle got to the left and that is the place. It's in the back part of the store. It was crowded though.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:26 AM   #1377
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

The princess costumes are so cute and the matching bags Never seen BBB before, looking forward to seeing them turn Claire into a Disney Princess
Stefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:34 AM   #1378
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
The princess costumes are so cute and the matching bags Never seen BBB before, looking forward to seeing them turn Claire into a Disney Princess
It's a lot of fun for girls who want to become a princess. Claire loves make up, so it was her cup of tea for sure.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:37 AM   #1379
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Warning…. There will be a LOT of BBB pictures……
Claire got changed and soon we heard someone ask if we were ready yet. We were almost done, and she said she would be waiting outside the curtain for us.
We put on Claire’s finishing touches and were led out to her chair. I just love Claire’s dress. We got it from another Diser and I fell in love with it when I read her TR. She was selling it as it no longer fit, and I was happy to buy it.

Claire picked the Diva style again. But this time I was relieved that she picked blonde hair instead of pink!

I believe they were picking out face jewels here.

At some point and time the Photopass photographer came over and asked for my card. I told her that I had set it on the work station of the FGIT. She acted surprised, and I asked if that was wrong to do. She said no that was exactly where it should go, but she never had anyone do that before. She wondered if I had been there before, and I said yes. And she thought it was funny. I told her (and the guy too) to take lots of pictures because I had pre-bought the CD and I think they did a fair amount.

And getting started.

random shots

If I did this to Claire at home she would be SCREAMING!

A quick Video.

Make-up was next.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:42 AM   #1380
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I wish they had BBB when Lacey was younger. It looks like so much fun! How sweet of you to surprise Claire with a visit. I remember how much she loved it before.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: