Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2011, 10:19 AM   #1351
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Oh Jen, you are the best! "After I spit her hair out of my mouth"

I am like you though. I have to have space, I really hate tight crowds. I feel boxed in
As for those stroller bashers, maybe they get to close to you next time and you clip their heels with your stroller Seriously, who the heck are they to judge? I wish I had a stroller for ME sometimes! (I have a heel spur and it's a tad painful at times)

I really like at your Pirates photos, with Captain Jack being my fav! My favorite scene while riding....the one where the woman is chasing the man with her broom!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #1352
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrein View Post
Ok, my dh and I don't have children of our own yet, but I hereby promise NEVER to judge any other family's stroller decisions! I kind of know how annoying that must be, because mother is ill with bad arthritis and other health issues and she often gets the dirtiest looks in her (rented) wheelchair in situations like Disney, especially getting in and out to go on rides because she often appears more mobile than she is.

Your pirates pictures made my day a much better one. Thanks!
Before I had kids, I probably was a stroller hater... Wel lI don't know really, because I had my son at age 19, so it seems like I have been a mother all my life!
But I just have learned it works well for me. I do get frustrated at times with other stroller drivers though.....why can't they all drive it perfectly like me! OK, I am joking there. But I do try to be respectful. And I can see the frustration of those who are stroller free and getting nicked in the heals. And I can see the frustrations of those who have strollers and people literally jump or trip over the stroller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Jen, you're my hero!

Anyone who puts a hair tossing stroller basher in their place deserves my praise! The stroller threads here on the DIS just kill me. One of the posters on the photography forum said she rented a stroller for her heavy bag of gear and I wondered what all the stroller bashers would think. I actually think there's a fair number of posters who wish Disney would just go stroller free so they could get around easier. If I'm not mistaken, I think someone on one of those posts wanted DISNEY to have a adults only Halloween party (you know, because all those dang strollers detracted from their own experience). That was classic!

LOVE the Captain Jack photo!
Thank you!
I went to the zoo on Tuesday with my Mom. It was 98 degrees out, so I took the stroller, so Claire wouldn't get too hot and complain and also because I wanted a spot to hang my camera bag.....which I am starting to hate more and more...I need a new system....
As we were leaving we we following a slow family. Not by choice, but they kind of cut in front of us on the way out. They had a couple of kids and hte Dad was pulling a wagon with the littlest one. We just walked slowly behind them because they were completely spread out in front of us. As we came to the exit gate the Mom veered off towards the entrance gate and the Dad went towards the exit. Then they all stopped. I guess the Mom was wondering if they needed to get stamped. There was a huge gap between them and they just stood there talking, so we went around the Dad to get out. Well the Mom didn't look or pay attention and just started walking towards the Dad. Of cousre she made contact with us mid way and trip right over the stroller with Claire in it. She said "oh sorry" but gave me a glare. I said excuse me, and I had actually said it as I was starting to pass too, but she acted like I was totally in the wrong. Of course there were others behind us as well trying to get out and around this family. Now I can see that does happen when you don't know what to do before leaving, but I would apologize and be sincere. She had no looks of sincerity at all.

We went in the gift shop outside the gates after we left, as Mom promised Claire a prize, and I saw that lady about 3 times in there and she still kpet glaring at me. Good thing I have the ability to glare back!

I can see people wanting kid free parties...and I am surprised that Disny hasn't banned children altogether!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Oh Jen, you are the best! "After I spit her hair out of my mouth"

I am like you though. I have to have space, I really hate tight crowds. I feel boxed in
As for those stroller bashers, maybe they get to close to you next time and you clip their heels with your stroller Seriously, who the heck are they to judge? I wish I had a stroller for ME sometimes! (I have a heel spur and it's a tad painful at times)

I really like at your Pirates photos, with Captain Jack being my fav! My favorite scene while riding....the one where the woman is chasing the man with her broom!
Aww shucks...thanks!
I do try to be very careful with the stroller, but I swear they are magnets. People just don't look and trip over them al lthe time...and of course it's NOT their fault. I have to admit, I have tripped over a strooler or 2 in my time, but I do know it was my fault.
I liked hte Captian Jack picture too.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2011, 11:55 AM   #1353
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great photos with Tiana!
Old 07-07-2011, 12:37 PM   #1354
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear that a little name dropping helped.

Tiana is gorgeous! Claire looks like she was excited to meet her and Naveen.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:38 PM   #1355
pjstevens
Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder for our 25th!
Now the proud grandparents of Isabella Grace

Great photos. I've only seen Tiana during the WDW marathon and I didn't have time to stop and get any pics, so I'll have to see her on our trip in September.
Our First Trip HOME (May 09) DFTW VR (Sept 08) Christmas 2007 August 2007
Off-site 1992; off-site 1999 (w/o the kids) off-site 2000; All Star Movies 2005; Pop 2006; Pop Aug-2007; All Star Music suites Dec 2007; DFTW DCL Pop 2008; Pop Jan 2009; AKV May 2009; Grand Californian Aug 2009; BWV Jan 2010; AKV Dec 2010; AKV Jan 2011; Disney Dream/AKV Sep 2011; Dec 2011 AKV; Magic-Canada June 2012; Fantasy-Eastern Carribean December 2012; SSR August 2013; Wonder-Alaska June 2014
pjstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:26 PM   #1356
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great photos with Tiana!
Thanks....though I can't take credit for those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Glad to hear that a little name dropping helped.

Tiana is gorgeous! Claire looks like she was excited to meet her and Naveen.
I like to name drop, because I'm such a celebrity myself! NOT!

I was excited to see Naveen. I guess he's getting the boot now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjstevens View Post
Great photos. I've only seen Tiana during the WDW marathon and I didn't have time to stop and get any pics, so I'll have to see her on our trip in September.
I was happy the line wasn't too long. I had visions of it being extrememly long. We got to see her twice...on the ship and at WDW. I was happy to see Naveen too. I rarely ever see the Princes.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #1357
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

The Tiana pictures are wonderful! I just love her dress more and more each time I see it! I think it is my favorite! And you got lucky seeing Naveen. I guess he won't be there when we go. I love multi character spots but we rarely find them.
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:44 PM   #1358
hardingk
DVC Member since 2007 AKV & BLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I do try to be very careful with the stroller, but I swear they are magnets. People just don't look and trip over them al lthe time...and of course it's NOT their fault. I have to admit, I have tripped over a strooler or 2 in my time, but I do know it was my fault.
I liked hte Captian Jack picture too.
OMG!! A few months ago when we were in MK, we were walking down Main Street on the right side by the bakery. I was all the way to the right pushing the stroller and these two older women were walking in front of us to the left. Well there must have been people in their way and instead of stopping and looking to see if anyone was next to them, they just moved over to the right and walked right in front of my stroller. Of course I ran into them bc they just went right infront of me without looking. Then the lady has to turn around and look at me waiting for me to say I'm sorry for hitting her...instead I said "well next time look before you move over and cut someone off!" And kept walking....I mean, you wouldn't change lanes in a car when walking???!! So why not look when you are on a busy sidewalk!!!!
WDW:7/14 BLT, VBR & POP, 8/13 BLT, 7/13 AKVK, 6/3 BWV, 12/12 AKVK, 11/12 BLT, 9/12 AKVJ, 2/12 AKVJ, 12/11 SSR, 11/11 AKV, 10/11 BLT & VWL, 9/11 AKVJ, 3/11 VBR & AKVK, 8/10 AKVK, 7/10 POFQ, 5/10 AKVK, 1/10 AKVJ, 12/09 OKW, 11/09 AKVK, 9/09 BLT, 8/09 POP, 5/09 AKVK, 1/09 AKVJ, 12/08 AKVJ, 11/08 OKW, 04/08 SSR, 9/07 WL, 8/07 CBR, 7/07 SSR & POP, 05/07 POR, 4/07 CSR, 5/05 CSR, 1/03 AS Sports, 7/90 CR, 7/86 POLY, 7/83 CR, 7/79. DLR: 7/11 PPH & VGC, 7/09 GCH, 3/07 DCL: 9/11 Dream, 8/12 Magic, 9/12 Fantasy, 2/13 B2B Wonder, 12/13 Dream
Cast: Me , DH , DD
hardingk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:45 PM   #1359
hardingk

Quote:
pjstevens - Looks like you are sailing on the Dream the sailing before us!! We leave in 1 Month and 4 weeks!!!
WDW:7/14 BLT, VBR & POP, 8/13 BLT, 7/13 AKVK, 6/3 BWV, 12/12 AKVK, 11/12 BLT, 9/12 AKVJ, 2/12 AKVJ, 12/11 SSR, 11/11 AKV, 10/11 BLT & VWL, 9/11 AKVJ, 3/11 VBR & AKVK, 8/10 AKVK, 7/10 POFQ, 5/10 AKVK, 1/10 AKVJ, 12/09 OKW, 11/09 AKVK, 9/09 BLT, 8/09 POP, 5/09 AKVK, 1/09 AKVJ, 12/08 AKVJ, 11/08 OKW, 04/08 SSR, 9/07 WL, 8/07 CBR, 7/07 SSR & POP, 05/07 POR, 4/07 CSR, 5/05 CSR, 1/03 AS Sports, 7/90 CR, 7/86 POLY, 7/83 CR, 7/79. DLR: 7/11 PPH & VGC, 7/09 GCH, 3/07 DCL: 9/11 Dream, 8/12 Magic, 9/12 Fantasy, 2/13 B2B Wonder, 12/13 Dream
Old 07-07-2011, 06:48 PM   #1360
pjstevens
Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder for our 25th!
Now the proud grandparents of Isabella Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardingk View Post
pjstevens - Looks like you are sailing on the Dream the sailing before us!! We leave in 1 Month and 4 weeks!!!
We are so excited! Booked this cruise 17 months out and it seemed like it would never get here.
Our First Trip HOME (May 09) DFTW VR (Sept 08) Christmas 2007 August 2007
Off-site 1992; off-site 1999 (w/o the kids) off-site 2000; All Star Movies 2005; Pop 2006; Pop Aug-2007; All Star Music suites Dec 2007; DFTW DCL Pop 2008; Pop Jan 2009; AKV May 2009; Grand Californian Aug 2009; BWV Jan 2010; AKV Dec 2010; AKV Jan 2011; Disney Dream/AKV Sep 2011; Dec 2011 AKV; Magic-Canada June 2012; Fantasy-Eastern Carribean December 2012; SSR August 2013; Wonder-Alaska June 2014
pjstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:06 PM   #1361
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
Couldn't you have it added to your photopass card? we did that for test track. I don't think I looked at the pictures from other rides, so maybe it's not available for all rides.
As far as I have seen, only Test Track offers that option. I can't understand why the others do not, unless they're trying to gouge you outta more money... but then why at Test Track? I hope maybe TT is just a "test" subject and its coming soon.

Claire looks so cute in the dance recital pictures. I keep forgetting to upload Heidi's ballet recital pictures to Facebook, and then I can post them here. How do I even forget that? Bad mommy!

I will restate it again.. my Heidi just turned 9. She is 47 inches tall (too short for some rides still.. like primeval whirl) and weighs just under 45 pounds. She FITS in a Disney stroller and we rent them near the end of the day if she's gonna need it. She has to move her tiny legs a lot to keep up with us. Henry also likes the way it moves us through crowds much faster. She probably won't be in one this time though because her bestie will be with us, and she is WAY too big for a stroller. My friends daughter is 2 months younger than Heidi but at least a head taller and nearly twice the weight. But I won't say NEVER. I do still have a stroller ticket left from last time, so she may opt for it.

Mindy5767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:12 PM   #1362
hardingk

Quote:
We are so excited! Booked this cruise 17 months out and it seemed like it would never get here.
Us too! We booked in March 2010! I thought it was so far away!! Soon it will be here, before we know it!
Old 07-07-2011, 09:20 PM   #1363
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
The Tiana pictures are wonderful! I just love her dress more and more each time I see it! I think it is my favorite! And you got lucky seeing Naveen. I guess he won't be there when we go. I love multi character spots but we rarely find them.
It is so pretty. I love how full it is. I wish I could find one that full for Claire.

Quote:
OMG!! A few months ago when we were in MK, we were walking down Main Street on the right side by the bakery. I was all the way to the right pushing the stroller and these two older women were walking in front of us to the left. Well there must have been people in their way and instead of stopping and looking to see if anyone was next to them, they just moved over to the right and walked right in front of my stroller. Of course I ran into them bc they just went right infront of me without looking. Then the lady has to turn around and look at me waiting for me to say I'm sorry for hitting her...instead I said "well next time look before you move over and cut someone off!" And kept walking....I mean, you wouldn't change lanes in a car when walking???!! So why not look when you are on a busy sidewalk!!!!
Exactly. You kind of have to go like you are driving in traffic....NYC traffic. LOL!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy5767 View Post
As far as I have seen, only Test Track offers that option. I can't understand why the others do not, unless they're trying to gouge you outta more money... but then why at Test Track? I hope maybe TT is just a "test" subject and its coming soon.

Claire looks so cute in the dance recital pictures. I keep forgetting to upload Heidi's ballet recital pictures to Facebook, and then I can post them here. How do I even forget that? Bad mommy!

I will restate it again.. my Heidi just turned 9. She is 47 inches tall (too short for some rides still.. like primeval whirl) and weighs just under 45 pounds. She FITS in a Disney stroller and we rent them near the end of the day if she's gonna need it. She has to move her tiny legs a lot to keep up with us. Henry also likes the way it moves us through crowds much faster. She probably won't be in one this time though because her bestie will be with us, and she is WAY too big for a stroller. My friends daughter is 2 months younger than Heidi but at least a head taller and nearly twice the weight. But I won't say NEVER. I do still have a stroller ticket left from last time, so she may opt for it.
I think the palce that does Test Tracks pictures is owned by Disney, while the others are owned by someone else. At least I think I read that somewhere.

Quote:
Us too! We booked in March 2010! I thought it was so far away!! Soon it will be here, before we know it!
I would be so excited to book one that far out. It never happens for us, as Skip is MR last minute, but then the good part is at least my wait isn't usually very long.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:22 PM   #1364
gerberdaisy1234
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

Great shot of the hidden Mickey lock
gerberdaisy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:19 PM   #1365
jenifred
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerberdaisy1234 View Post
Great shot of the hidden Mickey lock
As many times as I have been on that ride and I never noticed the lock before. Learn something new everyday. Awesome!

jenifred is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: