Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2011, 06:11 PM   #1291
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyWife View Post
DH and I had one day in MK last October, I'm not sure if we had fast passes for SM but we were wearing our Celebration buttons for our Anniversary and one of the CMs was an older, retired gentleman who spotted our buttons, pulled us out of line (told us a really corny marriage joke) and sent us through a back door that led right down to the loading area! Of course, I sat on the side where the water cannon blasts you and was soaked, which DH of course thought was hilarious! Can't wait to see Claire's reaction to this ride ..
How special!! I always want that to happen, but I guess we don't have the right look for back door treatment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Ugggg, I hate people like this! I actually let a lady and her kid go in front of me in line at Space Mountain once because I was so sick of her pushing into my back.
I sometimes will go extra slow, just to irritate them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I, too, hate close walkers. There's no need for them to get all smooshed in on you because it's obvious the line's not moving any more right that second. Ugh!
I seem to attract these people. It wasn't the only time I had a close walker family behind me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Ditto.

I often feel like turning around and saying "I've got a five year old boy here. He likes to randomly kick people in the shins. Just something you might want to consider."
I love that! I'm always watching Claire to be sure she isn't crowding the people in front of us too. I think kids do it more often, and it's annoying and the parents should kind of teach them...but they are just kids...while parents KNOW better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaBaby View Post
QUOTE=JKSWonder;41671847]Ditto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
That family would have really annoyed me too. I can't stand stuff like that. I NEED my personal space. Why do they think they are going to get on any faster my hovering over you like that? I don't get it. When you factor in the heat and sweat, that would have done me in!

But you got some wonderful shots of SM! I can't handle the drops on that ride, but I love everything else about it.
The good thing is there aren't really many drops. it is a neat ride. I seem to usually get away from not getting to wet either. I HATE getting wet on a ride. I do the duck down in your seat as far as possible and I usually make it out OK....usually....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekkerdisneydreamer View Post
That is pure anticipation of that big 'ol drop to come!
She was having a good time. Claire, unlike me, was excited each time she got a little splash. She LOVED it and would say, "look how wet I am?" ....of course she really wasn't very wet.

I was going to work on an update today, but my internet (along with all of NW OHIO) lost service for several hours. I just decided to work on a few of Claire's dance recital pictures...then I completely walked away from the computer till now. I actually got my living room and kitchen looking pretty clean!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:16 PM   #1292
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

I will NEVER get a picture of the Splash Mountain drop... too busy holding on for dear life.........with my eyes closed!!

I know what would get rid of close walkers!! ha ha... spin some nun-chucks.. they create some nice personal space!

Mindy5767 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2011, 09:42 PM   #1293
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

I sometimes will go extra slow, just to irritateg them! :rol
I was going to work on an update today, but my internet (along with all of NW OHIO) lost service for several hours. I just decided to work on a few of Claire's dance recital pictures...then I completely walked away from the computer till now. I actually got my living room and kitchen looking pretty clean!
Sorry you lost internet...but kinda thankful for not a big update. I am in the hospital with dd and having a heck of a time keeping up with dis on this darn ipad
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:49 AM   #1294
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy5767 View Post
I will NEVER get a picture of the Splash Mountain drop... too busy holding on for dear life.........with my eyes closed!!

I know what would get rid of close walkers!! ha ha... spin some nun-chucks.. they create some nice personal space!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Sorry you lost internet...but kinda thankful for not a big update. I am in the hospital with dd and having a heck of a time keeping up with dis on this darn ipad
I hope everything is OK.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:59 AM   #1295
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I hope everything is OK.
. Yes..we will be here another week...will make for a lot of dis time. If you are curious, pop over to my PTR.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:59 PM   #1296
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Darn...somehow I got way far behind yet again. Love the pictures of Claire on your last day on the ship with her "favorite guy."

Great photos of Pop. Too bad about the room; but I guess with the pool being closed, not a big deal.

Love Splash Mountain (missed it last year because of Mark's surgery and can't wait to get back on it).
Old 07-02-2011, 01:12 AM   #1297
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Great pictures of Splash Mountain. It made me feel like I was getting ready to ride. I hate getting wet too. I always bring our ponchos for that ride but I end up with a wet backside anyway
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:09 AM   #1298
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
. Yes..we will be here another week...will make for a lot of dis time. If you are curious, pop over to my PTR.
I'm gonna get over there eventually! I am so behind lately, but I do want to read it

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Darn...somehow I got way far behind yet again. Love the pictures of Claire on your last day on the ship with her "favorite guy."

Great photos of Pop. Too bad about the room; but I guess with the pool being closed, not a big deal.

Love Splash Mountain (missed it last year because of Mark's surgery and can't wait to get back on it).
Don't worry. I am behind with everything lately. She loved that waiter. She was talking about him last night again.
You're right, with that pool closed, it didn't make so much of a difference anyways. I do slike Spalsh too, I just wish they would make it so those who don't want to get wet,...don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Great pictures of Splash Mountain. It made me feel like I was getting ready to ride. I hate getting wet too. I always bring our ponchos for that ride but I end up with a wet backside anyway
I always get it on my hindy...but when you have one like mine, it's hard to avoid!
Old 07-02-2011, 10:54 AM   #1299
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Loving the Splash photos, never really noticed the outside line area details before
Stefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #1301
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Loving the Splash photos, never really noticed the outside line area details before
I can't even remember when the last time I went through that queue. It had to be about 12 years ago at least.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:25 AM   #1302
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I just wanted to tell you how cutie patoutie Claire looks in her dance recital pics, I seen the rest on FB and it looks like she did a fine job!

Kadence misses her dance class so much. I miss seeing her dance. Hopefully we can get her into a class this fall.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:47 AM   #1303
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I just wanted to tell you how cutie patoutie Claire looks in her dance recital pics, I seen the rest on FB and it looks like she did a fine job!

Kadence misses her dance class so much. I miss seeing her dance. Hopefully we can get her into a class this fall.
Thanks. I am thinking of changing schools, but I think we'll stick this one out one more year. She is signed up for tap, but yesterday she said she may want to do ballet... I'm sorry, but ballet seems more broing to me. LOL!
Old 07-03-2011, 10:52 AM   #1304
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

So how cute is SHE??????????

Adorable........
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:02 PM   #1305
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Claire is too cute!