Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2011, 06:46 PM   #871
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

I love the pirate minnie pics and the snake towel. Claire makes a very cute pirate. Bummer that they wouldn't let you on the Aquaduck though
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:50 PM   #872
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
I'm finally all caught up. Boy oh boy did I get behind, love the all the food, yummy. Especially liked the look of those sandwiches and the wraps sounded good too. Pirate night looks like a lot of fun. Can't wait to read about your aqua duck adventure. Hope your school trip works out, I know another DISer that either went to one already or is going.
It was very fun. I hope it works out too. I swear if I didn't have bad luck, I would have no luck at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
I love the pirate minnie pics and the snake towel. Claire makes a very cute pirate. Bummer that they wouldn't let you on the Aquaduck though
I loved the towel too. It was so cute.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2011, 07:56 PM   #873
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

First of all, I hope everything works out with your trip.

The pirate pictures are really good. I like them all. It's too bad Skip wasn't there for those. It would have been cute to have a whole pirate family portrait done. But the mother/daughter pics are very nice too!

So do you get some kind of discount for buying the photo CD early? You mentioned that you went down to prepay for it, so I'm wondering what the reason for that was.

Pirate Minnie!! it!

I also your D&B!!! Very nice of your Mom.

Fireworks are something to photograph aren't they. I too have realized that I will never get any great shots without a tripod. However, I don't know if even a tripod would do much good on the ship since it is moving. Another problem with fireworks is that there are very few opportunities to practice since most people only see them once or so a year.

I think that snake towel animal is one of the best ones I've ever seen! I love the gold coin eyes! Very cool!

Stuff like the Aquaduck episode is a real pain in the rear isn't it? When you have young kids, little things like that can turn into a meltdown moment very quickly. I would have been a little irritated by that myself.

I am so excited to see your CC day!!
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:58 PM   #874
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Love your D&B wristlet, it's so cute. The pirate pictures of Claire were very well done.

We didn't have any rain here yesterday thank goodness! It's too bad about the trampoline. Friends of ours were told by their insurance company that there homeowners policy would be cancelled if they didn't get rid of the trampoline. Company didn't want the liability.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:17 PM   #875
PrincessBetsy
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Great update! Too bad you didn't get to see most of the show during the fireworks... I'm glad you liked the fireworks though. Oh, and I love your Dooney and Bourke wristlet. So cute!
PrincessBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:26 PM   #876
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

First, I really hope you do get to go on your Aug trip. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Claire makes a very cute pirate, and the Mom & daughter pics are so nice. I can't wait to see your Castaway Cay photos.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:28 PM   #877
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
First of all, I hope everything works out with your trip.

The pirate pictures are really good. I like them all. It's too bad Skip wasn't there for those. It would have been cute to have a whole pirate family portrait done. But the mother/daughter pics are very nice too!

So do you get some kind of discount for buying the photo CD early? You mentioned that you went down to prepay for it, so I'm wondering what the reason for that was.

Pirate Minnie!! it!

I also your D&B!!! Very nice of your Mom.

Fireworks are something to photograph aren't they. I too have realized that I will never get any great shots without a tripod. However, I don't know if even a tripod would do much good on the ship since it is moving. Another problem with fireworks is that there are very few opportunities to practice since most people only see them once or so a year.

I think that snake towel animal is one of the best ones I've ever seen! I love the gold coin eyes! Very cool!

Stuff like the Aquaduck episode is a real pain in the rear isn't it? When you have young kids, little things like that can turn into a meltdown moment very quickly. I would have been a little irritated by that myself.

I am so excited to see your CC day!!
No discount, but I wanted to do it before I forgot. And at that point I knew I had enough to make itworht wild. You do have tp have it purchased by a certain time so that they have enough time to get it made befoe you disembark. Claire loved the choclates each night. That was a major hit and she would ask us if we wanted ours too. Of course we did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Love your D&B wristlet, it's so cute. The pirate pictures of Claire were very well done.

We didn't have any rain here yesterday thank goodness! It's too bad about the trampoline. Friends of ours were told by their insurance company that there homeowners policy would be cancelled if they didn't get rid of the trampoline. Company didn't want the liability.

Yep. We aren't really supposed to have one. We tried to change the pilicy on our old house several years ago and were told they won't insure with a trampoline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBetsy View Post
Great update! Too bad you didn't get to see most of the show during the fireworks... I'm glad you liked the fireworks though. Oh, and I love your Dooney and Bourke wristlet. So cute!
I love it too, but really I don't use it much. I't so small I can only carry a small wallet and not my phone. But I usually take it in the grocery store and stuff like that. I kind of just keep it in my regular purse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
First, I really hope you do get to go on your Aug trip. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Claire makes a very cute pirate, and the Mom & daughter pics are so nice. I can't wait to see your Castaway Cay photos.
I hope so too. Basically the sales manager has to send an approval in to let us go. I guess in the past, thre were never any problems, but it sounds like they are doing things differently. I am holding to the thought that I am going. I have everything paid for already!!! I HAVE to go.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:07 AM   #878
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Caught up again! Wow! Took quite a while! Your thread sure moves FAST!!!!!!!!!

Okay, first things first:
I SO hope you get to go on the TA trip! We arrive on the 13th and would L-O-V-E to meet you. We'll have a car, so meeting wherever you want will not be a problem.
We can decide on what to do and where to meet when everything is settled.

Now, the Pirates in the Caribbean show looks different from what I remember from the Wonder - guess we will need to check the Navigator to see both parts.

I am not too impressed with the villains show. But we'll have three shows, so I guess we will grow with it!

Sorry about the trampolin - hope sweet little Claire can either use the old one or that she gets a new one soon!

Still dancing with the thought of meeting you in August!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:23 AM   #879
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Caught up again! Wow! Took quite a while! Your thread sure moves FAST!!!!!!!!!

Okay, first things first:
I SO hope you get to go on the TA trip! We arrive on the 13th and would L-O-V-E to meet you. We'll have a car, so meeting wherever you want will not be a problem.
We can decide on what to do and where to meet when everything is settled.

Now, the Pirates in the Caribbean show looks different from what I remember from the Wonder - guess we will need to check the Navigator to see both parts.

I am not too impressed with the villains show. But we'll have three shows, so I guess we will grow with it!

Sorry about the trampolin - hope sweet little Claire can either use the old one or that she gets a new one soon!

Still dancing with the thought of meeting you in August!
I'm behind a lot too on many threads. Don't feel bad.

I think we can order some replacement parts for the trampoline, but of course the one thing we need is backordered, so I don't know how long that will take to come in...if ever.
You might like the Villains show. Many people do. It just wasn't for me.
It would be exciting to meet up. I am hoping to go to MK that night if it works out that I can get a ticket for one day early. If I have to pay for a full price one,then I'm just gonna do other onsite stuff. I do want to hit DTD that day too. My preliminary plans are to check in, and then go to DTD and have lunch at EOS. Then go back to AS Movies and get my geer for the night at MK. I think I may bring my tripod along and try some night shots....all just thoughts right now. I also thought of going to the campfire sing along....and about 30 other "thoughts!" Once I get my "thoughts" together, I should know more. And you can let me know what your plans for the say are officially too and we can go from there.

I mostly want to go to MK because it is EMH that night till 2 AM. Going early in the afternoon doesn't appeal to me so much because it will most likely be crowded and hot. And being alone will give me some time to do some exploring and picture taking that I can't do with others.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:36 AM   #880
MyPeanut&Bug
Mouseketeer

Ok, had some more catching up to do. Now let's see if I can remember everything I was going to say!

I so hope you get to go on your TA trip!! Man, I can't imagine how anxious you are to know for sure!

I love all of Claire's pirate pictures - and the ones with you both in them are just SO precious. I agree with Skip - that one of Claire doing a pirate scowl would make the cutest Cmas card. I can just picture it, maybe in B&W with a cheesy saying (I say that as someone who typically makes a card with a total cheeseball pic of the kids with equally cheeseball saying)

It's probably wrong of me to say this, seeing as how it's 8:30am and I'm responsible for 3 small children right now but man, I could totally go for one of those orange/pineappley drinks. They look too good!

Pirate Minnie's outfit is super cute!!

Sorry to hear Claire's trampoline got hit - that was a heck of a weather week last week, wasn't it?? We didn't get much other than some minor wind and thunderstorms but I know you guys further north sure got it!
August 2002 - Honeymoon after our Cinderella wedding! - POR
May 2009 - ASMo- First trip with kids!
March 2011 - Grandma came along for the fun too! - ASMo
MyPeanut&Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:01 AM   #881
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I have started my Cedar Point Trip Report on my blog. If you would like to read it, you can click on the link. I will be slowly updating it along with updating this TR.

Disney Snob Does Cedar Point
Old 05-31-2011, 11:23 AM   #882
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Getting all caught up! Royal Palace looks nice. Loved the slippers on the chandelier and the coach bread basket. Those details were great!

Those fireworks look great! I think that would be soo much fun.

Yay for your Dooney and Bourke!!

Sure hope you can get Claire's trampoline fixed. Those things can be dangerous in the wind. My DH always pushes Jeremy's up against the woods when a storm comes through hoping that it would block the wind from blowing it.

Can't wait to see if you rode the aquaduck!

jeremysdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:05 PM   #883
AngieEstaAqui
Mouseketeer

Where did you get that adorable pillowcase?!?!
AngieEstaAqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:08 PM   #884
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry to hear about your trampoline. Has Claire seen it yet? I hope you can do something with it.

Those pictures of you and Claire are so sweet!

Oh no! I hope you get everything with the trip worked out. It sounds like so much fun. Don't you wish school was always like that?

I think River is all better now I sent him back to school today and he had no problems. I was getting very worried about our trip.
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:48 PM   #885
jasec2
Mouseketeer

I've been reading your trip report and finished last night. I was excited to come back today to check for more!! Please let us know if you get to go on the August trip to Disney. That would be so interesting! My name is Jessica and my husband, DS (2) and DS (4) will be going with my parents on our first Disney cruise in Feb. aboard the Magic. We are so excited and it has been great reading about other people's experiences with DCL to get prepared.
jasec2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: