Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2011, 02:07 PM   #766
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
LOL! It really is a good book, isn't it?

We're worse than the camera store salesmen pushing the Nikons!
I just started reading it again for the 3rd time. I'ts been about 2 years since I last read it and even though I "know" the stuff, I keep going oh yeah, I forgot about that.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:08 PM   #767
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
LOL! They had the same lens too!

I figured that out right after I posted. And the sad part? I had just seen it in your TR this morning!
Thats OK. I sometimes see other peoples shots on the Pop thread and swear they stole my pictures. LOL! Even though I know they didn't.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2011, 02:11 PM   #768
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Ya'll are cracking me up!

Last edited by RinkyTinkyTinky; 05-24-2011 at 02:25 PM.
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:18 PM   #769
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I just started reading it again for the 3rd time. I'ts been about 2 years since I last read it and even though I "know" the stuff, I keep going oh yeah, I forgot about that.
I SWORE I had read it. Then I couldn't find my copy so I looked up what it looked like and had never seen it before! I finally ordered a copy. I've been back and forth and all over in it. I knew a lot of what was in there, but I'm trying to cement it in place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Thats OK. I sometimes see other peoples shots on the Pop thread and swear they stole my pictures. LOL! Even though I know they didn't.
Well, I hope you're picking out some nice shots to claim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
I just figure I need to laugh at myself before anyone else gets the chance..........
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:25 PM   #770
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the help and advice. I think I will check out that book and play around with the manual settings on my P&S before I go any further with the SLR. If it turns out that I'm too dumb to figure it out on the P&S, then I will have saved myself some money! Besides, I'm concerned that I will loose my zoom capabilities with a starter SLR. Right now I have a 20x zoom and LOVE it. It looks like the starter level SLRs don't have much zoom at all without buying another lens. And that's more money than I have at the moment. My P&S also has video and looks Like I would loose that as well without more $$$ involved.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:28 PM   #771
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for all the help and advice. I think I will check out that book and play around with the manual settings on my P&S before I go any further with the SLR. If it turns out that I'm too dumb to figure it out on the P&S, then I will have saved myself some money! Besides, I'm concerned that I will loose my zoom capabilities with a starter SLR. Right now I have a 20x zoom and LOVE it. It looks like the starter level SLRs don't have much zoom at all without buying another lens. And that's more money than I have at the moment. My P&S also has video and looks Like I would loose that as well without more $$$ involved.
I think that's a great way to start. Don't assume you won't get any zoom on a DSLR kit though. It depends on the kit you choose. You can get the Canon with a very nice 18-135 lens now. They also sell the kit with 18-55, but I hear the 18-135 is quite nice, so I'd find that kit.

Also, my friend found a kit with her Sony and the 18-200 and is quite happy with that.

Have fun learning!

p.s. Can you tell I love spending other people's money?????
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:33 PM   #772
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:

Quote:
I SWORE I had read it. Then I couldn't find my copy so I looked up what it looked like and had never seen it before! I finally ordered a copy. I've been back and forth and all over in it. I knew a lot of what was in there, but I'm trying to cement it in place.

Well, I hope you're picking out some nice shots to claim!

I just figure I need to laugh at myself before anyone else gets the chance..........
I think some of the shots I took must've inspired others to take them too. At least thats my sotry and I'm sticking to it!

Yep, I must laugh at myself or I might cry!

Quote:
No problem. I started out doing manual on my P&S and then went to the SLR. It's much easier on the SLR though. I wouldn't get rid of the P&S totally though. I kep mine around and am thinking of getting a newer model, just can't justify spending money on it right now.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:34 PM   #773
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
I think that's a great way to start. Don't assume you won't get any zoom on a DSLR kit though. It depends on the kit you choose. You can get the Canon with a very nice 18-135 lens now. They also sell the kit with 18-55, but I hear the 18-135 is quite nice, so I'd find that kit.

Also, my friend found a kit with her Sony and the 18-200 and is quite happy with that.

Have fun learning!

p.s. Can you tell I love spending other people's money?????
I do too!
Old 05-24-2011, 02:36 PM   #774
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Since we're talking pictures and I am sitting here editing some, I thought I'd share one I just did. It was kind of a cool shot...at least I think so. I did not take it like this on purpose, but I had focused in on the buds...well I was trying too and there was a lot of forground leaves and stuff and it just came out kind of cool.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:14 PM   #776
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Very nice! Looks like something from a Southern Living magazine!
Old 05-24-2011, 03:26 PM   #777
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
That's beautiful Jen!
Quote:
Very nice! Looks like something from a Southern Living magazine!
Thanks...

Here is another I liked

Old 05-24-2011, 03:36 PM   #778
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

See, there's that fuzzy background again! That's what makes the picture look professional IMO. Great shot!
Old 05-24-2011, 10:57 PM   #779
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

The last picture with Claire by the tree is so professional looking. Those shots with the short depth of field are my favorites. I don't know if I want to go to a DSLR. I have a Canon film DSL that I haven't used in several years. I was into photography quite a bit, but the digital P&S are so easy to use & carry. I don't want to carry around all that weight any more.

Here's hoping that you get to go on the TA trip. Your DH sounds like mine when it comes to things like that.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:38 AM   #780
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Sending lots of your way
Stefy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: