Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2011, 03:19 PM   #691
GoofyWife
Mouseketeer

Smile

love the princess pictures, and I have to say I like Minnie Mouse the best! the detective game looks like a lot of fun and a good way to see different parts of the ship, I wouldn't mind trying it, although without a child with me, might look a little strange? Have a fun weekend, I remember dance and dress recitals with the makeup and hair and costumes and three nights of shows! Can't wait for next installment
2009 - POP
2013 - Offsite trip
GoofyWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:25 PM   #692
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Luvin all the princess pics. Minnie is the best!
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2011, 07:27 PM   #693
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Ya know, I'll bet that it will be easier to get him to go than you think. I bet, even if he won't admit it, that he feels kind of guilty about missing your last trip. Not that it was his fault or he could have helped it, but I still bet he felt pretty bad about it. I know when my DH has to miss things at DD's school b/c of his job, he feels kinda guilty about it even though he can't help it. So I bet that will make it easier to persuade him. And if all else fails, just send Claire in to do the begging for you. My DH can never tell her no, so that works like a charm around my house!

I wish it was that easy. It's all about money to him too. It's not that we can't afford it, it's that he likes to have power to say yes and no, and that he hates to part with the money...unless it's something he really wants.
Sometimes his "theories" are really wacky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
What great photos of Princess Minnie and Claire; and what a twirler.

Have fun at the dance tonight. And at Cedar Point too...we were there about 14 years ago when the kids were much younger.
I'll probably post a little TR about it in my blog. When I do, I'll post a link here. I don't want to get in trouble talking too much about real life. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyWife View Post
love the princess pictures, and I have to say I like Minnie Mouse the best! the detective game looks like a lot of fun and a good way to see different parts of the ship, I wouldn't mind trying it, although without a child with me, might look a little strange? Have a fun weekend, I remember dance and dress recitals with the makeup and hair and costumes and three nights of shows! Can't wait for next installment
Lots of adults did it on their own. And some with kids were ripping the cards out of the kids hands. We had one of the pictures just around the corner form our room, so we could see people doing it a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Luvin all the princess pics. Minnie is the best!
She was so cute!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:29 PM   #694
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Yay!! You got your computer back!

I love the princess pictures and princess Minnie is to cool.

Have fun at Cedar Point and take pictures for us (like you wouldn't)
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:57 PM   #695
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Now that I'm all caught up, I'm really impressed on how the princesses come down the staircase. It all looks so grand! I like your pictures better than the ships!

I could tell Claire had a great time meeting them all. And, Minne. Now that is a costume!

Have fun tonight, and tomorrow.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:09 PM   #696
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
just wonder if 7 nights on the cruise would be as fun as a split land/sea trip? I'm not sure if we would be sick of doing "water" stuff/beaches after a week and wish we had spent some time at the parks instead of the whole time on the ship. I'll know better what to expect after we sail in Oct. I think the perfect trip would probably be the 5 night double dip at CC and 4-5 nights at WDW.
I've noticed that the Magic and Wonder are cheaper too, but I really want to go on the Dream or Fantasy. They seem more kid friendly. I guess because of the Aquaduck. My only issue with cruising vs. the parks is that cruising DCL gets expensive FAST! The base price of the cruise isn't too terrible, but once you add in passports (over $400 for us this trip), airfare, a hotel room the night before departing, and the charge for transportation to and from the port (not free like going to the parks) it just really starts to snowball in price! Those 4 things added up are equal to what we are paying for the cruise itself!!! And that doesn't include any excursions! That is another big cost! I'm having to sit down and get serious with my plans and figure out what we can cut to make it more affordable. All those extra costs for cruising have really added up!
You can do more than just beach stuff at the ports. There are also so many picture taking opprotunities. I wish I had more time to do so in Nassau. (of course most of what I took is lost)
It is expensive. Thats for sure. We went without passports, but I really would like to get them if we sail again. I didn't have any problems, but I would feel safer.
I did a lot of research and budgeting too. I actually had a lot of moeny left over...I was surprised, but I wanted to be sure to have enough for what I wanted and any extras...and I didn;t get a whole lot of extras. I'm not a big drinker, so I only bought a few drinks while onboard, and that saved me. I mostly drank the free stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Yay!! You got your computer back!

I love the princess pictures and princess Minnie is to cool.

Have fun at Cedar Point and take pictures for us (like you wouldn't)
It should be fun. This is the 1st time I'm gonna take an SLR there. I always have taken a P&S in the past, but I know I won;t be riding many of the big things this time (my body can't take it anymore) so I figure I'll shoot it this time and try to get some neat/different shots.
I'll write a TR up in my blog and then post the link here.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:12 PM   #697
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Now that I'm all caught up, I'm really impressed on how the princesses come down the staircase. It all looks so grand! I like your pictures better than the ships!

I could tell Claire had a great time meeting them all. And, Minne. Now that is a costume!

Have fun tonight, and tomorrow.
The costume was neat. I think Minnie really like it too, because she kept swirling!
Claire was so cute at dance tonight. Only one other girl wore her costume. All the other girls moms did't read or get the email to wear them.

I gotta get caught back up on yours yet too. But I think I'm gonna call it a night. I am copying some pictures to CD and I am getting to tired for that as well, so I guess the rest will have to wait.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:20 PM   #698
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I would like to do a Disney cruise, they look so good. Does DCL have a 7 day cruise? That would be right up my alley.

Jen I hear you about the money part, my DH has the same ideas as your DH. It can be so exasperating some time!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:20 PM   #699
PrincessBetsy
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

I'm joining in! I love your trip report so far. Now I definitely want to go on a Disney cruise!
PrincessBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:29 PM   #700
joy13
DIS Veteran

I loved Minnie's costume!!!! That detective game looks like tons of fun too.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:15 AM   #701
pmama
DIS Veteran

Wow, what a great TR so far! Beautiful pics. Glad you enjoyed Blue Lagoon. Subbing!
pmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:51 AM   #702
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmama View Post
Wow, what a great TR so far! Beautiful pics. Glad you enjoyed Blue Lagoon. Subbing!
Hey there! Haven't seen you around in a while. Glad you are back. Seeing your post just reminded me that I still don't know why you used your trip insurance! Are you guys planning another cruise on DCL any time soon?
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:54 PM   #703
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

Hey, I just read your TR on CC!

Just stopping by to say it is very addicting!!! Can't wait for more!

1991-2004 AP holders | 2000 Disney Magic 4-Day Bahamas | 2005 Disneyland | 2006 Swan New Year's | 2008 AllStar Movies with HS Marching Band
2008 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2009 Bay Lake Tower Labor Day | 2010 Wilderness Lodge New Year's | 2010 AllStar Music with HS Marching Band
2010 Polynesian Graduation Celebration | 2011 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2012 Polynesian Spring Break | 2012 Beach Club Graduation Celebration
2012 Saratoga Springs Food & Wine | 2013 Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge | 2013 Beach Club Resort Food & Wine
2013/2014 New Year's Eve Waldorf Astoria | 2014 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise

LittleMissMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:09 PM   #704
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey there! Haven't seen you around in a while. Glad you are back. Seeing your post just reminded me that I still don't know why you used your trip insurance! Are you guys planning another cruise on DCL any time soon?
Hi! Sorry I know I'm awful. someone PMd me to let me know the TR has been closed. I plan to ask for it to be opened long enough to post ending. One more week of school!
pmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:20 AM   #705
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I would like to do a Disney cruise, they look so good. Does DCL have a 7 day cruise? That would be right up my alley.

Jen I hear you about the money part, my DH has the same ideas as your DH. It can be so exasperating some time!
Yes they do have 7 days ones. The Fantasy, the new ship coming out next year, will be sailing the 7 night Carribean cruises. The Magic does now, but...Actually it just left for Europe, so I think right now there are no DCL Carribean cruises for the summer. And then Wonder is doing Alaskan cruises right now. Let me know if you really do want to sail, and I can help/hook you up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBetsy View Post
I'm joining in! I love your trip report so far. Now I definitely want to go on a Disney cruise!
Thanks for joining in. It is a lot of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13 View Post
I loved Minnie's costume!!!! That detective game looks like tons of fun too.
Wasn't she so cute? Claire loved the detective game.

Quote:
So good to see you back!!! I love your past TR's. I do hope you can finish the one.

Quote:
I know what happened! Actually she PM'd me awhile back to let me know when we were thinking of cruising last Dec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissMagic View Post
Hey, I just read your TR on CC!

Just stopping by to say it is very addicting!!! Can't wait for more!

Thanks for reading! Yep, I post over there too. I think I'm an update behind over there.

Quote:
Hi! Sorry I know I'm awful. someone PMd me to let me know the TR has been closed. I plan to ask for it to be opened long enough to post ending. One more week of school!
Oh, I do hope you finish it. It was such a great trip...minus the Trip Insurance reason.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: