Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #661
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
OOH, OOH - I know!! Pick me!
Actually, I was just VERY observant in your earlier pictures as they came down the stairs and noticed who was there that you hadn't shown yet!!

Cinderella!! Do I get a prize?

I need to do something for my poor overworked laptop. I have a virus protection program, but now I need to add memory. I should get rid of some old programs and pictures that I've copied onto an external hard drive.
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have winner! Yeah, that wasn't too hard to guess. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
This installment was well worth waiting for! What a wonderful way for the princesses to make an entrance. Claire looks so pretty and you can tell she was excited to see them all.
Thanks. I wish my pictures came out better, but that lighting is hard to get something good. I even thought the ships photographer pictures weren't "that" great either, but better than mine. I really liked this set up. You got to see all the Princesses in one full swoop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
What beautiful princesses! Claire looks so cute with them. How neat they appear and walk down the stairs.
It was nice how they did it! Claire was excited. She loved getting a lot of signatures at once too.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:24 PM   #662
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

YAY you are updating again!!!! I can't wait to see more pictures!

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Tinkermom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2011, 02:38 PM   #663
dekkerdisneydreamer
Raising Disneyholics one at a time!

What a perfect princess pictorama! Claire really looks to be enjoying herself. Is it me, or do you think these princesses are a bit better than in the parks? They seem to have an extra bit of sparkle to them? Maybe it's just me.....

dekkerdisneydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:47 PM   #664
floydfamily4
DIS Veteran

I just have to tell you I AM IN LOVE WITH YOUR REPORT!!! OK. I said it and I am not ashamed Keep the details and pictures coming - they make me smile while I dream a little dream
Old 05-19-2011, 05:04 PM   #665
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
YAY you are updating again!!!! I can't wait to see more pictures!
Yes! I am so happy to have my computer back

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekkerdisneydreamer View Post
What a perfect princess pictorama! Claire really looks to be enjoying herself. Is it me, or do you think these princesses are a bit better than in the parks? They seem to have an extra bit of sparkle to them? Maybe it's just me.....
Thanks. I do agree, I like the ship's Princesses much better. They seemed nicer and prettier too. I have seen som "not so pretty princesses" at the parks a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydfamily4 View Post
I just have to tell you I AM IN LOVE WITH YOUR REPORT!!! OK. I said it and I am not ashamed Keep the details and pictures coming - they make me smile while I dream a little dream
Thanks so much. I just love to take pictures...good and bad.. and love to share them too.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:10 PM   #666
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great princess pictures. I think Tiana is the most beautiful of the "princesses" there that Claire saw--she just radiates.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #667
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Oooohhhh Cinderella is next! She is my favorite and DD's too. Tiana has the prettiest dress though by far! I just love it! I hope we get to meet her since we have never had the chance either. Such a pretty place for the princess meet and greet by the grand staircase. I just wish they had Rapunzel out. And I love Claire's dress. It would be perfect for AK too.
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:18 PM   #669
KS929
DCL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Check this out...The fantasy is going to have a BBB/Pirates league!!!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...+Parks+Blog%29
I got a question!!

Were there any opportunities for a family portrait in front of the staircase in the atrium? I'm dying for one! lol… I can't wait 'till we sail! Just 2 and a half more months!

TIA!

btw, I'M LOVIN YOUR TRIP REPORT SO FAR! :D

KS929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:27 PM   #670
joy13
DIS Veteran

Ok - all caught up! The Dolphin Encounter looked very fun - thanks for sharing the video! That looked like a great princess meet too.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:46 AM   #671
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great princess pictures. I think Tiana is the most beautiful of the "princesses" there that Claire saw--she just radiates.

She was really pretty! Claire's a little shy around them, but then she talks all about it afterwards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Oooohhhh Cinderella is next! She is my favorite and DD's too. Tiana has the prettiest dress though by far! I just love it! I hope we get to meet her since we have never had the chance either. Such a pretty place for the princess meet and greet by the grand staircase. I just wish they had Rapunzel out. And I love Claire's dress. It would be perfect for AK too.
I love Tianas dress too. I love how swooshy it is! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS929 View Post
I got a question!!

Were there any opportunities for a family portrait in front of the staircase in the atrium? I'm dying for one! lol… I can't wait 'till we sail! Just 2 and a half more months!

TIA!

btw, I'M LOVIN YOUR TRIP REPORT SO FAR! :D
I don't know. I "think" there was the last night. We didn't have portraits done that night. It was super busy when we walked by at one time, and I know they had 3 or 4 spots set up. I thought we could go back after dinner, but they were already packed up by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13 View Post
Ok - all caught up! The Dolphin Encounter looked very fun - thanks for sharing the video! That looked like a great princess meet too.
Thanks. It was fun. I hope to get more up today. It's gonna be a busy few days if all goes according to plan here.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:16 AM   #672
GoofyWife
Mouseketeer

so glad you have your computer back and are updating again. What a great idea having all the princesses together at one time - Ariel is still my favorite (and this will age me!) - but Little Mermaid was the first Disney movie my kids saw, it had just come out when they were little and my sister sent me a copy of the VHS and my kids (and me and my husband LOL) fell in love with it - they had to watch it everyday during that summer. Can't wait to hear more!
2009 - POP
2013 - Offsite trip
GoofyWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:40 AM   #673
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyWife View Post
so glad you have your computer back and are updating again. What a great idea having all the princesses together at one time - Ariel is still my favorite (and this will age me!) - but Little Mermaid was the first Disney movie my kids saw, it had just come out when they were little and my sister sent me a copy of the VHS and my kids (and me and my husband LOL) fell in love with it - they had to watch it everyday during that summer. Can't wait to hear more!
Little Mermaid came out when my sister was little. I can't remember the year, but I think I might've been in high school. I never watched it till years later. never saw it in the theaters either. But it is one of my favorites. It has fabulous music!
Old 05-20-2011, 08:43 AM   #674
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Well it was Cinderella…of course!

And the photographers

That was fun…we had seen all the Princesses….or had we? Wait, ……What do I see? I look up and see ANOTHER Princess up on the next deck having a Meet and Greet as well.
It’s a must do for us, so we hike up a flight of stairs and get in line.

I took a few shots while we waited.

This is the Vista Café, tucked away in the corner.

And then it was our turn to visit one last Princess. She did a few Swirls for us!

Princess Minnie!!!!!

And the Photographers

After all the Meet and Greets it was time to get the Detective card so Claire and Mom could start a new adventure. Claire WAS NOT going to let us forget about this at all!

We now had our card in hand and activated. We had found that you could only activate a card to do this at certain times during the day…but I “think” you could do the actual adventure at any time of the day once you had the card. We also grabbed a map of where each picture was for the mission. There were 2 to choose from and Claire and Mom decided on one they wanted to do. The card would work for both though.

One more thing had to be done before they went off though. We needed lunch!
We hadn’t eaten since breakfast, and Claire hadn’t eaten much then. She griped a bit, but gave in when we told her there would be no mission unless she ate something. We headed to Cabanas to find that they had very little out at that time of day.

There was enough to make Claire happy though and I filled a plate for her.

Mom went off in search of the fast food services. She came back shortly and said she couldn’t find them, so I left her and Claire and went and looked. They were quite a ways down…on the other side of the pools. I got a plate of a few items for Mom and I and headed back. It was all decent food. I don’t have a picture of the wraps we had because they were so good we both gobbled them up immediately.

After we ate, we headed back to the room once again. Mom told me that she did talk to Dad (she had phone service in the Bahamas) and that he did make it to his sisters house. He was frazzled, but made it. He told her a bit about his day so far. My cousin and her family were also visiting and he said they had all left to go to the beach for the day, so he and my Aunt and Uncle were spending the day together.

I decided to stay in the room and get cleaned up while Mom and Claire went off on their mission…well actually Claire told me I wasn’t even allowed to come. LOL! She said it was something special for just her and Adda! (Pronounced Odd-ah…that’s what the kids call my Mom).
Old 05-20-2011, 09:05 AM   #675
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Ohh, Princess Minnie is just adorable!!!

It sounds like you had such fabulous time on your cruise. I can't wait to hear about the Detective Card game.

jeremysdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: