Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-09-2011, 11:04 AM   #541
photographymom517
DIS Veteran
 
photographymom517's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 1,381

Love the update Jen!!!

Also, Happy Mother's Day!!! Sorry its late, I didn't get on DIS yesterday! Hope you had a great day!!!
__________________
photographymom517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:04 AM   #542
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 24,875

You know I can sympathize with you on the lost pictures since I've had it happen to me a time or two. I agree with the other posters, though...the pictures that you do have a great and capture the memories well. I can tell that Claire is excited from the way she is smiling from ear to ear.

The dolphin enounter seems like a lot of fun. It was nice to hear that they don't make the dolphins do anything they don't want to do.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-09-2011, 11:12 AM   #543
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran
 
JPFamilyMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming
Posts: 1,534

All your pictures are great as usual. i think you got some really nice shots of the lighthouse.

How fun that dolphin encounter looks, can't wait to see more
__________________
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:52 AM   #544
Woth2982
DIS Veteran
 
Woth2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,046

Love the update! So excited you did the Blue Lagoon Island Encounter! I was going to do that this week, but I have had a crazy work schedule and no one would step up to the plate and book it, so I am going parasailing instead! Sometimes it stinks being the one who always organizes everything! Cannot wait to hear the rest!
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:39 PM   #545
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran
 
SoonerGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 4,849

Ooooo, so excited that you did the dolphin encounter, that's the one we have booked too! Can't wait to hear more about it!

I do have a question for you, did they allow you to wear sunscreen while participating in this excursion? It seems like I read somewhere that you couldn't because it wasn't good for the dolphins. I am very fair skinned however and I'm afraid I'll look like a lobster afterwards if I can't put any on!
__________________
SoonerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:55 PM   #546
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran
 
jeremysdisneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,966

Wow, Nassau looks beautiful. I can't wait to read more about your Dolphin encounter. It looks like so much fun.
__________________
[/url]

jeremysdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:14 PM   #547
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,877

It's been such a buys day. We went on Claire's last feild trip of the year. It was a gorgeous day and the kids had a lot of fun, but Claire has that glassy, tired look in her eyes right now...and we still need to go to the grocery store.
I lent my spare car seat out to a child who didn't bring one....and the kid wet her pants in it! She didn't say anything to me or her driver (my friend) but I noticed something smelled not long after I put it in the car and then Claire said..."Yuck, that seat is wet!" So I knew what happened. I took the seat cushion off and it is in the washer as we speak!
I hope to get an update up today, but it might not be till tomorrow. I worked on it a bit yesterday and one part was time consuming and after that I quit for the day. If I can get the rest of the pictures edited tonight, I'll post it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dekkerdisneydreamer View Post
Ahh!! I can't wait for more!! Dolphins are truly one of my favorite animals, and seeing the pictures that you took made me teary eyed. I hope you were able to get a good interaction. Dot looks absolutely beautiful. Sigh.

More please!
It was really nice to do. Dot was very friendly.


Quote:
Originally Posted by photographymom517 View Post
Love the update Jen!!!

Also, Happy Mother's Day!!! Sorry its late, I didn't get on DIS yesterday! Hope you had a great day!!!
Thanks. It was just like any other day, except Claire had gone with my Mom to Columbus for the weekend, so little quieter. Till she came home and was a bit grouchy from being spoiled rotten and lack of sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You know I can sympathize with you on the lost pictures since I've had it happen to me a time or two. I agree with the other posters, though...the pictures that you do have a great and capture the memories well. I can tell that Claire is excited from the way she is smiling from ear to ear.

The dolphin enounter seems like a lot of fun. It was nice to hear that they don't make the dolphins do anything they don't want to do.
I know you know that feeling. It's so awful. I am so glad I had 3 cameras going and that that wasn't my main one.
She was very excited about it. It was nice that they treat their dolphins well. I read about them prior to going and it sounded like they were one of the better places to do it. It appeared all the trainers were very passionate about the animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
All your pictures are great as usual. i think you got some really nice shots of the lighthouse.

How fun that dolphin encounter looks, can't wait to see more
Thanks. Hope to post more soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Love the update! So excited you did the Blue Lagoon Island Encounter! I was going to do that this week, but I have had a crazy work schedule and no one would step up to the plate and book it, so I am going parasailing instead! Sometimes it stinks being the one who always organizes everything! Cannot wait to hear the rest!
You are brave!!!! When do you go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Ooooo, so excited that you did the dolphin encounter, that's the one we have booked too! Can't wait to hear more about it!

I do have a question for you, did they allow you to wear sunscreen while participating in this excursion? It seems like I read somewhere that you couldn't because it wasn't good for the dolphins. I am very fair skinned however and I'm afraid I'll look like a lobster afterwards if I can't put any on!
I never heard anyone tell us not too. I brought some along, but dumb me, forgot to actually apply it before going on the dock, so Claire and I got a little red. But I put it on as soon as we got back to our bag.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Wow, Nassau looks beautiful. I can't wait to read more about your Dolphin encounter. It looks like so much fun.
I think if you do an excursion, you can see some of the best of Nassau. There are some undesirables too. I've had a good time both times I've been there, but many don't like it. I would say that if you don't book an excurstion, have some plan, and most likely you won't stay all day in port. Atlantis is very beautiful too. I didn't shop this time around, but some places can be pushy...especially the straw Market.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:57 PM   #549
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner
 
Caretames1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 3,351

The dolphin encounter looks like it wasn't too crowded. I suppose a lot of people at once would be a lot for the dolphins to handle. I'm wondering of Clarie was scared at all or did she just jump right in?


I know, wait patiently
__________________
2014, A Disney Free Year
IN PROGRESS: SURPRISE...You forgot WHAT!?!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022868
SURPRISE! Can we do it again? Nov 2012 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post44413308
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:58 PM   #550
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!
 
petals's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,662

luvin the dolphin update
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:54 PM   #551
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,877

Dot did a few tricks while our guy (I can’t remember his name, but he was really good and friendly) told us about her.
The photographer also told us about few options. One was a book and a CD of the pictures he took. No one wanted it. I asked about just a CD, and he didn’t know the price…which led me to believe that he didn’t take a lot of pictures unless you bought the book. I didn’t buy the book, but looking back, I wish I did.

Claire and I also wore water shoes, and they asked us to take those off.

















We then took turns getting into the water by families. We picked one family member to get a kiss from our Dolphin and they shot a picture of it. That water was SOOOO COLD! The adults had to crouch down into the water and WOW!...Quite the shock.
Another thing, the platform you stand on is full of algae. Really gross feeling. And slippery too.

I handed off my camera to another family to take our picture. That’s what most of us did while in the water. We just asked some another family who was not in the water to take pictures. It worked out pretty good. I know I took a ton of one family with their camera. LOL!







Take note of the girl sitting on the right side in the background looking at her camera…….



After each family got a picture taken with Dot, we then got called back into the water in groups to interact with her. This is when I realized I hadn’t put sunscreen on. Luckily we didn’t get TOO burned, but we both got red. I was sitting with my back totally exposed to the sun, and I knew Claire was getting hit hard too. But the sunscreen was up in the locker, so we stuck it out.

Every so often Dot would swim away and we would have to wait for her to decide to come back. And every so often we would get some other rogue Dolphin coming in for a visit.

jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:00 PM   #552
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,877

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
That dolphin encounter looks awesome! How fun!
It was pretty neat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
The dolphin encounter looks like it wasn't too crowded. I suppose a lot of people at once would be a lot for the dolphins to handle. I'm wondering of Clarie was scared at all or did she just jump right in?


I know, wait patiently
They had several encounters and swims going on at the same time so they could keep the groups numbers down.

I just did a small update. I knew it was going to take me too long to go through the rest of the pictures yet and wasn't sure if I would even get to them tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
luvin the dolphin update
Just added a bit more!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:19 PM   #553
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran
 
RinkyTinkyTinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,061

I'm loving it! I have heard the water is very cold. I guess you get distracted though so it's not so bad. The water looks beautiful though. What time did you book your excursion for? I think I read the first one is at 9:30??? Also, did they allow you take your camera in the water? I thought I read on their website that you could, but now I am wondering since you had someone taking pictures for you.
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:34 PM   #554
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran
 
RinkyTinkyTinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,061

I was just looking at the BL Dolphin Encounters website and I found a place where you can enter the date and time of your excursion and it will pull up all the pictures that were taken of your group. I'm sure yours would be in there. They still have all the photos for sale, but even if you don't want to order them, it would be neat to see them. Here's the link:

http://www.printroom.com/pro/dolphin...s/default.asp?

Last edited by RinkyTinkyTinky; 05-09-2011 at 09:52 PM.
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:26 AM   #555
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,877

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
I'm loving it! I have heard the water is very cold. I guess you get distracted though so it's not so bad. The water looks beautiful though. What time did you book your excursion for? I think I read the first one is at 9:30??? Also, did they allow you take your camera in the water? I thought I read on their website that you could, but now I am wondering since you had someone taking pictures for you.
I did the 9:30, which means you meeet at 9:30 in the Buena Vista Theatre.
Yes with Blue Lagoon you can take your camera in the water, but honestly it's too hard to do pictures of your own family in the water. You are all right next to each other. So it's better to pass it off. Atlantis doesn't allow the cameras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
I was just looking at the BL Dolphin Encounters website and I found a place where you can enter the date and time of your excursion and it will pull up all the pictures that were taken of your group. I'm sure yours would be in there. They still have all the photos for sale, but even if you don't want to order them, it would be neat to see them. Here's the link:

http://www.printroom.com/pro/dolphin...s/default.asp?
Yes, I did know that.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: