Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2011, 07:26 PM   #271
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
I love the pictures. i like the room. The Easter Bunny must have found a sale on purses. There was a purse basket for my Mom at our house...not a Mickey one though. The picture I really liked had the Dooney and Burke in it!!
Yes he did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy5767 View Post
Yeah room pics! It does look lovely. When I looked at the website for the Dream, I saw that one room category had a round tub and one have the rectangle, and some didn't have a tub. I guess it depended on your category.

I loved the pics of the girls in the matching dresses. They're very pretty and easy to see why you both picked the same.

I can't wait to read about how your day went. I loved the detailed itinerary. It looks better than the one RC gave us in Alaska. Too bad it rained on departure day. It would probably do the same for me. When we were in Alaska, it was cold and rainy alot. At least you didn't have cold.

The food looks good. I don't eat shellfish, so I'd skip that and probably go for fishy fish and/or something vegetarian. That's what I usually pick. Its rare, but sometimes I'll get the filet mignon if its a special occasion... maybe once ever couple years!! I'm not willing to waste my daily points on meat when I can save them for dessert!
I think the only ones that are just showers are the handicapp assecible ones. Thats one thing people like about DCL. They actually ahve tubs. It is nice when you have kids.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:08 PM   #272
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

The ship pictures are so interesting. The room is drop dead gorgeous! The last time that I cruised the rooms were nice, but nothing like that!

Kudos on having such a wonderful EB! Our Easter is pretty quiet, no more baskets or eggs. No little ones here to celebrate with.

The girls looked so sweet in the matching dresses. I can see why you bought Claire's.

I was looking at those purses today at Disney online. I'm having a hard time deciding on a favorite.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2011, 08:15 PM   #273
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

The room is gorgeous! I could SO see myself there. Man, next time your husband can't make it, give me a buzz, OK?????

And the girls' Easter dresses are adorable! How funny they were the same!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:04 PM   #274
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

wow you put up updates quick, had to catch up

I love the room, all the special touches that Disney adds, no wonder we are so addicted to their vacations!!!

I love the port and the model of the ship. I haven't seen a picture of the aqua duck yet, can't wait to hear about that!!!

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Tinkermom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:34 PM   #275
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
The ship pictures are so interesting. The room is drop dead gorgeous! The last time that I cruised the rooms were nice, but nothing like that!

Kudos on having such a wonderful EB! Our Easter is pretty quiet, no more baskets or eggs. No little ones here to celebrate with.

The girls looked so sweet in the matching dresses. I can see why you bought Claire's.

I was looking at those purses today at Disney online. I'm having a hard time deciding on a favorite.
The rooms were really nice. It was twice the size of the one we stayed on last time on NCL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
The room is gorgeous! I could SO see myself there. Man, next time your husband can't make it, give me a buzz, OK?????

And the girls' Easter dresses are adorable! How funny they were the same!
I will! It was funny how we got the same dresses. Claire picked it out herself and the next day we got an Easter card from my sister with the girls wearing those dresses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
wow you put up updates quick, had to catch up

I love the room, all the special touches that Disney adds, no wonder we are so addicted to their vacations!!!

I love the port and the model of the ship. I haven't seen a picture of the aqua duck yet, can't wait to hear about that!!!
I'm trying to get pictures edited fast as I can get a deal if I order 365 tomorrow with snapfish, but I'm not going as fast as I had hopped. I basically need to edit 300 more. LOL! But I can also go to my photopass CD and order some from that too.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:27 PM   #276
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Love the verandah room! We won't have a verandah this time but we will next time! You mentioned a waterproof camera... what kind do you have?
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:43 PM   #277
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Love the room photos! The disney rooms are so big in comparison with other cruise lines! You are keeping us in decent suspense!
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:12 AM   #278
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Jen, your room looks so nice! The verandah is HUGE! Wow, I'm impressed.

The girls look so adorable in their Easter dresses.

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:20 AM   #279
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Love the verandah room! We won't have a verandah this time but we will next time! You mentioned a waterproof camera... what kind do you have?
I never had a verandah before, but I think I am a snob now! LOL!
I have a fuji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Love the room photos! The disney rooms are so big in comparison with other cruise lines! You are keeping us in decent suspense!
It was a nice room. I was impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
Jen, your room looks so nice! The verandah is HUGE! Wow, I'm impressed.

The girls look so adorable in their Easter dresses.

It was nice. Thanks. I thought they looked sweet too.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:30 AM   #280
GoofyWife
Mouseketeer

Jen - back at work catching up on your trip report! Everything looks amazing, I can't wait until DH and I can go on a cruise - I'm thinking of asking my sister (my OLDER sister) and her DH if they want to go with us when we go, I think she is a DVC member and she might like going too, especially if we go during November (she doesn't like hot weather). Keep the trip report coming - I need something to break up my work day
2009 - POP
2013 - Offsite trip
GoofyWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:13 AM   #281
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Your room on the ship is amazing! It's bigger than I imagined it would look.

LOL on Claire's "Mom your to slow" pic. Kadence would have been yelling at me too.

Love Claire's Easter dress! The flowers so make it.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:45 AM   #282
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyWife View Post
Jen - back at work catching up on your trip report! Everything looks amazing, I can't wait until DH and I can go on a cruise - I'm thinking of asking my sister (my OLDER sister) and her DH if they want to go with us when we go, I think she is a DVC member and she might like going too, especially if we go during November (she doesn't like hot weather). Keep the trip report coming - I need something to break up my work day
I hope you can go. It was an amzing trip.
I got another one ready to post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Your room on the ship is amazing! It's bigger than I imagined it would look.

LOL on Claire's "Mom your to slow" pic. Kadence would have been yelling at me too.

Love Claire's Easter dress! The flowers so make it.
Yes, there were several times Mom and Claire left me in the dust because I was lagging behind snapping pictures.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:54 AM   #283
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Your room is just as impressive as the rest of the ship! I love all of the Mickey details. So pretty!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:02 AM   #284
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We unpacked a bit from what we had in the room with us so far. Claire and I decorated our door with magnets. I put out our Fish Extender.

Sadly I don’t think I ever took a picture of our door with the magnets or fish extender.
I took a look at the Navigator and saw that the Port shopping talk was going to start soon. I told Mom that we were going to go see it and she wanted to come as well. We looked on our ship map to see where The Buena Vista Theatre was, and made our way there.

I took a few shots as we passed the Atrium again.

And another shot. I just couldn’t stop taking pictures of it.

On our way again!

I have no clue where this was….or what it was, but it looks pretty…even though I took it crooked.

We entered The Buena Vista Theatre from the top level on deck 5. But they had all the handouts at the deck 4 entrance, so I went back and picked those flyers up.

Evidently I have bad balance or I am lopsided…here’s another crooked picture.

Soon Whitney started. She talked a lot about where to find jewelry. We oohed and ahhed. She would through out freebies, but honestly she mostly handed them to the same people in the front row. I was getting a little sleepy. Evidently Whitney has a soothing voice. I was actually starting to nod off and would catch myself. I didn’t think I could last much longer. I moved around in my seat and tried to stay awake, but it just wasn’t going to happen. I looked at Claire and she looked bored to tears…my escape! LOL! I asked her if she had to go potty and she said yes, very badly. I told Mom we were leaving and I was taking Claire potty and we would meet up with her later.

Once I got moving I felt back to normal. In search of a bathroom we came across Chip and Dale roaming around. This was not an actual meet and greet and it was hard to get a picture with them, as they just kept moving along. I actually didn’t like this. So many people would crowd the characters and try for a picture (who wouldn’t?) and it made it a little less magical to me.

Some kids were able to snag an autograph so Claire got her book out, but they never did sign hers.

I was able to take a very quick shot of Claire with Dale though. It was hard though as people were crowding and I just lifted the camera and snapped.

We then asked a nearby CM where the nearest bathroom was. He directed us and off we went. Now this may sound funny…but WOW. The bathrooms are so cool on the ship!

We headed out and decided to work our way back to the room.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:09 AM   #285
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Your room is just as impressive as the rest of the ship! I love all of the Mickey details. So pretty!
It was nice. I swear I walked around with my mouth wide open most of the time.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: