Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #256
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Wow, the Easter bunny sure is a friendly guy!

I can't believe how amazing everything on the ship looks so far!
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:38 PM   #257
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Wow! That's one nice easter bunny bringing you that nice handbag! How many carrots did you leave for the easter bunny to get you such a surprise?

I just LOVE the story of Claire waking you up in the very early morning! So cute! Thanks for letting us share your family life! ...... and your vacations too!
Easter Bunny got lettuce because we were out of carrots.
He also got it on sale. That bag was $220 at the park before tax, Easter Bunny got it online at the Disney Store on sale for $143, including tax and shipped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
The ship is amazing, wow, can't wait to see pictures of your room.

LOVE love love the new purse, so cute.

Great pictures
I have that update ready to post. I am editing a few more Easter pics and then will post the room update too.
I love the purse too. I'm alsmot afraid to use it....nah, not really!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
Wow, the Easter bunny sure is a friendly guy!

I can't believe how amazing everything on the ship looks so far!
I love the Easter Bunny. He brought Skip socks! But that is all Skip wanted.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2011, 02:41 PM   #258
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Love the purse. EB really knows you!

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:46 PM   #259
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We went out for brunch with my family.
Skip had to leave early to go back and work,so he handed me some money to py. He is being a big dork here and looking like he means business with this money. Of course we all laughed at him.

A bad shot of Paige.

Some of you may remember complaining a bit about my son. He has no respect for anyone anymore. He is on his "own" time. He arrived 1 hour late to brunch, he ate with not much talk, was a little rude when he did talk and then went home. He said he didn't feel well. But no one even believes a word he says much anymore. Oh and of course it wasn't his fault he was late...though I'm not sure who's fault it was. We exchanged Easter gifts at my sisters house, so I never even gave Michael his. He's probably panicing that I forgot to give him something...and he will ask for it. Sometimes I wonder how he could even be related to me....then I remember who his dad is. They are identicle.

Claire and her cousin. We did not buy the same dress on purpose. We found out after we both bought the dresses that we had matching outfits.

Back at my sisters house

The 3 twinkies

Paige and her boyfriend Jordan

Old 04-25-2011, 04:14 PM   #261
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Wow, I was several updates behind, between baseball and the holiday I haven't had much DIS time the last few days! I'm so excited that you are finally on the ship, she looks beautiful!!

What a great guy that Easter Bunny is bringing you a Mickey D&B!! I have that same purse and I love it
Old 04-25-2011, 04:38 PM   #262
JennyT2
Mouseketeer

Love the pics of food at cabanas! My dd is a complete chicken soup addict? How was the soup at cabanas?

Next DCL trip Aug/2015
JennyT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:11 PM   #263
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Wow, I was several updates behind, between baseball and the holiday I haven't had much DIS time the last few days! I'm so excited that you are finally on the ship, she looks beautiful!!

What a great guy that Easter Bunny is bringing you a Mickey D&B!! I have that same purse and I love it
Love the Easter Bunny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyT2 View Post
Love the pics of food at cabanas! My dd is a complete chicken soup addict? How was the soup at cabanas?
I never tasted it. I think Claire liked it. She was not eating a whole lot that meal, but I know she had at least a couple of bites of the soup. Once we mentioned going to our room she kind of decided to stop eating.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:41 PM   #264
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Before we left Cabanas, I asked a server what was going to happen with the Sail Away party if the rain continued. He said he had no clue. He had been working with Disney since Sept and had never had a rainy departure day. I knew that something would be done, and I was sure at some point and time we would be told.

We went out of the back of Cabanas and down a few flights of stairs to Deck 7 where our room 7666 was. Just right around the corner too. We were surprised to find one of my bags was already waiting for us outside the door.
Mom got a little worried that her bag wasnít there yet. I assured her that this was early and it could still take a few hours for it to arrive.
The room was gorgeous for a cruise ship room. Everything was new and looked fresh. I was amazed at how roomy it was as well. Not a big room in hotel standards, but in cruise hip standards this room was a very nice size. And the verandah looked awesome!

I quickly pulled out the camera and shot a few pictures.

This is looking at the door.

The door on the left is for an adjoining room. Obviously we didnít use that door at all.

The couch.

View of the port from our veranda.

The lamp

Guess who decided to pop in front of me when I try to shoot the bathroom!
This is one of the split bathrooms. This side has a sink and a shower/tub combo. I was impressed with how big the tub actually was.

I went to take pictures of the other bathroom, the one with the toilet, but the light didnít work. I called about it and they said they would send someone to fix it. It was working when we came back later. I donít think I ever did end up taking pictures of that side thenÖbut maybe Iíll find them later if I did.

Obviously by the time on the clock, I didnít take this picture when we were in the room at that time. I mustíve taken it the next day. It was on the waterproof camera. I have no clue why I used it for this, except maybe testing it out.

Old 04-25-2011, 05:53 PM   #266
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

The room looks very nice, but like you said small compared to most hotel rooms. Was the space in the room ever a problem?

Love the pillow and comforter on the bed and your view is VERY nice. I can't wait to see if you ever saw any marine life from your veranda.

I can't wait to see what you did that evening.
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:05 PM   #267
Mean Queen
If only life were like a musical....
I always appreciate snarky
A whole zoo!
I blame it all on the computer

Your tub was different than the one we had. Ours was circular with a shelf area and a rain shower head above. I didn't get a great shot of the tub itself but I did get the ceiling with the shower heads.

DVC Owners - SSR & BLT DCL: 11/05 ~ 5/07 ~ 11/08 ~ 6/09 ~ 8/10 ~ 3/11B2B ~ 11/11 ~ 6/12 ~9/12 ~ 11/13 ~ 1/14 ~ 6/14 ~ 11/14 ~ 3/15 ~ 11/15
Mean Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:18 PM   #268
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
Ooooh room pictures!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
The room looks very nice, but like you said small compared to most hotel rooms. Was the space in the room ever a problem?

Love the pillow and comforter on the bed and your view is VERY nice. I can't wait to see if you ever saw any marine life from your veranda.

I can't wait to see what you did that evening.
At times if we had the suitcases pulled out it was a little more cramped. Mostly if I started to pull mine out, then Mom would pull hers too and that made it harder. I could'ved done without the coffee table thing too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Queen View Post
Your tub was different than the one we had. Ours was circular with a shelf area and a rain shower head above. I didn't get a great shot of the tub itself but I did get the ceiling with the shower heads.
I saw that some rooms had a round tub as well. I can't remember if I read why some did or not though. They looked kind of cool though.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:21 PM   #269
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

I love the pictures. i like the room. The Easter Bunny must have found a sale on purses. There was a purse basket for my Mom at our house...not a Mickey one though. The picture I really liked had the Dooney and Burke in it!!
Old 04-25-2011, 06:44 PM   #270
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

Yeah room pics! It does look lovely. When I looked at the website for the Dream, I saw that one room category had a round tub and one have the rectangle, and some didn't have a tub. I guess it depended on your category.

I loved the pics of the girls in the matching dresses. They're very pretty and easy to see why you both picked the same.

I can't wait to read about how your day went. I loved the detailed itinerary. It looks better than the one RC gave us in Alaska. Too bad it rained on departure day. It would probably do the same for me. When we were in Alaska, it was cold and rainy alot. At least you didn't have cold.

The food looks good. I don't eat shellfish, so I'd skip that and probably go for fishy fish and/or something vegetarian. That's what I usually pick. Its rare, but sometimes I'll get the filet mignon if its a special occasion... maybe once ever couple years!! I'm not willing to waste my daily points on meat when I can save them for dessert!

Mindy5767 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: