Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2011, 07:50 AM   #226
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Hey Jen, I am woefully behind! I think it's because I keep expecting to see your TR over on the regular TR board!

I hope you, Skip and Claire have a Happy Easter!

ETA: Holy cow, those pics of The Dream are stunning! No wonder you were blown away. Gorgeous!
Glad you found me. I have been thinking of putting something on the regular board to direct people to my TR. I have had several messages of people asking me if I started yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy5767 View Post
The anticipation is too much!!! I went over to the Disney official site for the cruises and did the virtual stateroom tour and looked at the stateroom categories. Boy, those are gorgeous staterooms!! I like them all. I think I'd even be happy with a standard inside stateroom.... just as long as I have enough room to stow all my stuff!! I bring alot of stuff!
The inside rooms look awesome too. In fact on some sailings the inside room costs more than an ocean veiw room.
IH, and under the bed there is a ton of room for luggage. In fact one went way back under the bed for us and we had to make Claire crawl under to fetch it!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:54 AM   #227
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Yeah, another update!

Getting on the ship is breathtaking, isn't it? You get me so excited with you pics. And then soooo stunned - the lobby looks so different and then so familiar, if that makes sense.
I can't wait to read more and see more pics!

Happy Easter, Jen and family!

It does make sense. It was just so mezmorizing!

Happy Easter to you too!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2011, 08:27 AM   #229
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh Jen, I don't blame you one bit for not remembering what the castmember said to you. The ship is gorgeous!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:27 AM   #230
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Almost forgot to tell you HAPPY EASTER!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:47 AM   #231
Daisy Duke
Mouseketeer

Great update, Jen! It looks stunning, especially that stained glass light fixture! Love it!!

Happy Easter!
Old 04-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #232
S'sMom
DIS Veteran

Ok...add me to the fun!!

I just got caught up reading your TR. Just reading it really is putting me in the mood for our cruise in June!!
Old 04-24-2011, 12:41 PM   #233
Rebecky
Mouseketeer

Talking

I've been lurking and just had to say that the first thing I thought of when I woke up was I hope there is a new post on her trip! Thank you so much for posting as you go. I almost feel as if I'm there with you!
Old 04-24-2011, 01:15 PM   #234
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Happy Easter to you, Skip and Claire.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:30 PM   #235
dawne98
DIS Veteran

Happy Easter!
I am so loving your TR
we are not going on our 1st DCL until May 2012 and I just love how you showing so many photo's that others don't
dawne98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:40 PM   #236
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

The inside rooms look awesome too. In fact on some sailings the inside room costs more than an ocean veiw room.
IH, and under the bed there is a ton of room for luggage. In fact one went way back under the bed for us and we had to make Claire crawl under to fetch it!
Sometimes there is too much storage... on our Alaska cruise on RC somehow, even though I knew where I'd put it, when we packed up, some of Heidi's head bands and other hair accessories, like her brush, got left behind. The left and right mirror segments pulled forward and there were compartments behind it. They were in there, but somehow got left. I guess its worthy double checking the packing list before leaving to make sure all stowed items are located.

Mindy5767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:56 PM   #237
DisneyCruiser83
You jump, I jump, Jack!

I am loving your trip report, I love when people take the time to include a lot of detail! I really appreciate you writing everything up!
The Dream just looks SO MAGICAL! I love Claire's face in the pictures with her in the chair, so cute!
I can't wait to read more!

"The sea is His for He made it and His hands formed the dry land." Psalm 95:5
DisneyCruiser83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:46 PM   #238
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Oh my gosh Jen, I don't blame you one bit for not remembering what the castmember said to you. The ship is gorgeous!

It is so pretty. Just stunning. Words can't describe it and pictures can't do it justice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Almost forgot to tell you HAPPY EASTER!
Thanks! Happy Easter to you too. I am overstuffed and very tired from the long day though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Duke View Post
Great update, Jen! It looks stunning, especially that stained glass light fixture! Love it!!

Happy Easter!
Happy Easter. Isn't it pretty. I kept taking pictures of it through out the cruise too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S'sMom View Post
I just got caught up reading your TR. Just reading it really is putting me in the mood for our cruise in June!!
Thanks for reading. You will have so much fun. I want to book something now, just so I can Dream of going back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecky View Post
I've been lurking and just had to say that the first thing I thought of when I woke up was I hope there is a new post on her trip! Thank you so much for posting as you go. I almost feel as if I'm there with you!
Welcome and thanks for coming out of lurkdom. Feel free to post or ask questions at any time. I started the next update, but I am so tired, not sure if I wil lget more to it tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Happy Easter to you, Skip and Claire.

Thanks Kathy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawne98 View Post
Happy Easter!
I am so loving your TR
we are not going on our 1st DCL until May 2012 and I just love how you showing so many photo's that others don't
Thanks. I wish I would've taken the time to take even more. Sometimes I would think "come back later and take a picture" and I never did for some things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy5767 View Post
Sometimes there is too much storage... on our Alaska cruise on RC somehow, even though I knew where I'd put it, when we packed up, some of Heidi's head bands and other hair accessories, like her brush, got left behind. The left and right mirror segments pulled forward and there were compartments behind it. They were in there, but somehow got left. I guess its worthy double checking the packing list before leaving to make sure all stowed items are located.
Yes, we did a lot of looking a re-looking when it was time to pack up. We wanted to be sure we had everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCruiser83 View Post
I am loving your trip report, I love when people take the time to include a lot of detail! I really appreciate you writing everything up!
The Dream just looks SO MAGICAL! I love Claire's face in the pictures with her in the chair, so cute!
I can't wait to read more!
It is so Magical. Sometimes Claire likes to be my subject...and sometimes she doesn't. Thanks for reading along
Old 04-24-2011, 07:07 PM   #239
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We now entered the District area. This is the area with all the bars. We walked through here many times as well, but never actually came and had a drink or enjoyed any entertainment. It was very neat looking though.

Must follow the Star path!

“Come on Mom! You are going to slow!”

We reached the back of the ship and made our way up a few decks to Cabanas.

There was a slight line up, but it moved fast. As you walk in the CM’s hand you a sanitizer wipe for you hands. Another CM will ask how many in your group and then seat you at a table.

This was our view. On a sunny day it would be an excellent view. Today it was a drizzly view. I’m not complaining, but it would’ve been extra nice to have the sun out.

Looks like the rain is back!

I went up and got Claire’s food first. The buffet seemed endless. It went on forever.

I went up and got my food then.

And then Mom took her turn.

After we filled up on the main courses we also got a few desserts.

This was an awning/shade type thing on the top of the windows.

It was now about 1:40ish. We decided to finish up and head to see if our room was ready.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:15 PM   #240
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

OK, so you HAVE to know I'm drooling over that throne shot! Not to mention all the rest too!

Can't wait to see more!

I hope you guys had a great Easter!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: