Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2011, 02:27 PM   #196
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

A few more before we walked in.

When we went back inside I took a few more shots. I tried once more for the arch, but it was crowded up there again. I had no idea that people would actually stand around this area the whole time…..but they did.

Claire had to go potty so we made our way over there. Mom took her in while I stayed with the bags. I gave Skip another call to tell him about the day so far. As I was talking to him they announced that boarding was starting. It was a recorded announcement and it said something like numbers 1-6 could board. I thought WOW! A TON of people stood up to head to the front. Another announcement was then made, by a live person. The announcement was wrong. They were only boarding 1 (and maybe 2). I finished up the call with Skip and told him I would try to call one more time later before we set sail.
Mom came out with Claire and it was my turn. Let’s just say the terminal bathrooms are not very magical. They weren’t the worst I have seen, but they were not in Disney style.

We found a seat and waited to be called. We knew we would never miss our number because Claire was so excited and listened to every announcement made. She was keeping track of it all for us!
I think I pulled out my Navigator for the first time here and took a look at some things I wanted to do, or at least try to do.

I took a few more random shots while waiting for our number to be called.

Claire is still listening for our number.

And FINALLY it is called. I can’t remember the exact time, but I want to say it was around 12:30. Maybe a little later, but not much.

We worked our way to the Big Mickey Arch. Let me tell you, that was a chore. People are standing there waiting for there number and not allowing the ones called to get through. What’s the purpose of this? I basically said excuse me over and over and pushed our way through. It was the only way to do it.
It was so exciting though, so I didn’t let it bother me at all. I just thought it was dumb. I wish the CM’s would actually come up to them and tell them to move.
We scanned our KTTW card and stopped off for a picture.

We had two taken, and actually we all look better in the other EXCEPT that Mom has her eyes closed in that one.

We are now about to enter the DREAM!!!!!!!

jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:37 PM   #197
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Nice update. Why do people do that? They do it at the airport to when your section is called and you have to fight your way through the people. Hey, people...the plane or the ship is NOT going to leave without you and it would go a heck of a lot faster if you all would move out of the way.

I love how Claire is sitting there patinently waiting for your number to be called.
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2011, 02:38 PM   #198
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

This is so fun! I've never been on a cruise, and never read a cruise TR, so this is all uncharted territory for me.

I'm so excited you are boarding!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:44 PM   #199
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Love the update, Jen!

Boy, that brings back memories! People standing in doorways and blocking passages! Yip, been there, seen that!

I cannot wait to see your photos from inside the DREAM! we are 124 days away from meeting her in person!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:37 PM   #200
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

I love your parents. Your mom looks like such a sweet lady!

I'm so excited about boarding!! lol I'm excited about my upcoming RC cruise in 247 days. Even though, its a little less than maximally exciting because its not a Disney Cruise. I'd be WAY more excited if it was... but hey... its still a cruise and we're going to the Caribbean.. even if we don't get Pirate night! arghh

I sent my MIL an email about the new future Disney cruises leaving out of Galveston and she was like.. "I certainly will never be booking a Disney cruise!".. I was like She said she'd hate to be on a ship with all those people in weird costumes and hates when RC does it (she means the characters). She doesn't "get" it.. She thinks Disney cruises are only enjoyable for families with young children and wouldn't appeal to an older person.

Mindy5767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 05:47 PM   #201
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Nice update. Why do people do that? They do it at the airport to when your section is called and you have to fight your way through the people. Hey, people...the plane or the ship is NOT going to leave without you and it would go a heck of a lot faster if you all would move out of the way.

I love how Claire is sitting there patinently waiting for your number to be called.
Yes! It drives me nuts when people do this. Claire was very excited to get boarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
This is so fun! I've never been on a cruise, and never read a cruise TR, so this is all uncharted territory for me.

I'm so excited you are boarding!
I hope someday you can. It was a lot of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Love the update, Jen!

Boy, that brings back memories! People standing in doorways and blocking passages! Yip, been there, seen that!

I cannot wait to see your photos from inside the DREAM! we are 124 days away from meeting her in person!
Super annoying isn't it. I just didn't get it. They were literally blocking the roped aisleway you walk through. And they were probably holding a 17 boarding number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy5767 View Post
I love your parents. Your mom looks like such a sweet lady!

I'm so excited about boarding!! lol I'm excited about my upcoming RC cruise in 247 days. Even though, its a little less than maximally exciting because its not a Disney Cruise. I'd be WAY more excited if it was... but hey... its still a cruise and we're going to the Caribbean.. even if we don't get Pirate night! arghh

I sent my MIL an email about the new future Disney cruises leaving out of Galveston and she was like.. "I certainly will never be booking a Disney cruise!".. I was like She said she'd hate to be on a ship with all those people in weird costumes and hates when RC does it (she means the characters). She doesn't "get" it.. She thinks Disney cruises are only enjoyable for families with young children and wouldn't appeal to an older person.
You will have a lot of fun on RCL. Friends of ours just sailed on one and loved it. I hate when people seem negative about Disney. I know it's not for everyone, but they some times act like we are freaks for liking it. I post my TR on a parenting board I am on. Some are big Disney fans, while others say how they would never go etc. And you can bet they are also reading it and making comments. Asking questions, etc. But yet they still act like they would never be interested in anything Disney.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:38 PM   #202
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Can feel the excitement building as your about to enter the Dream!
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:24 PM   #203
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Just caught up on your last 3 updates! I can feel the excitment build in each one
Love the Mickey pictures, I take a million photos of each character meet too. It's the only way to catch unexpected moments

Too bad people crowd the walk way. It was like that when we flew to florida. They called zones, but people were in my way. It's dumb, you got a ticket, you'll all get on. I'd rather sit and wait than be in crushed in a crowd waiting for something that gonna happen no matter if I'm sitting or not.

Love the pics of the ship. Can't wait to see the inside
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:43 PM   #204
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Can feel the excitement building as your about to enter the Dream!

I was very excited. We all were

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Just caught up on your last 3 updates! I can feel the excitment build in each one
Love the Mickey pictures, I take a million photos of each character meet too. It's the only way to catch unexpected moments

Too bad people crowd the walk way. It was like that when we flew to florida. They called zones, but people were in my way. It's dumb, you got a ticket, you'll all get on. I'd rather sit and wait than be in crushed in a crowd waiting for something that gonna happen no matter if I'm sitting or not.

Love the pics of the ship. Can't wait to see the inside
It was so annoying. It was like that at the airport for both flights and at the cruise terminal. And the thing was, it wasn't likethere was a huge line to get on the ship. Everything moves very fast.
I probably won't up date till late tomorrow or late Sunday. I have a busy couple of days, so thats why I tried to get a few up yesterday and today. I know everyone wants to see the ship, but I am trying to give all the details leading to it too! Next post will be ON the ship though!
Old 04-22-2011, 08:51 PM   #205
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy knows you as more than just "Wife of Eric Roberts--XM Spy"

You've brought back some good memories for me when we cruised Disney in '08.

so far...so good...no 'mishaps'.....like dropping & breaking a camera or anything

bubba's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:01 PM   #206
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Love the last batch of pictures! I really like the DCL logo pics. And your shirts are great. Did you make those?
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:22 PM   #207
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Love all the pictures with Mickey, Claire is just too cute.

Icky about the less thank Disney bathrooms

Hooray for boarding Great family shot before entering. Loving the shirts and the building excitement.

Thanks for sharing pictures of your DCL booklet/itinerary so neat I knew there was a lot offered but WOW that makes me want to take a cruise now more than ever. But we agreed to wait until our youngest is at least 5, so another few years for me, but I'm sure enjoying a cruise experience through your TR
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:25 PM   #208
photographymom517
DIS Veteran

Ahh...no...Jen, don't stop there!!!!

While it was sad for me to have to stop reading your update AND only get to see you stepping onboard the ship, I DO completely understand!!! I, for one, have taken a break for the weekend from all of my online sites! I actually wasn't planning on even being on DIS tonight but Luke went to bed around 9pm which is super early for him. Its the first night I've had some "me time" and this is what I wanted to do!!!

I am soooo incredibly busy for Easter & I'm not even the one cooking dinner!!! It's just that all of my nieces/nephews have to split their time between their moms and dads (all are from divorced families) so all of our holidays end up being multiple days! My one nephew will only be with our side of the family tomorrow & my other niece & nephew will only be with us Sunday after 4pm. It makes things more hectic & stressful at times, but hey, I'm not complaining -- I love extended holidays!!!

I haven't even checked my email in 3 days because I've just been running here & there! Tomorrow I'm planning on making Easter cookies as well as boiling eggs. Hopefully tomorrow we'll get around to coloring eggs -- if not, Sunday morning we will for sure! Its sad that this year its taken so long, normally we have them colored weeks before Easter and then do it again a few days before! This year is just crazy!

So PLEASE take your time with your TR and don't worry about us!!! We all completely understand that sometimes life is busy & other things need to be done first!

Although...we would love to see those ship pictures....
Old 04-22-2011, 09:42 PM   #209
Mean Queen
If only life were like a musical....
I always appreciate snarky
A whole zoo!
I blame it all on the computer

We had the same problem with the crowds around the entrance when we first got on. They need to find a better system. Maybe have everyone sit in an area according to number.

DVC Owners - SSR & BLT DCL: 11/05 ~ 5/07 ~ 11/08 ~ 6/09 ~ 8/10 ~ 3/11B2B ~ 11/11 ~ 6/12 ~9/12 ~ 11/13 ~ 1/14
Mean Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:46 PM   #210
photographymom517
DIS Veteran

I love seeing Sailor Mickey!!! He is my favorite "cruise character!" Goofy is usually my favorite, but after seeing all the characters in their tropical/cruise outfits, I definitely pick Mickey this time!!!

Thanks for sharing all of the pictures of the port!!! It really makes me feel as if I'm there, which is extremely helpful!!! Next year, we're going on our first cruise. To tell you the truth, I was looking at the Wonder because the prices are cheaper than the Dream...but after seeing your pictures (so far) I'm starting to lean towards the Dream again!!!

I had to laugh when I saw your pics of the outside of the ship -- I was trying to convince my mom into taking a cruise & her comment was "You know, there aren't enough lifeboats for EVERYONE!" When I saw your picture, I thought of when she said that!

I think its really great that your mom was talking to so many of the CM's!!! My mom always does that on their Disney trips & she's made some great friends!!! We even made the one girl a little scrapbook last year & shipped it to her a few months after their vacation!!! I think its wonderful how the majority of the CM's have such a huge love for Disney!!! It's very interesting to talk to them & hear about their hometowns too! Last trip, we came across 4 CM's who lived within a 30 mile radius of our hometown!!

I know I've probably said it already on your dining report & maybe even here, but I really love your matching shirts!!! I had a tye-dye shirt made for my son last year & really need to find the lady who made it. I'd like to get one for myself this year as well! I know she was on the DIS but I can't remember her name.

I love seeing your pictures of Claire's excitement throughout the trip!!! That is what really makes reading TR's special to me -- the looks on the children's faces!!! Isn't that what vacations are all about?!?

I was actually getting some pictures made this evening at Walgreen's of our June Disney trip (yes it was over 10 months ago & I'm still getting pics made! lol) I remember alot of moments on the trip not through the details, but by Luke's reactions to things! Children give us such special vacation moments, don't they?

What do you have to do to register for the children's activities? Did you have to preregister Claire when you booked the cruise? Or did you just get in the line & do it at the port? I have no idea & would really like to do that next year for Luke. I've done some quotes for people for DCL, but none of them have kids so I haven't researched that area yet! Any advice/tips is appreciated!!!

I'd also love to hear what you thought about second seating for dining. I know you said it was good because you can spend a longer amount of time at the ports. I'm worried because I had my gallbladder removed in 2006 and my digestive system has never regulated itself. If I eat after 6-7pm, I get very sick & can't sleep all night, even when taking medication for it. I guess I could get a doctor's note or something, but I think I would prefer second seating so that we'd have extra time to do whatever we want before dinner. Geez, I'm so hard to please sometimes!

I really love the Personal Navigator!!! I wondered how we would know what events were going on throughout the cruise! Do they give you one each day or do you have to pick them up somewhere each morning? I didn't realize I'd have all of these questions!

The ship is just soooo beautiful!!!! I cannot wait to see more pictures of the inside & outside!!!! Everytime I look at the pictures, I just want to cruise even more!!!!

Have a good Easter!!! I'll catch up with your report at the beginning of next week!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: