Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2011, 10:23 AM   #2071
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Love all the pics of Claire. And pretty original and creative of her to think of posing like all the topiaries!

That Simba one is the cutest.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:38 AM   #2072
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekkerdisneydreamer View Post
Love the pick a pearl! I did this at SW in San Diego when I was about 8, I stil have the pearl. I would really like to do it again here. We'll see what we can do about that!

So many countries, so little passport stamps. It's okay though, you'll be back again and can get the rest of them.

I love the many poses of Claire! Especially the Simba/Rafiki one! So cute!

It's a good thing you got out of line. I wouldn't want to know what may have happened!
I remember the pick a pearls at Sea Wold in Ohio. My Mom would never let us do it because you would have to get it set...or just have a loose pearl that we would most likley lose. So it was really kind of fun to finally do it as an adult too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
AHHHH! The dreaded "I have to go potty"! Kadence did that on the Backlot tour. I rushed her to the bathroom and ran on to te tram area. I wish I would have wait so we could have seen all the movie props there.

Love Claires posing I'm glad we got the goofy kids that do that. I've seen some who won't even look at the camera at all. But then again, some stubborness makes for a great photo (ex..Claire at Epcot with the Tinker Bell border!)
Sometimes she has to go at the most inconvenient times. But I have to make the judgment call then on if it's truely an emergnecy or if she just has t ogo a trickle...which sometimes she thinks is one.
I loved the Rafiki/simba pose too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Love all the pics of Claire. And pretty original and creative of her to think of posing like all the topiaries!

That Simba one is the cutest.
She was pretty funny. I like that one too. She really went all out there.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2011, 02:47 PM   #2073
joy13
DIS Veteran

The Pick-a-Pearl looks really cool, I may have to do that with Maddie this trip! I watched the Rapunzel's tower video - I think the hair was lighting up during the day too - since her hair lights up anytime she sings the song. Too bad that's gone - Maddie LOVES that movie! THough maybe it's good, because we might have to stand there a long time if it were still there - lol. I love all of Claire's posing - too cute!
Old 09-16-2011, 09:33 PM   #2074
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13 View Post
The Pick-a-Pearl looks really cool, I may have to do that with Maddie this trip! I watched the Rapunzel's tower video - I think the hair was lighting up during the day too - since her hair lights up anytime she sings the song. Too bad that's gone - Maddie LOVES that movie! THough maybe it's good, because we might have to stand there a long time if it were still there - lol. I love all of Claire's posing - too cute!
I wondered too if it was lighting up in the day. But I swear we never heard her sing or saw that little door open while we were there, so maybe it's timed or something
Old 09-19-2011, 11:10 AM   #2075
cass'mom
So, de beency bouncy burger, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I remember the pick a pearls at Sea Wold in Ohio. My Mom would never let us do it because you would have to get it set...or just have a loose pearl that we would most likley lose. So it was really kind of fun to finally do it as an adult too.
Am I remembering right, didn't they have the women wear a white wet suit type thing and then dive to pick your oyster? One lady would use a microphone and narrate what was happening while you stood on a deck around the little pool? I didn't see your video, is it like that now? I always really wanted a pearl too, but mom said nope as the settings were too expensive!
Old 09-19-2011, 11:24 AM   #2076
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cass'mom View Post
Am I remembering right, didn't they have the women wear a white wet suit type thing and then dive to pick your oyster? One lady would use a microphone and narrate what was happening while you stood on a deck around the little pool? I didn't see your video, is it like that now? I always really wanted a pearl too, but mom said nope as the settings were too expensive!
Yes, that was how Sea World was. Disney is not like that at all. You just point to one in a small tank and they pull it out and then do a little ceremony type deal. I think Sea Worlds is probably a better ordeal, but I never did find it or actually have the time to look for it. And since we had Caoch cages, I figured it was probably better to do at Disney too.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:28 AM   #2077
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Sorry I haven't been updating lately. I got my photopass CD on Friday evening and since I led the share, I've been working on getting the CD's made. I got them all sent out today, so I will be able to work on a new installmetn later. I am also trying to clean up the house. I just seem to not be able to keep up with it lately. I swear I spend an hour in a room and then the next day it looks like I haven't touched it. I have been working on the hurricane of toys in the basement today and actually made it look halfway decent. Not great, but we can now walk with out tripping. I have a storage side that I have been starting to go through too, and it is very overwelming. I plan to do a little more today on that task, then get back to here and get to work and finish this TR up!
Old 09-19-2011, 12:07 PM   #2078
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Great updates! Love the pearl thing, that was my fave at Sea World too. I loved watching those ladies dive so far down! I have a necklace, and my mom still has my loose pearls from all the other times i begged to do it!

Love the topiary photos. Claire's obviously in a good mood today!
Old 09-19-2011, 12:25 PM   #2079
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry I haven't been updating lately. I got my photopass CD on Friday evening and since I led the share, I've been working on getting the CD's made. I got them all sent out today, so I will be able to work on a new installmetn later. I am also trying to clean up the house. I just seem to not be able to keep up with it lately. I swear I spend an hour in a room and then the next day it looks like I haven't touched it. I have been working on the hurricane of toys in the basement today and actually made it look halfway decent. Not great, but we can now walk with out tripping. I have a storage side that I have been starting to go through too, and it is very overwelming. I plan to do a little more today on that task, then get back to here and get to work and finish this TR up!
Housework can be so overwhelming!!!!!Want to know what I do instead...check out the dis!!
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:53 PM   #2080
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

I can totally relate on the housework. It's never ending! We also have construction still going on with our patio so that is majorly adding to the mess and I'm about to just throw in the towel. Sometimes I think maybe my Disney money would be better spent hiring someone to clean the house and do the yard work!
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:44 PM   #2081
dekkerdisneydreamer
Raising Disneyholics one at a time!

Quote:
I hear you about housework!! I honestly don't have the energy at the end of the day, and playing with Madelyn seems to be more of a priority for me.

Also, do you know/think Disney may perhaps send an offer for a discounted PP CD to me? We received one in April and we're going again in October and I was kind of hoping they'd be sending something. We're going with another family, so it'll be cheaper to split the cost, but I want to pre-pay for it so I don't have to worry about it when I get home. Thanks Jen!

dekkerdisneydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:48 PM   #2082
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Great updates! Love the pearl thing, that was my fave at Sea World too. I loved watching those ladies dive so far down! I have a necklace, and my mom still has my loose pearls from all the other times i begged to do it!

Love the topiary photos. Claire's obviously in a good mood today!
She was in a great mode. It was a fun afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
Housework can be so overwhelming!!!!!Want to know what I do instead...check out the dis!!
I got most of what I wanted to do done, but I still need to sweep, but I am putting that off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
I can totally relate on the housework. It's never ending! We also have construction still going on with our patio so that is majorly adding to the mess and I'm about to just throw in the towel. Sometimes I think maybe my Disney money would be better spent hiring someone to clean the house and do the yard work!
Contruction would make it so hard to keep it clean.

Quote:
I hear you about housework!! I honestly don't have the energy at the end of the day, and playing with Madelyn seems to be more of a priority for me.

Also, do you know/think Disney may perhaps send an offer for a discounted PP CD to me? We received one in April and we're going again in October and I was kind of hoping they'd be sending something. We're going with another family, so it'll be cheaper to split the cost, but I want to pre-pay for it so I don't have to worry about it when I get home. Thanks Jen!
Do you know about the preorder for $99. I don't think any other deal is really better than that one.
This is the link. You just have to preorder before any pictures are taken.

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx
Old 09-19-2011, 03:44 PM   #2083
dekkerdisneydreamer
Raising Disneyholics one at a time!

Quote:
Do you know about the preorder for $99. I don't think any other deal is really better than that one.
This is the link. You just have to preorder before any pictures are taken.

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx
Thanks Jen, I was trying to find a link and didn't. Last time, Disney just sent me an email with it.

dekkerdisneydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:23 AM   #2084
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Thanks Jen, I was trying to find a link and didn't. Last time, Disney just sent me an email with it.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:24 AM   #2085
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We quickly made a potty stop and went back into the fast pass line.
We had a little wait, even with fast passes, but not too bad. Nothing like the Soarin’ wait was.

I think we were moving at a fairly decent pace and that’s why my pictures are so crappy…or at least I’m gonna blame it on that reason.

Soon we were in our car and off to race around the track. We had a young girl in our car with us. She had said she rode the ride about 10 times in a row. She just kept going back in the single rider line and getting right back on. Claire was a little nervous. She couldn’t remember riding the ride from the last trip too much.

And here we go!

After Test Track, Claire decided she wanted to ride spaceship earth one more time. We went to cut through Mousegears and Claire spotted a swirly pop and I had told her she could eventually get some sort of sucker on the trip, so now was the time.
We also started doing a little more shopping. I had realized that I still had quite a bit of money left. I guess I over budgeted (not a bad thing) and I started eyeing the Dooney and Bourke purses. At first I just kind of casually looked at them, then I started touching and feeling…and THEN I got a sales lady involved and I was hooked. I had a real hard time deciding. The ones I liked best, I wasn’t impressed with the style or texture. Well I really like the 40th anniversary ones best, but those prices were much higher. I was in there forever looking at stuff and Claire was very patient.

I went through the purses and I finally decided on this one. At first I didn’t like the pattern at all, but REALLY liked the style….but after looking a bit, the pattern grew on me and I decided on it.

The lady went to the back for a minute and that was a bad thing. I started looking again and then found another on a top shelf that I liked as well. It was bigger…..really big actually, but I liked the pattern more. The price was only about $5 difference, so I couldn’t really decide by price. When the lady came back she laughed and we started the process all over again. We had a male CM come and look at the purses and tell me which he liked better. He liked the bigger one. I decided to ask Claire and she liked the bigger one, so that is what I got.

Now if you remember WAY back to Easter, I ended up ordering the other one when I got home and Easter Bunny brought it to me!

I have to say I REALLY love the big bag….so much so that I have yet to switch over to the black one yet. I think I will do it soon. I just love all the room in the big one. I can just throw stuff in it and go. I kind of use it like a tote at times.

So back to Mousegears. I bought the big white purse and then I threw my camera bag inside of it and used it right then and there. My Mom called and after I figured out how to answer her dang phone, she asked where we were. I let her know that we were going to take a spin on Spaceship Earth and then head to World Showcase for Illuminations. They had a spot in Canada already.

Claire and I got right on Spacehsip Earth and enjoyed our ride. I took no pictures that time around. I just enjoyed the ride.

When we came out, Claire found a Daisy topiary and had to have a picture.

We made our way towards World Showcase.
We stopped for one last photopass.

We could smell popcorn and it smelt soooo good. Claire wanted some, but the line was long and we were running late.
As we got closer to Canada, I pulled out the phone and tried to figure out how to dial it. I just couldn’t get it. Luckily it rang and it was Mom. She told us how to get to them and soon we found them. They did have an excellent spot for viewing.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: