Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #2041
stephielela
DIS Veteran
 
stephielela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,529

I'm so glad you guys had such good luck with the pick a pearl experience. I have been on the fence about this one, but I am thinking I might try it the next trip.
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:21 AM   #2042
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,235

Yay for finally doing Pick A Pearl! It was hard for me to understand what the ladies were saying too and had to listen really closely. I bet Claire was super proud that her pearl was bigger than your's.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-12-2011, 05:50 PM   #2043
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran
 
SoonerGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 4,849

I know exactly what you mean about the over the top excitement the ladies doing pick a pearl show! I've never done it, but have to chuckle when I'm walking around the store and catch some of their act. I know it makes it fun for the people doing PAP, but I'm sure they must get tired of being so stinkin' cheery

Glad Claire got the bigger and better pearl
__________________
SoonerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:29 PM   #2044
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner
 
Caretames1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 3,351

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I do NOTcheck in online. I always put in requests

We like poolside, 1st floor and preferred. But thats just us. Some don't like it because it's noisier.
Thanks, I'm not going to do online check in, because if I'm going hold up a line, I'd feel better doing it at the regular counter
If I faxed a request, do you think that would work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Great minds think alike. At POP, we always request building 5, 1st floor, facing the pool.
I like it when great minds come together! I think I use your two requests as mine since those seem to be your favorites!
__________________
2014, A Disney Free Year
IN PROGRESS: SURPRISE...You forgot WHAT!?!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022868
SURPRISE! Can we do it again? Nov 2012 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post44413308
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:33 PM   #2045
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 28,818

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post

I like it when great minds come together! I think I use your two requests as mine since those seem to be your favorites!
I"m honored.

I think the only down side would be the noise during the day...... but we're never THERE during the day, so it's all good! And at the end of a long day when my feet are just SCREAMING in agony...... it's so nice to have the room right there.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:41 PM   #2046
BelleTinkMom
DIS Veteran
 
BelleTinkMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southern Louisiana
Posts: 587

Congrats on the pearls. We did Pick a Pearl on our last trip. Madi had twins. She was so excited. I ordered the same carriages you did. They are great.
__________________
GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Greatest Surprise Trip Ever.....Thanks Honey TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post36812876
Am I nuts...Bringing in-laws for their 1st time! May 2011 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559291
I am nuts....for bringing the in-laws-a May/June 2011 TR. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post41825167
BelleTinkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:18 AM   #2047
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,078

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Great minds think alike. At POP, we always request building 5, 1st floor, facing the pool.

Katie got her carriage pearl cage for our last trip. Anybody have a pearl cage they really like that we could get for our next trip?
I have seen some cute ones on ebay, but I haven't looked hard enougth to decide if I want to purchase one again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
I'm so glad you guys had such good luck with the pick a pearl experience. I have been on the fence about this one, but I am thinking I might try it the next trip.
It was a fun thing to do. A little special moment for us to share

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Yay for finally doing Pick A Pearl! It was hard for me to understand what the ladies were saying too and had to listen really closely. I bet Claire was super proud that her pearl was bigger than your's.
Those ladies crack me up. No way could I smile like that all day long. My face would hurt!
She was super happy to have a bigger one than me. That little stinker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I know exactly what you mean about the over the top excitement the ladies doing pick a pearl show! I've never done it, but have to chuckle when I'm walking around the store and catch some of their act. I know it makes it fun for the people doing PAP, but I'm sure they must get tired of being so stinkin' cheery

Glad Claire got the bigger and better pearl
I don't think I have it in me to be that cheery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Thanks, I'm not going to do online check in, because if I'm going hold up a line, I'd feel better doing it at the regular counter
If I faxed a request, do you think that would work?



I like it when great minds come together! I think I use your two requests as mine since those seem to be your favorites!
In the past I did fax in. I didn't this pass year though, since it was a one night only. Some swear it doesn't do anything, but whe nI have faxed in the past, I always got exactly what I wanted. The 2 times I haven over the years, I did NOT get my requests. With the new computer system though, I'm not sure how or if it will work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I"m honored.

I think the only down side would be the noise during the day...... but we're never THERE during the day, so it's all good! And at the end of a long day when my feet are just SCREAMING in agony...... it's so nice to have the room right there.
The noise hasn't bothered me too mcuh. In 2009 Claire noticed some noise from late night swimmers...I think she just wanted to go back and swim, but I told her we were sleeping now and I didn't notice it enough to stop us from sleeping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleTinkMom View Post
Congrats on the pearls. We did Pick a Pearl on our last trip. Madi had twins. She was so excited. I ordered the same carriages you did. They are great.
How exciting. I almost wished I hadn't opened my big mouth about the twins to Claire. She really wanted them then. But thank goodness she got a bigger one than me.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:19 AM   #2048
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,078

We found these topiaries and I took some more pictures.







And then Claire insisted on getting in on this one. You will notice she is posing like the topiaries…this become a theme for the rest of them.



Claire was full of energy and excitement now that we did the pick a pearl and chattered a mile a minute.
We kept moving and taking pictures and getting a few passport stamps here and there when we remembered to.







I thought I should take a flower picture…after all it was the flower and garden festival!





This is Claire posing like the dogs. I guess her arm hanging is supposed to be a long ear. LOL!











We did remember to get our passport stamped here in Italy and Claire got in line.









And on we went again.





Next stop was Rapunzels tower. Claire has her head tilted so her long hair is flowing out too.



And one without Claire.



Doesn’t this Donkey’s eye look real?

jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:25 AM   #2049
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy knows you as more than just "Wife of Eric Roberts--XM Spy"
 
bubba's mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Exeter (Reading), PA
Posts: 13,811

What 'country' is Rapunzel's tower in?

weird
__________________
(some Universal) Trip reports:
'12 - '11 - HHN '10 - '10 - '09 - '08/DCL - '07(Jan.) - '07(July) - Mickey Mouse @ Universal!
- '04
bubba's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:52 AM   #2050
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,078

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba's mom View Post
What 'country' is Rapunzel's tower in?

weird
I think it was between Italy and Germany. I have no clue why it was there. I kind of took it as the movie was more of an Old England location...but what do I know.
I think it was only there for Flower and Graden festival. I'm pretty sure I noticed it was gone this Aug.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:23 AM   #2051
TyTysMommy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 242

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Great minds think alike. At POP, we always request building 5, 1st floor, facing the pool.

Katie got her carriage pearl cage for our last trip. Anybody have a pearl cage they really like that we could get for our next trip?
Well then I guess i have a great mind. We like to be on the ground floor near the pool. I don't mind the noise since we're usually the ones making the noise!
TyTysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:31 AM   #2052
TyTysMommy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 242

The story of Rapunzel is German. I have a lot of German ancestors on my mom's side and my grandma, who had tons of nicknacks from Germany and could speak fluent German, told us the story of Rapunzel. My grandma has a porcelain tower with Rapunzel leaning out the window that her mother had given her. It was really old and was brought over from Germany.
TyTysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:34 AM   #2053
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,540

Awesome Epcot photos, Jen.

I really like the one of Claire with the Mickey and Minnie toparies.
__________________
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:35 AM   #2054
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,078

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTysMommy View Post
Well then I guess i have a great mind. We like to be on the ground floor near the pool. I don't mind the noise since we're usually the ones making the noise!


Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTysMommy View Post
The story of Rapunzel is German. I have a lot of German ancestors on my mom's side and my grandma, who had tons of nicknacks from Germany and could speak fluent German, told us the story of Rapunzel. My grandma has a porcelain tower with Rapunzel leaning out the window that her mother had given her. It was really old and was brought over from Germany.
I did not know that....thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Awesome Epcot photos, Jen.

I really like the one of Claire with the Mickey and Minnie toparies.
Thanks. I loved that she was getting into the posing
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:08 PM   #2055
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.
 
Daddy_of_Princesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Phoenixville PA
Posts: 1,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba's mom View Post
What 'country' is Rapunzel's tower in?

weird
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I think it was between Italy and Germany. I have no clue why it was there. I kind of took it as the movie was more of an Old England location...but what do I know.
I think it was only there for Flower and Graden festival. I'm pretty sure I noticed it was gone this Aug.
I don't remember it being there when we visited in December, but I would guess Germany since the story of Rapunzel came from Germany. I agree that the movie doesn't appear to take place in Germany, other than the name Mother Gothel which is from the original story. Maximus definitely isn't a German name.
__________________
Me 41 - DW - DD 10 - DD 6 -

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: