Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2011, 09:53 AM   #2011
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Jen, the same thing happened to us with the chocolate mousse TWICE! The line was so long both times there was no way I was waiting. That's wierd about the smells on Soarin'. I can't remember if I have ever sat on the end, so maybe you are right about that. I'm so excited that Jack is finally tall enough for it!
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:02 AM   #2012
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba's mom View Post
Thank you! I had no idea where Marie was from (in my defense, my SON is 12)

We liked Soarin'...liked it even more in late January when it was a walk on. That's a crazy wait!

I was waitin for that Mickey Bar... Did you get one on the ship?

I never did get one on the ship...and my plan was to have 1 daily! I was just too full. But Mom and I did attack the one that Claire had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
Jen, the same thing happened to us with the chocolate mousse TWICE! The line was so long both times there was no way I was waiting. That's wierd about the smells on Soarin'. I can't remember if I have ever sat on the end, so maybe you are right about that. I'm so excited that Jack is finally tall enough for it!

I thought for sure with the AEP dessert party being inf france, we would have some then, but nope, no choco mousse for me this past trip either.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2011, 11:41 AM   #2013
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Sorry to have missed so many updates!!!

First, LC.. I do really like it,but I agree there is far too much hype. And.. dont feel bad missing the mousse. I had read such wonderful things about it that I had it as my dessert last fall. It tasted like a blob of chocolate frosting to me...nothing special.

Next, Claire looks so very very cute in her dress. I can totally understand why people were stopping to look. She looks like she is a celebrity herself.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:31 PM   #2014
TyTysMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Many of the CM's are very misinformed about Disney though there. One girl was telling a family that they could have their princess dress altered at BBB. Heck, one year I asked for a safety pin at BBB and they acted like I was asking for gold!
I love to go to my local Disney store even when I have nothing to buy. The CM's are so bubbly and happy I feel like I am at Disney World. They seem to have a good knowledge and huge passion for Disney. The last time I was in there a girl had just gotten back from Disneyland and was so excited to talk Disney with someone. She said most customers just want to get checked out and don't care to have a conversation with you.

I saw new pics on facebook so I figured you did another update today on here....going to read that now.
TyTysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:31 PM   #2015
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

I am so behind too, wo no worries on that.
I hope we just had a bad day there. many people still rave about it. Some do say it has gotten more salty, so I don't know if I just got a salty day or what. LOL! I got my ADR on the day we left, so keep trying.

It is too funny that you say that. I was on the Disney Dining website and just picked up LeCellier at 4:30 for our last day at Epcot (I cancelled Rose & Crown). I am so excited because I really wanted to take Andy here and we've not been in two years.

Claire's pictures with Marie are terrific, as are the photopass pictures of the two of you. Glad you got your Mickey Bar.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:57 PM   #2016
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Sorry to have missed so many updates!!!

First, LC.. I do really like it,but I agree there is far too much hype. And.. dont feel bad missing the mousse. I had read such wonderful things about it that I had it as my dessert last fall. It tasted like a blob of chocolate frosting to me...nothing special.

Next, Claire looks so very very cute in her dress. I can totally understand why people were stopping to look. She looks like she is a celebrity herself.
Don't worry. I am so behind on everything right now. I know I'll get caught up, it just takes time. And I am really trying to work on pictures for my facebook page as well. Too many things to do and not enough time.

Glad I didn't miss out on the LC mousse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTysMommy View Post
I love to go to my local Disney store even when I have nothing to buy. The CM's are so bubbly and happy I feel like I am at Disney World. They seem to have a good knowledge and huge passion for Disney. The last time I was in there a girl had just gotten back from Disneyland and was so excited to talk Disney with someone. She said most customers just want to get checked out and don't care to have a conversation with you.

I saw new pics on facebook so I figured you did another update today on here....going to read that now.
We always go in to owhen we are at the mall. I tell Claire we're not buying, jsut looking. Sometimes we find a good clearance item, but lately they don't do that so much anymore.

I am also working on my AEP pictures too...just starting. I wanted to get some on my facebook page, so I am working on one resort to start with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
It is too funny that you say that. I was on the Disney Dining website and just picked up LeCellier at 4:30 for our last day at Epcot (I cancelled Rose & Crown). I am so excited because I really wanted to take Andy here and we've not been in two years.

Claire's pictures with Marie are terrific, as are the photopass pictures of the two of you. Glad you got your Mickey Bar.
That is awesome. I must've sent you a bit of pixie dust!

Last edited by jenseib; 07-14-2012 at 08:36 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:12 AM   #2017
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

We had a snippy cm when we met Marie too, I did my best to ignore her I like the picture of Marie signing the book and Claire watching.

That line sounds crazy for Soarin. I've never smelled anything there either but I do have really bad sinus problems
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:54 AM   #2018
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
We had a snippy cm when we met Marie too, I did my best to ignore her I like the picture of Marie signing the book and Claire watching.

That line sounds crazy for Soarin. I've never smelled anything there either but I do have really bad sinus problems
I was surprised at her telling us to keep moving. I mean we would've had to jump over the scooter.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:01 AM   #2019
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

There was a photopass photographer in the area, so we got a few more shots.

And then I took some pictures of the sand sculpture.

We then moved on to the World Showcase.

We only stopped at a few countries to get Claire’s passport stamped. We kept forgetting we had it.

We took a peek at the dancer in Morocco.

We then made our way towards Japan.

We were on a mission! Our first pick a pearl adventure!
Old 09-10-2011, 02:49 PM   #2020
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I have started Phineas and Ferbs trip report. I would like to invite you all to join...there will be some cameo appearances by other Disers!

Ferb, I Know What We're Gonna Do Today
Old 09-10-2011, 04:08 PM   #2021
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Those are some nice pictures of the sand sculpture! I wonder how they did it, so it would last? I would think one good rain and it's over!

Can't wait to see the pearl!

Heading over to P&F's TR now!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:59 PM   #2022
PrincessBetsy
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Love the photopass pics! And wow, that sand sculpture is amazing. It looks incredible.

Going to check out your other report! :D
PrincessBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:39 AM   #2023
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Love the sand sculpture I knew it was big but I didn't realize it was that long.
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:15 AM   #2024
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Hey Jen, so sorry I've been MIA I've barely been on the DIS at all in the last month, I hate it when life gets in the way of DISing!!

I was only about 15 pages behind but I'm glad I got back before you finished completely!

Now you have me worried about your phone.........you weren't kidding when you said there were many mishaps!
Old 09-11-2011, 02:18 PM   #2025
joy13
DIS Veteran

I'm glad that depsite the snippy cm the Marie meet was a good one! Maybe she just wanted to see you hurdle the scooter

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: