Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #1996
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I had an unexpected/expected Dis meet on Tuesday!

I know that doesn't make sense.

There are a few Disers who live in my area. One is Normangirls. We pm each other every so often. She live not very far from me as well. She has actually done a bit of business with my Mom since we have been back as well.
This week (today is actually the last day) our County Fair is going on. It's a big deal around here for a lot of people. Kids even get a day off of school for it. (Tuesday) I know years ago it was ranked as one of the best fairs in the country. I don't know if that is still true, but it still is a great fair.

Anna (Normangirls), PM'd last week and said to be on the look out for her and she told me where she would be working at the fair and where their cows would be.
On Friday we went up for the tractor pulls (Skip dodn't pull as his tractor is broken again). It was REALLY hot, so Claire and I went for a walk around the fair a bit. It was crowded and we didn't see much, but we did see Anna's cows, but no Anna.
I went again on Monday, but it was again packed and I spent most of the time with my family (sisters, neices, BIL & mom and dad)
Tuesday we were meeting one of my friends and her DD to ride rides. This is the big day for rides as they have a discounted rate this day.
I put Claire on a ride and stood to wait for her.
A lady comes up to me and says "Hi Jennifer" all smiles. I had NO clue who she was, but I did waht Skip always does and said hi and smiled. She had her teen DD with her and I looked at her thinking it might be one of Paige's friends, but still no recognition.
Finally she laughed and said, her name and I knew then it was Normangirls. We talked a few minutes and it was very nice. She had told her DD when they saw us that I was a Diser and her DD didn't believe her so she said she would prove it.

We had her DD take our picture as well.
This is my first local Dis meet!

I have horrid squinty eyes in both pictures. But here they are.

Notice the jacket...Thats my new sweatshirt from my AEP trip. Friday it was like 115 heat index and Tuesday it was in the 60's and very windy. What a difference in temps!

Last edited by jenseib; 09-10-2011 at 07:31 AM.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #1997
Normangirls
DIS Veteran

Finally, here is my 15 minutes of fame!

It was completely awesome to meet you and Princess Claire this week. My girls really got a kick out of it, although the youngest two were focused on the rides and fair food!

If anyone is wondering, Princess Claire is just as adorable in person as she is in Jen's lovely pictures.

BTW, a special thank you to my DD15, who managed to take a beautiful picture of Jen, and yet make me look like a total dork.

Register to remove

Old 09-08-2011, 02:38 PM   #1998
dekkerdisneydreamer
Raising Disneyholics one at a time!

Very cool, a local DIS meet! We have a new Disney store opening about 20 minutes away from me this Saturday and I thought, I wonder how many DISers will be there?

dekkerdisneydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:38 PM   #1999
stephielela
DIS Veteran

How cool! Local meets are even cooler, though more confusing probably. More chance that you know this person from soemwhere and just don't remember them
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:44 PM   #2000
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Jen, sorry I'm so far behind again (have been sick the last three days). Love the Mary Poppins dress. I'm sorry LeCellier did not do it for you; we've eaten there at least five or six times and always had wonderful meals (I keep trying to find a cancellation to get in this trip).
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:19 PM   #2001
DisneyBoundinDec
DIS Veteran

very cool on the DIS meet up!!!

and not sure if it was on here or the other TR, but what a beauty Claire was on her first day of school!!
DisneyBoundinDec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:02 PM   #2002
PrincessBetsy
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

A DIS meet sounds so fun! Love your sweatshirt!
PrincessBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:51 PM   #2003
mousetravel
DIS Veteran

That's so neat about your Dis Meet! That's so fun!!

Not sure if you remember, but on my TR, in the recent post about me & Dis'er Missy going to the women's show, I included a pic of a Disney booth. Well, we asked the lady if she happened to be a Dis'er, and she was! (She just doesn't post often, just mainly lurks!) That was pretty neat!
Mom/Daughter PTR: Christmas Trip! 2011 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post42724982
Mom/Daughter Trip Report June 2011: Disney Dream! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2744972
Mom/Daughter Trip Report: Disney & Sea World 2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2443520

Mom/Daughter Trip Report: WDW & Disney Cruise 2009 ttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2095302
mousetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:40 PM   #2004
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Oh, I like the sweatshirt! What shop did you get it in?
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:13 AM   #2005
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normangirls View Post
Finally, here is my 15 minutes of fame!

It was completely awesome to meet you and Princess Claire this week. My girls really got a kick out of it, although the youngest two were focused on the rides and fair food!

If anyone is wondering, Princess Claire is just as adorable in person as she is in Jen's lovely pictures.

BTW, a special thank you to my DD15, who managed to take a beautiful picture of Jen, and yet make me look like a total dork.

You are now a celebrity!

My thoughts were your DD15 was working for you! I thought you looked great, while I looked awful!
I did go back up last night for about 45 minutes (I had yet to look at the photography pictures, something I like to do every year) and I think I might've saw your DD at the Farm Bureau tent when Claire and I stopped for Popcorn. I wasn't sure and she was talking to someone and I didn't get a goodlook, (with out completely staring), so I'm not sure if it was her or not for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekkerdisneydreamer View Post
Very cool, a local DIS meet! We have a new Disney store opening about 20 minutes away from me this Saturday and I thought, I wonder how many DISers will be there?
I always wonder too if others are Disers when I shop our store. I know many of the CM's working are NOT. I know one personally and even though she goes many times, I am amazed at the stuff she doesn't know about Disney. Of course she also knows some stuff I don't know too.
Many of the CM's are very misinformed about Disney though there. One girl was telling a family that they could have their princess dress altered at BBB. Heck, one year I asked for a safety pin at BBB and they acted like I was asking for gold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
How cool! Local meets are even cooler, though more confusing probably. More chance that you know this person from soemwhere and just don't remember them
It was really neat. There is another lady who I have seen, but never talked to. Her SIL used to drive the milk truck and her and her DD would come and meet him some days and bring him lunch. I didn't know she was a Diser at the time. But now we know, and her SIL no longer drives our route...go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Jen, sorry I'm so far behind again (have been sick the last three days). Love the Mary Poppins dress. I'm sorry LeCellier did not do it for you; we've eaten there at least five or six times and always had wonderful meals (I keep trying to find a cancellation to get in this trip).
I am so behind too, wo no worries on that.
I hope we just had a bad day there. many people still rave about it. Some do say it has gotten more salty, so I don't know if I just got a salty day or what. LOL! I got my ADR on the day we left, so keep trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBoundinDec View Post
very cool on the DIS meet up!!!

and not sure if it was on here or the other TR, but what a beauty Claire was on her first day of school!!
Thanks. Yes that was on my PTR...which I plan to post about the Dis meet there too, along with a few more fair pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBetsy View Post
A DIS meet sounds so fun! Love your sweatshirt!
Thanks. I love it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetravel View Post
That's so neat about your Dis Meet! That's so fun!!

Not sure if you remember, but on my TR, in the recent post about me & Dis'er Missy going to the women's show, I included a pic of a Disney booth. Well, we asked the lady if she happened to be a Dis'er, and she was! (She just doesn't post often, just mainly lurks!) That was pretty neat!
I do remember! Several of the TA's at the agent education program were disers too, but I don't think any post as much as Brook and I do. I recognized some of the names, but no one that I follow religiously. One girl said she really mostly posted on the food boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Oh, I like the sweatshirt! What shop did you get it in?
I got it at World of Disney. They had them all over though. I got it there the 1st day as I had a few other items I was getting too, so I used my Disney Visa and got 10% off.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:16 AM   #2006
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Marie had returned, but we still had a bit of a wait till it was our turn. She’s a popular girl!
Once it came to be our turn I had Claire wait a second before going up. There was a family with a scooter in front of us, and basically the scooter was parked in front of the meet, where I wanted to stand to take pictures. But the CM was not so patient and barked an order to keep the line moving and so Claire went up and met her. I did my best to get some shots, but she had killed my picture taking mojo.

All done!

As you can see by the smirk on her face, it was a good meet!

I wanted to get some of the topiaries in the area, but ended up only getting a few. Aurora was meeting right near the Beauty and Beast one and the line made it impossible to get a good shot. Claire did not want to wait for her, so I just took a few shots and on we went.

We stopped off for a few photopasses as well.

I kind of thought about getting chocolate mousse in France, something I had wanted to try for some time, but the line was long and I just was still too full.

Claire was now ready to change out of her dress and it was also our FP time for Soarin’. (It was around 4:20 now) I decided to just head up front and do that next. I debated on stopping for a Grand Mariner or Grey Goose slushy, but I figured I wouldn’t be able to drink it fast enough and passed on that too.

We got Claire changed and got in line for Soarin’. The standby line was closed down. The FP line looked long too. We ended up waiting for a good ˝ hour or more before getting on our flight. We talked to a few people in line who had been in the standby line. The couple said they had been waiting 2 hours. She said they had ADR’s that they were missing at this very moment and were trying to call and get something else, but couldn’t get a signal in there. She said something had happened earlier in the day that backed the whole thing up. They got to the point that they would only allow 10 stand by guest in on each flight and the rest were FP riders.

We enjoyed the flight. Claire squealed and giggled. It was our 2nd time ever riding it and we really like it. BUT…again we did not smell anything. I keep hearing of the smells, but have yet to smell anything. The only thing I can think of is because both times we have rode, I have sat at the very end seat. Maybe the smells just don’t float out there so well?

With that done, we headed back to World Showcase.

On our way back we stopped for a snack. I don’t think I was really hungry, but I had yet to get a Mickey Bar this trip for myself, so it was a must do!

And then we stopped to enjoy our treats and I took a look at the sand sculpture.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:24 AM   #2007
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Great meeting pics with Marie! I'm going to tell Katie to scratch behind her ear this time and see what she does! Maybe we'll dig out The Aristocats this weekend. It's been a while............
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:32 AM   #2008
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I love Marie She's just so soft and cuddly. I'm hoping to find her again this trip so I can get better pictures. I did feel a bit rushed and didn't check my settings and the pics are a bit dark.

I've done soaring twice now, and once we smelled the smells and once we didn't. poor DH can't handle that ride, makes him all seasick!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:42 AM   #2009
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Great meeting pics with Marie! I'm going to tell Katie to scratch behind her ear this time and see what she does! Maybe we'll dig out The Aristocats this weekend. It's been a while............
Thats a great idea. Maybe we'll remember that for next time too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I love Marie She's just so soft and cuddly. I'm hoping to find her again this trip so I can get better pictures. I did feel a bit rushed and didn't check my settings and the pics are a bit dark.

I've done soaring twice now, and once we smelled the smells and once we didn't. poor DH can't handle that ride, makes him all seasick!
I did ride Soarin' twice on the AEP trip and both times I did smell the smells...Finally!
Old 09-09-2011, 09:09 AM   #2010
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy knows you as more than just "Wife of Eric Roberts--XM Spy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Maybe we'll dig out The Aristocats this weekend. It's been a while............
Thank you! I had no idea where Marie was from (in my defense, my SON is 12)

We liked Soarin'...liked it even more in late January when it was a walk on. That's a crazy wait!

I was waitin for that Mickey Bar... Did you get one on the ship?

bubba's mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: