Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2011, 08:07 AM   #1981
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
Love the Mary Poppins dress!! Sorry about Le Cellier, last time I went it was great but I am a salt snob these days as I can only have 1500 to 2000 mg grams daily so with steaks and other freshly cooked items I say do not salt while cooking and am very specific with that!!! Salt it and I send it back...use too many sauces...I send it back. My best friend thought FP was for the birds til she saw how I used it and we minimized back tracking except for 1 person and we rotated who was the fast pass runner. It became fun for her when we got a fp then ate lunch, watched the line grownto 2 hour wait for some rides and handed our fp after lunch and walked on walking by the standby line!! Sorry your Dad never got it.
Cant wait to hear more and watch the nest trip report form...are u planning another trip...my nest trip is DCL Fantasy Dec 15,2012 so I need to get a lot of fixes between now and then!!
No future trip in the works yet. My "hope" is to go again somewhere in the spring. My two "wants" are either DCL again or DL. Of course WDW would be nice too. I also want to do Universal, so if we do DCL, I may try ot get a day or two (or 3) at Universal. I am also hoping for another agent education program next year and possibly attending that. Hoping for a DCL one or one at DL.
There is a DCL one going on in Oct. of this year, but it's too soon for me to go back and my MIL is going to have surgery sometime soon, so if I planned that trip, it would be my luck that her surgery would be that same week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba's mom View Post
Your Dad continues to crack me up

Cool of your Mom to pay the bill...MINE woulda put up a fuss and wanted reimbursement

btw...I think that "spider" is actually a butterfly

Beautiful pix...as usual. And, I don't think Claire takes a bad pic...not even her 'grumpy' year

Soimetime we just laugh at him and his ideas.

My other guess was a butterfly too. I look at it sometimes and think definately spider, them later think, no butterfly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
LOL- I criss-cross the parks, it's the only way to do what I want!

Marie was a great find for us! Kadence had been having a meltdown and she saw Marie and it was over!
We first saw Marie in 2009, She was kinda off the path in MK and there wasn't anybody else around her. She took Kadence by the hand and walked away a little. They seemed to have a moment and came back. We only have video, because it was only John and Kadence, Sam & I were on Space Mountian and he apparently doesn't think of pics at a time like that!
You were lucky to get video, Skip pretty much would know how to turn either camera on, so I would get nothing...because he wouldn't even tell me too much detail either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
What a great picture of Marie's back side! LOL! I hope she came back and you got to meet her.

Isn't it fun to run into DISers at Disney????
She does come back...eventually.
It is fun meeting Disers. Someone one Brook TR said she saw me this past trip from my back side in the single rider line at Test Track. Too bad she didn't yell at me and say hi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
We did the Visa Meet and Greet, and we were told it would be a half hour, but it was more like an hour. We got to meet Mickey (we met him 4 other times so this wasn't that special) and Pluto who we hadn't seen yet. I don't think it was worth the wait just to get a free 5x7.

Love the passports, look just like mine. I assume you used my cousins husband.
Yeah, I don't know wh ythey said 5 minutes, when I never even took a stop forward in that time. For me time was important then. I'd rather have an honest answer.

And yes, I did use your cousins husband. He did a great job.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:30 AM   #1982
joy13
DIS Veteran

Very cool that you met a Diser! I hope to do that someday. The closest i have ever come was seeing a LimeGreen Mickey head on a stroller at Chef Mickey's - lol!

I love Marie - she is so cuddly! I think Maddie and I need to watch Aristocats this weekend.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2011, 08:40 AM   #1983
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

No future trip in the works yet. My "hope" is to go again somewhere in the spring. My two "wants" are either DCL again or DL. Of course WDW would be nice too. I also want to do Universal, so if we do DCL, I may try ot get a day or two (or 3) at Universal. I am also hoping for another agent education program next year and possibly attending that. Hoping for a DCL one or one at DL.
There is a DCL one going on in Oct. of this year, but it's too soon for me to go back and my MIL is going to have surgery sometime soon, so if I planned that trip, it would be my luck that her surgery would be that same week.

I vote DL!!I luv DL. It is great fun. more compact. Same great fun. You save$$$ by staying off property all much closer than reort hotels and the off properties that are preferred have some of same perks ie extra magic hours.
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:58 PM   #1984
TyTysMommy
Mouseketeer

Oh, I can't wait to see pictures with Marie. I have never seen her in a park before. And your dad just cracks me up.
TyTysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #1985
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Too bad you weren't that impressed with Le Cellier, I liked it there the one time we went but they don't have the awesome entree that I had anymore--It was King Salmon 2 ways, mmmmmm it was good. I liked the soup but like you I didn't think it was really all that "cheesy", more of a potato/bacon soup. The bread shouldn't have been hard, when we went it was nice and soft. I don't knw that I would go there for dinner, too pricey and if I had the dining plan I like it but I don't think it is worth 2 credits.

Love the Mary Poppins Pics!

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:19 PM   #1986
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

How awesome that you got to meet Sheresa!!!

I love your Epcot Passport too. I think I'll have to do that for Henry in the future, he will really enjoy that.

The Mary Poppins pics brought tears to my eyes! Beautiful pictures and you can really tell it was a magical moment!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:48 PM   #1987
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

So what your tying to say is that you didn't have to ask for any salt with your dinner? Sorry you didn't like it better. I have a horrible time trying to find something to eat in Epcot. River and I are very picky eaters. All we want are cheese pizzas at every meal and I can't find them there.

Thats great you got the shot you wanted with thier parasols open. It was adorable! It sounds like Claire was quite the celebrity there. I guess you were too getting recognized and all

I have a picture of Marie's backside too! She looked so cute swishing her tail from side to side as she walked away that I took a picture.
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:40 AM   #1988
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13 View Post
Very cool that you met a Diser! I hope to do that someday. The closest i have ever come was seeing a LimeGreen Mickey head on a stroller at Chef Mickey's - lol!

I love Marie - she is so cuddly! I think Maddie and I need to watch Aristocats this weekend.
I have been to Disney a few time when I knew other Disers were there, but never met up or even ran into them. One family was even staying at Pop when I did and I thought for sure we would see each other at some point. And this trip I actually was going to try and meet up with one gal if we both had time and that never worked out. We were actually supposed to try on the epcot day and her phone number was in my missing phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post

I vote DL!!I luv DL. It is great fun. more compact. Same great fun. You save$$$ by staying off property all much closer than reort hotels and the off properties that are preferred have some of same perks ie extra magic hours.
DL looks fun too. Skip really wants to go to CA and we almost went this year, but decided on the cruise for less walking. The only draw back for us is the long flight. I will be happy with either of those choices though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTysMommy View Post
Oh, I can't wait to see pictures with Marie. I have never seen her in a park before. And your dad just cracks me up.
My Dad is a character...."Goofy".

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Too bad you weren't that impressed with Le Cellier, I liked it there the one time we went but they don't have the awesome entree that I had anymore--It was King Salmon 2 ways, mmmmmm it was good. I liked the soup but like you I didn't think it was really all that "cheesy", more of a potato/bacon soup. The bread shouldn't have been hard, when we went it was nice and soft. I don't knw that I would go there for dinner, too pricey and if I had the dining plan I like it but I don't think it is worth 2 credits.

Love the Mary Poppins Pics!
I am glad we tried it, but it just wasn't so fabulous to me. Maybe if I hear better reviews in the future we can try it again, but not for several years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
How awesome that you got to meet Sheresa!!!

I love your Epcot Passport too. I think I'll have to do that for Henry in the future, he will really enjoy that.

The Mary Poppins pics brought tears to my eyes! Beautiful pictures and you can really tell it was a magical moment!
It was a nice meet. It was kind of a neat feeling to have someone recognize us.
I did like the passport and it was very cheap too, if I remember right.
It was a great meet with Mary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
So what your tying to say is that you didn't have to ask for any salt with your dinner? Sorry you didn't like it better. I have a horrible time trying to find something to eat in Epcot. River and I are very picky eaters. All we want are cheese pizzas at every meal and I can't find them there.

Thats great you got the shot you wanted with thier parasols open. It was adorable! It sounds like Claire was quite the celebrity there. I guess you were too getting recognized and all

I have a picture of Marie's backside too! She looked so cute swishing her tail from side to side as she walked away that I took a picture.
No salt shakers needed there!

Marie is so cute. She's like a big live stuffed animal.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:45 AM   #1989
stephielela
DIS Veteran

I am so worried that people from here will come up to me at WDW and I won't have any clue who they are! I always make sure to check to see who is going at the same time I am just in case!
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:08 PM   #1990
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
I am so worried that people from here will come up to me at WDW and I won't have any clue who they are! I always make sure to check to see who is going at the same time I am just in case!
I had that happen to me yesterday...and it was a Diser....I'll post about it later, but I did have a Dis meet right here in Ohio yesterday.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #1991
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Sorry, I haven't updated. I have loaded the AEP trips pics to my computer and have been backing them up on CDs. It is taking forever. I can't get DVD's to work on my computer for some reason. If I could, it would go so much faster. I jsut don't want to chance losing them, so I am doing this before I work on other stuff.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:33 AM   #1992
dekkerdisneydreamer
Raising Disneyholics one at a time!

Hi Jen!

I've been a very bad DISer lately, just haven't found the time. I'm finally caught up (I was actually all the way back in the Shamu Show portion of your trip!!) and cannot believe your trip is on it's last day! Now, you do have that AEP TR to do, I cannot wait for that one!!

I'm sorry that you weren't impressed with Le Cellier. I have an ADR for lunch in October, and I hope it doesn't disappoint. We've been there in the past and really enjoyed it.

Mary and Claire, what a pair!! Those shots are really lovely Jen! I'm glad that she was in a posing mood.

Ah, yes. Our DIS meet! I have to be honest, I noticed Claire and her Mary Poppins dress first, and then you (and your hair!). I almost didn't come up to you, thinking I would be intruding on a family moment, but my DH encouraged me to do so, and I'm so glad that I did. It was only a few moments, and you were so nice to let a complete stranger talk to you. You can go down in history as being the first DIS meet I've ever had. Hopefully one day we'll get to meet again, and I'll have Madelyn with me.

dekkerdisneydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:34 PM   #1993
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Love the Mary meet! She looks wonderful. The photos with the parasols are awesome!

I probably wouldnt' like Le Cellier. I don't like salt! I cook with it some, but never put it on food (except home made french fries!) If i put salt on something, you know it's really bad!
Old 09-08-2011, 01:05 PM   #1994
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekkerdisneydreamer View Post
Hi Jen!

I've been a very bad DISer lately, just haven't found the time. I'm finally caught up (I was actually all the way back in the Shamu Show portion of your trip!!) and cannot believe your trip is on it's last day! Now, you do have that AEP TR to do, I cannot wait for that one!!

I'm sorry that you weren't impressed with Le Cellier. I have an ADR for lunch in October, and I hope it doesn't disappoint. We've been there in the past and really enjoyed it.

Mary and Claire, what a pair!! Those shots are really lovely Jen! I'm glad that she was in a posing mood.

Ah, yes. Our DIS meet! I have to be honest, I noticed Claire and her Mary Poppins dress first, and then you (and your hair!). I almost didn't come up to you, thinking I would be intruding on a family moment, but my DH encouraged me to do so, and I'm so glad that I did. It was only a few moments, and you were so nice to let a complete stranger talk to you. You can go down in history as being the first DIS meet I've ever had. Hopefully one day we'll get to meet again, and I'll have Madelyn with me.
I am so glad you came up top me. It was wonderful meeting you. And hopefully our paths cross again in the future!
Old 09-08-2011, 01:09 PM   #1995
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Love the Mary meet! She looks wonderful. The photos with the parasols are awesome!

I probably wouldnt' like Le Cellier. I don't like salt! I cook with it some, but never put it on food (except home made french fries!) If i put salt on something, you know it's really bad!
It was very salty and I LOVE salt. Too much for even me. But I just wonder if it depends on which chef is working..or somehting like that?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: