Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2011, 06:57 PM   #1966
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

I agree that LeCellier did not live up to the hype and I was very sad about it

I love the Mary dress!!!!

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Dec 2014 CBR
Tinkermom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:08 PM   #1967
DisneyBoundinDec
DIS Veteran

call me the crazy one but we LOVED Le Cellier!!! it wasn't salty at all for us and I LOVED the soup!!!

We can't wait to go back there again in January! I hope we go on a non-salty night!
DisneyBoundinDec is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2011, 07:59 PM   #1968
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
I agree that LeCellier did not live up to the hype and I was very sad about it

I love the Mary dress!!!!
I hear that more and more.
Thansk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBoundinDec View Post
call me the crazy one but we LOVED Le Cellier!!! it wasn't salty at all for us and I LOVED the soup!!!

We can't wait to go back there again in January! I hope we go on a non-salty night!
I hear mixed reviews, but a lot of the newer ones seem to say salty. LOL! But I hear of some fabulous ones too.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:37 PM   #1969
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

LOVED the Marry Poppins meet! I like the pictures there better than the ones at 1900 PF. I just like the outdoor setting better. But either way, those pictures are priceless.

Too bad Le Cellier wasn't very good. We loved it in '08, and I got the same thing you did. It was probably the best thing I ate that whole trip. But I think you can hit a good place on an off night and it just ruins it for you. I do think that they should be more consistent there for what they charge. We have a local Mexican place here that we eat at several times a month. All three of us eat for about $15 and the food is ALWAYS good. We've been going there for 17 years too! So I think for what LC is charging, they can do better than that.
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:58 PM   #1970
TyTysMommy
Mouseketeer

First off, I love love love that Mary Poppins dress. I never really thought about Mary Poppins before, but after seeing Claire in her dress, I'm just loving it. I even popped in the movie tonight and watched it. I guess I have a new found love for MP. Isabelle is only 7 months old but I'm already thinking of when we take her to WDW. Janet, I'd like to place an order for a Mary Poppins dress for Spring of 2013!
TyTysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:15 AM   #1971
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
LOVED the Marry Poppins meet! I like the pictures there better than the ones at 1900 PF. I just like the outdoor setting better. But either way, those pictures are priceless.

Too bad Le Cellier wasn't very good. We loved it in '08, and I got the same thing you did. It was probably the best thing I ate that whole trip. But I think you can hit a good place on an off night and it just ruins it for you. I do think that they should be more consistent there for what they charge. We have a local Mexican place here that we eat at several times a month. All three of us eat for about $15 and the food is ALWAYS good. We've been going there for 17 years too! So I think for what LC is charging, they can do better than that.
I liked these pictures better too. I got better ones being outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTysMommy View Post
First off, I love love love that Mary Poppins dress. I never really thought about Mary Poppins before, but after seeing Claire in her dress, I'm just loving it. I even popped in the movie tonight and watched it. I guess I have a new found love for MP. Isabelle is only 7 months old but I'm already thinking of when we take her to WDW. Janet, I'd like to place an order for a Mary Poppins dress for Spring of 2013!
Janet makes the best dress I have seen out there.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:45 AM   #1972
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Jen, the Mary Poppins photos are priceless! I'm loving Claire's big smiles! Ane you're right. That setting is gorgeous. Can you believe we've never met MP at Epcot? You really make me want to try .... if we get a new costume together for this trip. At the very least, I have to check that area out. I've never see that teacup planter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

I have to share this....totally off subject.....
Yesterday my Older DD, Paige, called me and said her and her boyfriend were driving near a mall yesterday and there was an icecream store near this mall.....there was a sign out front that said "Is you name Paige? Come in for a Free cone". She texted me a picture too to prove it. So guess what, she stopped for a free cone.
LOL! Free ice cream????? I'd totally be stopping! Do you think maybe the boyfriend arranged that????

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTysMommy View Post
LOL! I've got you down! Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Quote:
I liked these pictures better too. I got better ones being outside.

Janet makes the best dress I have seen out there.
Thanks Jen!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:09 PM   #1973
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

The pictures of Claire & Mary were so special. It's great when you can gte the shots that you want!

We leave early in the morning for WDW & CBR!!

Doris
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:46 AM   #1974
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Once we were done with Mary, Mom called and we met up just down the road. She told me that my card I had left with her had nothing on it, so she paid my bill. OMG! I gave her the empty card. I had 2 rewards card, one was used, while the other still had a lot on it…and I gave her the wrong one. I went to pay her back, but she told me not to worry about it. She was going to pay for the gas to refill the van the next day before we returned it and she said that I could just do it instead.

We stopped to take a few more pictures of Claire.

We separated again. Mom and Dad were going back towards Future World. I forgot to mention, that during dinner, Dad was telling us how he refused to go much further into World Showcase. He said it was way too much walking. I also mentioned having FP’s for Soarin’ and Test Track and he thought that was the dumbest thing ever…why would you walk to a ride, get a FP and then ”wait” and do other stuff and walk ALL the way back to that ride. He was convinced only fools would do that and I was one of those fools! LOL!
He did say they might try to get on Test Track and I told him the stand by line was probably long, but if they didn’t mind being separated they could do the single rider line. Mom didn’t care, but Dad said he couldn’t ride it without Mom.

Claire and I did headed off towards future World.

Is this a spider?

We stopped for some photopass.

And continued on.

We came upon another photopass photographer near the Cinderella Topiary. We stopped and waited our turn. There was a couple getting theirs done, but I really didn’t pay too much attention to them.
After they were done, we walked up and got a few pictures. I did kind of notice that the couple was still standing in the area……kind of watching. I didn’t think too hard on it, but figured either they liked Claire’s dress and were watching or they wanted some special shots and were letting us go ahead of them.

We got our card scanned and the gal of the couple came up to me and asked if I was Jen. I probably gave her the deer in the headlights look. LOL! I think I managed a yes. And she told me her name, which I didn’t recognize. But then she told me her Dis name and I knew that one. It was “dekkerdisneydreamer” (Sheresa). How she recognized us, I have no clue. It either had to be by Claire’s dress (which was in my signature on Dis for a long time) or my crazy two toned hair.

We chatted a few minutes and then left. I can’t believe I didn’t think of having a picture taken together, once again! We were even right next to a photopass photographer so we could’ve all been in it, but my mind was just not thinking straight! She and her DH were very nice and I am so glad to have met her.

I had Claire then go in front of the Cinderella topiary for a few pictures.

1st one without her. It was hard to get them because on this side you couldn’t see their faces and on the other the light post and flag were in the way.

We spotted Marie in France and quickly made our way over only to find her leaving!

We were assured Marie would return soon, so we decided to wait. We had never met her before, nor had we ever even seen her in the parks. Claire had also bought the baby Marie plush at MK a few days before, so she was even more excited to actually meet her. She was really impressed that she wore a “pink” bow.

A few shots while waiting in line.

I have to say the wait was a bit longer than I expected, but eventually Marie came back out.

Last edited by jenseib; 09-06-2011 at 12:59 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:58 AM   #1975
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Jen, the Mary Poppins photos are priceless! I'm loving Claire's big smiles! Ane you're right. That setting is gorgeous. Can you believe we've never met MP at Epcot? You really make me want to try .... if we get a new costume together for this trip. At the very least, I have to check that area out. I've never see that teacup planter!

LOL! Free ice cream????? I'd totally be stopping! Do you think maybe the boyfriend arranged that????

Thanks Jen!
I really liked how these turned out much better. It only took me 5 months to get them posted! LOL!
I haven't talked to Paige since she stopped, but I assume she got her free cone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
The pictures of Claire & Mary were so special. It's great when you can gte the shots that you want!

We leave early in the morning for WDW & CBR!!

Doris
YAY! Here is 1 dancing banana for you!

Have a fabulous time. if you do a TR, be sure to let me know!

It is 2 AM here and I can't sleep. What gives? I guess I got too much sleep over the past few days. I thought I would sleep like a rock tonight though, since we were busy all day, but I guess not. But at least it gave me time to finish an update!
Old 09-06-2011, 02:38 AM   #1976
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Love the Mary Poppins dress!! Sorry about Le Cellier, last time I went it was great but I am a salt snob these days as I can only have 1500 to 2000 mg grams daily so with steaks and other freshly cooked items I say do not salt while cooking and am very specific with that!!! Salt it and I send it back...use too many sauces...I send it back. My best friend thought FP was for the birds til she saw how I used it and we minimized back tracking except for 1 person and we rotated who was the fast pass runner. It became fun for her when we got a fp then ate lunch, watched the line grownto 2 hour wait for some rides and handed our fp after lunch and walked on walking by the standby line!! Sorry your Dad never got it.
Cant wait to hear more and watch the nest trip report form...are u planning another trip...my nest trip is DCL Fantasy Dec 15,2012 so I need to get a lot of fixes between now and then!!
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:40 AM   #1977
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy knows you as more than just "Wife of Eric Roberts--XM Spy"

Your Dad continues to crack me up

Cool of your Mom to pay the bill...MINE woulda put up a fuss and wanted reimbursement

btw...I think that "spider" is actually a butterfly

Beautiful pix...as usual. And, I don't think Claire takes a bad pic...not even her 'grumpy' year

bubba's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:20 AM   #1978
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

LOL- I criss-cross the parks, it's the only way to do what I want!

Marie was a great find for us! Kadence had been having a meltdown and she saw Marie and it was over!
We first saw Marie in 2009, She was kinda off the path in MK and there wasn't anybody else around her. She took Kadence by the hand and walked away a little. They seemed to have a moment and came back. We only have video, because it was only John and Kadence, Sam & I were on Space Mountian and he apparently doesn't think of pics at a time like that!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:41 AM   #1979
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

What a great picture of Marie's back side! LOL! I hope she came back and you got to meet her.

Isn't it fun to run into DISers at Disney????
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:52 AM   #1980
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Quote:
We then decided to head over to Test track and get FP’s. On the way over I realized that the Visa meet and Greet would be going on so we stopped off and got in line. The CM said it was only a 5 minute wait. I looked at the line and then at her and said really and she said yes. So we got in line and after 5 minutes we had not yet moved one step. I gave up. It was getting closer to our ADR time and we still had to get Claire changed. We grabbed the clothes and headed over to Test Track to grab some FP’s and then went to the bathroom to change. It seemed like time had really sped forward again and we were rushing to get her changed. Those darn boots were a pain again and by the time we left the bathroom I had worked up a sweat.
On the way over to Le Cellier Mom had called (and it took me a minute to figure out how to answer her phone) and she wondered where we were. She had checked us in and I told her we were a few minutes away.
We made it finally. I was feeling a bit frazzled with the rush, but soon enough I was more relaxed and hungry. While we waited, I took Claire over to the Kidscot area in Canada and she had her passport stamped and signed.

I’m not sure if I posted it here or not, but I bought it on ebay before we left and it was customized to her.

We did the Visa Meet and Greet, and we were told it would be a half hour, but it was more like an hour. We got to meet Mickey (we met him 4 other times so this wasn't that special) and Pluto who we hadn't seen yet. I don't think it was worth the wait just to get a free 5x7.

Love the passports, look just like mine. I assume you used my cousins husband.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: