Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2011, 08:38 PM   #1951
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

We've never done Figment either. It just was pushed aside when we run out of time. Maybe in Sept

Isn't quiet rest the best thing EVER! Hope you're better better soon

Yay for P & F! I bet you can't wait to see what kinda pics they came away with!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 02:31 AM   #1952
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear you caught it too. I thought about you and Claire tonight I was in the bathroom with River until 1:30am with the opposite of Claires problem, he couldn't go and had a horrible stomach ache he was falling asleep on the toilet but couldn't get up or it would start hurting again.

Thats good that Skip wanted to take her to the show so you could rest. I just bought tickets today to Disney on Ice 100 Years of Magic its in Charleston on Oct.22nd.

I hope you feel better soon!
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2011, 07:56 AM   #1953
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Glad you got some rest! A quiet house is often the best medicine!
Old 09-04-2011, 08:04 AM   #1954
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
We've never done Figment either. It just was pushed aside when we run out of time. Maybe in Sept

Isn't quiet rest the best thing EVER! Hope you're better better soon

Yay for P & F! I bet you can't wait to see what kinda pics they came away with!
You should try to fit it in this trip. It's not the best ride, but I'm sure K would love it.
They took 1 pictue of the show....That was of Perry. LOL! So I have to go through and click some pictures on the disposable camera so I can take it in for development. They also had a picture of the 2 of them taken together and then Claire told me she took one of her plush Candace. LOL! Claire was so funny...when I was looking at the camera she told me you had to wind it to take another picture....she had never seen such a thing, since she's been born I have alway used digital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Sorry to hear you caught it too. I thought about you and Claire tonight I was in the bathroom with River until 1:30am with the opposite of Claires problem, he couldn't go and had a horrible stomach ache he was falling asleep on the toilet but couldn't get up or it would start hurting again.

Thats good that Skip wanted to take her to the show so you could rest. I just bought tickets today to Disney on Ice 100 Years of Magic its in Charleston on Oct.22nd.

I hope you feel better soon!
OH NO! I've had those kind of problems too and those are just as bad! Too bad I didn't live near you, I could go and spread my germs and get things moving on him! In fact Paige, my older DD has those problems all the time (ever since she had mono, her system hasn't been right) and I was thinking of telling her to come over so she could possibly get regular for a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Glad you got some rest! A quiet house is often the best medicine!
It was nice. I am feeling better so far this morning, not perfect, but better, but it comes in waves, so we'll see how the day goes.

I have to share this....totally off subject.....
Yesterday my Older DD, Paige, called me and said her and her boyfriend were driving near a mall yesterday and there was an icecream store near this mall.....there was a sign out front that said "Is you name Paige? Come in for a Free cone". She texted me a picture too to prove it. So guess what, she stopped for a free cone.

Last edited by jenseib; 09-04-2011 at 08:12 AM.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:08 AM   #1955
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Where's that store? Free Ice Cream? Heck yeah i'm stopping! You're only an hourish drive from us!
Old 09-04-2011, 08:13 AM   #1956
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Where's that store? Free Ice Cream? Heck yeah i'm stopping! You're only an hourish drive from us!
She said it was near Fallen Timbers, which is an outside mall kind of outside the Maumee area.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:45 AM   #1957
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Soon our name was called and we were led to our table at Le Cellier.
This was a place I really debated over. I had a 4:10 dinner ADR. But once the new pricing came out, I just couldn’t see spending that kind of money and cancelled. I wanted to try lunch to see how much we really would like it before committing to the high prices. I would look daily and nothing ever came up. The morning we were leaving (March 30th) I gave one last look and guess what? There was a 2:10 opening for April 5th. I booked it.

It took a little while to order. We soon found out we had a slow waitress. She was very nice, but just not speedy at all.
Claire went right to coloring.

Claire was having a hard time deciding what to drink. She just kept making faces and wouldn’t decide. I finally just said get her a Red Maple, which is a Raspberry smoothie with a splash of Sprite. I tasted it and it was very good. There was a lot of debating on what to drink from everyone for some reason.
Dad and I both ended up with the Strawberry milkshakes that were absolutely fabulous as well!

Our bread arrived soon after we ordered. I have to say I was NOT impressed. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t great either. I had heard how wonderful the pretzel bread is, and to me it was no big deal. I think the soft pretzel we had earlier was better. I guess I didn’t understand the hype about this bread when you could just go buy a soft pretzel somewhere. LOL! The other breads weren’t anything special either. And all were pretty hard. I’m not sure if they are supposed to be or not.

Claire ordered Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup, hot dog and the kid’s sundae. She did not want the soup, but I ordered it anyways, and figured I would eat it as it was something I had wanted to try after all the rave reviews.

I was NOT impressed with it! It wasn’t awful, but not great either. I hear so much about this soup, and it was a major let down. First off, it’s called Cheese soup…..why? I didn’t even taste cheese flavor in it. And second, it was sooooo salty. For me to say that is something too. I love salt…… I salt almost all of my food. But this was just way too salty even for me. Now I had read that some people thought the food here was too salty, but I never thought it would bother me. I’m queen of the salt.
Now if they could do away with the saltiness, this wouldn't be too bad at all. Actually it wasn’t bad at all,….. it just didn’t live up to the legend. I have been reading mixed reviews of this place since then as well. And those who give it a thumbs down seem to mention the salt as well.

Mom and Dad ordered Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon. Instead of risotto, they both got Gruyere-Yukon Gold potato gratin. Dad is picky and was worried he wouldn’t like risotto. He had never heard of it before and didn’t know what it was. Let’s just say we had a long conversation about what he should get…..to the point of it being a bit annoying….. He said the potatoes were not what he was expecting, but he still liked them.
Mom and Dad really enjoyed this meal. They talked about it quite a bit.

I got Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon with wild mushroom risotto, white truffle and herb butter sauce.
Again, not impressed. WAY TOO SALTY! Now the food was very good except for the fact that it was just so dang salty. It’s hard to explain. I could tell it tasted good, but I knew it could be better without all the salt. Mom also mentioned her food was a bit too salty too. And she said she heard another table mention something about the food be extra salty.
I still ate every drop on my plate. Like I said, it was good food, it was just not perfect.

And I am sad to say that I had put my camera away at this point and forgot to pull it out for the main course, so no pictures.

I remembered to take out the camera again and got Claire’s half eaten meal.

Claire is the only one who got dessert. Her meal came with it, and we were all much too full. I had wanted to get the Mousse, but there was just no possible way to fit it in! LOL!

Claire enjoyed her Sundae and we all did take a nibble at it.

I think for Claire and I, the bill was just over $50 including the tip. I had left my rewards card with my Mom to pay with and Claire and I left to get in line to see Mary Poppins.

This is the pretty scenery outside of the restaurant. I don’t think I have ever even walked back here before. It was nice to see some new things.

We made our way over to Mary’s line and were one of the last families allowed in before they cut it off.

A few people noticed Claire’s dress and Oohed and Ahhed.

A few pictures of the area.

Almost time!

Our Turn!

As Claire went up to Mary, several people stopped to watch. One guy behind me kept saying...”turn around little girl, I want to see your front”… And he had his camera ready.

A shy moment.

And the pose…this is what I wanted…both parasols open!

I really like this close up one.

And of course, who couldn’t love this one?

Claire came back all smiles. This was one of the best meets she had (along with Chip and Dale). She was in the mood to pose now! I love those moods!
Old 09-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #1958
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Adorable pics with Mary!

I have read a lot of reviews of Le Cellier lately, and I feel like I have heard about food being too salty in several of them. Which is really too bad... I loved the Risotto. Loved. It. But I remember my mom saying something about the salt in the cheese soup, and she loves salt.
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:32 PM   #1959
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I wonder if LeCellier has had a change of chefs since we ate there last. My mother is super concious of her salt intake and she has the same filets as you guys and thought it was the best meal of the trip. So, I know it wasn't oversalted when we visited.

The meet with Mary Poppins looked great! I can tell that Claire was having a good time visiting with Mary and taking the pictures.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:40 PM   #1960
joy13
DIS Veteran

The meet with Mary looks very fun!!! I don't know if I will get Maddie to meet with Mary on this next trip because she is still upset with Mary and Alice from our last trip - lol!!!

I have never eaten at LeCellier, don't know if I will, we have some really good steak places around here.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:53 PM   #1961
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
Adorable pics with Mary!

I have read a lot of reviews of Le Cellier lately, and I feel like I have heard about food being too salty in several of them. Which is really too bad... I loved the Risotto. Loved. It. But I remember my mom saying something about the salt in the cheese soup, and she loves salt.
Most of the recent ones I have read talk about the salt too. Some stil llove it, but it just wasn't for me, but at least I tried it. Now on to other places!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I wonder if LeCellier has had a change of chefs since we ate there last. My mother is super concious of her salt intake and she has the same filets as you guys and thought it was the best meal of the trip. So, I know it wasn't oversalted when we visited.

The meet with Mary Poppins looked great! I can tell that Claire was having a good time visiting with Mary and taking the pictures.
I wonder too. I read a TR on Passporters of a girl who went ab out a week or so after me and she said the same thing, way too much salt.
I really enjoyed our meets with Mary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13 View Post
The meet with Mary looks very fun!!! I don't know if I will get Maddie to meet with Mary on this next trip because she is still upset with Mary and Alice from our last trip - lol!!!

I have never eaten at LeCellier, don't know if I will, we have some really good steak places around here.
I would say skip it unless you really want to give it a try. I don't think it's anything to write home about..... Ok, really, it was OK, but I think we can get better steaks around here too. There are so many places in Epcot to try and I am glad we gave it a try, but now we can try some of the others without worrying about missing out on that one.

Last edited by jenseib; 07-14-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:11 PM   #1962
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
They took 1 pictue of the show....That was of Perry. LOL! So I have to go through and click some pictures on the disposable camera so I can take it in for development. They also had a picture of the 2 of them taken together and then Claire told me she took one of her plush Candace. LOL! Claire was so funny...when I was looking at the camera she told me you had to wind it to take another picture....she had never seen such a thing, since she's been born I have alway used digital.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
John's that way too. He took Kadence to the Zoo,the fair,and a grilling demo , (while I was moving Sam into her Dorm) and he had the point and shoot camera. He took 3 pictures! UGH!

Kadence got a disposable camera last year for some reason and she took the whole roll of her stuffed animals. Most of them were extreme close ups! She has 4 photos of a teddy bears eye!

I love the close up of her and MaryP! Awesome picture. Don't you love it when a shot all comes together!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:16 PM   #1963
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy knows you as more than just "Wife of Eric Roberts--XM Spy"

We really enjoyed our dinner at Le Cellier...then again, that was back in '07....

Maybe it's good you didn't get the mousse. Mighta been too salty!

Her pix really came out great w/ Mary!

bubba's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:40 PM   #1964
PrincessBetsy
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Love those pictures with Mary! And again, fabulous job with her outfit.
PrincessBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #1965
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
John's that way too. He took Kadence to the Zoo,the fair,and a grilling demo , (while I was moving Sam into her Dorm) and he had the point and shoot camera. He took 3 pictures! UGH!

Kadence got a disposable camera last year for some reason and she took the whole roll of her stuffed animals. Most of them were extreme close ups! She has 4 photos of a teddy bears eye!

I love the close up of her and MaryP! Awesome picture. Don't you love it when a shot all comes together!
I was actually wrong. I foun out today he took the whole roll. Iam amazed...but he never used the flash. He had no clue how to, so I'm not sure if any will turn out. He's not the best picture taker in perfect condtions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba's mom View Post
We really enjoyed our dinner at Le Cellier...then again, that was back in '07....

Maybe it's good you didn't get the mousse. Mighta been too salty!

Her pix really came out great w/ Mary!

I was really happy with those Mary pictures.
It seems most of the recent reports are saying the food is salty and not every one either. I don't know what they did. I would've been mad to get mousse and have it salty...don't mess with my dessert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBetsy View Post
Love those pictures with Mary! And again, fabulous job with her outfit.
Thanks. I was happy with the meet too.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: