Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2011, 09:00 AM   #1936
DisneyBoundinDec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
She is on the mend. I just took her to school, but I think I may now have a touch of it. I knew it would happen!
OH NO!! that's not good! Hope you don't get it!!
DisneyBoundinDec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:19 AM   #1937
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

I remember all those grumpy faces too! It's hard to believe that all of us have been around the DIS for so long.

Seeing those pictures made me realize that I need to lighten up sometimes. I would have been irritated with my DD if she wouldn't have cooperated for the pictures, but look at the cute memories you have now from that. Sometimes I am just too type A and want everything to be perfect, but those pictures are PERFECT just like they are! Another day, another lesson learned!

I think I'd have to frame that sour face puckering one! Too cute!
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2011, 02:20 PM   #1938
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba's mom View Post
I love those faces! Priceless!!

Hope she's feelin better today...busy weekend

eta: well....glad she's feelin better....sorry to hear she may have given it to you! Hope Dad isn't next!
I'm feeling kind of blah right now, but I just woke up from a nap. I do hope I am feeling better soon as we are supposed to go away later on today.
I go pick her up in about 10 minutes, so we'll see how she did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBoundinDec View Post
OH NO!! that's not good! Hope you don't get it!!
I hope I don't. I took imodium right away! LOL! I feel more sluggish than anything right now. I got too much going on to feel this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
I remember all those grumpy faces too! It's hard to believe that all of us have been around the DIS for so long.

Seeing those pictures made me realize that I need to lighten up sometimes. I would have been irritated with my DD if she wouldn't have cooperated for the pictures, but look at the cute memories you have now from that. Sometimes I am just too type A and want everything to be perfect, but those pictures are PERFECT just like they are! Another day, another lesson learned!

I think I'd have to frame that sour face puckering one! Too cute!
A lot of the photographers would try to get her to smile or look, and I told them to just take the pictures and I didn't care. At least we would have pictures, even if she was being a little devil in them. I am glad she now smiles...usually, but I still love these pictures because it's just so funny to look back and tease her. We had a good time that trip, and there are pictures she smiled in, but these ones where she was so stubborn are the ones we remember the most.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:56 PM   #1939
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I had hoped to have another update today, but it was such a busy morning and then I took a nap since I felt blah, and I just finished up cleaning up the kitchen and doing some laundry. We are leaving in an hour for the evening, so I need to get both Claire and I ready. I will aim for tomorrow. I have it 1/3 of the way started, so once I get my pictures edited and uploaded, I can post the next bit more. Why does life keep trying to slow me down with this?

Last edited by jenseib; 07-14-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:27 PM   #1941
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

WOW, I go ack to work and miss 2 days and got a lot of updating!

On spaceship earth did you email the pictures to yourself? We did, and thats the only way I got to see John & Sam's pic. It never came up on the big board like Kadence and mine did.

I think the the picture of Claire with Tink in the corner is the best!

I hope she's doing better with her hinder problems, and I hope you aren't get the same problems!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:15 AM   #1942
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

I love the look back at Claires pics especially the one with the pouty lips thats great!

Sorry to hear Claire has been sick. I know how you feel River missed a whole week of school with it last year. I felt like we had to go buy toilet paper every day it was such a pain. I hope you didn't catch it too.

I can't wait to see the rest of your day and see where you put that phone!
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:01 AM   #1943
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
I hope you feel better!
I am feeling more sick than Claire did, unfortunately. I'm not dancing and jumping all around like she did. LOL! I guess it's good that Skip is taking her to Phineas and Ferb today, because at this point in time I feel lousey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
WOW, I go ack to work and miss 2 days and got a lot of updating!

On spaceship earth did you email the pictures to yourself? We did, and thats the only way I got to see John & Sam's pic. It never came up on the big board like Kadence and mine did.

I think the the picture of Claire with Tink in the corner is the best!

I hope she's doing better with her hinder problems, and I hope you aren't get the same problems!
I did email them, but they came as blank pictures. But I could play the video for a short time, of course it's expired now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
I love the look back at Claires pics especially the one with the pouty lips thats great!

Sorry to hear Claire has been sick. I know how you feel River missed a whole week of school with it last year. I felt like we had to go buy toilet paper every day it was such a pain. I hope you didn't catch it too.

I can't wait to see the rest of your day and see where you put that phone!
I think our house is a big Germ house right now. I hate feeling down like this. I need to get some things done, but I just feel like laying around and doing nothing.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:06 AM   #1944
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Jen, I hope you bounce back quickly. I am glad Skip can take Claire to see P & F though. Katie was sick right before our 2008 trip, and I of course cleaned up ALL the mess. I was terrified I would get it during the trip, but somehow managed to stay healthy until the day after we got back.

Thanks for reposting those pictures of Claire's LOOK. I laugh out loud every time I see those. Just the most adorable thing I've ever seen. An absolute family HEIRLOOM!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:44 PM   #1945
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Figment was walk on.

I took this one because Skipís real name is Dean.

We then decided to head over to Test track and get FPís. On the way over I realized that the Visa meet and Greet would be going on so we stopped off and got in line. The CM said it was only a 5 minute wait. I looked at the line and then at her and said really and she said yes. So we got in line and after 5 minutes we had not yet moved one step. I gave up. It was getting closer to our ADR time and we still had to get Claire changed. We grabbed the clothes and headed over to Test Track to grab some FPís and then went to the bathroom to change. It seemed like time had really sped forward again and we were rushing to get her changed. Those darn boots were a pain again and by the time we left the bathroom I had worked up a sweat.
On the way over to Le Cellier Mom had called (and it took me a minute to figure out how to answer her phone) and she wondered where we were. She had checked us in and I told her we were a few minutes away.
We made it finally. I was feeling a bit frazzled with the rush, but soon enough I was more relaxed and hungry. While we waited, I took Claire over to the Kidscot area in Canada and she had her passport stamped and signed.

Iím not sure if I posted it here or not, but I bought it on ebay before we left and it was customized to her.

Old 09-03-2011, 06:57 PM   #1946
TyTysMommy
Mouseketeer

I have never done the Epcot passport before. But Tyler is more interested in learning about other countries now, so I hope he'll like to visit the Kidcot spots next time we make it to WDW.
TyTysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #1947
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Jen, I hope you bounce back quickly. I am glad Skip can take Claire to see P & F though. Katie was sick right before our 2008 trip, and I of course cleaned up ALL the mess. I was terrified I would get it during the trip, but somehow managed to stay healthy until the day after we got back.

Thanks for reposting those pictures of Claire's LOOK. I laugh out loud every time I see those. Just the most adorable thing I've ever seen. An absolute family HEIRLOOM!
I hope so too. I did a lot of sleeping today. I feel more nauseated than anything.
Those are great memories. I do have the one framed and it's just so funny to look at.

Claire and Skip went to Phineas and Ferb this afternoon. (they got back about an hour ago) The yhad a good time and it was a good thing Skip had planned to go as I have felt lousy all day. I think I could've made it if I had to, but it was nice to just sleep most of the time they were gone.
I told Skip how expensive things would be, but I don't think he beleived me. He came home telling me how he paid $20 for a program, $10 for a bucket of popcorn (which he was happy had free refills), $15 for a stuffed Candace...but they survived and had a great time. They said Perry walked right by them very close and it was exciting. Claire did have a bit of a hard time seeing as they were on the floor (I think 6th row), but once she sat on her knees she was fine.
I had them wear their matching Mickey Tye Die shirts/dress (the ones I had made for the cruise and my Mom had worn Skips). Claire said someone took their picture with the free disposable camera that they got. (I had gotten a coupn with the ticket to get one at the merchandise stand and I told Skip to get it). Claire said they took a couple others, but I'm sure they won't be all that great, as neither can take very good pictures.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:27 PM   #1948
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I hope so too. I did a lot of sleeping today. I feel more nauseated than anything.
Those are great memories. I do have the one framed and it's just so funny to look at.

Claire and Skip went to Phineas and Ferb this afternoon. (they got back about an hour ago) The yhad a good time and it was a good thing Skip had planned to go as I have felt lousy all day. I think I could've made it if I had to, but it was nice to just sleep most of the time they were gone.
I told Skip how expensive things would be, but I don't think he beleived me. He came home telling me how he paid $20 for a program, $10 for a bucket of popcorn (which he was happy had free refills), $15 for a stuffed Candace...but they survived and had a great time. They said Perry walked right by them very close and it was exciting. Claire did have a bit of a hard time seeing as they were on the floor (I think 6th row), but once she sat on her knees she was fine.
I had them wear their matching Mickey Tye Die shirts/dress (the ones I had made for the cruise and my Mom had worn Skips). Claire said someone took their picture with the free disposable camera that they got. (I had gotten a coupn with the ticket to get one at the merchandise stand and I told Skip to get it). Claire said they took a couple others, but I'm sure they won't be all that great, as neither can take very good pictures.
Well, at least Skip and Claire got to have some Disney fun. And you got some rest!
Old 09-03-2011, 07:31 PM   #1949
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Can you believe we have NEVER done Figment????? But then we usually shortchange Epcot. You know.... And AK..... pretty much everything but the Magic Kingdom!

I'm adding that to my list though. And I like the Passport. I might need one of those too!
Old 09-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #1950
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTysMommy View Post
I have never done the Epcot passport before. But Tyler is more interested in learning about other countries now, so I hope he'll like to visit the Kidcot spots next time we make it to WDW.
We only got to about half of them. We actually kept forgetting about going to them. We'll take the book back in the future and finish off the missing countries.

Quote:
Well, at least Skip and Claire got to have some Disney fun. And you got some rest!

Quote:
Can you believe we have NEVER done Figment????? But then we usually shortchange Epcot. You know.... And AK..... pretty much everything but the Magic Kingdom!

I'm adding that to my list though. And I like the Passport. I might need one of those too!
There is quite a few things I haven't done at Epcot, or it has been many years since I've done it. Like that Ellen Energy ride. I think t he last time I went on that was 1999. I always forget about it. I like the Imagination song on Figment...it's a catchy little tune.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: