Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2011, 03:16 PM   #181
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Wow what a process that is, but all in one place, that is so cool. Glad check in went rather smoothly and you didn't have any issues.

So cool Mickey was there, of course why wouldn't he be, but WOW, I had no idea he would meet you in the terminal.
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:17 PM   #182
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update; can't wait to see pics of the ship. But keep Claire happy and do those Easter eggs.
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2011, 04:43 PM   #183
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
Wow what a process that is, but all in one place, that is so cool. Glad check in went rather smoothly and you didn't have any issues.

So cool Mickey was there, of course why wouldn't he be, but WOW, I had no idea he would meet you in the terminal.
Mickey and Minnie would change out every so often and at one time we saw Goofy walking around too, but we weren't near enough to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update; can't wait to see pics of the ship. But keep Claire happy and do those Easter eggs.
We are done! We did about 5 dozen, and it was a lot of playing with colors. I am happy to be done now. We cracked two, which wil lmake Skip happy. He's always trying to steal the eggs before Easter.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:54 PM   #184
Disney4nonah
Mouseketeer

YAYA, I haven't missed much...I'm so excited to see the rest of your report...
you had me hanging on every post of your PTR to see how it would end.
A NAILBITER.....OH and your parents, they are so cute, this is going to be good...
Ok, you may proceed..

Me 42- DH 45-
POR Jan 19-28, 2015
POFQ Jan 19-26, 2010
POFQ May 25-31, 2009;
Disney4nonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:53 PM   #186
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney4nonah View Post
YAYA, I haven't missed much...I'm so excited to see the rest of your report...
you had me hanging on every post of your PTR to see how it would end.
A NAILBITER.....OH and your parents, they are so cute, this is going to be good...
Ok, you may proceed..
Thanks for joining me here. I hope you will still have some nails when we are done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Luvin Mickey in his Sailor gear!
Isn't he cute!
Old 04-21-2011, 07:34 PM   #187
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

SO cool to see sailor Mickey!

And good momma for coloring eggs! I haven't finished my Easter bunny duties or purchased the eggs (let alone colored them!) And my oldest turns 18 tomorrow, so not much time. I should have sent Katie up there to color eggs with Clarie!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:14 PM   #188
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
SO cool to see sailor Mickey!

And good momma for coloring eggs! I haven't finished my Easter bunny duties or purchased the eggs (let alone colored them!) And my oldest turns 18 tomorrow, so not much time. I should have sent Katie up there to color eggs with Clarie!
We did see him through out th ship at times too. He was neat to see.
Claire was pretty creative. She would scrible squiggly lines with crayons and then dip them in color and after she saw me make a multi colored egg she had to do a few of those too. It was fun.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:18 PM   #189
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

It was finally OUR turn to see Mickey. I am one of “those” people who take a zillion pictures when their kid meets a character…as you soon will see.

And a posed picture

And this is what the ships photographer took.

And then he took one with my camera as well.

After that I walked around and took a shot of the display model ship. It was again hard to get any pictures of it. It always had several people admiring it.

Claire and I then got in line to get her bracelet for the kids club. The line was kind of long, but it moved fast.

If I remember right, Goofy walked by while we were in line. I don’t know if he was just strolling around or doing a meet and greet. I think he was just strolling.

While we were in line I shot this peek out the window.

Minnie went whooshing by as we were standing in line as well. She and Mickey kept trading out about every half hour.

I swear every time I looked at Mom she was talking to another CM.

We made it up to the counter and it was a breeze again there too. Basically they asked Claire’s name, tapped a few keys on the computer and got her a bracelet to put on. The CM we had there was very friendly and you could tell he really liked working for Disney. He talked a lot about Disney Magic.

After that we decided to walk out to the observation deck to look at the ship. And guess what? About 2 minutes after we walk out there it starts to rain. Not hard, but enough to be annoying. Looks like a “mishap” to me! We stood under an overhang and I shot a few pictures.

I took this with my phone and texted it to family and friends.

At times I thought the rain was going to let up, but it didn’t. We gave up and went back inside then.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:30 AM   #190
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Jen- I know I wouldn't of been able to sleep either! Your 'other' ship pictures are much better than the 'streetlights' picture I commented on FB about! I can totally picture the three of you hanging out at 5am watching the ship!

Glad you were able to check in so early! I can imagine that process could be bad if you weren't there early. Also, glad the computers were working- not like what happened to our friends.

The pictures of Claire & Mickey are really cute!
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:39 AM   #191
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Great update, Jen!

Even checking-in for a cruise is an event at Disney! I love how your mum was always chatting with the CMs. They are so sweet and friendly all the time.

Your photos with "the captain" look great! I love that they do that - and that ship's model is wonderful too. We tried to get a good photo of it on our first cruise, but as you said, lots of people around.
Then on the back to back one we were more or less on our own up there and had the model to ourselves and had time to look at it in detail and it is just amazing!

Can't wait for more!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:24 AM   #192
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

I"m back. I'd been away for several day with Passover and then we went to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA. Boy! That place is a theme park without the Magic. I'm going to write a TR on that short day trip.

About the Question you asked me way back on page 7...
Yes, we are really enjoying Heidi in a way different than we did when we had Lily and Max. So much is different. We're in a different place financially, we're older, we worry less about the little things that young parents fret about! My focus with her is very different. However, I somehow have less time to do things than I think I did over 20 years ago, but I think its because we're so much more involved. When Lily was little, I actually had time to make most of her clothes! I don't do that anymore. Making clothes actually costs more now since everything is made cheaply in China! I do worry that she's missing out by not having all the clothes made and designed by Mommy... but I do create her Halloween costumes. Like this one from this past Halloween. She was a Viking. Can you guess where we bought her helmet and sword?
And yes.. that IS real mink on her costume.

It is sooo late... I need to get to bed... but I'm all caught up... looking forward to finding out why it was so fortuitous that you arrived when you did.

Mindy5767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:09 AM   #193
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Jen- I know I wouldn't of been able to sleep either! Your 'other' ship pictures are much better than the 'streetlights' picture I commented on FB about! I can totally picture the three of you hanging out at 5am watching the ship!

Glad you were able to check in so early! I can imagine that process could be bad if you weren't there early. Also, glad the computers were working- not like what happened to our friends.

The pictures of Claire & Mickey are really cute!
LOL! Yes, those don't look like street lights so much.
I was also happy that it all went fairly smoothly. After the flight, I almost expected some computer to crash!
Claire keeps asking when we can go back. I told her I would love to, but she needs to ask Daddy that question. She then says things like 3 days is too short, lets do 8, or 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Great update, Jen!

Even checking-in for a cruise is an event at Disney! I love how your mum was always chatting with the CMs. They are so sweet and friendly all the time.

Your photos with "the captain" look great! I love that they do that - and that ship's model is wonderful too. We tried to get a good photo of it on our first cruise, but as you said, lots of people around.
Then on the back to back one we were more or less on our own up there and had the model to ourselves and had time to look at it in detail and it is just amazing!

Can't wait for more!
I think Mom was just as excited, but was trying not to show it so much. I know the week leading up to the vacation she was posting a lot on facebook about going on a cruise a lot.
"When" we go again (gotta think positive), I think I wil ltry to take in a few more details in the terminal. I was so wide eyed and excited that I don't think I really looked around as much as I could've. Especially the model shop. I wish I took more time and just looked at it really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy5767 View Post
I"m back. I'd been away for several day with Passover and then we went to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA. Boy! That place is a theme park without the Magic. I'm going to write a TR on that short day trip.

About the Question you asked me way back on page 7...
Yes, we are really enjoying Heidi in a way different than we did when we had Lily and Max. So much is different. We're in a different place financially, we're older, we worry less about the little things that young parents fret about! My focus with her is very different. However, I somehow have less time to do things than I think I did over 20 years ago, but I think its because we're so much more involved. When Lily was little, I actually had time to make most of her clothes! I don't do that anymore. Making clothes actually costs more now since everything is made cheaply in China! I do worry that she's missing out by not having all the clothes made and designed by Mommy... but I do create her Halloween costumes. Like this one from this past Halloween. She was a Viking. Can you guess where we bought her helmet and sword?
And yes.. that IS real mink on her costume.

It is sooo late... I need to get to bed... but I'm all caught up... looking forward to finding out why it was so fortuitous that you arrived when you did.
Love the costume. My DD Paige bought one of those Viking hats years ago. I laughed when that was her choice of hat to buy! I wish I could sew. I really don't have any artistic talent. I would love to be able to sew a costume of some sort.
I have been to Bush Gardens in Tampa twice, but never in Williamburg, though we have talked of going to that area a few times. But it still has been over 10 years since I've been to that one. There are so many places I would like to visit. I really do need to win a big lottery jackpot to afford all I want to do.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:36 AM   #194
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Jumping in to your TR. We were on the Magic this same week and I am still missing it.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:12 AM   #195
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
Jumping in to your TR. We were on the Magic this same week and I am still missing it.
Thanks for joining! I totally understand the missing thing. I wish we could go several times a year.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: